DAFC.net
Home 08 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Squad Chat
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Tue 21 Nov 14:52

I see Raith have signed Dan O`Reilly (ex Hamilton Accies) on a short term contract. I thought he might have been an option for us back in July and again in September when Bene and Breen picked up their injuries. He has a bit of Championship experience and could have provided cover for a season. Unless it is a money issue I take it that J McP is happy with what he has got in that area. To be fair Hammy and Otoo are doing quite well but as other posters have said, they might be more effective playing further forward where their energy should give the team a bit more pace and bite. Be interesting to see if there is any movement in the defensive area in January.
It`s taking a while for news on the Josh Edwards contract front and I hope we hear something soon. He is only days away from entering the last 6 months of his contract. Is it still the case that he can start speaking to other clubs at that point?
As far as strikers are concerned it will be some job for the management team to unearth a good enough one in Scotland. Other Scottish clubs seem to be able to bring in players from abroad - is it time for Thomas Meggie to use the contacts we were told about when the new Directors came in?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Squad Chat
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Tue 21 Nov 15:11

on Edwards - I think he can speak to other clubs, however so long as we offer him terms comparable to as his current terms then we would be entitled to compensation should he choose to leave.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Tue 21 Nov 16:40

^^ no compensation is due down to his age at the end of the season.

a defensive move in January will probably be recalling Young from his loan spell.
the striker front the same applies to Sutherland.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 21 Nov 17:21

Quote:

GJS93, Tue 21 Nov 16:40

^^ no compensation is due down to his age at the end of the season.

a defensive move in January will probably be recalling Young from his loan spell.
the striker front the same applies to Sutherland.

So we definitely won`t sign anyone in January?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Tue 21 Nov 18:15

What happened to the Kenyan defender we had in for a look?

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net