DAFC.net
Home 16 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Man City
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 17:26

Surprised Haaland did not get red carded for this :-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67618251

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Man City
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 17:51

Yea that pics looks pretty bad, BPP. There`s no way the City players would have dared to protest like that if the ref had been Pierluigi Collina - he of the unblinking stare, motioning to go into his top pocket for a card.

Having said that, footballers are an extremely competitive breed - they absolutely hate losing. I`m not condoning the City players behaviour in any way ( especially Ederson who raced some 50 yards to remonstrate with the official) but the ref did make a complete @r$e of the incident and bear in mind that the City players would have been really annoyed with themselves for twice allowing Spurs to equalise to draw their 3rd consecutive game after being ahead. Arguably, 6 pts down the drain which could prove crucial next May.

The ref should have dished out a couple of yellow cards. That would have settled things down, I fancy. A red card for dissent is very harsh.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 17:51

Haaland is one scary-looking guy when he`s riled but maybe `wtf` translates into a perfectly harmless phrase in Norwegian.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 18:08

Wtf is a harmless phrase.

Found it very bizarre for it to be described as offensive slang by the bbc. Offensive to who?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 18:34

Perluigi Collina would never have made that error........
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 19:22

It was an error from the ref, which seems a lot more recent these days, but that doesn’t excuse the players acting like they did…even at full time Haaland was marching off barging into Spurs officials and having arguments with them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 20:05

The standard of refereeing is as bad as I’ve known in my lifetime

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 20:07

Shocking refereeing
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 20:29

Iv`e watched it a few times and yes if it is the refs decision then its poor

But after he waved play on it looked like he got a message in his ear .. Maybe Grealish was offside ? ..

There is no excuse for that reaction by Haaland and the Man City players

Lack of discipline .. control .. respect .. No official should have to endure that irrespective of the circumstance

Red card Haaland for me

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 20:33

agree, red card for behaviour (and being a competitive sort of person is no excuse as many other sports men and women are equally competitive but can still take a decision against them without behaving like a spoilt brat)

they need to do something about this and diving / simulation

edited to say that I understand that the ref was about to blow for the foul, played advantage initially and then gave the foul.
advantage is completely at the refs discretion and maybe he felt that with half the field and three defenders closing in on the Man City player with no support or obvious through pass - reverting back to the foul was the correct decision.

if he`d played on and grealish had fallen over (again), then he would have been berated for not giving the free kick - they can`t win

Post Edited (Mon 04 Dec 20:35)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 20:57

I’m not condoning Haaland’s reaction - it went on way too long, but I can understand the frustration.
I think because of all the bad decisions that have been given this season and last season and the farce that is var, the players have lost a lot of respect for the officials?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 4 Dec 21:30

Haaland was teetering at least 10 minutes prior to that incident, probably due to the fact his team were doing their best to throw away 2 points. This was just the final straw.

To be honest I`ve seen far worse mistakes by refs. Agree with DBPs take on it.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Mon 04 Dec 21:31)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 06:32

Quote:

DBP, Mon 4 Dec 20:33

agree, red card for behaviour (and being a competitive sort of person is no excuse as many other sports men and women are equally competitive but can still take a decision against them without behaving like a spoilt brat)

they need to do something about this and diving / simulation

edited to say that I understand that the ref was about to blow for the foul, played advantage initially and then gave the foul.
advantage is completely at the refs discretion and maybe he felt that with half the field and three defenders closing in on the Man City player with no support or obvious through pass - reverting back to the foul was the correct decision.

if he`d played on and grealish had fallen over (again), then he would have been berated for not giving the free kick - they can`t win

I understand your take on it, DBP, but the standard punishment for dissent is a yellow card, no matter how angry a player`s facial expression may appear.

Now, if Haaland called the ref a useless effing Diddy or cast doubt on who his father was, a red card would definitely have been applicable. It`s possible that Haaland`s reaction merited a red card but Simon Hooper realised that he`d made a total @r$e of things and opted to take the hit, rather than pour petrol on the blaze.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Dec 10:33

"It`s possible that Haaland`s reaction merited a red card but Simon Hooper realised that he`d made a total @r$e of things and opted to take the hit, rather than pour petrol on the blaze."

Thinking similar here GG .. It was a strange one !

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net