DAFC.net
Home 27 July 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Reserves v Dundee
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 7 Nov 14:05

I thought today`s Reserve League Cup game would have been an ideal chance to give KRH and possibly Matty Todd some game time but neither features.

DUNFERMLINE: Max Little: John Tod, Sam Young, Miller Fenton (c): Jake Rennie, Michael Beagley, Ewan McLeod, Liam Hoggan, Mark Beveridge, Taylor Sutherland, Jake Sutherland
SUBS: Neil Blake, Daniel Bell, Logan Kudesia, Liam Middleton, Jamie Findlay

DUNDEE: Ruaridh Lynch: Callum Lamb, Ewan Murray, Luke Graham (c), Archie Crowther, Craig Donald, Alex Barnett, Mitchell, Euan Mutale, Clarak, Jamie Richardson
SUBS: Lewis Lorimer, Lewis Craik, Finlay Allan, Davies-Browne, Rayan Mohammed, McKelvie (GK)

The game is being played at Ainslie Park, Edinburgh and has just kicked off.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Reserves v Dundee
Date:   Tue 7 Nov 14:51

Pars 0-2 Dundee HT score.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kozmano1  
Date:   Tue 7 Nov 15:09

Aye, I left at half time. The big 09 for Dundee looks decent.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 7 Nov 15:10

McPake may be thinking of of putting them on the bench on Friday ☺

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Nov 15:57

Pars 1-5 Dundee FT. Jake Sutherland scored our goal from an assist by his brother.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Wed 8 Nov 19:47

I went along. Overall we were just outplayed – I noted Dundee were favourites on Betfair prior to kick-off which probably reflects the difference in age – we had a very young side.

We lined up rather like the first team do – something like this:

GK: Little

RWB:Rennie
RCB: J Tod
CB: Young
LCB: Fenton
LWB: Hoggan

RM: Beveridge
CM: McLeod
LM: Beagley

F: T Sutherland
F: J Sutherland

We just seemed to lose the goals too easily. Mutale (who’s on loan at Forfar) finished accurately twice in quick succession and then in the second half Richardson (who’s on loan at Dundee North End) did the same. Mohammed finished from about a foot out when Little only half stopped a shot and it ran through off the post.

Our goal was good – a nice ball through the inside right channel by McLeod found Taylor Sutherland who beat his man and then picked out his brother at the back post.

We tried to pass the ball, but weren’t afraid to go long – trying to pick out Taylor who didn’t get much change out of his marker.

Hoggan took a knock and went off at half-time – no mention of his status from the manager. I imagine Fenton is ahead of him for the substitute left back berth in any case.

The highlight for me was probably the fox wandering round the touchline in the second half. And being close enough to hear how the ref (Kyle Hall – is he local? Sounds like a country-dance venue) controlled the game. He let a lot of shirt-pulling go, which is one of my pet hates.

Overall, one to be put down to experience.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Nov 20:20

Interesting that Fenton was playing LCB. Could he provide cover in that position for the first team?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Thu 9 Nov 11:39

This place is quiet today...

I think Fenton previously played CB along with Kyle Macdonald in the friendly v Civil Service Strollers, in the year when we used about 11 centre-backs.

Yes, I think he is an option, but possibly in an emergency 15 minutes at the end of a game sort of way. I`m not sure I would start him yet.

I assume that Greg Shields will be coaching him well and will know best.

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Thu 9 Nov 12:38

Cheers, MCT. The first time I saw Fenton I thought he had the physicality to play CB. It looks like the defence tomorrow night will be the same as last week but it would be handy to have someone on the bench who could slot in if an emergency arose. It might also help his own development as he`s not going to get many opportunities at LB or LWB as long as Edwards is available.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Wed 29 Nov 11:03

Dundee fielded an ineligible player so the result has been changed to a 3-0 Dunfermline win.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-statement-cinch-reserve-cup

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Wed 29 Nov 11:05

Great result

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 29 Nov 12:53

Quote:

McCaig`s Tower, Wed 8 Nov 19:47

The highlight for me was probably the fox wandering round the touchline in the second half. And being close enough to hear how the ref (Kyle Hall – is he local? Sounds like a country-dance venue) controlled the game. He let a lot of shirt-pulling go, which is one of my pet hates.

Overall, one to be put down to experience.

Think Kyle comes from Dunfermline, his mother worked in SKY.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 29 Nov 13:32

kyle is a police officer based in KDY. Certainly a regular in the Junior/East of Scotland game. John stewart who was North stand assistant on friday is also a local boy

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net