DAFC.net
Home 05 July 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Another one gone…
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 10:39

…because it doesn’t suit the agenda 😂 you couldn’t make it up!

Glad our club is being well run and in a great position, cheers to the men at the top 👍🏻
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Another one gone…
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 10:47

What you on aboot
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 10:47

???

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 10:56

Thread regarding David Cook speculation has magically disappeared…
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 10:59

Probably because it was filled with slavers? The only thing I`m disappointed in is that I`d just added a post to it and now it`s gone.

I`m not against people having an opinion, but spreading unsubstantiated nonsense isn`t helping anyone. Everyone needs someone to blame, I get that, but speculating around how someone operates or why someone chose to leave is daft. Raise these concerns with the club and come back when you have actual evidence of wrong-doing.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 11:04

Quote:

jake89, Mon 12 Feb 10:59

Probably because it was filled with slavers? The only thing I`m disappointed in is that I`d just added a post to it and now it`s gone.

I`m not against people having an opinion, but spreading unsubstantiated nonsense isn`t helping anyone. Everyone needs someone to blame, I get that, but speculating around how someone operates or why someone chose to leave is daft. Raise these concerns with the club and come back when you have actual evidence of wrong-doing.

All speculation is unsubstantiated until confirmed by the persons involved…..but doesnt mean it cant be conversed about. The media do it daily, its their jobs.

The speculation came from a post on another forum - Im assuming thats been removed as well?

Just because the opinion differs from yourself, why does that make it “daft”? Is it not the purpose of an open, public forum to allow debate and conversation based on opinions and speculations? 🤔
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 11:18

`Is it not the purpose of an open, public forum to allow debate and conversation based on opinions and speculations? 🤔`

Not if it`s potentially libellous. It`s not like folk sitting in the pub having a wee private chat.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 11:26

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 12 Feb 11:18

`Is it not the purpose of an open, public forum to allow debate and conversation based on opinions and speculations? 🤔`

Not if it`s potentially libellous. It`s not like folk sitting in the pub having a wee private chat.

Where was the libellous comment?
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 11:29

I said `potentially`. If they are based on speculation where is the evidence they are true?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 11:34

Quote:

Dave_1885, Mon 12 Feb 11:04

Quote:

jake89, Mon 12 Feb 10:59

All speculation is unsubstantiated until confirmed by the persons involved…..but doesnt mean it cant be conversed about. The media do it daily, its their jobs.

The speculation came from a post on another forum - Im assuming thats been removed as well?

Just because the opinion differs from yourself, why does that make it “daft”? Is it not the purpose of an open, public forum to allow debate and conversation based on opinions and speculations? 🤔

I didn`t say I disagreed, how can anyone agree/disagree with something they don`t know is true? I said spreading unsubstantiated rumours weren`t helpful, and I stand by that. If using the media as an example, you`ll likely find they are only supposed to report where they have evidence. All people on here and EEB have is "I heard a rumour". Rumours are easy to start. I heard Taylor Swift has traced her roots back to Dunfermline and is seeking permission to hold a concert in EEP with all profits going to erect a giant gold statue of herself outside the stadium.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 11:51

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 12 Feb 11:29

I said `potentially`. If they are based on speculation where is the evidence they are true?

The evidence may be with the original quoter on EEB - its being discussed on one forum, so why not on this one?

Every company CEO in the world is open to speculation and questions regarding their performance and character - our performance this year is poor and our CEO should be open to scrutiny. His character may be brought into question by previous employees - it may be true, it may be false, but if you dont discuss it then how will you ever know? Or do we just sweep it under the carpet and hope we improve?

Jake - lets all hope Taylor Swift does come and host a concert in EEP! Would give us more money to spend after we “wasted” the Nisbet money! 😂

But on a serious note - all transfer rumours/manager replacements etc are based on speculation and not fact/evidence until confirmed - why is this any different? Because the person running the site doesn’t like it?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 11:59

The thread in question threatened a person`s reputation with no foundation in fact. Would you be happy if someone put rumours about you on a public forum based on speculation?

What happens on another forum is not relevant to this forum. I actually looked at the other forum and couldn`t find the specific quotes which appeared on here.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 12:06

I didn`t say Taylor Swift would give us any money though and I heard the club is refusing to open Legends or Charlie D`s as there`s a prior booking for the space to be used for a giant domino rally.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 12:07

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 12 Feb 11:59

The thread in question threatened a person`s reputation with no foundation in fact. Would you be happy if someone put rumours about you on a public forum based on speculation?

What happens on another forum is not relevant to this forum. I actually looked at the other forum and couldn`t find the specific quotes which appeared on here.

Im not the CEO of a company thats underperforming and has people leaving it for other jobs…do you know the person who made the quote or the CEO personally and professionally?

Of course its relevant if one forum is allowing discussions to take place and another isn’t…
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 12:08

Quote:

jake89, Mon 12 Feb 12:06

I didn`t say Taylor Swift would give us any money though and I heard the club is refusing to open Legends or Charlie D`s as there`s a prior booking for the space to be used for a giant domino rally.

Surely we don’t allow her to use the ground without a 50/50 split? God help these Germans eh 🙄
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 12:20

`Im not the CEO of a company thats underperforming and has people leaving it for other jobs…do you know the person who made the quote or the CEO personally and professionally?

Of course its relevant if one forum is allowing discussions to take place and another isn’t…`

Regardless of who you are or what you do people should not be making unsubstantiated comments about your behaviour at work. Of course I don`t know the person making the quotes. That`s part of the problem - hiding behind anonymity on a public forum. I don`t know the CEO or how he carries out his duties.

As I understand it the forum owner is ultimately responsible for its content so I can`t imagine he is influenced by what happens on another forum.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 12:30

I don`t want to get into arguments ;o)

please keep the comments and chat constructive, not rude and abusive.
I`m sure you can do that :o)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 12:40

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 12 Feb 12:20

`Im not the CEO of a company thats underperforming and has people leaving it for other jobs…do you know the person who made the quote or the CEO personally and professionally?

Of course its relevant if one forum is allowing discussions to take place and another isn’t…`

Regardless of who you are or what you do people should not be making unsubstantiated comments about your behaviour at work. Of course I don`t know the person making the quotes. That`s part of the problem - hiding behind anonymity on a public forum. I don`t know the CEO or how he carries out his duties.

As I understand it the forum owner is ultimately responsible for its content so I can`t imagine he is influenced by what happens on another forum.

So if you don’t know either party, how can you claim they are unsubstantiated? Whats wrong with discussing the potential of them being accurate claims? Its not libellous to have a discussion over a persons conduct based on a claim from someone.

Part of the problem is people too happy to toe the party line rather than debate matters based on facts -

Greg Shields leaves randomly mid season to leave football all together.
Manager not backed properly in the transfer window (looking that way)
Teams on field performance has dropped significantly in the last 3 months

Not exactly all rosey is it?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 12:45

Shields got a better offer.
No evidence of lack of support.
True.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 12:51

I see you qualify your second `fact` with `looking that way`! And I don`t see why the other two, being football matters, would necessarily have anything to do with the CEO. I thought the last one had something to do with our injury list.

I`ve said my piece on this.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 12:54

Guys, nobody sets out to do a bad job. It is not human nature. Mistakes, no doubt have been made, but the CEO makes strategic decisions for the club. The manager works in the paradigms set by that strategy. Whatever that strategic approach is (and I think that has been made clear previously), he is the guy who must execute. He agreed to them after all.if I were to set a strategy and everyone agrees to it, for it subsequently to go wrong, I then need to decide if the strategy was correct or not or if the people executing were the people they believed they were.
I have no doubt people are working frantically to solve this situation.
Things are bad but now is the time to focus on what can be fixed going forward, otherwise we will be relegated.
I don’t wish to go back to a stage where the club is in peril.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 12:56

Quote:

jake89, Mon 12 Feb 12:45

True.

An offer that made him give up a job in a profession he has worked in for 30 years? Must have been some offer 😂

Jake, come on, there is evidence if all we signed was 3 youth loanees…thats not being back in a transfer window.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 14:22

Quote:

Dave_1885, Mon 12 Feb 12:56

Quote:

True.

An offer that made him give up a job in a profession he has worked in for 30 years? Must have been some offer 😂

Jake, come on, there is evidence if all we signed was 3 youth loanees…thats not being back in a transfer window.

"evidence" is the key word in Jake`s reply. There`s no actual evidence. You (and others) are making an interpretation of what`s happened. Doesn`t make it true... or false for that matter, but it`s not evidence, it`s conjecture.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 14:39

CEO is only answerable to its shareholders not some public forum.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 14:52

Quote:

fcda, Mon 12 Feb 14:22

Quote:

Quote:

True.

"evidence" is the key word in Jake`s reply. There`s no actual evidence. You (and others) are making an interpretation of what`s happened. Doesn`t make it true... or false for that matter, but it`s not evidence, it`s conjecture.

Im not saying it makes it true or false, as I neither know the rumour maker or the CEO - whats frustrating is not being allowed to discuss it because some people take offence to it - nothing libellous was stated in the post - someone posting an unconfirmed claim that the CEO is unpleasant to deal with should be allowed to be discussed to get to the facts of the claim.

A CEO is obviously answerable to the people that pay his wages…which in our case is also the fans. To also claim that people cant discuss a CEOs performance because they are not shareholders is quite frankly ludicrous…if that was the case then nobody could ever moan about BP/Shell/Amazon/M

Post Edited (Mon 12 Feb 14:58)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 15:50

Problem is any idiot can start a rumour. We`ve had all manner of nonsense on this forum of late. My favourite was that the German investors had made off with cash, which isn`t possible and would be illegal if they had done so without consulting the shareholders. People just like a drama and to make stories up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 16:15

Drama ?
On here ?
I`ve never seen the like ....
Oh hang on ....😉

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 17:31

Quote:

Dave_1885, Mon 12 Feb 14:52

Quote:

Quote:

Im not saying it makes it true or false...

You suggested something was evidence. I explained that it wasn`t.

Quote:

A CEO is obviously answerable to the people that pay his wages…which in our case is also the fans.

Only in the case of fans who are shareholders, which is a minority of fans. Of course, shareholders may listen to public opinion (the fans in our case), and it makes sense for the CEO to also listen, but ultimately, if the majority shareholding is happy, that`s what will matter to the CEO.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 18:17

Quote:

Dave_1885, Mon 12 Feb 10:56

Thread regarding David Cook speculation has magically disappeared…

I`ve just looked at the allegations. It`s unsubstantiated rumour and also contains abusive language. Justifiable criticism is fair enough. Abuse of any individual is unacceptable, so the decision to delete the thread is correct.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NW 1966  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 19:12

Few posters referencing the East End Bounce forum regarding the CEO being given a less than glowing report reading through the posts here. Tbh I use the EEB a fair bit and I`m a bit confused as to what thread it`s meant to be on over there.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 19:20

It was posted on EEB in their “Transfer Window” thread but it’s now been deleted.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”

Post Edited (Tue 13 Feb 03:06)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 19:45

Okay Buffy, thanks.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 19:48

I think it was deleted from EEB before it was deleted here as I couldn`t find it there when the quotes were still on the thread here.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 20:07

Oh well, a lot of hot air about nothing then.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 20:22

I honestly get get a bit disappointed with this site as anyone can blame the manager,players, pick on individual players BUT as soon as I asked could there be a problem higher up then everything gets deleted? So you can call the management/team whatever on here but can’t ask questions about people running the club? I only said what I thought like a lot of people say this player is rubbish but I sometimes don’t agree with them…could a player management come on here now and ask threads to be deleted?? Serious question?
I mean the McPake in our out thread has surely got to be deleted or is that ok most wanting him gone and having a go at his management skills?

Post Edited (Mon 12 Feb 20:28)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 20:48

Quote:

fcda, Mon 12 Feb 17:31

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Im not saying it makes it true or false...

You suggested something was evidence. I explained that it wasn`t.

Quote:

A CEO is obviously answerable to the people that pay his wages…which in our case is also the fans.

Only in the case of fans who are shareholders, which is a minority of fans. Of course, shareholders may listen to public opinion (the fans in our case), and it makes sense for the CEO to also listen, but ultimately, if the majority shareholding is happy, that`s what will matter to the CEO.

If the shareholders are happy with our current situation then Im extremely worried about where we are heading……
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlfonzoBonzo  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 21:15

Wait. Taylor Swift is playing East End?

Show us yer....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 21:32

I think the only fact that I am concerned about is our league position. I am sure those connected with the club are working to address that. I`m sure there are a variety of factors why players have elected not to come to the club. They are personal decisions and outside of the clubs control.all they can focus on is what they can control. From the recent statement by JM, there is a recognition we need a couple of experienced players in there to help the younger less experienced players. I am sure the young players we have brought in during the January window will adapt but just need a little time. It's difficult for anyone to come into a team that is struggling, never mind younger players who haven`t played first team football in a different country with a different style.

Post Edited (Mon 12 Feb 21:33)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net