DAFC.net
Home 05 July 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Formation
Topic Originator: Parsdaft  
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 10:26

“I need to have a long hard look at myself along with Dave [Mackay] and get a formation and a group of players that can win us a game of football."

Strange thing for a manager to say who has direct control over the formation of the team? And the players to an extent.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Formation
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 10:31

The formation is absolutely honkin. I do think the players are capable of competing in this division though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 10:36

Both the formation and the effort/ability of the players are reasons here. At least he is taking some responsibility / accountability here and not just saying the players were not good enough in the match
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 10:36

He is waffling. This should have been done after last weekend`s Morton defeat, but nothing changed.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 10:40

The transfer window was not used to good effect, i think Holmes given a full game might be used to goo effect, but the Cardiff guys had Mcpake actually seen them play , we needed players that wouuld have slotted in to the formation and stabilised the squad not untried youngsters

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 11:00

It’s baffling how he would regularly change the formation mid game last season which enabled us to grind out wins, but this season he refuses to do that. Yesterdays like for like substitutions were ridiculous.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parallel Lines  
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 11:38

Hes obviously out of his depth.

I looked for my pet in all the books on animals and birds and then I found it in the Book of Revelations.Marty Feldman
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 11:52

Formation ? did we actually have one

G.B
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 12:31

If he changed things and we suddenly started getting to the bye line and getting balls into the box who’s going to put in these quality deliveries and who’s going to win the header to score?

Edwards and comrie couldn’t cross a road and McCann always behind his man with no game intelligence, positioning or anticipation.

Good luck mcpake, there’s not many formations available to play to the strengths of the dross you’ve saddled us with.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pacifist  
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 13:17

The formation is dire, has been for months. Everyone knows exactly how we play and organises accordingly.

When we go behind we have to put more guys forward - not replace forwards with worse forwards.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jaygee  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 16:18

Wasn`t so much the formation that baffled me but the tactics or game plan. The players were clearly told to sit off them until they got well over the half way line. Its bloody Queens Park we were playing, absolute disgrace.
We should have got right in about them & pressed them all over the park.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 17:29

Tbf, our midfield couldn`t press clothes.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 17:40

Easily the worst midfield in the Championship by far.

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 18:00

Calm down guys, 2 weeks ago there were folk on this forum that thought chalmers was pretty good, he just needed better players around him to allow him to do his stuff!

On a serious note, it’s not chalmers fault we didn’t sign any decent midfielders to compete and push him out the team.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net