DAFC.net
Home 19 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Fan Banter
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 08:29

During the Forest - Liverpool game on MOTD last night, the commentator mentioned that the home fans regaled Darwin Nunez when he came on as a sub with "You`re only a... sub standard Andy Carroll." 😃

I`m sure most folk watching would have seen the funny side of that, although Nunez himself was probably none the wiser. He had the last laugh though, scoring the only goal of the game after 99 mins.

What`s the funniest banter you`ve heard at a game?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Fan Banter
Topic Originator: sonofpetrie  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 08:42

Quote:

GG Riva, Sun 3 Mar 08:29

During the Forest - Liverpool game on MOTD last night, the commentator mentioned that the home fans regaled Darwin Nunez when he came on as a sub with "You`re only a... sub standard Andy Carroll." 😃

I`m sure most folk watching would have seen the funny side of that, although Nunez himself was probably none the wiser. He had the last laugh though, scoring the only goal of the game after 99 mins.

What`s the funniest banter you`ve heard at a game?

Alan Main. Couldn`t tell you which season but as you can imagine he would get it tight when he was at the Dunfermline end. Nothing phased him or even garnered a reaction till someone shouted : "Alan Main, your sister`s taxis are pihs" His ears pricked up like a dug that had just been called for dinner.

"You`re just a sh*t Pocahontas" Moshni at Rangers.

"Pishy broon shoes" When Elvis was managing Falkirk. I think even he laughed at that one towards the end of the season.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 09:04

Livingston away the week before Hay got sacked and was replaced by Leish, to the tune of the Kaiser Chiefs....

"Oh my god I can`t believe it, Davie Hays still got a job"

The week after the late, great Andy Goram revealed he was bi-polar (I think)

"2 Andy Gorams, there`s only 2 Andy Gorams"

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Sun 03 Mar 09:04)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 09:15

Because if you want defenders
Then you don`t as Wenger
Graham Is your man
Because where they all come from is a mystery
It`s like replacing Ashley cole with Gael Clichy
But hes the one that`s driving me berserk
How is arsene Wenger still in work

Arsenal fans sung this to the tune of only fools and horses. Was quite good to be fair.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 09:19

Fulham fans to the Dean Martin Amore

When your sat in row Z
And the ball hits your head
Thats Zamora

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 09:53

When the tannoy at EEP announced a Partick Thistle sub as Gerry Britton and a black player emerged from the dug-out and ran on to the pitch -

`Are you just back from your holidays, Gerry?` and `Did you forget to switch the sunbed off?`
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 10:07

Without a doubt the “ Two Andy Goram’s” chant at EEP after he had been diagnosed with mild schizophrenia

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Livingston Par  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 10:18

Aaaaaand if you tolerate Rix, then your children will be next.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: WarringtonPar  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 10:38

McDowell of St Mirren defending a corner at the town end gets hit square in the puss with one of Stephen’s finest. Pars fans sing “hit him in the eye, hit him in the eye , hit him in the eye with an East End pie, oh yeah, oh yeah” I swear he was still scraping it off his bonce at full time and was still raging with embarrassment 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Zimbo  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 13:17

One that backfired - I remember someone chucking a wrapped sweet at Davy Cooper who was taking a corner at the NW. At the time he was struggling with his weight. He picked up the sweet and ate it and gave the fans a thumbs up.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 14:10

Quote:

Zimbo, Sun 3 Mar 13:17

One that backfired - I remember someone chucking a wrapped sweet at Davy Cooper who was taking a corner at the NW. At the time he was struggling with his weight. He picked up the sweet and ate it and gave the fans a thumbs up.

He was almost on the half way line, so not taking a corner but it was well funny.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars11  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 14:35

Davy Cooper got booked for gesturing to the crowd, even though it was a good humoured reaction to being pelted with sweets. The Referee was a bit to straightlaced with his reaction.

Bluebell Polka
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 18:37

Trophy day 2011. There must have been about 100 pair of brown shoes on the pitch 😂 Just total ripping the psih out of Falkirk and Pressley.

"A smile might be good!"
"Nothing to smile about in my life"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 19:03

Leigh Griffiths playing for Dundee at East End when he had bright yellow hair in a big quiff and orange boots. Pars fan shouted, "Oi! Daffy Duck!"

Hafnafjordur player with mohican haircut and a fan shouted "Who cuts your hair, Vidal Baboon?"

Andy Rhodes playing for the Pars when he stuck the ball up the back of his jersey and the ref was looking all over the pitch for the ball having no idea what he had done.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 20:06

Not banter towards players, but the Vuvuzela (s) at San Starko was classic Pars fun.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KnebworthPar  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 20:29

“Taxi for Colquhoun” 😁
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 20:37

Ally Mcoist when he played for Killie
”you fat barsteward” then he scored and showed us his beer belly. You used to get a lot of banter with players but since we have adopted the snowflake society nobody can say anything without someone getting offended.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sun 3 Mar 21:08

Some of the lyrics that folk tie in with tunes are brilliant. I liked Arsenal fans with the `Oooooh Saka and Emilie Smith-Rowe` to the tune of Rocking All Over The World.

This one from Newcastle is a cracker, to Gimme Gimme Gimme by ABBA.

Gimme gimme gimme a striker from Sweden,

He’s our number 14,

And he plays in attack,

Gimme gimme gimme a striker from Sweden,

First name’s Alexander, and his surname’s Isak.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jojo  
Date:   Mon 4 Mar 00:32

That’s genius the song about Isak!! Simple but brilliant.Bit like the Arsenal song To the tune of Tequila but replacing it with Saliba
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net