DAFC.net
Home 05 July 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Rovers financial results
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 1 Feb 10:41

The Courier is reporting that the Rovers have issued `half-year accounts` for the [period from 1 June 2023 to 31 December 2023. The figures show an increase in revenue of £601,701 compared to 2022, with a rise in costs of £126,937. The club’s board of directors have said they ‘demonstrate the incredible progress we’ve collectively achieved in a remarkably short span of time’.

The new board instantly began refurbishment work at Stark’s Park after their arrival and ‘food and drink’ income, including from hospitality, has shot up by over £100,000. Merchandise and replica kit sales are another success story, increasing by almost £70,000, whilst sponsorship and advertising has grown by nearly £145,000 and match-day gate revenue has nearly doubled to just over £600,000.

Raith have repeatedly balked at suggestions they have been ‘throwing money’ at their team to put together a push for promotion this season. Behind the scenes, club figures have spoken of money being more wisely spent on the playing squad. The statement adds: “The football operations budget has risen by just seven per cent, encompassing expenses for playing and coaching staff, video analysis, medical costs, agent fees, training kits, and more. Despite this modest increase in spending, we’ve already exceeded last season’s total points tally in just the first 19 matches of this season. This demonstrates efficient cost control and achieving maximum value in all areas.”

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rovers financial results
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Thu 1 Feb 10:57

3,300 10 year high home end crowds now dropping to 3,000. Wee Team fans bemoaning the teams lack of form, quality of their recent signings, state of the stadium and plastic pitch causing injuries. Rosy accounting, wait and see what the end of season totals up as.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Thu 1 Feb 11:29

Aye, there’s no “final year” bills in there. Heavily non transparent “transparency” no bonuses, no prize money, it’s a total all out or bust this season. And the fans are falling for it…but now falling away that they’re being found out on the park.

Can only end well… 😁

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Thu 1 Feb 11:31

Is that all from their statement? The bit about throwing money? Looks quite amateurish. Me thinks the wee team doth protest too much... or something.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Thu 1 Feb 12:08

Their finances are of no interest to me but based on the above, I smell 🐴💩.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Thu 1 Feb 12:11

Whats the deal with plastic pitches getting stopped in the top flight? A new grass pitch must cost a few bob if they do go up.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Thu 1 Feb 12:31

General Zod wrote:

> Whats the deal with plastic pitches getting stopped in the top
> flight? A new grass pitch must cost a few bob if they do go up.
>
>

Don’t worry about that. They won’t go up.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 1 Feb 13:23

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 1 Feb 10:41

The Courier is reporting that the Rovers have issued `half-year accounts` for the [period from 1 June 2023 to 31 December 2023. The figures show an increase in revenue of £601,701 compared to 2022, with a rise in costs of £126,937"

The new board instantly began refurbishment work at Stark’s Park after their arrival and ‘food and drink’ income, including from hospitality, has shot up by over £100,000. Merchandise and replica kit sales are another success story, increasing by almost £70,000, whilst sponsorship and advertising has grown by nearly £145,000 and match-day gate revenue has nearly doubled to just over £600,000.”

These figures are quite impressive, their crowds still aren`t that great, so doubling match day revenue is some feat. I`d be interested in having a detailed look at those accounts and see how they compare to ours.

I`m sure it`ll all be above board however. I`m 100% sure that there is absolutely no money laundering going on there whatsoever
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Thu 1 Feb 13:43

Quote:

red-star-par, Thu 1 Feb 13:23

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 1 Feb 10:41

The Courier is reporting that the Rovers have issued `half-year accounts` for the [period from 1 June 2023 to 31 December 2023. The figures show an increase in revenue of £601,701 compared to 2022, with a rise in costs of £126,937"

The new board instantly began refurbishment work at Stark’s Park after their arrival and ‘food and drink’ income, including from hospitality, has shot up by over £100,000. Merchandise and replica kit sales are another success story, increasing by almost £70,000, whilst sponsorship and advertising has grown by nearly £145,000 and match-day gate revenue has nearly doubled to just over £600,000.”

These figures are quite impressive, their crowds still aren`t that great, so doubling match day revenue is some feat. I`d be interested in having a detailed look at those accounts and see how they compare to ours.

I`m sure it`ll all be above board however. I`m 100% sure that there is absolutely no money laundering going on there whatsoever

Instantly what I thought as well
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 1 Feb 14:10

Just glossing over the disaster of two years ago

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 1 Feb 14:48

Interesting statement. It feels like a "but" is missing.

If Raith are managing this success with fewer fans than the Pars, I`d be interested in hearing if our board are looking at the Raith model to learn. I`m not suggesting there`s is a sound model though. As we know, fair weather fans quickly disappear when you stop being successful. This means lower gates, lower merch sales, lower hospitality etc etc.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 1 Feb 15:01

Hats off to them, they`ve seemingly maximised revenue in every department and reduced wastage and unnecessary expenditure whilst massively improving their playing/coaching/management team at relatively little increased cost, all in the space of around 8 months.

Superb effort on the face of it. Wished i knew what their secret was......

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Thu 1 Feb 15:18

Do they rent their pitch out?

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 1 Feb 16:31

Were they giving out food and drink for free before this season?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Thu 1 Feb 17:15

Their management team costs have surely increased?

Their pitch is used regularly by the Raith Foundation teams, my granddaughter goes there during the week, wouldn`t think they are paying 🤔
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 1 Feb 17:21

"Were they giving out food and drink for free before this season?"

New supplier, and they`ve now got that big portacabin thing for a lot more hospitality than they previously had in the old stand *and more crucially it`s been selling out this season).

In terms of their pitch, they`ll train there, their age group teams play there (so no need to hire out Dalgety Bay or Michael Woods or whatever) and yes I think they hire it out. They won`t have to rip it up if they go up - there hasn`t been a vote yet and if and when the vote comes does come in there will be a brace period anyway so they won`t need to worry about that.

Interesting thing for me was the revenue from Raith TV, but no doubt that will upset a few folk so I won`t comment further...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Thu 1 Feb 17:31

No go on tell us? I`m interested.

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Thu 1 Feb 17:46

Meanwhile Dundee Utd have reported an operating loss of £5 million for the 12 month period to June 2023.

Wage bill of £6.9 million!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: chris1883  
Date:   Thu 1 Feb 17:59

The numbers for the half-year revenue and expenditure (I won`t call it accounts) were sent out to a paid-for supporters group (Club1883) and have been circulated from there. If you want to see what was sent out, it is on Pie & Bovril.

In terms of the pluses, for me the catering & hospitality increases are very good. They moved from a catering company to doing it in-house.
I like the way the numbers have been broken down - it`s good to see exactly where the money is coming from and is [and isn`t] going.

The negatives. It is half-year accounts but does represent a loss. This doesn`t include prize money and the likes so I look forward to seeing how it balances at the end of the season.

I know this reporting is far from perfect, but I do like the elements of transparency. I know it is challenging as most clubs are private companies, but it would be wonderful if there were set requirements for financial transparency in the game... after all it is always us fans who need to fill up the begging bowls when things go wrong.

And I think we all know, no matter what any club tries to share, there will always be calls of cover-ups, financial irregularities and similar.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NW 1966  
Date:   Thu 1 Feb 18:21

Personally I couldn`t give two hoots about them. Indifference from me. Oh, apart from when we play them.

I`m only interested in my own club, including our financial position and long term sustainability. Looking forward to see our accounts, any associated information on our revenue streams and long term business model.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Thu 1 Feb 18:25

Rovers won’t be in any immediate financial dangers but like any club being subsidised by a millionaire, once these subsidies stop, they will go into the quagmire should they fail to gain promotion this or next season.

Long term, I’d rather be where we are living within our means.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 1 Feb 18:39

They appear to be over performing and the accounts look very good.?Fair play to them.

Our accounts due end of the month

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Thu 01 Feb 18:40)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 1 Feb 18:47

Not like for like, though.

Rovers have basically published some ongoing management accounts for the last few months.

Ours will be audited figures for our season in League 1.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 1 Feb 19:39

👍

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Thu 1 Feb 20:20

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Thu 1 Feb 15:18

Do they rent their pitch out?

They don’t own it.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 10:36

Andy Barrowman is saying in the Courier that it wasn`t superior financial offers that achieved the signings of Byrne, Turner and Rudden. Their preference was to play for Raith Rovers over any of the other interested parties apparently. They`re still looking to add to their squad in the loan window.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 13:36

No way that`s full truth, he`s put that out merely to massage the ego of Raith fans.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: purekozma  
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 15:24

A serious chance of a winners medal or into the top league surely a big pull for a player and the team WAS winning each week. Only 14 games left.

‘League 1 title winners 2023.’
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: incognito  
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 17:40

I work closely with a member of the Rovers board and we were discussing Rudden a couple of weeks ago and then again once he signed for Raith. He was shocked that Rudden eventually signed with them as we were effectively given first refusal to sign him but declined to pay his wage. He didn`t quote figures but did hint that the wages were considerably less that what you would think.

"Did you see what happened to the magic car?

It turned into a street!"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 18:18

Quote:

incognito, Thu 8 Feb 17:40

I work closely with a member of the Rovers board and we were discussing Rudden a couple of weeks ago and then again once he signed for Raith. He was shocked that Rudden eventually signed with them as we were effectively given first refusal to sign him but declined to pay his wage. He didn`t quote figures but did hint that the wages were considerably less that what you would think.

In other words he demanded more than we thought he was worth and Raith were content with paying the higher wage. Not splashing the cash though, oh no.

Post Edited (Thu 08 Feb 18:18)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 19:52

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 8 Feb 10:36

Andy Barrowman is saying in the Courier that it wasn`t superior financial offers that achieved the signings of Byrne, Turner and Rudden. Their preference was to play for Raith Rovers over any of the other interested parties apparently. They`re still looking to add to their squad in the loan window.

Maybe bridges were burnt with Byrne and Turner and they didnt want to return? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Rudden, if was a loan deal, we probably refused to pay the % that Dundee would have wanted. If perm, hes probably asked for too much.

Its not inconceivable that we arent that attractive of a club. Just because we have a big attendance doesnt mean we are entitled to better players. Fan behaviour/atmosphere will have a part to play in it along with current management/squad members too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 20:12

Money may have been the difference in the summer. Its easier to believe league positions are more of a factor now

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 9 Feb 06:43

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 8 Feb 20:12

Money may have been the difference in the summer. Its easier to believe league positions are more of a factor now

Agree. A player has a choice of joining two clubs; one is challenging for promotion, the other is engaged in a potential relegation scrap and struggling for goals.

Unless the difference in wages is huge, it`s an easy decision to make.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net