DAFC.net
Home 05 July 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Investors
Topic Originator: Paralytic77  
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 17:37

Investors or Imposters?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Investors
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 17:38

They along with cook have certainly went quiet

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 17:38

Well good business investors, but not very good at footballing decisions…..which doesnt help when the business your running is a football club!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsweep  
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 17:40

There`s something very wrong at our club . It would be good to hear from the German investors and the board about how they think their plans are going .

Bobvo
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 17:44

I thought they were here to keep the club ticking over. That’s the impression I got from the outset. Pars United couldn’t sustain the money they were constantly putting in so sought outside investors. I never thought they would be investing in the team ie signings etc just the club.
Maybe I’ve picked that up wrong. Apologies if that wasn’t the case.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 17:48

That`s my understanding Buffy. Suggestions that they took money out are just ridiculous and not even possible.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 18:00

Clearly they don’t have a pot to p*** in. We were screaming out for experienced players in the January window. Of course we are now obsessed with young players and bargain basement wages. Their actions have now put us right in it. That team right now is done, heading for the drop. The saddest part is we have the second best support in the league, but we definitely don’t have the team we deserve.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 18:08

The only alternative would be to have a new group of fans to invest in the club.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 18:10

Given they must be decent business men, it might be worth the investors thinking about punting Meggle? If he is `director of football` then he`s failing badly IMO. The style of play and transfer strategy is horrendous.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 18:11

Isn’t cook earning more than any single player?

Do I think they weighted up the costs of relegating versus the costs of a couple of experienced pro’s for 4 months? No.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toddyrov  
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 18:14

How we didn’t sign one experienced player at this level in jan is genuinely unforgivable, the Germans and mcpake have alot to answer for.

Effe
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 18:15

Quote:

Jeffery, Sat 10 Feb 18:10

Given they must be decent business men, it might be worth the investors thinking about punting Meggle? If he is `director of football` then he`s failing badly IMO. The style of play and transfer strategy is horrendous.

Meggles a director, hes not gonna sack himself from a cushty job, will just blame the manager and players!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 18:20

Are guys like Meggle taking a wage of us?

Will be interesting to see how much the likes of him invested as opposed to how much he’s since had back in salary.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 18:26

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 10 Feb 18:20

Are guys like Meggle taking a wage of us?

Will be interesting to see how much the likes of him invested as opposed to how much he’s since had back in salary.

Meggle might be a questionable one, as hes both a director and DoF.

Cook will be taking a wage.

Other directors would only see a significant return on investment if we made big profits, which is unlikely in this country.

They have clearly invested large sums of money into the infrastructure of the club, the issue lies in a poor football/recruitment model, which is clearly affecting us on the park.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 18:37

I agree; Meggle seems to be a problem—the crazy appointment of Grant, for starters. Even in Hughes` days, it was clear that Meggle played a prominent role in day-to-day team business.

It looks like he and Cook have tightly controlled the club`s transfer activity, which has been a disaster.

I may be mistaken, but I got the strong impression that Meggle didn`t bring money to the buyout but brought the "football expertise".

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 18:38

The problem is who else will come in an and invest?
Invest is probably the wrong word cause we all know you don`t make money in football.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 18:44

Are we going to have a supporters meeting soon I think not.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 18:49

Quote:

dover par, Sat 10 Feb 18:38

The problem is who else will come in an and invest?
Invest is probably the wrong word cause we all know you don`t make money in football.

Which means its the right word - they invest money in a risk. Its up to them to evaluate how much to invest depending on the risk level. They all know they are unlikely to see a return, but they are still putting money in.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 18:50

I would like to remind you all that is our investors did pull out we would not have a football club.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Beeches Par  
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 19:16

Quote:

Alter Ego, Sat 10 Feb 18:50

I would like to remind you all that is our investors did pull out we would not have a football club.

Rubbish. How long have we been going?
We had a club before they came along and will have a club when they pack their bags! Soon I hope.

David G McLean
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 19:47

Quote:

Beeches Par, Sat 10 Feb 19:16

Quote:

Alter Ego, Sat 10 Feb 18:50

Rubbish. How long have we been going?
We had a club before they came along and will have a club when they pack their bags! Soon I hope.

We would have a club, but we wouldnt be playing at East End and would be languishing alongside East Fife in League 2…
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 19:58

With our fan base? You really think so?? We must be very poorly run if we couldn’t cope without the German investors. It makes me wonder how other clubs manage with half the fan base who are comfortably finishing above us.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 20:01

Who`s going to buy them out? All the club`s problems seem simple to solve when you`re sitting at a keyboard.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 20:02

Quote:

RossF, Sat 10 Feb 19:58

With our fan base? You really think so?? We must be very poorly run if we couldn’t cope without the German investors. It makes me wonder how other clubs manage with half the fan base who are comfortably finishing above us.

Our fan base also comes with higher costs - bigger stadium, more security, higher maintenance etc. look at Falkirk - not exactly a small fan base and languishing in League One for years. We only got out of there in 2016 because of a win or bust policy in a part time league. These investors leave is there someone else willing to invest those sums to get us out of that league again?

Ps - did you miss the part where McArthur stated we NEEDED investment to move forward before they came in?

Post Edited (Sat 10 Feb 20:03)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 20:04

Honestly get rid of our investors and the club is gone and all the academy etc… unless anyone know a millionaire who would take the club over obviously for an inflated price to pay the investors off?
Some of you .net nutters are mental!

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 20:05

Just kill th club.

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 10 Feb 20:14

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sat 10 Feb 20:02

Quote:

RossF, Sat 10 Feb 19:58

Our fan base also comes with higher costs - bigger stadium, more security, higher maintenance etc. look at Falkirk - not exactly a small fan base and languishing in League One for years. We only got out of there in 2016 because of a win or bust policy in a part time league. These investors leave is there someone else willing to invest those sums to get us out of that league again?

Ps - did you miss the part where McArthur stated we NEEDED investment to move forward before they came in?

Post Edited (Sat 10 Feb 20:03)

I wouldn’t expect the investors to up and walk until someone else came in anyway but the fans always show up and help the club when needed. Believe or not, there would be interested parties if they were to walk away.

The point is, which many seem to think is that the German investors have brought nothing positive to the club. Before the facilities are mentioned, they are not yet complete. I don’t understand why we went ahead with this so quickly either when so many other important issues need to be addressed.

Also in response to you bringing up McArthur’s quote, HAVE we moved forward under them??? Absolutely not.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 03:59

Quote:

OzPar, Sat 10 Feb 18:37

I agree; Meggle seems to be a problem—the crazy appointment of Grant, for starters. Even in Hughes` days, it was clear that Meggle played a prominent role in day-to-day team business.

It looks like he and Cook have tightly controlled the club`s transfer activity, which has been a disaster.

I may be mistaken, but I got the strong impression that Meggle didn`t bring money to the buyout but brought the "football expertise".

Where does Meggles expertise from, the short stint he was a manager and got sacked?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 04:21

That is why I put it in inverted commas, Nick...

:)

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net