DAFC.net
Home 01 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 NW Turnstile Issues - Again
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Fri 24 Nov 23:59

We really need to get this sorted out. Most games this season haven`t been too bad but tonight the queue was the worst I have ever seen. It took me about 20 minutes to get in and I just made it to the top of the steps as the whistle blew to start the game with hundreds of people still outside. Several times in the last 18 months it`s been really bad, usually for evening games and it really is not good enough.

I stood for quite a while level with the second set of Norrie turnstiles. For much of that time, absoutely nobody was going through any of those 3 gates which was obviously very frustrating.

Facilities in the NW have never been great but now that it`s easily the most densely populated section of the ground, surely it`s time to look at this. As a priority, there needs to be a permanent 3rd turnstile installed, even if it`s just so that things don`t come to a complete stop when one of the existing two has an issue. There also needs to be a look at toilet provision - if you`re male and you only need a pee then it`s fine, but those of you who don`t use the NW might be surprised to know that there`s only one cubicle in the male toilets. That`s just not acceptable nowadays. I`ve never been in the female toilets so don`t know how many cubicles are in there, but there`s been lengthy queues there often recently.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: NW Turnstile Issues - Again
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 25 Nov 00:04

The security lad who was doing searches there was next to useless! He literally just stood in front of my staring at me, was really strange tbh lol!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sat 25 Nov 00:13

Norrie was an absolute breeze tonight with people in the actual turnstiles - and the fact there were no queues
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Sat 25 Nov 00:27

I agree with Socks about the NW. For once I was there early tonight so had no problems getting in, but I agree that most weeks there are disproportionately long queues. The empty turnstile space needs to be filled.

Part of the problem is also that the stewards (understandably) do far more checks on fans going through the NW turnstiles.

The toilet provision is also reminiscent of the 1970s and only having one cubicle is really a disgrace, particularly as for much of the time it is occupied by several young lads at a time, perhaps indulging in behaviour of dubious legality.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 8000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 25 Nov 01:32

Quote:

Stanza, Sat 25 Nov 00:27
The toilet provision is also reminiscent of the 1970s and only having one cubicle is really a disgrace, particularly as for much of the time it is occupied by several young lads at a time, perhaps indulging in behaviour of dubious legality.

Yep, those young guys in the North West are cottaging
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Sat 25 Nov 01:42

I patted down my own pockets tonight. That was as much of a check there was on me on my way in.

Not been in but I`ve been told there`s two cubicles in the ladies. I think I went about 40 years presuming there was just the one. At least now it no longer says "Ladies To let".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sat 25 Nov 06:08

As I use 2 sticks I use the disabled entrance in the Norrie. The steward there Coul not scan my ticket or indeed the person in front of me. He said our tickets were for another turnstyle. However he eventually let us in without being scanned. Whether or not we were counted in the attendance number, I have no idea!

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net