DAFC.net
Home 28 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Scotland v Israel Women
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Fri 31 May 19:23

Held up due to protestor chaining themselves to a goal post. That is with it being played behind closed doors and heighted security. I wonder if there will be further disruption.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scotland v Israel Women
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Fri 31 May 19:57

Why are Israeli national teams still allowed to compete? Surely FIFA and UEFA should have suspended them due to the current actions in Gaza, as they did with Russia in 2022.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 31 May 20:11

Quote:

Socks, Fri 31 May 19:57

Why are Israeli national teams still allowed to compete? Surely FIFA and UEFA should have suspended them due to the current actions in Gaza, as they did with Russia in 2022.

I agree. Shouldn`t be playing in UEFA competition anyway
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Fri 31 May 20:16

To be fair that would be the only highlight of the game as woman’s football is really bad to watch tbh. And before all of you .net cowboys start on me it’s not really something that should be on TV promoting the woman’s game tbh… slow, can’t pass and the keepers are brutal🤷

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Fri 31 May 20:24

Quote:

Alter Ego, Fri 31 May 20:16

To be fair that would be the only highlight of the game as woman’s football is really bad to watch tbh. And before all of you .net cowboys start on me it’s not really something that should be on TV promoting the woman’s game tbh… slow, can’t pass and the keepers are brutal🤷

Just don’t watch it then……there is literally an entire world of TV shows/movies etc out there on 1000 different apps and channels……its really that simple 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Fri 31 May 20:36

Fully agree, Israel should be banned from all international sports.

What they are doing to the people of Gaza is horrific but it’s being supported by the West (why?)

I would have fully supported Scotland not playing this game, we are only condoning what is happening to innocent people in Gaza.

Politically shocking stance from the UK government who seem to be happy for children to be killed indiscriminately and treated like animals.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Fri 31 May 20:59

Quote:

Alter Ego, Fri 31 May 20:16

And what are you comparing it to ???
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 06:56

Israel are the victims in this conflict and that is why they are allowed to compete as Ukraine were when they were at war with Russia
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 07:38

I imagine Ukraine would be banned too if their response to the Russian invasion was to slaughter Russian children en masse.

Yet even Ukraine has been able to show a degree of restraint and has so far refrained from attacking civilians.

For their part Russia has, rightly, realised that bombing refugee camps is counterproductive.

The enemy travels by private jet, not by dinghy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 07:45

Quote:

dafc-chris1, Sat 1 Jun 06:56

Israel are the victims in this conflict and that is why they are allowed to compete as Ukraine were when they were at war with Russia

I really hope you`re trolling.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Football_Par  
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 08:04

DBA wrote:

>
Quote:

>
> Israel are the victims in this conflict and that is why they
> are allowed to compete as Ukraine were when they were at war
> with Russia

>
> I really hope you`re trolling.

you forgetting what happened in October like ? thats what started all this and it was beyond Evil

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 08:09

October 7th didn`t start it at all. It`s been going on since before the state of Israel existed.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 08:12

Wotsit wrote:

> October 7th didn`t start it at all. It`s been going on since
> before the state of Israel existed.
>
>

ffs mate

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 08:17

Are you going to make a point?

The historical beginning of the Israel Palestine conflict is heavily debated but it definitely started before October 7th 2023.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 09:42

Quote:

Stfu 😂😂 Victims
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 09:46

Quote:

Wotsit, Sat 1 Jun 08:17

Are you going to make a point?

The historical beginning of the Israel Palestine conflict is heavily debated but it definitely started before October 7th 2023.

Could go back to 70AD when the Romans punished the Jews in spades for revolting ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 10:38

Topic Originator: Andrew283 like
Date: Sat 1 Jun 09:42

Quote:

Stfu 😂😂 Victims

Those 1500 in October certainly were, Have you actually seen the videos of what Hammas did ?

Some of the evilest, cruellest things ive ever seen in my life.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 11:05

Quote:

Football_Par, Sat 1 Jun 10:38

Topic Originator: Andrew283 like
Date: Sat 1 Jun 09:42

Quote:

Stfu 😂😂 Victims

Those 1500 in October certainly were, Have you actually seen the videos of what Hammas did ?

Some of the evilest, cruellest things ive ever seen in my life.

I have seen the videos. I`ve also seen the videos of before October 7th and after (y`know, the ones with IDF soldiers beheading infants?)

Victims don`t fill wells with cement. Victims don`t turn off a nations basic utilities. Victims don`t gradually steal another nations lands.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 11:06

Quote:

Wotsit, Sat 1 Jun 08:09

October 7th didn`t start it at all. It`s been going on since before the state of Israel existed.

No, it hasn`t.
Whilst Israel was being transformed from a desert to what it is now, the original Palestinians were gratefully working in new businesses and enjoying the transformation.

The floodgates opened, and masses of foreign Arabs moved in.
This was the start of the attempts to destroy the "New" state.

I`m sure you remember the attacks on civilian targets, including school buses and McDonald`s restaurants.

Israel is guilty of many things and has done terrible things in retaliation for attacks on them.

I don`t support the policies of Israel. I do get why they want to obliterate Hammas after what recently did.

I don`t take either side.

This is not the same as Russia invading a peaceful neighbour, though.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 11:53

"I have seen the videos. I`ve also seen the videos of before October 7th and after (y`know, the ones with IDF soldiers beheading infants?)

Victims don`t fill wells with cement. Victims don`t turn off a nations basic utilities. Victims don`t gradually steal another nations lands."

thats just whataboutary , seen this quite a lot, people refusing to condemn what happened in October

Genuinely baffles me

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 11:56

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 1 Jun 11:06

Quote:

No, it hasn`t.
Whilst Israel was being transformed from a desert to what it is now, the original Palestinians were gratefully working in new businesses and enjoying the transformation.

I`m sure you remember the attacks on civilian targets, including school buses and McDonald`s restaurants.

Israel is guilty of many things and has done terrible things in retaliation for attacks on them.

I don`t support the policies of Israel. I do get why they want to obliterate Hammas after what recently did.

OK Parrot. So nobody bombed the King David hotel and the Nakba was a myth, my mistake.

Come on mate, you weren`t born yesterday!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 12:04

As much as Hammas are Evil they have played a blinder here.

They planned an attack so Barbaric, Raping and Murdering so many people they Knew this would force Israel into a war.

They also know by scurrying back to their holes in the middle of civilian areas this would force isreal to kill many innocent civilians.

I really dont know what else Isreal were suppost to do.

Yes i agree they have been very heavy handed but im not in their shoes thankfully.

To call Isreal terrorists without condemning what Hammas has done is beyond moronic imo

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 12:15

Quote:

Wotsit, Sat 1 Jun 11:56

Quote:

Quote:

No, it hasn`t.

OK Parrot. So nobody bombed the King David hotel and the Nakba was a myth, my mistake.

I`m sure I didn`t suggest at any time that Israel is innocent.
I have a balanced view though. I don`t hate either side.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 12:16

Quote:

Football_Par, Sat 1 Jun 12:04

As much as Hammas are Evil they have played a blinder here.

They planned an attack so Barbaric, Raping and Murdering so many people they Knew this would force Israel into a war.

They also know by scurrying back to their holes in the middle of civilian areas this would force isreal to kill many innocent civilians.

I really dont know what else Isreal were suppost to do.

Yes i agree they have been very heavy handed but im not in their shoes thankfully.

To call Isreal terrorists without condemning what Hammas has done is beyond moronic imo

Absolutely this. The victims are neither Palestine nor Israel, but the ordinary innocent civilians on both sides.

Post Edited (Sat 01 Jun 12:19)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 12:17

Who hasn`t condemned Hamas?

And do we all have to ritually condemn Hamas every time Israel commits an atrocity for the condemnation to count?

For the avoidance of doubt: October 7th was an atrocity.

That it took place within the context of a wider, and much older, conflict is still important though .

Look up the Nakba. Find out about the King David hotel bombing.

And what happened since is also an atrocity, and on a much greater scale.

Nobody is forced to slaughter civilians by the way, that`s an awful thing to say. No better than those who try to justify what Hamas did.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 12:20

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 1 Jun 12:15

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No, it hasn`t.

You very much did suggest that the conflict hasn`t been ongoing since before the founding of Israel.

It`s right there.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 12:21

Topic Originator: Wotsit like
Date: Sat 1 Jun 12:17

Who hasn`t condemned Hamas?

And do we all have to ritually condemn Hamas every time Israel commits an atrocity for the condemnation to count?

For the avoidance of doubt: October 7th was an atrocity.

That it took place within the context of a wider, and much older, conflict is still important though .

Look up the Nakba. Find out about the King David hotel bombing.

And what happened since is also an atrocity, and on a much greater scale.

Nobody is forced to slaughter civilians by the way, that`s an awful thing to say. No better than those who try to justify what Hamas did.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"

ok fair enough

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 12:51

Quote:

Wotsit, Sat 1 Jun 12:20

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 1 Jun 12:15

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No, it hasn`t.

You very much did suggest that the conflict hasn`t been ongoing since before the founding of Israel.

It`s right there.

No I didn`t. This is too complex to argue on a forum. I would need to write screens so as not to miss anything out. I just don`t have time to do that. Much prefer a chat face to face.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 12:57

You literally said "no it hasn`t" as your first line to my post suggesting that it has.

What`s complicated about that?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 13:18

Quote:

Wotsit, Sat 1 Jun 12:57

You literally said "no it hasn`t" as your first line to my post suggesting that it has.

What`s complicated about that?

Like I said, I don`t have time to post lengthy responses. I shouldn`t have got involved.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 13:35

What Hammas done on the 7th of October was deplorable by every standard ever set. It was a disgusting terrorist attack upon seemingly innocent victims. I say seemingly as I know nothing about the victims history.

What Israel have done since October 8th is more than deplorable though. Fire bombing entire cities with zero consequences or care of the outcome is disgusting. Its been going on for 8 months now. With the full backing of the Western superpowers.

Anyone that cant understand the volumes of this, imagine the entire central belt of Scotland being wiped out, with families unable to leave during it. Then tell me its acceptable what the Israelis are doing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 13:40

Quote:

Russia attacked Ukraine, Hamas attacked Israel.
Why is Israel the only country in the world not allowed to defend themselves or win a war.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 13:48

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Sat 1 Jun 13:40

Quote:

Why is Israel the only country in the world not allowed to defend themselves or win a war.

Didnt realise that 15,000 children attacked Israel…….and thats just the dead ones…….
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 14:09

"Russia attacked Ukraine, Hamas attacked Israel.
Why is Israel the only country in the world not allowed to defend themselves or win a war."

The two situations are not directly equivalent. However, the suspensions in 2022 proved that sporting governing bodies actually do have it within them to act to isolate member countries who act disgracefully in a war setting. To use the phrase `defend themselves` given the current context is disingenuous at best.

I`ve read that the sporting boycott of South Africa, particularly in rugby, was actually quite effective in forcing change. And I see a complete sporting boycott of the state run by this disgraceful Israeli government as similarly appropriate. FIFA, UEFA and every other international sporting governing body should be suspending Israel immediately.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 16:58

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sat 1 Jun 13:48

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Sat 1 Jun 13:40

Quote:

Didnt realise that 15,000 children attacked Israel…….and thats just the dead ones…….

Hamas stated they would repeat the atrocities of Oct 7th over and over again.
They then hid behind women and children. What in your view would be an appropriate response to this threat to avoid Hamas carrying it out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 17:22

How about not murdering thousands of innocents and making countless more homeless and on the brink of starvation?

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 17:48

Quote:

EastEndTales, Sat 1 Jun 17:22

How about not murdering thousands of innocents and making countless more homeless and on the brink of starvation?

I asked what an appropriate response to stop Hamas carrying out their threat would be. All you have done is say what they should not have done.
I absolutely agree with you on the starvation point, that is a war crime and those responsible should face justice for that.
So what is your solution?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 17:53

Others might as well ask you what the Palestinians` solution should be to what`s happening to them.

Both are pretty disingenous questions to ask of folk on a football forum who are clearly not well informed military strategists.

Post Edited (Sat 01 Jun 17:54)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 17:57

What I have found really disturbing is the attitude of Jewish people I know to this situation. Admittedly I only know a handful but the way they talk about the people of Gaza is disgusting. They view them as sub human. I would imagine it`s how the Jews in Nazi Germany were discussed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 18:31

How do you go about striking up a conversation about Gazans with these handful of Jews that you know?
I actually don`t know any Jewish people personally (or maybe I do but I don`t know it) but I know a few non Jewish people who refer to Jews in disgusting terms and I don`t have to imagine that is the how Jews were discussed in Nazi Germany because I know the language is the same.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 18:44

I lived and worked in a hospital in Israel for 3 months. It was a Christian hospital that served mainly Arab or Palastinian Israelis. It wasn`t difficult to sympathise with the ordinary Arab/Israelis, who live in Israel. There is a legitimate sense of injustice, even among the Arab/Israeli Christians, who would have a natural inclination of good will towards the Jews, because many of their families lost homes and possessions in 1948. Also, the Arab Israeli population in Israel are being treated as second class citizens. On the other hand an Arab/Israeli Christian Pastor I know, who has family members in Gaza and the West Bank told me that he had met members of Hamas and they scared the wits out of him, because of their fierce hatred of the Jews. I have sympathy for the Jews, in that they are surrounded by enemies but along with many others of my Christian friends, I have been and am very dismayed by their extreme reaction in this situation.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 18:50

I think a lot of radical Islamists use the plight of the Palestinians as an excuse to do a lot of terrible ****.

Look at Iran, they dont give a **** about palastine but use it for their own agenda.

Egypt, Saudi, Jordan could not give a ***** about the Palestinians either.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 19:01

If I had a solution I wouldn`t be an accountant. It`s not exactly something you`d find in the Beano is it?
Not sure what your point is to be honest.

Is it if I don`t have my own solution then why am I outraged by Israel`s response? Because I can tell you that I was as outraged by what Hamas did to innocents, infact by both sides for years now. Makes me sick.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 19:51

Quote:

Wotsit, Sat 1 Jun 17:53

Others might as well ask you what the Palestinians` solution should be to what`s happening to them.

Both are pretty disingenous questions to ask of folk on a football forum who are clearly not well informed military strategists.

I spent a total of 23 years in the military so have a fair idea of military strategy.
The first consideration would be using special forces to take out Hamas. This would certainly be feasible if there were only a couple hundred of them. However there are between 30 and 40 thousand members of Hamas.
I really can`t see any other thing that Israel could have done but go in in numbers.
With this their only option they had to take out Hamas command and control centres before any ground offensive.

There have certainly been war crimes during this offensive and they are tightly called out and culprits should be prosecuted.

What I don`t see from the pro Palestine side is any criticism of Hamas for holding civilians at gunpoint as human shields. I saw footage of them gun down an elderly woman who refused and was gunned down as she walked away. Or of the execution of starving Palestinians who stole food from an aid truck. They were blindfolded, hands tied behind their backs, the carp kicked out of them and then shot.
The silence is deafening.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 20:44

23 years military experience and you think that killing people`s children is the best way to get them to stop hating you?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 20:51

Quote:

Wotsit, Sat 1 Jun 20:44

23 years military experience and you think that killing people`s children is the best way to get them to stop hating you?

That`s absolutely not what I said.
But you go ahead and twist my words to suit your narrative.
It`s the best way to stop Hamas carrying out their threat to repeat Oct 7th over and over again.
Obviously every single civilian death is a tragedy. The fault for that rests firmly with Hamas who hide behind women and children. Holding them at gunpoint.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 21:04

Wow it just incredible how religion has feked up this world..

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 21:14

Just let them bomb each other…. What the fek should it have to do with us??
Who cares apart from god/jesus who looks like they don’t care🤷🤷 Fek off with all the religion pihs tbh.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 21:37

massive protests in London today against Islamists. A lot of people have had enough.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 21:41

A lot of them are racists though from the footage I`ve seen

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 22:06

The human race has the ability to start wars and commit atrocities quite irrespective of any religious affiliations. If alter ego puts it all at religion`s door he is quite wrong. Most wars have had nothing to do with religion. For example, the first and second world wars, the American War of Independence, the American Civil war, the Russia / Ukraine war. Its angry people who start wars and if all people took the words of Jesus to heart, there would be no wars. "Love the Lord your God with all your heart," He said, "and your neighbour as yourself."

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Jun 22:15

Quote:

sadindiefreak, Sat 1 Jun 20:51

Quote:

Wotsit, Sat 1 Jun 20:44

That`s absolutely not what I said.
But you go ahead and twist my words to suit your narrative.
It`s the best way to stop Hamas carrying out their threat to repeat Oct 7th over and over again.
Obviously every single civilian death is a tragedy. The fault for that rests firmly with Hamas who hide behind women and children. Holding them at gunpoint.

How about actually manning the border with IDF soldiers and reinforcing it? It would maybe stop terrorists from using wire cutters to infiltrate 25 miles into the country……it would be a start rather than blowing up civilians…….
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: thebear  
Date:   Sun 2 Jun 19:26

And I thought the forum was about foitball, not politics wrong or right
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Jun 20:55

Tbh though nowadays it’s all about religion etc and I find it weird how people can think there is 21 gods up in the sky telling people how to run their lives?
And if you don’t have faith you get sent to the devil in the ground where you will be hurt for the rest of your life(your dead anyway🤷)
Does the evil devil have a book he has written to determine how people follow like the bible??
Religion is just a load of utter crap…take religion out of society and we all would live a happier life imo!

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DrumRoad  
Date:   Sun 2 Jun 22:47

Came on here to find out how Scotlands women did against Israel’s woman in the 2025 Euro qualifiers

53 posts & 2 days later not so much as a mention of how the actual game went nor the score, talk about hijacking a thread!!

………………… For anyone interested, Scotland won 4-1

2022/23 League one Winners
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wulliepar57  
Date:   Sun 2 Jun 23:01

DrumRoad There are a lot of folk o here who have got side tracked and I think they are on the wrong forum !
Because it was Scotland I watched it , and to be honest we could have and should have scored more , but at 0-0 it could have been so much different as Israel had a good chance but failed to capitalise , I was hoping for a lot more Scottish goals second half but it didn`t materialise , probably due to the mindset that we had the game won , and again we had a couple of let offs due to bad finishing and a goalkeeping good save , If this Scotland team want to progress we need to be better at the back as we seem to back off and give teams chances , the goal israel scored was a good goal , a couple of ours were so so !
onwards and upwards I hope

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Jun 23:37

Quote:

Alter Ego, Sun 2 Jun 20:55

Tbh though nowadays it’s all about religion etc and I find it weird how people can think there is 21 gods up in the sky telling people how to run their lives?
And if you don’t have faith you get sent to the devil in the ground where you will be hurt for the rest of your life(your dead anyway🤷)
Does the evil devil have a book he has written to determine how people follow like the bible??
Religion is just a load of utter crap…take religion out of society and we all would live a happier life imo!

Good job, nobody listens to your opinion.
You are one of those wierdis who start religious comments and then complain about it. Most of us just get on with our faith and our lives, but you, for some reason, seem intent on throwing a spanner in other folks` works.
By the way, you just blathered the most incredible loada pihs about what Christians believe.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Jun 23:53

The way that social media is at the moment, any post mentioning Israel is always going to be hijacked. So many people wanting to make their point. But if one loaded point of view is allowed, it`s only fair that contrary views are permitted.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 08:26

Summary of world Religion from the beginning of time:

"My made up man in the sky is better than your made up man in the sky, if you disagree with me im going to kill you "

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 08:49

Quote:

DrumRoad, Sun 2 Jun 22:47

Came on here to find out how Scotlands women did against Israel’s woman in the 2025 Euro qualifiers

53 posts
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 08:51

“Came on here to find out how Scotlands women did against Israel’s woman in the 2025 Euro qualifiers”

That’s why it’s stupid to say we should keep politics out of sport given the teams involved are representing a nation state (political entity), playing that nation state’s anthem, flying their flag and wearing their uniform!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 11:13

Quote:

Football_Par, Mon 3 Jun 08:26

Summary of world Religion from the beginning of time:

"My made up man in the sky is better than your made up man in the sky, if you disagree with me im going to kill you "

So I go around hunting people who disagree with my faith!

Do you think maybe politics fits your description better?

Maybe we should ban politics and we would all be happier

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 11:42

"My made up man in the sky is better than your made up man in the sky"

God has given us a very complex organ. It`s called a brain. He expects us to use it to seek for truth. "What is truth" asked Pontius Pilate. " I am the way, the truth and the life", said Jesus. The God who gave us life, died on a cross to save us from the curse of death." He/ or she who lives and believes in me will never die" said Jesus.

The first person to challenge me to believe in Jesus was a Sunday school teacher at Cairns Parish Church Cowdenbeath (who wore his Dunfermline scarf to church) when I was 8 years old. I will forever be grateful to that man and also to a schoolmate in Glasgow 8 years later, who radiated love for Christ and led me to Jesus who changes everything for the better. He takes away bitterness and anger and gives us a new heart of kindness and grace.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 12:05

I`m sorry but when i see Teenage girls being stoned to death for having the misfortune to be raped or if they have been unfaithful all in the name of religion i cant help but think its all a lot of bollox.

Post Edited (Mon 03 Jun 12:06)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 12:11

Football_Par wrote:

> I`m sorry but when i see Teenage girls being stoned to death
> for having the misfortune to be raped or if they have been
> unfaithful all in the name of religion i cant help but think
> its all a lot of bollox.
>
> Jesus was the very man who stopped religious fanatics from doing that.
>
>

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 12:33

Well he`s not doing a very good job in the USA at the moment. Where 12 year old girls raped by their father can`t get an abortion because of followers of this "saviour".

Anyway, a good win for Scotland against the Apartheid state although in truth it should have been more. Still not convinced by the manager and it`ll be tough qualifying, but can`t help but feel that the SFA didn`t capitalise on qualification for the World Cup in France and we`ve gone backwards as a result (or at least we`ve remained stationary while others have improved). The likes of Ireland, who we were far better than but lost to in a play off not so long ago, can get big crowds at the Aviva while we can`t get close to even half filling Hampden. Giving tickets away when you buy mens national team tickets hasn`t really worked, and perhaps getting sold out (or close enough) crowds at Tynecastle or St Mirren Park would be better than rattling around at Hampden.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 12:47

But if a father is raping his 12 year old daughter, it provides vivid evidence of human sinfulness and our desperate need of a Saviour.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 13:05

The problem with any religion is how people choose to interpret scriptures.

The people who commit horrible crimes are not Christians, Jews or Muslims. They are evil, horrid little people who use religion as a shield.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 13:13

Yes, because people have the propensity for great evil, they are quite capable of twisting religious text to support evil actions but they would be disobeying Christ`s great teachings in the sermon on the mount and his command to love our neighbour as ourselves.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 14:44

Christianity is slowly dying a death in Scotland

51.1% of the population now say they have no religion

Church of Scotland has lost a million followers since 2000

Roman Catholics has dropped 17% in the last decade.

The Muslim population however has increased by 79% in the same timeframe

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 15:38

Quote:

kelty_par, Mon 3 Jun 12:33

Well he`s not doing a very good job in the USA at the moment. Where 12 year old girls raped by their father can`t get an abortion because of followers of this "saviour".

Anyway, a good win for Scotland against the Apartheid state although in truth it should have been more. Still not convinced by the manager and it`ll be tough qualifying, but can`t help but feel that the SFA didn`t capitalise on qualification for the World Cup in France and we`ve gone backwards as a result (or at least we`ve remained stationary while others have improved). The likes of Ireland, who we were far better than but lost to in a play off not so long ago, can get big crowds at the Aviva while we can`t get close to even half filling Hampden. Giving tickets away when you buy mens national team tickets hasn`t really worked, and perhaps getting sold out (or close enough) crowds at Tynecastle or St Mirren Park would be better than rattling around at Hampden.

They will be held accountable for their actions. Compassion is not a strong point in far right usa evangelism.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 15:55

Quote:

Football_Par, Mon 3 Jun 14:44

Christianity is slowly dying a death in Scotland

51.1% of the population now say they have no religion

Church of Scotland has lost a million followers since 2000

Roman Catholics has dropped 17% in the last decade.

The Muslim population however has increased by 79% in the same timeframe

Isn`t the Muslim increase simply a result of more people of Muslim faith coming to the country or being born from Muslim families?

Years ago loads of kids went to Sunday school and their parents attended church. Not so much nowadays. It often seems to me that a lot of people consider traditional British values to relate strongly to Christianity, which is ironic given the people spouting off about British values likely don`t even go to church! I suppose it`s no different to our pals in Glasgow who fight over religion despite the cast majority not being religious.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 21:25

Religion is just a money maker for all those religions out there..Again I will never understand how people think there is a god out there that looks on us like God,Allah or the Buddha… All religion does is cause wars and the heads of these religions make millions out of the normal working people who believe in the utter nonsense!

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 21:48

Quote:

Alter Ego, Mon 3 Jun 21:25

Religion is just a money maker for all those religions out there..Again I will never understand how people think there is a god out there that looks on us like God,Allah or the Buddha… All religion does is cause wars and the heads of these religions make millions out of the normal working people who believe in the utter nonsense!

Utter Bolloks from start to end

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 22:40

Really utter bollocks?? I don’t think so tbh…there is a man in the sky who tells his people/cult what to do and believe?? I honestly can’t get it that people believe in a god or the 30 of them up there and writing a book that everyone should believe in? The world has gone mad!

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 22:40

We don`t make much, or more accurately, any money, in our church in Glasgow, but the members give sacrificially because they want people to hear the Good News. We give food parcels to the homeless and a free lunch every Sunday to international students. Christian people, working their socks off, voluntarily to spread the gospel.

Why is it so mad, that the God, who gave us life, should communicate with us through a book, written by people chosen by Him to do so. God made us and He loves us and wants us to give our loyalty to Him. We have all broken His rules for life but He has provided a way of forgiveness. Its up to us to take it or reject it.

Post Edited (Mon 03 Jun 22:45)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 23:44

Quote:

Alter Ego, Mon 3 Jun 22:40

Really utter bollocks?? I don’t think so tbh…there is a man in the sky who tells his people/cult what to do and believe?? I honestly can’t get it that people believe in a god or the 30 of them up there and writing a book that everyone should believe in? The world has gone mad!

I honestly have no idea what you are slavering about.
You appear to be criticising something you don`t know, even the basics about.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Jun 23:46

Quote:

Paralex, Mon 3 Jun 22:40

We don`t make much, or more accurately, any money, in our church in Glasgow, but the members give sacrificially because they want people to hear the Good News. We give food parcels to the homeless and a free lunch every Sunday to international students. Christian people, working their socks off, voluntarily to spread the gospel.

Why is it so mad, that the God, who gave us life, should communicate with us through a book, written by people chosen by Him to do so. God made us and He loves us and wants us to give our loyalty to Him. We have all broken His rules for life but He has provided a way of forgiveness. Its up to us to take it or reject it.

Amen to that, but you know the bit about dust and sandles?.......

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 4 Jun 00:08

The return leg is later today. Are we going to hear all these arguments about religion again?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 4 Jun 00:37

Not arguments wee eck, clarifications and you don`t have to read it, if you don`t like it.

I do know the bit about dust and sandals Parrot but hoping some good soil may be found for the seed.

Post Edited (Tue 04 Jun 00:49)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 4 Jun 00:42

Quote:

wee eck, Tue 4 Jun 00:08

The return leg is later today. Are we going to hear all these arguments about religion again?

I hope not. If folk would just gie us peace to believe what we want to believe, instead of constantly challenging us with derogatory comments, then moaning because we respond, maybe we could stick to topic.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 4 Jun 05:27

God didn’t give you life 🤦🏻‍♂️ your mum and dad having sexual intercourse at the right time of the month gave you life……
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 4 Jun 06:53

We should employ Jesus for the catering at East End. He`s done it for 5000 before on a fish supper and a bottle of juice.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 4 Jun 07:17

Time for a bit of thinking out of the box, before we`re in the box!!!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Tue 4 Jun 07:31

Back on topic, the Australian women`s team played China yesterday in Sydney. The attendance was 76,798. The women`s game has taken off here in Oz since the Women`s World Cup. The Olympics in France is the next point of interest, so we can expect more exposure (and please spare us the double entendres, you silly little boys).

If people just accepted that, like women`s tennis, it is an entirely different game but still enjoyable nonetheless, perhaps we could avoid all the childish jibes that only make the perpetrator look foolish.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 4 Jun 09:58

Quote:

OzPar, Tue 4 Jun 07:31

Back on topic, the Australian women`s team played China yesterday in Sydney. The attendance was 76,798. The women`s game has taken off here in Oz since the Women`s World Cup. The Olympics in France is the next point of interest, so we can expect more exposure (and please spare us the double entendres, you silly little boys).

If people just accepted that, like women`s tennis, it is an entirely different game but still enjoyable nonetheless, perhaps we could avoid all the childish jibes that only make the perpetrator look foolish.

That`s good to hear it just hasn`t had the same reception in Scotland by the looks of it.We had Scottish Cup semi final ties at Hampden recently with less than 1000 there which didn`t look great-they couldn`t give the tickets away.

The Olympic football won`t get much coverage here with no UK team in it, but hopefully the game continues to grow.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 4 Jun 10:10

Good to hear the women’s game is doing well.

It is interesting because I do accept it’s a different game, but it just doesn’t interest or excite me…

I’ll watch lots of other women’s sports (tennis, camogie, curling, athletics, etc) but there’s a few I just can’t take too - I do wonder if it’s because I’m a bit conditioned to think some sports should only be undertaken by men, as I can’t enjoy watching women’s rugby, soccer, boxing, mma, ice hockey
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net