DAFC.net
Home 27 July 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Can anyone top this?
Topic Originator: plainview  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 14:56

Due to working quite a lot of weekends over the course of this season I`ve not been able to attend my usual number of games. After the Morton game, I had a think back to my attendance this season and it is truly the worst return I`ve ever had:

Raith (H) 0-1
Partick (A) 0-3
Ayr (H) 0-1
Raith (A) 0-1
Raith (H) 0-3
Raith (H) 1-2
Morton (H) 0-5

That`s 7 games attended, 7 losses, 16 goals conceded and one goal scored! If you don`t laugh, you`ll cry...

Has anyone suffered worse returns than this in a season during their time as a Pars fan?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Can anyone top this?
Topic Originator: rsmith  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 15:01

Quote:

plainview, Tue 6 Feb 14:56

Due to working quite a lot of weekends over the course of this season I`ve not been able to attend my usual number of games. After the Morton game, I had a think back to my attendance this season and it is truly the worst return I`ve ever had:

Raith (H) 0-1
Partick (A) 0-3
Ayr (H) 0-1
Raith (A) 0-1
Raith (H) 0-3
Raith (H) 1-2
Morton (H) 0-5

That`s 7 games attended, 7 losses, 16 goals conceded and one goal scored! If you don`t laugh, you`ll cry...

Has anyone suffered worse returns than this in a season during their time as a Pars fan?

You might need to take one for the team and give Saturdays game a miss 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: plainview  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 15:09

I am working this Saturday so if we do win I`m willing to take all the credit!

Post Edited (Tue 06 Feb 15:09)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 15:49

In the Leishman era up until we beat Rangers in the cup we hadn’t scored a goal that year. Not sure what the preceding games were but it was not easy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 16:02

I only ever attend sporadic away matches, 3 or 4 a season and once went about eight years without seeing us win. St Johnstone away in the Calderwood era ended the hoodoo.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 16:19

I recall travelling 3 times in a row to Dumfries about 4 or 5 years back for games against QOTS and sat through 3 0-0`s.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 00:24

My first season ticket was under Kenny. I was very close to completely giving the game up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 06:51

During season 2011-12 (under Jim McIntyre) I went to some away games and every home game apart from one. The one I missed (through work) was our only home win all season. 3-0 against Aberdeen.

Some really low times. Similar to just now in all honesty.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Kozmano1  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 08:05

I remember going to Firhill, four times in one season, and not seeing us score a goal, and one of the times the trains got cancelled on the way home, on a Friday night. Not been back to firhill since, lol.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 08:57

Aye Kozmano1, Firhill hasn`t been a happy hunting ground for us, but I do remember a second half hat trick by our sub Joe Cardle, taking all three points in one game. I reminded him of the feat a couple of years ago when he was a sub for Partick Thistle and asked him to go easy on us if he came on in the second half. He duly complied and it ended up a draw.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 1985Par  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 10:05

Can`t top it, but I vaguely recall in 05/06 travelling down from Aberdeen for several games at EEP and not seeing us actually even score a goal. The OP prompted me to dig around on wikipedia in an attempt to substantiate this claim and convince myself i wasn`t imagining things

Falkirk 0-1
Motherwell 0-3
Livi 0-1
Killie 0-1

I remember heading north after one game thinking - a f&^%^ goal would be nice.

900 miles and not 1 goal.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 12:20

The first 7 games I went to under Stevie Crawford we never scored a single goal-all in the same calendar year.On the 8th occasion we scored against Alloa at home but went on to lose 3-1.There were a few 0-0 draws in there so we did at least accumulate some points along the way but it was dire to watch.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net