DAFC.net
Home 30 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Calum Gallagher
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Wed 17 Apr 17:57

Just signed a 2 year deal with Arbroath.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Calum Gallagher
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 17 Apr 18:08

Should do well in that league!

Are the days of pre contract signings gone? Don’t think we snapped up anyone in the period between winning the title and the end of the season last season and no sign this year as yet.

Just saw on Twitter we already have 20 players signed up for next year. The most of all the current championship teams. Unless we can offload, we’ll likely go with roughly the same team again with some different raw youngsters on loan.

I do think we’ll sell Edwards tho so will have a new left sided defender, the others I struggle to see any leaving.

Post Edited (Wed 17 Apr 18:12)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Wed 17 Apr 18:38

Quote:

Berkey, Wed 17 Apr 18:08
I do think we’ll sell Edwards tho so will have a new left sided defender, the others I struggle to see any leaving.

Why do you think we will struggle to see anyone leave? 🤔 you know that players can leave whilst under contract eh?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: par-91  
Date:   Wed 17 Apr 19:03

Quote:

Are the days of pre contract signings gone?

Probably not, since this thread is about someone signing a pre-contract.

From a Pars perspective, I believe a number of pre-contract deals have been agreed in recent years (including Sam Fisher). They’ve just not been leaked/announced before everything is official. Pre-contracts aren’t legally binding.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Wed 17 Apr 19:09

Quote:

Dave_1885, Wed 17 Apr 18:38

Quote:

Why do you think we will struggle to see anyone leave? 🤔 you know that players can leave whilst under contract eh?

It`s hard to after bosman though.
Mind you Bullen is the perfect example of proving the manager wrong and staying put when transfer listed.

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Wed 17 Apr 19:22

Until you can be guaranteed what league you are playing in it must be difficult to get a player to commit to a pre-contract agreement.Equally from a clubs perspective, you really need to know where you will be playing to know what your budget is and what level of player you need to be looking at.
English based players could be reluctant to commit as they can`t sign a pre-contract with another English club until a month before their contract expires-they may want to leave their options open?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Wed 17 Apr 20:18

I imagine until clubs know where they finish in the league, receive payments, and set budgets for next year it will be difficult to sign players or bring in fresh faces. I am sure Utd and Rovers are in that camp plus Partick and Airdrie.

I would have thought we would have had some conversations with players but doubt we will be able to get anyone to sign on the dotted line for a few weeks yet. Hopefully, as JM has eluded to, the training centre may attract players who can see beyond the norm and understand that they can be part of something the club is trying to build. It`s a further step in developing into a more forward looking professional approach in my view.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 17 Apr 21:25

Yes players can leave who are under contract but unless someone is prepared to match their wages or offer a much longer term deal then it’s unlikely they would be prepared to leave unless a mutual agreement is made but this still likely cost the club money.

might have more luck loaning them out i guess and hope the majority of wages are covered.

Didn’t know pre contracts were not legally binding, that’s interesting!

Post Edited (Wed 17 Apr 21:26)
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Wed 17 Apr 21:31

Mother in law used to teach him, very intelligent laddie by all accounts and i think from a previous conversation with her - albeit a long time ago - he`d qualified as an engineer (?) after going part time when he was released by Rangers.

Assuming he`ll have that to fall back on uf going back part time with Arbroath (unless he already was, not sure if Airdrie were FT?).

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Wed 17 Apr 22:34

"Didn’t know pre contracts were not legally binding, that’s interesting!"

That`s why they are called "pre-contract agreements" - it`s an agreement before signing the contact. And if you don`t sign, you don`t have anything to get out of. In practice most players will move as terms will have been agreed etc but if a manager changes, a team doesn`t end up in the league expected or personal circumstances change then they won`t. Think Raith had one player who backed out maybe 7 or 8 years back?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Thu 18 Apr 00:55

There`s actually no rule that says a pre-contract agreement is not legally binding, although in football it often is. In fact there is a presumption that the parties in commercial situations intend their agreements to be legally binding, so clubs and players need to be very careful.

In 2008 the Court of Arbitration for Sports judged that it is possible for a pre-contract to be binding and enforceable if it contains all the essential terms agreed to between parties.

FIFA’s Dispute Resolution Chamber (‘DRC’) has also generally ruled that a pre-contract is binding if it contains essential terms such as the duration of the contract, remuneration and benefits, particularly if the parties have already begun to perform any obligations under the pre-contract prior to any termination. But if the pre-contract has been terminated prior to when it is due to take effect, then the DRC has been reluctant to find that the pre-contract is binding. So it`s confusing.

A few years ago, Richard Brittain signed a pre-contract agreement to move from Ross County to St Johnstone, then changed his mind and re-signed for County. St Johnstone sued and County settled out of court and paid compensation, presumably because the document signed by Brittain and St Johnstone was deemed a binding contract.

So it depends totally on the wording of the document, which is how lawyers earn a crust. The document needs to clearly state that there is no intention to create legal relations (rights, obligations etc) and the purpose is only to set out terms etc that might be included in a binding contract. There`s more, but it`s boring, even for me.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 7000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Thu 18 Apr 08:08

Quote:

kelty_par, Wed 17 Apr 22:34

"Didn’t know pre contracts were not legally binding, that’s interesting!"

That`s why they are called "pre-contract agreements" - it`s an agreement before signing the contact. And if you don`t sign, you don`t have anything to get out of. In practice most players will move as terms will have been agreed etc but if a manager changes, a team doesn`t end up in the league expected or personal circumstances change then they won`t. Think Raith had one player who backed out maybe 7 or 8 years back?

You could be thinking of Calum Elliott who had a pre-contract agreement with Livi and backed out to join Rovers from Alloa.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 18 Apr 16:04

Possibly, the name rings a bell.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net