DAFC.net
Home 05 July 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Dom Thomas
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 12:08

Amid all the post-match hysteria I think it`s interesting to look at the role Dom Thomas played in the match. He was pulling the strings for QP with his ability to find space, pass, dribble, cross and shoot. He`s exactly the kind of player who could bring the best out of our squad playing in that central role between the midfield and the front.

I remember Peter Grant attempting to play Thomas in a more central role at the start of his time as manager. I actually thought it wasn`t a bad idea as quite often he was isolated out on the wing and wasn`t involved in the game that much. Unfortunately it didn`t work in practice and Thomas himself didn`t seem to enjoy the role. Now he seems to relish the position and the opportunity it gives him to influence the game.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Dom Thomas
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 12:34

That will have been Dom’s easiest game all season. He could walk and still outpace our midfield. His experience and game intelligence is there as you say to find the pace and expose the other teams weaknesses.

He would have been ideal this year for us, someone to get the fans going and produce the bit of quality that wins games. I’m not sure we have that even with everyone fit.

He has become a leader in that team and instead of showing any petulance that he used to it’s been been the making of him.

From midfield he’s also scored 2 more league goals than any of our strikers.

Post Edited (Sun 11 Feb 12:50)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 13:52

I’d kill to have Thomas back at this point. Marvelous player. He has everything our midfield is lacking.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 17:02

let dom go let todarov go let O,hara go bad choice making

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 17:08

Thomas signed a pre-contract agreement with QP when we were fighting relegation and they were in the play-offs, donnie. It`s funny how Todorov`s and O`Hara`s reputations seem to have soared since they left the club!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 17:17

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 11 Feb 17:08

Thomas signed a pre-contract agreement with QP when we were fighting relegation and they were in the play-offs, donnie. It`s funny how Todorov`s and O`Hara`s reputations seem to have soared since they left the club!

He left because he was bring played out of place, by a pair of utter tools that we had as managers.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 17:22

O’hara banging them in this year and barely got a look in last year and when he did we didn’t have the quality to use him properly. Let mcpake off with it last season as he was stuck with these guys but the plonker then went and kept them!

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 17:26

Latterly Hughes hardly played him and, as I said in the opening post, Grant tried him in a central role similar to where he plays for QP. Didn`t he also miss a big part of the season as he needed an operation? We got him back to fitness then he signed a PCA with a rival.

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 17:35

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 11 Feb 17:26

Latterly Hughes hardly played him and, as I said in the opening post, Grant tried him in a central role similar to where he plays for QP. Didn`t he also miss a big part of the season as he needed an operation? We got him back to fitness then he signed a PCA with a rival.

He was clearly unhappy with the team that season. Don`t blame him for jumping ship at all
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 17:46

The club`s bigger than one player. It`s difficult to see how effectively disqualifying yourself from the play-offs is a professional way to behave. I don`t think the fans knew the situation at the time and Hughes got the flak for not playing him.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 18:39

He was a complete scumbag that downed tools and left us . Massively overrated and a coupon you’d never tire of leathering
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 18:55

O`Hara missed 2 absolute sitters in the play off v Queens Park. He had more than enough chances to shine for us under 4 managers.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 19:35

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Sun 11 Feb 18:39

He was a complete scumbag that downed tools and left us . Massively overrated and a coupon you’d never tire of leathering[/

there is no denying he is a talented footballer

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 20:20

Quote:

SergioDuarte, Sun 11 Feb 18:39

He was a complete scumbag that downed tools and left us . Massively overrated and a coupon you’d never tire of leathering

Absolute tears. We`ve been a worse team ever since he left. I blame no players for losing the plot playing under those 2 roasters
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 21:23

Da no. 1 how do we explain the fact he’s got a record of a goal every 2 games this season?

I always thought he had pace and played on the last defender but we never had the Midfield capable of the through balls he would thrive on, the more time he had the more likely he was to miss though.

So instead of getting better midfielders in the give the strikers the ammo we got rid of the strikers and kept the midfielders… and the formation.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 21:26

Quote:

Berkey, Sun 11 Feb 21:23

Da no. 1 how do we explain the fact he’s got a record of a goal every 2 games this season?

I always thought he had pace and played on the last defender but we never had the Midfield capable of the through balls he would thrive on, the more time he had the more likely he was to miss though.

So instead of getting better midfielders in the give the strikers the ammo we got rid of the strikers and kept the midfielders… and the formation.

Because hes playing at a lower level against part time teams? Maybe hes just found his level?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 21:29

Didn`t Wighton average more than a goal every two games in League 1 last season? He`s not good enough for the Championship apparently so how would O`Hara be?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 21:39

I`m done trying to reason with you Berkey. Carry on doing what you do as is your right but I won`t be replying to any of your posts from now on. Cheers

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Sun 11 Feb 21:56)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 22:32

Strolled the game tbh. Made our team look like a bunch of amateurs.
Our midfield of Allan and Chalmers were so of the pace and brutal tbh.. Both are never Championship level.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 87Par  
Date:   Sun 11 Feb 22:41

It doesn`t feel great when an old fan favourite scores against you. He left for whatever reason. But no one is telling me Dom Thomas likes playing for a team who have less fans in the stadium than Wetherspoons in Dunfermline. If he was that amazing for us. A bigger team than QP would have been right in there for his services. Shows up once every 2 months. Forget him.

Post Edited (Sun 11 Feb 22:45)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Toumba Libre  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 01:18

Quote:

87Par, Sun 11 Feb 22:41

It doesn`t feel great when an old fan favourite scores against you. He left for whatever reason. But no one is telling me Dom Thomas likes playing for a team who have less fans in the stadium than Wetherspoons in Dunfermline. If he was that amazing for us. A bigger team than QP would have been right in there for his services. Shows up once every 2 months. Forget him.

Says the Pars fan than sees him every two months 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 01:57

Quote:

Toumba Libre, Mon 12 Feb 01:18

Quote:

87Par, Sun 11 Feb 22:41

Says the Pars fan than sees him every two months 😂

That`s right. I didnt see him running the show at Hampden in September when we beat them 2 nil. As I said he`s a player that grabs headlines once a month. No loyalty to Dunfermline so what exactly am I due him? He ain`t all that.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 01:59

Quote:

He plays for QP. No hard.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 02:01

Quote:

87Par, Mon 12 Feb 01:59

Quote:

He’s better than what we have. “It’s no that hard”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 02:05

Quote:

Toumba Libre, Mon 12 Feb 02:01

Quote:

Quote:

So easy to say. Big game player😂 I`d put my hoose on not hearing about Thomas until April. If he`s all that even. He just ain`t that good.

Post Edited (Mon 12 Feb 02:11)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 02:14

Quote:

87Par, Mon 12 Feb 02:05

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So easy to say. Big game player😂 I`d put my hoose on not hearing about Thomas until April. If he`s all that even. He just ain`t that good.

He’s literally just rattled a volley from 25 yard but keep laughing 😭
Having a Big game player must be *****
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 02:17

He`s no all that. As i said..he`d be off to climes new pal. All about the dollar.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 02:26

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oh aye, we`re absolutely blessed with an iota of attacking talent currently, right enough...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 02:27

Wouldn`t have him back East End in a party parcel.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 02:34

Quote:

Andrew283, Mon 12 Feb 02:26

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oh aye, we`re absolutely blessed with an iota of attacking talent currently, right enough...

So let`s get desperate about it and try and get Dom Thomas back who ducked off and signed a pre season contract with his current team. Thanks for the memories. But nah. I`ll repeat. He`ll go nowhere.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 02:49

Quote:

87Par, Mon 12 Feb 02:34

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So let`s get desperate about it and try and get Dom Thomas back who ducked off and signed a pre season contract with his current team. Thanks for the memories. But nah. I`ll repeat. He`ll go nowhere.

Football fans that greet about this when they`d chuck their current job the moment a better offer came up 😂😂😂 And yes, Queens Park are at the level we are at just now, except they`re signing quality players and we are loaning 3rd grade kids
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 02:58

Quote:

Andrew283, Mon 12 Feb 02:49

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Football fans that greet about this when they`d chuck their current job the moment a better offer came up 😂😂😂 And yes, Queens Park are at the level we are at just now, except they`re signing quality players and we are loaning 3rd grade kids

I`ll stick ma neck out here and bet you were one of the fans when Thomas was our player that said he was ineffective? But cos he scored yesterday he`s the best thing since the proverbial
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 08:20

Quote:

87Par, Mon 12 Feb 02:58

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I`ll stick ma neck out here and bet you were one of the fans when Thomas was our player that said he was ineffective? But cos he scored yesterday he`s the best thing since the proverbial

The original quote in these posts was about Kevin O`Hara not DT

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 09:29

The Abbreviation to DT tells me all I need to know. Some interesting peeps on this forum
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 09:30

Quote:

sonofpetrie, Mon 12 Feb 08:20

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The original quote in these posts was about Kevin O`Hara not DT

Check the name of the thread
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 09:36

What an embarrassing thread this is 🤦🏻‍♂️ Thomas is an alright player, is tricky and we made him look good on Saturday due to being poor ourselves.

If he was really good, he wouldnt be languishing at the club 3rd bottom in the Champ, despite the wages he will be on.

He may move on in time, but nobody knows 🤷🏻‍♂️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 09:40

Quote:

Dave_1885, Mon 12 Feb 09:36

What an embarrassing thread this is 🤦🏻‍♂️ Thomas is an alright player, is tricky and we made him look good on Saturday due to being poor ourselves.

If he was really good, he wouldnt be languishing at the club 3rd bottom in the Champ, despite the wages he will be on.

He may move on in time, but nobody knows 🤷🏻‍♂️

My point entirely
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 12:46

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Your neck can return to normal then because I rarely said a bad word about Dom. It was the happy clapper sorts on here that turned on him when he clearly showed he was unhappy
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimDAFC  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 14:34

Nothing to do with DM but what was the name of the player for us that went on holiday to sunny parts and pretended to be injured and where is he now playing?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 14:41

Paul Watson

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 14:42

Quote:

JimDAFC, Mon 12 Feb 14:34

Nothing to do with DM but what was the name of the player for us that went on holiday to sunny parts and pretended to be injured and where is he now playing?

Paul Watson, Spartans (after being released by Falkirk in the summer).
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 14:44

Quote:

par-91, Mon 12 Feb 14:42

Quote:

As Play up Pompey about him 🤣

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 20:06

Quote:

Luxembourg Par, Mon 12 Feb 14:44

Quote:

par-91, Mon 12 Feb 14:42

Quote:

As Play up Pompey about him 🤣

Right PuP. I`m asking about Paul Watson. Is he a mate of yours?

Peter Grant was a disaster for us, but he was a bit unlucky with some of the players he brought in. Perhaps he didn`t carry out due diligence?
One thing the present management team can`t complain about is the make up of the current squad. While some of them may not be as outstanding as we fans would like them to be, they are all hardworking professionals who will never give the management the kind of problems Watson did.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 21:34

He moved on for his own reasons. So should we
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net