DAFC.net
Home 05 July 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Chris kane
Topic Originator: 2004Par  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 11:13

Pars battling it out with Queen’s Park for his loan signing according to the courier. Question is will he want to choose a team 2nd bottom of the league ?.

Post Edited (Mon 12 Feb 11:13)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Chris kane
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 11:14

Calum Davidson v Dave Mackay?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 11:18

Quote:

2004Par, Mon 12 Feb 11:13

Pars battling it out with Queen’s Park for his loan signing according to the courier. Question is will he want to choose a team 2nd bottom of the league ?.

Will join QP after Saturday
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 2004Par  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 11:19

Agreed

Post Edited (Mon 12 Feb 11:19)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 11:28

Won`t he be tempted to go to the club where he reckons he`ll get most game time? He won`t be attached to either club at the end of the season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 11:50

Another striker that can’t score goals!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 12:02

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 12 Feb 11:28

Won`t he be tempted to go to the club where he reckons he`ll get most game time? He won`t be attached to either club at the end of the season.

Will get more game time for them - we have 5 strikers on the books currently
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 12:08

Some would argue we haven`t got any! I reckon he`d be a guaranteed starter on Saturday if available.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 12:16

We’ve not had a good head to head record battling against clubs for players so far this season. Hopefully we can finally win one but my worry is Callum Davidson has worked closely with Kane in the recent past, which gives them the advantage.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 12:32

Quote:

Dave_1885, Mon 12 Feb 12:02

Quote:

Wighton, Jakubiak, McCann. Thats 3 senior strikers, 2 of which are injured and the other is at his best when not playing as a striker.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 12:34

This won’t happen, just waiting for the excuses from Mcpake when nobody comes in this week.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 12:50

Quote:

par-91, Mon 12 Feb 12:32

Quote:

Dave_1885, Mon 12 Feb 12:02

Quote:

Wighton, Jakubiak, McCann. Thats 3 senior strikers, 2 of which are injured and the other is at his best when not playing as a striker.

Holmes, Sutherland and you could even add in MOH as another….Jakubiak is supposedly due back this week.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 13:00

They are all mince.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 13:01

Quote:

hudza, Mon 12 Feb 13:00

They are all mince.

Doesn’t matter if they are mince 😂 they are all on the payroll till summer now…
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 13:06

Quote:

Dave_1885, Mon 12 Feb 12:50

Holmes, Sutherland and you could even add in MOH as another….Jakubiak is supposedly due back this week.

Forgot about Holmes to be fair. Sutherland’s not a senior player though and O’Halloran definitely isn’t a striker.

Have to admit though, I don’t see the logic behind bringing in a striker at the deadline, not playing him, then targeting another striker. What’s that line we keep hearing? Something about how we won’t be bringing in players for the sake of it, they have to be good enough to add something to the team. The fact the manager isn’t giving Holmes a chance and is already looking for someone else seems to disprove that one.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 13:07

I hear the person negotiating is really pulling out all the stops to entice Chris Kane to come... we`re going to pay 50% of his bus fare from Perth AND offer him the fantastic opportunity of also being the physio while he`s here.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 13:17

Quote:

par-91, Mon 12 Feb 13:06

Quote:

Dave_1885, Mon 12 Feb 12:50

Forgot about Holmes to be fair. Sutherland’s not a senior player though and O’Halloran definitely isn’t a striker.

Have to admit though, I don’t see the logic behind bringing in a striker at the deadline, not playing him, then targeting another striker. What’s that line we keep hearing? Something about how we won’t be bringing in players for the sake of it, they have to be good enough to add something to the team. The fact the manager isn’t giving Holmes a chance and is already looking for someone else seems to disprove that one.

Sutherland may only be 17 but is clearly highly thought of to bring back from Bonnyrigg mid season. But I agree the Holmes one is strange if he isnt going to be starting.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Level par  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 13:27

Forget Chris Kane…….Harry Kane wouldn’t score 10 goals for us this season.

It’s irrelevant how good a striker we bring in. We simply aren’t creating any chances. Change of formation and more aggressive style of play required and maybe we might start to see a goal or two.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 13:46

Quote:

Level par, Mon 12 Feb 13:27

It’s irrelevant how good a striker we bring in. We simply aren’t creating any chances. Change of formation and more aggressive style of play required and maybe we might start to see a goal or two.

I agree with this, Arbroath at home especially in the second have was an example of aggressive play and players playing in dangerous areas. That night Wighton score 2 and missed probably 3 other good chances.

But that type of attacking play and aggression is few and far between especially at home.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 13:52

Quote:

LEGEND85, Mon 12 Feb 13:46

Quote:

I agree with this, Arbroath at home especially in the second have was an example of aggressive play and players playing in dangerous areas. That night Wighton score 2 and missed probably 3 other good chances.

But that type of attacking play and aggression is few and far between especially at home.

Arbroath at home was a farce they never turned up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 13:56

Quote:

weemike, Mon 12 Feb 13:52

Quote:

LEGEND85, Mon 12 Feb 13:46

Quote:

Arbroath at home was a farce they never turned up.

Just like we never turned up the last 2 home games. Hoping it`s not 3 in a row

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 16:12

Arbroath away was a very hard game for us. Thankfully they decided to have a boxing match. We then managed to get a late equaliser. Let us hope they decide to box each other throughout the game.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jaygee  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 16:23

I mean Chris Kane !!!!!!
Firstly he`s injury prone, just what we need at the mo & secondly he`s being punted from a poor st. johnstone team because he cant score, also just what we need at the mo.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 16:36

I think the theory is that a striker who is used to playing in the Premiership may find it easier to score in the Championship. Presumably QP feel the same way about him. Is any team likely to release a prolific goalscorer in this window?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 16:55

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 12 Feb 16:36

I think the theory is that a striker who is used to playing in the Premiership may find it easier to score in the Championship. Presumably QP feel the same way about him. Is any team likely to release a prolific goalscorer in this window?

If we had one we probably would

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 17:35

Quote:

I disagree. Harry Kane would definitely score at least 10 goals for us. He is a hard worker, he wouldn`t be shy in dropping back to get the ball and driving forward to create his own chances. I think you are wrong with your assertion
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 17:46

I’ll take Chris Kane, got to be better than what we have although makes the young loan holmes and Sutherland pointless staying for the next 4 months.

All about the formation tho or it’s all for nothing and unless we get a central midfielder in who can actually play football.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 18:17

I`d imagine the thinking is that he`ll hold the ball up better than anyone we have right now. Not coming in for his individual goal scoring prowess.

The year Arbroath were very nearly promoted it wasn`t Joel Nouble`s goals that were outstanding, it was his ability to keep a hold of the ball long enough to allow everyone else to get up the pitch.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 18:37

Apart from when he scored a very impressive hat trick at Eep!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Glenrothes Par  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 20:24

heard he`s signing for Queens Park

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swifty  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 21:47

It looks like the possibility of two experienced SPL players coming in on loan is not going to happen. Why we cannot attract players to our club is very concerning. All sorts of rumours floating around regarding Board disharmony and club finances. We’ve definitely been very unlucky with injuries to key players all season. I have no doubt we would have been comfortable in the top half of the table if these key players had been fit. I sit in the Centre Stand just behind the Directors’ Box and it is worrying to report that lately we rarely have had no more than 2 Directors in attendance at our games! Has there been a difference of opinion about the direction of the club or transfer strategy? We desperately need a midfielder who can tackle/win the ball. But it looks very much like we are going to be knocked back by possible loanees again. I hope I’m proved wrong and we get back to winning ways on Saturday.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 21:54

Swiftly, watch what you say on here about the board etc as posts will be deleted..

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swifty  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 22:00

Purely factual Board member attendance has been very sporadic of late!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Mon 12 Feb 22:25

If Kane was almost signed in time for last Saturday, would have expected it to go through today, unless of course there is a problem or another offer, e.g. Queens Park.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 07:40

He will want to go where he’s more likely to score goals. Queen’s Park create more chances than us. Also playing up front with Paton is probably more appealing than playing with Wighton/jak/mccann.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 07:51

Mcpake lobes talking about players he nearly signed. Last summer it was players on loan and a few weeks ago it was Brophy. He just says it to make himself look better.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 09:52

Quote:

nick_dafc1, Tue 13 Feb 07:51

Mcpake lobes talking about players he nearly signed. Last summer it was players on loan and a few weeks ago it was Brophy. He just says it to make himself look better.

Probably because of all the dribblers on here who think lack of signings is because we`re not looking at anyone. Damned if he does say something, damned if he doesn`t. Just like the Pars, he can`t win.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 10:02

I wonder if potential signings have a look at fans` forums before coming to a decision?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 10:07

If they do, they will run a mile! I hope Joe Chalmers doesn’t look here. His MH will take a hit. I hate this forum most of the time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 10:14

If anyone is going to sign for the pars and be put off by a handful of people on a forum then that`s not the sort of player you want I reckon.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 10:16

I’m sure not many players were put off signing for St Mirren when they were rock bottom of the league and miraculously stayed up. The atmosphere there was toxic at the time and look at them now!

Post Edited (Tue 13 Feb 10:17)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 10:22

I was expecting at least one response like that, LEGEND85. I don`t think it would be a matter of being put off but a look at the forum might give a player some idea about the atmosphere at the club. He might think that `handful` was representative of the whole support. I`m sure there will be more significant factors in his decision though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 10:23

Quote:

LEGEND85, Tue 13 Feb 10:14

If anyone is going to sign for the pars and be put off by a handful of people on a forum then that`s not the sort of player you want I reckon.

You don’t want a human being at the club because they have a negative emotional reaction to being ridiculed online? Bolt. Makes a mockery of MH matters.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 10:59

Maybe not the forums, but they will certainly look at the fan base in general - would you move to an employer who instantly heckles you after a small mistake? I certainly wouldnt.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 11:09

Quote:

Dave_1885, Tue 13 Feb 10:59

Maybe not the forums, but they will certainly look at the fan base in general - would you move to an employer who instantly heckles you after a small mistake? I certainly wouldnt.

It happens at every football club in the land.....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 11:19

Every club has fans that praise good performance and are negative when the club is performing well below its expectations. We aren’t unique. It’s very much the norm. This idea that pars fans are more negative when we are performing poorly is really just 70iq stuff. A glance at other teams in similar circumstance forums now and again would quickly dispel them of this notion.

We have the tenth largest support in the country and we are staring down the barrel of dropping to the third tier (again). I’d be far more concerned if we weren’t losing our minds over this because the club clearly has big problems.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc111  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 11:31

Signed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 11:34

Amazing what the in the know people on here come away with,
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 11:37

The sheer fact that we`ve pulled that one off despite competition will surely lift the gloom a wee bit.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 11:41

I think it’s a good signing, looked good when he played at QOS against us. Should be an upgrade on boys like Wighton.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 11:49

Welcome to the club Chris, hopefully you settle in well and become a favourite of the fans.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 12:00

As with all new signings welcome to the club Chris! COYP!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 12:09

"Should be an upgrade on boys like Wighton"

maybe Wighton is going to be out for a while and thats why they wanted another striker?

anyway good luck to Chris.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 12:12

We now seem to have reached the stage where there`s more reaction on here to non-signings than there is to actual signings!

Welcome to the club, Chris!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 12:17

Now this is a massive signing he will score for fun in this league
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 12:18

Good signing, for me it’s 3rd in the positions we need better in, hopefully this means there’s a defender and centre midfielder to come

Post Edited (Tue 13 Feb 15:52)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 12:19

"God signing"

I know I said I wasn`t going to comment on your posts but you`ve taken that a bit far....................

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 12:25

Experienced player that can hold the ball in and bring players into the game. Happy enough with this.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 12:29

Berkey hails divine intervention - the sort of signing he`s been advocating for years!😊😊😊

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 12:32

Glad we’ve managed to get this done rather than him going to Queens, lets hope he hits the ground running on Sat 👍🏻
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 12:35

Brilliant stuff

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 12:38

Surely this helps give th team a lift? Some lads coming in that will bring the level up?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 12:40

Fantastic signing - a hard worker who was prolific in his last spell in the championship. Hopefully this continues!

Fingers crossed we can bring in another defender and midfielder as well to help prevent us leaking cheap goals

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: broontroot  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 12:52

Just spoke to a workmate who`s a saints fan , he rates him and said he would rather he had stayed at the saints
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 12:55

Good signing IMO , hopefully he will get the service from our midfield to put him in a position to score goals !
Maybe for those that thought we weren`t trying or had no money to bring someone in will calm down a wee bit noo, still looking to get another one in the door yet also and ASAP please

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 13:20

Team has zero confidence at present.......Someone who can put the ball in the net can change all that in an instant.

Good luck Mr Kane

“.........it ain’t over till the Pars score!”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 13:29

"Now this is a massive signing he will score for fun in this league"

define "for fun"

24 in 180 with st johnstone suggests he is more an all round striker rather than an in the box poacher

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 13:30

I`m calling it now,

He hits the ground running, saves our season, keeps mcpake in the job. Signs permanent in the summer.
Is total **** next season and we all have a meltdown this time next year!

Hope I`m wrong about the last bits. Lol
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 13:41

Only thing that worries me is that he has been plagued by injuries for the last 2 years. Hopefully he will stay clear of any more with us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Citizen Par  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 13:43

Hope he hits the ground running but he`ll only provide the goals if he gets the service and that`s the problem at the moment. No decent service into the forward areas. If we can get that right I`m sure he`ll be an asset to us and maybe just save our season which is going down the pan fast.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 13:56

It`s a good signing, but I`m not convinced he will get the service. Our midfield (currently) is absolutely powderpuff and devoid of any ideas. Until Otoo and Hamilton can move forward, that is.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 14:05

i`m sure everyone at the club will get a real boost from Kane joining the Pars. Factor in that 2 or 3 players who weren`t available last Saturday are in line for a return this week and I think we`ll see a far better performance (and hopefully result) than we have in the last 2 home games.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 14:23

Hope you`re right GG, because Saturday is a must win!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 14:38

Quote:

GG Riva, Tue 13 Feb 14:05

i`m sure everyone at the club will get a real boost from Kane joining the Pars. Factor in that 2 or 3 players who weren`t available last Saturday are in line for a return this week and I think we`ll see a far better performance (and hopefully result) than we have in the last 2 home games.

I thought it was only Jak that would be available on Saturday from those injured.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 15:31

While I welcome the signing, it will bewilder me why we still haven’t recognised that we are crying out for a centre midfielder

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 15:36

Actually i can see him linking up well with Jakubiak .

G.B
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 16:03

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Tue 13 Feb 14:38

Quote:

GG Riva, Tue 13 Feb 14:05

I thought it was only Jak that would be available on Saturday from those injured.

My real name is neither James nor David, but we should find out on Thursday when the manager gives his pre match interview. To clarify, I don`t expect that every player returning from injury will start. Say there are 3, we might have 2 starting and 1 on the bench, or vice versa. Even if there`s 1 starting, along with Chris Kane, and 1 on the bench, it will be a great boost to those players who have suffered so much in our last 2 games.

I don`t want to tempt fate, but if I had to pick an opponent to get our season back on track, I`d pick Arbroath at home.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 16:09

I`d hope so given they`re bottom and injury riddled too. It wouldn`t be Rovers anyway

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 16:28

Re injured players - Jakubiak (02/02), Tod (03/02), Breen (06/02) and Todd (10/02) were all expected to be back by now. Comrie wasn`t due back until 16/02 so he was ahead of schedule. The estimates were obviously subject to individual progress. Last week the manager hinted that Jakubiak and Todd were maybe closest to being ready for competitive matches.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 16:44

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 13 Feb 16:28

Re injured players - Jakubiak (02/02), Tod (03/02), Breen (06/02) and Todd (10/02) were all expected to be back by now. Comrie wasn`t due back until 16/02 so he was ahead of schedule. The estimates were obviously subject to individual progress. Last week the manager hinted that Jakubiak and Todd were maybe closest to being ready for competitive matches.

Hopefully we could get them some game time in the reserves beforehand? Or bounce game?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 16:54

Arbroath might be thinking - I don`t want to tempt fate, but if I had to pick an opponent to get our season back on track, I`d pick Dunfermline away!

We’re usually very obliging to teams and strikers who haven’t won or scored for some time!

Really could do with Todd back, even if he’s half fit I’d have him in that midfield.

Back to being drenched in my own negativity….

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 17:04

Comrie tore his calf muscle back in January in the away game against Queen’s Park but made an early return from injury in a desperate attempt to help the team. However, after playing the full 90 minutes on Saturday, the 27 year old said:-

“It has been horrible. I was probably meant to be out for another two weeks but I was just desperate to try and come back and help the boys. I feel pretty sore, I have not done much over the last five weeks so it has been a wee bit zero to 100.”

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 18:03

It’s a positive signing for sure but unless we can address the midfield and play more attacking football with more deliveries then I’m not likely to see much different.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 18:36

We could address the midfield by adding a defender which would allow our fit midfielders to play in their proper positions

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 18:40

Welcome aboard Chris, hope you have a great time being a Pars player.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 18:42

Fingers crossed we get a quick goal on Saturday to settle the nerves and take a bit pressure off our players. onwards and up hopefully.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 19:44

The number of disappointed St Johnstone fans on their FB post about the move can only be a good sign.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 20:13

This is a good signing. Wee pest in the James Grady or Declan McManus mould but with more quality so should get the fans on side at least and hopefully spur on some of his team mates.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."

Post Edited (Tue 13 Feb 20:14)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 20:14

Saints fans elsewhere really talking the lad up. Can only be a good sign for us.

3 0 hat trick debut incoming.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 20:23

Surely somethings gonna go our way , St J fans not happy he,s gone saying it should have been May , can only be to our benefit hopefully COYP

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JimDAFC  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 20:27

Welcome aboard Chris please be very careful on Saturday as with our luck you may well pick up an injury to keep you out for a few weeks especially against a very physical team like Arbroath but I know you can`t play that way.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 20:47

Quote:

da_no_1, Tue 13 Feb 18:36

We could address the midfield by adding a defender which would allow our fit midfielders to play in their proper positions

We’ll need to do something, Queens Park I recall two efforts on goal all game and those were speculative.

We need to start playing like we’re a team at home, forcing the pace, winning balls, going on the offence and firing balls into the box at every opportunity.

We’re in a bit of a mess but genuinely don’t think it should be a difficult problem to resolve, we’re not facing world beaters every week so get a bit of confidence back and playing positive football should do us well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cfad  
Date:   Tue 13 Feb 22:15

Could well be a good signing, although we need to get him service from our existing midfield
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Feb 06:23

Quote:

Berkey, Tue 13 Feb 16:54

Arbroath might be thinking - I don`t want to tempt fate, but if I had to pick an opponent to get our season back on track, I`d pick Dunfermline away!

We’re usually very obliging to teams and strikers who haven’t won or scored for some time!

Really could do with Todd back, even if he’s half fit I’d have him in that midfield.

😀😀😀 You just can`t help yourself, Berkey, can you? 🤔

Really can`t agree with the last sentence of your post, although I doubt you`re being completely serious. While I agree that Matty Todd is a very important player for us, the last thing we need is for him to come back before he`s fully fit and for him to receive a further setback. There may be an element of that in our injury crisis this season. I read a post where Aaron Comrie said he came back 2 weeks earlier than expected last weekend, "to help out the boys," and was feeling shattered afterwards. While this illustrates the strong bond among the squad, it could have proved to be counterproductive. Hopefully, another week`s training will see him fit enough for selection on Saturday. 🤞

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Feb 08:28

Quote:

Where on earth have these dates come from? Not being funny, but no medical professional or coach would ever put a return date out there until the player is about to return, as everyone is different. This looks like you’ve taken injury news far too literally at some point. Every single estimate is exactly what the word ‘estimate’ suggests. It’s a guess. At the first diagnosis an estimate of time on the sidelines means very little, as everyone recovers at different rates and responds differently to treatment. The guys that have had multiple injuries already, we will clearly need to be more cautious with as well.

For the record, if someone’s out for ‘at least four weeks’ then that’s the best case scenario and absolutely not saying ‘they should be back in four weeks’. Don’t set unrealistic expectations like that. Let the guys take as long as they need, to recover properly and be able to return to full fitness.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Feb 08:45

He was just quoting dates from interviews on COWS. Calm doon min

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Feb 08:52

The dates were on a list that was issued a few weeks ago. I didn`t just make them up. I doubt anyone thought they were set in stone but were just a guide to give some indication of where we stood.

Getting back to Chris Kane I see he says the important thing was to play games and get himself fit. He was obviously impressed by what McPake and Mackay had to say and there was no mention of any competition for his signature.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Feb 09:40

Quote:

par-91, Wed 14 Feb 08:28

Quote:

Where on earth have these dates come from? Not being funny, but no medical professional or coach would ever put a return date out there until the player is about to return, as everyone is different. This looks like you’ve taken injury news far too literally at some point. Every single estimate is exactly what the word ‘estimate’ suggests. It’s a guess. At the first diagnosis an estimate of time on the sidelines means very little, as everyone recovers at different rates and responds differently to treatment. The guys that have had multiple injuries already, we will clearly need to be more cautious with as well.

For the record, if someone’s out for ‘at least four weeks’ then that’s the best case scenario and absolutely not saying ‘they should be back in four weeks’. Don’t set unrealistic expectations like that. Let the guys take as long as they need, to recover properly and be able to return to full fitness.

Talk about a morning meltdown 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Wed 14 Feb 09:51

St Johnstone fans fairly upset at him
Leaving their club despite his lack of goals, seems to play for the jersey and holds the ball up well.

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Feb 09:59

He`s been on 6-month contracts I think so his future with them wasn`t secure and doesn`t seem to have changed since Craig Levein came in.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 14 Feb 10:41

"Getting back to Chris Kane I see he says the important thing was to play games and get himself fit."

hope our fans take heed to that and don`t chastism him in the warm up on saturday as he`s clearly going to be rusty.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Feb 10:55

Re-reading his interview I see he said `keep myself fit` rather than `get myself fit` so he maybe he`s not too far away from match fitness.

I wonder when he became available. If we`d managed to sign Zak Rudden a few weeks ago we wouldn`t have been interested in Chris who has more experience and has mainly played in the Premiership. Time will tell but it may be a case of `every cloud has a silver lining`.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Wed 14 Feb 11:40

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 14 Feb 10:55

Re-reading his interview I see he said `keep myself fit` rather than `get myself fit` so he maybe he`s not too far away from match fitness.

I wonder when he became available. If we`d managed to sign Zak Rudden a few weeks ago we wouldn`t have been interested in Chris who has more experience and has mainly played in the Premiership. Time will tell but it may be a case of `every cloud has a silver lining`.

Saints brought forwards in last month. He was 4th or 5th choice now.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net