DAFC.net
Home 20 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Cameron Burgess
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Thu 9 May 22:31

I hadn`t realised that Ipswich Town`s central defender Cameron Burgess was born in Aberdeenshire and in fact played for Scotland U18 and U19 teams. However, his family emigrated and unfortunately he has now played for Australia several times.

His father is ex-Falkirk player Stuart Burgess, and his grandfather was former Kilmarnock and Scotland goalkeeper Campbell Forsyth.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/08/ipswich-town-english-premier-league-promotion-cameron-burgess-australia-defender?

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 8000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Cameron Burgess
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 9 May 23:03

I remember that guy Stuart Burgess, part of a robust Falkirk side, alongside the likes of Crawford Baptie
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Fri 10 May 12:21

There`s a decent number of `Scottish` players playing for Aus...

Martin Boyle, Harry Souttar, Cameron Burgess - I`m there`s another one as well, but the name escapes me.

Mind you - it goes both ways. We`ve nabbed Lyndon Dykes off them :D

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gem 1977  
Date:   Fri 10 May 13:13

Quote:

Bandy, Fri 10 May 12:21

There`s a decent number of `Scottish` players playing for Aus...

Martin Boyle, Harry Souttar, Cameron Burgess - I`m there`s another one as well, but the name escapes me.

Mind you - it goes both ways. We`ve nabbed Lyndon Dykes off them :D

Jason `Cumdog` Cummings

Here's to the first of the day, fellas! To old D.H. Lawrence.
Neh! Neh! Neh! Fuh! Fuh! Fuh! Indians

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 11 May 13:11

Quote:

Stanza, Thu 9 May 22:31

I hadn`t realised that Ipswich Town`s central defender Cameron Burgess was born in Aberdeenshire and in fact played for Scotland U18 and U19 teams. However, his family emigrated and unfortunately he has now played for Australia several times.

His father is ex-Falkirk player Stuart Burgess, and his grandfather was former Kilmarnock and Scotland goalkeeper Campbell Forsyth.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/08/ipswich-town-english-premier-league-promotion-cameron-burgess-australia-defender?

Campbell Forsyth, a name from the golden era - Sir Fergie belted a long range daisy cutter past him to win a Scottish Cup replay at EEP after a great tie at Rugby Park on the Saturday - a date hard to forget - Rangers went out at Berwick same day.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net