DAFC.net
Home 27 July 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Dundee Utd at home
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 15:23

now 15th March live on TV KO 19:45

Must be our lowest ever number of Sat 3pm games we will play in a season.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Dundee Utd at home
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 16:05

This is bad money wise how many teams play the league leaders twice at home for tv

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 16:57

Not great at all from a financial perspective. There will be fans of both clubs who will not be able to make the game for logistical reasons and others who need to watch their pennies who will opt to watch it on TV.

It`s all very reminiscent of some 20 years ago when the televised game, live on BBC1, was always the Celtic or Rangers away game. The £100k for each game was split with £55k for the home team. This just about covered the loss at the turnstiles, but the OF, who would normally get nowt from an away game, pocketed £45k.

Who in their right minds signed up to that deal and the current one?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 17:11

With two home games against United in the League and a home game against the Rovers in the Cup televised I think we`ve been hard done by. I don`t think the BBC should be allowed to show both home games against a club of their choice.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 17:44

Sounds all unfair to me. Sone clubs penalised more than others? How can that be ?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: istvan kozma  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 19:13

Very disappointed at how the fans are treated. Moving games with very little notice is bad form. I`m getting increasingly tempted to not bother buying a season ticket anymore!!!

KOZMA

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 19:26

Way we played on Saturday they might be doing a lot of us a favour.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 19:42

Every club has to play 2 home league games on a Friday and it is just unfortunate that our games happen to be against the league leaders who have the biggest travelling support in the league but it is what it is.
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 20:30

Quote:

istvan kozma, Tue 6 Feb 19:13

Very disappointed at how the fans are treated. Moving games with very little notice is bad form. I`m getting increasingly tempted to not bother buying a season ticket anymore!!!

I share your disappointment, but it`s not the club`s fault, so not buying a ST is punishing an innocent party.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Tue 6 Feb 21:17

Quote:

GG Riva, Tue 6 Feb 20:30

Quote:

I share your disappointment, but it`s not the club`s fault, so not buying a ST is punishing an innocent party.

With the very minor cost savings with a season ticket it`s no surprise that with relatively late shift in fixtures and postponements that more fans will go for a pay as you go approach and not invest in a season ticket. Season tickets need to offer more value on walk up prices imo.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 10:49

Agreed, where I sit is not sold out with STs and I struggle to make games during the week, so often end up taping them off the tally and watching later that night
Every year I question if it’s worth it and go PAYG instead… the only think that makes me get an ST is that I can take the hit once and then not have to think about paying for a ticket around Christmas when I’m normally skint!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 11:08

One thing`s for sure - the interests of fans who like to go to games are totally irrelevant when the TV companies and the football authorities negotiate these deals.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 12:57

"Agreed, where I sit is not sold out with STs and I struggle to make games during the week, so often end up taping them off the tally and watching later that night
Every year I question if it’s worth it and go PAYG instead… the only think that makes me get an ST is that I can take the hit once and then not have to think about paying for a ticket around Christmas when I’m normally skint!"

same though process but how many £20`s do the club get for games that are re-arranged that i cant make and get no value from. Its certainly a one way process.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 18:43

This is my second year not having a season ticket after having one most of my life. I miss more games than the games saved buying the ST. I buy tickets for the games i can get to but I can`t justify the cost of a season ticket when I miss the best part of 1/4 of the season`s home games.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: istvan kozma  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 20:11

Quote:

arpar, Tue 6 Feb 21:17

Quote:

Quote:

With the very minor cost savings with a season ticket it`s no surprise that with relatively late shift in fixtures and postponements that more fans will go for a pay as you go approach and not invest in a season ticket. Season tickets need to offer more value on walk up prices imo.

I`m still thinking PAYG is where I`m headed unfortunately.

KOZMA

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 20:14

I have a season ticket for the same seat since the Norrie opened ,got in to choose your seat which I, and folk who continually sit in my seat ,think is in a decent position, said folk sit in my seat even though its got reserved and a plaque on it .
I usually come in just before kickoff from Legends ,but becoming a hassle to try and get my seat .
I regularly miss 4-5 home games, so would be better off going pay as you go.

Post Edited (Wed 07 Feb 20:15)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 20:50

Quote:

istvan kozma, Wed 7 Feb 20:11

Quote:

arpar, Tue 6 Feb 21:17

Quote:

Quote:

I`m still thinking PAYG is where I`m headed unfortunately.

No shame that mate

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 21:05

I know it’s the same in most clubs but I’ve never understood the logic in ST holders not getting substantial benefits for paying upfront and basically paying potential signing on fees for new players in the summer months.
There should be guaranteed cup games included.
Obviously for big clubs it guarantees a seat every home game but the same can’t apply for provincial clubs like us.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 21:39

I used to always get a season ticket, I used to feel if was pretty good value for money. At that stage I was a die hard, I would go to reserve fixtures, youth matches when they were held at east end park and so getting in to them for free made it worthwhile. Now reserve games are held god only knows where and are usually at 2pm on a Tuesday or some other random time when working men can't go.
As those other games dried up, missing a couple of games meant that there was no real value in a season ticket any more, as far as I was concerned

Post Edited (Wed 07 Feb 21:40)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TommyR  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 22:10

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Wed 7 Feb 20:14

I have a season ticket for the same seat since the Norrie opened ,got in to choose your seat which I, and folk who continually sit in my seat ,think is in a decent position, said folk sit in my seat even though its got reserved and a plaque on it .
I usually come in just before kickoff from Legends ,but becoming a hassle to try and get my seat .
I regularly miss 4-5 home games, so would be better off going pay as you go.

Just turf them out of it.
You paid for it, it`s yours.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 22:18

Not had a season ticket in about 18 years and still manage to sit in the seat I would have a season ticket in most games. Doesnt justify the cost of missing 2 games with the prices they are these days.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Feb 22:48

Reading all these posts I`m surprised we`ve got over 3,000 season ticket-holders!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 00:37

We`re reserve/youth games not previously counted in ST prices? Club should allow ST holders into the first home Challenge Cup game free too I feel. Living in Dundee and working NHS hours I can`t justify buying one for the 5 max games I get to a season
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 06:43

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 7 Feb 22:48

Reading all these posts I`m surprised we`ve got over 3,000 season ticket-holders!

It`s certainly an excellent return for a provincial club of our size, playing in the Championship. I`ve no idea as to how the ST numbers break down, but I`d guess a large chunk of these have been bought by younger fans, given the advantageous pricing structure., which is great for the long term.

Obviously, our club can`t offer the same knockdown incentives to adults, as this would make it impossible to balance the books and remain competitive at this level. I know that in Serie A some clubs offer as much as a 40% saving on a ST (behind the goals) compared to walk up prices for every game.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: adj27  
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 10:35

I buy a season ticket every year and have done for about 40 years but generally miss 2 or 3 games so lose out financially most seasons - I’ll continue to do so but it does grate that there is such a small saving even for those who never miss a game.

Andy
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 10:40

It`s not just ST holders and `home` fans who are inconvenienced by these rescheduled fixtures. Away trips to Cappielow, Hampden and Firhill lose a bit of their appeal if they are switched from a Saturday afternoon to a Friday evening.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net