DAFC.net
Home 01 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 In the dark
Topic Originator: istvan kozma  
Date:   Wed 29 Nov 21:18

Arbroath release a detailed statement updating their fans about Michael McKenna`s injury in last night`s game. We get heehaw on our players. Do we know if any more players are likely to be out of action this weekend?
Maybe we`ll just forget to put covers on the pitch and hope the game will be frozen off.

KOZMA

Post Edited (Wed 29 Nov 21:21)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: In the dark
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 29 Nov 21:27

Eh? It`s already been explained the situation. KRH dislocated his shoulder.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Wed 29 Nov 21:27

Oh jesus wept 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 29 Nov 21:32

Think of the children!

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Wed 29 Nov 22:38

That will be at least three months out for KRH then…….unbelievable really. Three bad injuries in succession…

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 30 Nov 03:11

I dislocated my shoulder last year, pulling a tree stump out. It was painful as hell until my neighbour managed to get my shoulder back in place. But I don`t recall any major pain after that, though I tried not to lift anything with that arm for a wee while.

I can`t see how it would greatly impact a footballer beyond perhaps him avoiding shoulder charges for a week or two.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Thu 30 Nov 04:10

Is the pain not mainly from the nerves being stretched out of place?

Thats why it should be put back in by a pro because if you get the nerve trapped in the joint when its reset it can be excruciating and need surgery 😳

You will probably now have a looser joint though as the ligaments will have been stretched too so it may pop out again without much force!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shellypar  
Date:   Thu 30 Nov 07:22

Quote:

OzPar, Thu 30 Nov 03:11

I dislocated my shoulder last year, pulling a tree stump out. It was painful as hell until my neighbour managed to get my shoulder back in place. But I don`t recall any major pain after that, though I tried not to lift anything with that arm for a wee while.

I can`t see how it would greatly impact a footballer beyond perhaps him avoiding shoulder charges for a week or two.

Wow that is some take in the last paragraph 🤣🤣

COYP
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 30 Nov 07:43

I think ozpar is using the old, `you dont hurl with your nose` argument (for anyone with Irish connections),

...but while you dont `play` football with your shoulder, it is integral to movement and physical interactions with other players, so would need to be healed properly - but once set right, could still take 3 or 4 months to heal properly :(
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Thu 30 Nov 08:10

Should we just write KRH off this season, let the lad heal 100% and be back for pre season? And not let Matty challenge him in training...

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Thu 30 Nov 10:24

Andy Robertson dislocated his shoulder in the Spain game…….let’s see when he comes back. At least three months…..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Thu 30 Nov 10:37

It really depends on the damage the dislocation causes. Andy Robertson required surgery, hence the long lay off. If its a straight forward, pop back in then pain management - then he could be back in 6 weeks.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ditch  
Date:   Thu 30 Nov 11:05

It`s very common amongst cyclists (along with broken collar bones).
There`s plenty of examples of them carrying on.

Hopefully KRH will have minor damage, get away with surgery and be back over the next few weeks.

https://www.stickybottle.com/races-results/lars-van-der-haar-pops-dislocated-shoulder-back-in-mid-race-video/

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Thu 30 Nov 11:20

The NHS website says 12-16 weeks recovery, and that`s for an ordinary member of the public. I would guess a professional sportsman in a contact sport might need longer.

"It usually takes up to 12 weeks to recover from a dislocated shoulder. It may take up to 16 weeks to fully return to playing some sports, but for some recovery can take longer."

"Once you dislocate your shoulder, there’s an increased risk it could happen again."

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/dislocated-shoulder/

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 8000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Thu 30 Nov 11:33

Stanza

You could also argue that a recovery time for a professional sports person might be shorter due to their superior health, fitness and strength etc (compared to the average punter).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Thu 30 Nov 11:45

I am 80 years old and I am recovering from a dislocated shoulder and at the other end of recovery time. I required surgery, however, my forecast from the surgeon was, 6months to a year. I wonder what was forecast for Andy Robertson?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Thu 30 Nov 14:08

Quote:

neilholland999, Thu 30 Nov 11:33

Stanza

You could also argue that a recovery time for a professional sports person might be shorter due to their superior health, fitness and strength etc (compared to the average punter).

One can argue anything, and I hope you`re right. Individuals will certainly vary.

But in the absence of detailed knowledge about the extent of Kane`s injury, the NHS general guidance is IMO more likely to be accurate than that of non-medical posters on a football forum.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 8000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Thu 30 Nov 14:11

Quote:

Ditch, Thu 30 Nov 11:05

It`s very common amongst cyclists (along with broken collar bones).
There`s plenty of examples of them carrying on.

Hopefully KRH will have minor damage, get away with surgery and be back over the next few weeks.

https://www.stickybottle.com/races-results/lars-van-der-haar-pops-dislocated-shoulder-back-in-mid-race-video/

Hi Ditch, I cycle and the demands in the shoulder of a cyclist I would consider as different to that of a footballer. Also cyclists are known for enjoying pain against a footballers mind of avoiding pain. I actually find the mind of some cyclists quite disturbing and something that needs addressing in the sport. But that is a different subject and forum.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ladswell_Thistle  
Date:   Thu 30 Nov 15:51

I would expect a professional athlete to be back sooner than the average Joe as they will have access to daily treatments, physio, correct gym procedures etc.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 30 Nov 15:57

It`s probably a bit of both with a dislocated shoulder. KRH will probably be fit to maintain fitness and take some part in training very quickly.

It might be longer than your average punter until he can fully do his job and play competitively. Everything will need to heal properly, get the strength back to 100% and ensure that the chance of it happening again is minimised.

Guesswork until we here from the club, mind you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net