DAFC.net
Home 01 October 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Still here
Topic Originator: dafc123  
Date:   Mon 19 Feb 13:24

I`m astonished that McPake is still our manager. I genuinely don`t think he has done ANYTHING in his tenure that warrants him still being in a job. We are regressing week-on-week. Negative, defensive football but still getting 5-0 and 3-0 at home. We are a shambles right now. McPake clearly has no idea about transfers either as the majority of ours have been duds! Get rid of him now and salvage this season

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Still here
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 19 Feb 13:42

Don`t think he`s in any danger. No shoogly peg here.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Feb 14:00

Says it all about the owners IMHO (In My Honest Opinion). The owners are non-existent these days, no updates in ages, and fans dwindling at EEP. Just look at the Rovers ownership...STARK (No pun intended. Staks is where Raith play HA) contrasts between us. smh (Shake my hand)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Mon 19 Feb 14:03

I`m 100% supportive of McPake right. Got us out of the second tier at the first time of asking - ahead of a Falkirk side who were investing heavily.

Still in with a fighting chance of a decent finish in the higher league, with a squad that`s been absolutely decimated by injuries.

My own view is that the bad form we`re seeing now is the cumulative effect of all the injuries; players are tired, more injury prone, replacements taking time to bed in etc, team less cohesive. I`m not sure any manager would be able to cope with that...

Pep struggles to get Man City playing without Rodri (check their stats when he doesn`t play) and Arsenal fell apart last season when Saliba got injured.

Arteta and Guardiola - two of the highest rated managers in the game - struggle to get results when ONE key player is out...and yet we expect McPake to maintain the same level of performance when he`s missing half of his first choice XI.

Utter Madness.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Feb 14:07

Even when missing half the first XI do you find it acceptable to be skudded 5-0 by Morton then 3-0 by QP? then to draw against Arbroath....all at home. If effort is all we`re going by then we`re in for a rude awakening when we get relegated.

McPake got us out of L1. That`s not an achievement.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 19 Feb 14:17

Quote:

dafc123, Mon 19 Feb 14:07

Even when missing half the first XI do you find it acceptable to be skudded 5-0 by Morton then 3-0 by QP? then to draw against Arbroath....all at home. If effort is all we`re going by then we`re in for a rude awakening when we get relegated.

It is an achievement. And no-one finds those results acceptable.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Feb 14:28

da_no_1 wrote:

>
Quote:

>
> Even when missing half the first XI do you find it acceptable
> to be skudded 5-0 by Morton then 3-0 by QP? then to draw
> against Arbroath....all at home. If effort is all we`re going
> by then we`re in for a rude awakening when we get relegated.
>
> McPake got us out of L1. That`s not an achievement.

>
> It is an achievement. And no-one finds those results
> acceptable.
>
>

Jesus

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Feb 14:44

Acceptable - No.

Understandable and Explainable - Yes.

There`s a difference.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Football_Par  
Date:   Mon 19 Feb 14:57

I dont think its anywhere near that stage yet

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bletchley_Par  
Date:   Mon 19 Feb 15:06

We`ve had managers sacked for less.

I`d still have him ahead of the last two incumbents.

Hope the board hold the line and give him a bit longer.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 19 Feb 15:11

Quote:

Yes it is.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Mon 19 Feb 15:15

I think the board has to weigh up the cost in sacking him and potentially his staff and bringing in replacements up against the cost of getting relegated into league 1 without falkirk.

The problem we have is I think some of these guys are in above their head when it comes to ability. That will be the case whoever is the manager

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Mon 19 Feb 15:17

Quote:

Bletchley_Par, Mon 19 Feb 15:06

We`ve had managers sacked for less.

I`d still have him ahead of the last two incumbents.

Hope the board hold the line and give him a bit longer.

I`d have half the posters on here before those two, which says it all!

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 19 Feb 15:29

"I`m astonished that McPake is still our manager. I genuinely don`t think he has done ANYTHING in his tenure that warrants him still being in a job. "

i mean apart from winning a league i 100% agree...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 19 Feb 16:22

Bizarre, last year has given mcpake the breathing space that he’s currently getting. Mistakes have been made by him in relation to recruitment and retention but we’re just about capable of getting 8th which has become success this season. Even if we stay up and are struggling next playing terrible football i just don’t see much changing in terms of his position.

At this point I can’t see how he won’t be here next season regardless of the league we’re in.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Mon 19 Feb 16:41

I’m prepared to give him breathing space this season should we stay up. It’s been one of our worst seasons for many a year with injuries to key players.
I’m critical of him in one regard and that’s sticking with the same system week in week out despite having makeshift lineups and also not having ball winners in the middle of the park.
Chalmers and Summers are lightweight.
All in all though I’m sure when we have a fully fit squad again, we can be a force to be reckoned with although that seems like next season.
I would like to see Kane signed permanently and get a couple of seasoned pros in for the campaign next season.
The board have to realise the Championship isn’t for a team of young lads alone but players who have been there and done it.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 19 Feb 17:01

Not only that, but there is a blueprint from recent times as to how not to do it.

Falkirk signed a bunch of guys from u23 football in England when Hartley was in charge. They couldn`t cut it and got relegated.

There is nothing wrong with signing loan players, whom are young, possibly available to sign full-time and who could develop into saleable assets. The way to do it is to put them alongside experienced professionals and let them thrive in a team that is playing well and knows what it is doing.

What not to do is combat the loss of someone like Sam Fisher by playing a back 3 of Otoo, MFW and Benjamin - against the form team in the league - when they`ve probably not even played together as a unit in training.

We`ve made some great loan signings in KRH, Otoo and Fisher, so it can work. However, McPake`s best signing, by a mile, has been Benedictus and next up is probably Hamilton, who is young but had 80 first team appearances behind him when he joined.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Mon 19 Feb 17:47

He`s not in danger. If we were where Arbroath are, he`d maybe be in danger. The board are giving him plenty of time.

"A smile might be good!"
"Nothing to smile about in my life"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Feb 18:24

"There is nothing wrong with signing loan players, whom are young, possibly available to sign full-time and who could develop into saleable assets. The way to do it is to put them alongside experienced professionals and let them thrive in a team that is playing well and knows what it is doing."

In fairness, I think McPake himself would be 100% in agreement with that statement. it`s what he tried to do. Our injury list prevented it from happening.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 19 Feb 18:37

He signed MFW, Benjamin and Holmes in January - when the senior pros were injured.

He then went with a back 3 of Otoo, MFW and Benjamin, the day after the latter signed, against a team winning every week.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Feb 19:16

Agreed. But who knows if that was Plan A. I`m pretty sure it was Plan Z, but for whatever reason we couldn`t get the senior pros in of the quality needed....so he got whatever players in that he could.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Mon 19 Feb 19:26

Going to a back 3 of Otoo, Mfw and Benjamin certainly wasn,t one of his best decisions and continuing with Benjamin against Arbroath when it was plainly obvious that he wasn,t up to it , shows a lack of judgement on his part , would like to know what Millar Fenton and Sam youngs were thinking

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Football_Par  
Date:   Mon 19 Feb 20:27

the board dosnt give him any money and evertime he wants a player its like drawing teeth for them

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Mon 19 Feb 20:38

To those in the know, what has happened to our supposedly seasoned professional signings?

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Tue 20 Feb 11:32

A new manager won`t make any difference if he gets no money nor the players he wants. Maybe our director of football can give him advice, but then again he would have to attend games to get a proper view of how we are playing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Never10yairds  
Date:   Tue 20 Feb 12:23

I probably wouldn’t pull the trigger on Mcpake at this point in time, mainly because I can’t think of an available replacement who’d be a better long term prospect.

Let him finish out the season (unless we go bottom) and reevaluate the situation then. There will be plenty other managers coming to the end of their current contract who we could look at bringing in. If Mcpake turns it around and he puts a good run together he might buy himself another season here.

I do feel sorry for him with regard to injuries, there is no denying they have been a factor. I do also feel the board did not back him sufficiently in the transfer window to ease the crisis

However I questioned a few of his personnel decisions in the summer and sadly I haven’t been proved wrong. He extended and brought in guys who aren’t going to help us achieve our goals of being competitive at the top of this table. I’d also question the tactical rigidity he has shown up until the Arbroath game. It’s been clear for a while the system we have played all season wasn’t working with the players available and it really should have been changed sooner. Tailor the system to the opposition to maximise our chances of winning games. We aren’t good enough presently to overpower every team with plan A.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsdaft  
Date:   Tue 20 Feb 13:37

The feel good factor he had at the start of the season is lost. Likely lead to reduced season ticket uptake. Big decisions to be made, if not now certainly in the close season 🤔
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Wed 21 Feb 07:03

I hope he can turn it around but I think we’re sleep walking into League 1. I think there is an apathy about our situation. The board just doesn’t seem to care enough.

Where in the next 7 games are we going to pick up a win?

I think he’ll get the next three and that will be him.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Wed 21 Feb 17:03

Calm yourselves boys, James McPake is going nowhere. So find something else to fill up your spare time, instead of trying to get him sacked, like playing a video game, cryptic crossword, fly fishing, a night school class in crocheting? It`s all out there, up to you to find it.

Post Edited (Wed 21 Feb 18:02)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pibroch  
Date:   Wed 21 Feb 17:07

Glass half full guys ...3 points on Friday and the whole complexion changes.
COYP ⚽️🏁
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 21 Feb 18:04

That would equal the points total for the last 8 games !!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Wed 21 Feb 19:13

I don`t see it any different too any other business management .

I have worked in senior management positions for 30 years , and I will take a core team of personnel with me to each project .Simply because I know their capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net