DAFC.net
Home 05 July 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Blue Cards
Topic Originator: Parsdaft  
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 16:08

Source X - PLZ SOCCER

Blue cards are set to be trialled in football from next season which will result in a player receiving a 10-minute sin-bin

It is believed that the blue card will be shown if a player commits a cynical foul or shows dissent towards a match official

Is this a positive move?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Blue Cards
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 16:10

FFS. . more unnecessary tinkering ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 16:14

I can`t see Celtic accepting Blue Cards.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 16:19

Doubt they would be that keen on orange either, not that they are or their friends from across the city would get many anyway.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 16:34

I believe they are also considering cooling off periods to allow referees to temporarily stop the game if arguments between players become heated.I heard them talking about it on Talksport earlier-total nonsense.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 16:55

Any player diving should be sent off too

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunPar  
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 17:26

Why wouldn’t they be keen on orange ? The most commonly waved flag at Celtic games is made up of a third orange. Come to think of it……..Celtic fans wave more orange than any other supporters in Scotland…….orange bastards !

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 17:44

Quote:

dover par, Thu 8 Feb 16:55

Any player diving should be sent off too

I can`t agree with that, dover. Not because I condone diving, but because I can envisage many players being sent off unjustly. Remember the vast majority of games don`t have VAR, so the ref may think a player has dived and send him off, when in fact there was contact or he simply lost his balance and wasn`t trying to con the ref. At present, a yellow card allows the player to stay on the park. Under your proposed, the ref would be obliged to send him off.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 18:00

Don`t need anymore BS Added ,
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 19:09

Quote:

Rigger Al, Thu 8 Feb 18:00

Don`t need anymore BS Added ,

Blue is just a ramped up yellow to give an out to referees bottling a red for a cynical foul…

I would like to see a few thing from rugby brought in
Sin-bin is a good one, a yellow card doesn’t help you, only benefiting one of your rivals a few games later when a ban kicks in.
I’d also favour the 10 yard advancement on free kicks for dissent, and maybe for not retreating.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 19:49

They need to stop messing about with the game, it was almost perfect before, they are in danger of ruining it
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 20:12

Man City will be down to about 8 players if this comes in at the highest level. Rodri will be in and out the game constantly.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: steaua  
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 20:59

What a pile of p**. Football is already in a state without introducing blue cards. They are needing to get rid of some of the rockets running football. And I don`t mean the football managers.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 21:11

Good idea and about time. Yellow cards are no deterrent. Blue cards will give a just advantage.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 21:29

Sinbins would be an absolute farce and just provide even more problems for the officials.We just need the referees to use the powers that they already have correctly.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 22:10

If you think time wasting is bad now, wait till a team is winning and get a man sin binned.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Feb 22:49

Quote:

parathletic, Thu 8 Feb 21:29

Sinbins would be an absolute farce and just provide even more problems for the officials.We just need the referees to use the powers that they already have correctly.

Agree ,
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 9 Feb 12:21

Need to get more a detailed explanation on how this would work in practice.

Presumably under these proposals a blue card would be a standalone punishment - so if followed by a yellow card would not automatically escalate to a red ?

Would two blue cards automatically escalate to a yellow, with a previous yellow resulting in a red ?

What if a blue card was awarded after a yellow ?

I used to be a volleyball referee - FIVB used a three card disciplinary system which escalated to more serious sanctions , the lowest was a recorded verbal warning, which sounds much like this blue card idea, though in general terms only.

Post Edited (Fri 09 Feb 12:22)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Fri 9 Feb 14:47

I would have thought it would be the same as a yellow in card count but with the additional sin bin time.

So one blue card followed by a further yellow means you are off, and the same if it`s a yellow followed by something that would warrant a blue.

I note they`ve specifically called out professional fouls so it could discourage players `taking one for the team`.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Feb 15:05

Don`t see that being the scenario.

Would be just as well making all first yellow cards result in sin bin time.

Needs precise clarification.

This explains further - https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13066894/ifab-set-to-introduce-blue-cards-for-football-sin-bins

Over complicating it seems.

Post Edited (Fri 09 Feb 15:11)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Fri 9 Feb 15:59

as mr spock in star trek would say its football jim but not as we know these idiots have ruined the game with v a r going to go on as long as cricket match way things are going glad dont have it in championship or other divisions

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Fri 9 Feb 17:10

Quote:

veteraneastender, Fri 9 Feb 15:05

Don`t see that being the scenario.

Would be just as well making all first yellow cards result in sin bin time.

Needs precise clarification.

This explains further - https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13066894/ifab-set-to-introduce-blue-cards-for-football-sin-bins

Over complicating it seems.

Obviously need to see what IFAB come out with but that article seems to say what I assumed about how it would be used.

Two blue cards would result in the player`s dismissal for the rest of the match, as would a blue and a yellow card.

I don`t think its use seems all that complicated but there will need to be a really clear definition of what is a blue vs a yellow. The lines there could be pretty blurry.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Fri 9 Feb 17:29

Back cards are preferred tonight.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Fri 9 Feb 18:39

I read that as bacon cards. I`ll take one.

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Fri 9 Feb 19:52

Horrendous idea .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Feb 21:59

Ffs,the card system we have is more than enough,We just need the officials to have the b___s to implement.
Also there needs a serious instruction to the prema Dona football Players to respect the rules .

If you disrespect the rules and jump in the face if the officials then you carry the risk of a red

Why I love watching rugby ,players respect the officials ,either right or wrong .

We have players in the top league in England earning 200,000 a WEEK thinking they are above the rules
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Fri 9 Feb 23:44

VAR, handball, 5 subs, mega injury time. And now this crap. When was the last time there was a rule introduced to actually improve the game. The passback rule revolutionised the sport, and even the changes to offside have transformed it for the better. But everything else seems to risk ruining the game over an issue nobody is complaining about.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 13:32

The more I think on this, the dafter the idea sounds.

A blue card would in effect be a yellow card with an additional secondary punishment - time off the park.

A player could get an "ordinary" yellow for clattering an opponent - wheras another could get blue for a more technical offence such as dissent.

Would a blue incur more disciplinary points than a yellow ?

Post Edited (Sat 10 Feb 13:33)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net