DAFC.net
Home 01 June 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Manager`s update
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 8 Nov 19:02

Squad for Friday

“Matty Todd will come into the squad. He was touch and go last week, he probably just hadn’t done enough in terms of load in training. We opted to top him up, Kane Ritchie-Hosler (pictured above) had done a little bit more. Kane and Matty are in the squad, other than that, it should be unchanged. It’s a boost having those two, they have another week of training in them as well. Sam Fisher is fine and I thought he was excellent. I know I said that post-match, but the back three and Deniz were excellent in the Morton game, withstanding a lot of late pressure.”

The injury list therefore is one of three players – Andrew Tod, Kyle Benedictus and Rhys Breen. The manager updated their situations:-

“Andrew Tod isn’t back training. He’s nursing his knee and we’ll just take our time with that and get him right. Apart from that it’s unchanged. Kyle and Rhys are working away. They’ll not make this game, but I wouldn’t like to put a date on it. I don’t know the date, if I’m honest. They’re working away and doing wee bits and pieces. Thigh injury for Kyle, hamstring for Rhys.”

Some were looking for Kyle Ritchie-Hosler and Matty Todd (pictured above) in the reserves line up on Tuesday against Dundee but James explained his thinking about that:-

“I think, in terms of with there being a game on Friday and a game on Tuesday, there’s still plenty time to recover, but then you are missing a lot of time on the training pitch because they’re preparing for a game on Monday and they’re away the Tuesday then recovering on the Wednesday when we could have them for the three days here.

“It’s different for ones coming back, Benedictus being a bit older and, he’ll not mind me saying it, there’s not many as naturally fit as Kane or Matty. They’re probably beyond the point of needing to go into a reserve game unless we had no game. It was beneficial for both of them to be here, we could then work them really hard over the weekend as well. It was a decision I made and one I stand by.”

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net