DAFC.net
Home 04 July 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 This seasons strips
Topic Originator: 68guns  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 11:34

Just wondering if anyone can explain why the badge on the goalkeepers top is back to the gold background of circa 2000. I thought at that time we had changed to a gold background over some copyrighting issues but not sure. Outfield kits still sporting the coloured background. Don’t mind the gold background but wondering why we are using different designs.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 11:45

It`s a direct copy of the goalie kit we had back in 1998 including the gold badge. The away strip this year is rumoured to be all black, so would be good if it is a copy of the 1998 3rd strip.

Post Edited (Tue 02 Jul 13:15)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 11:56

I`ve often wondered who makes the final decision regarding the design of the various strips. It`s such a subjective issue yet could have a significant bearing on the club`s revenue streams.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 12:15

The home one is ok but I think the new away one if all black/gold will be a good seller.
The best strips were brought out when the GM was that Mike....not going to try and spell his last name but they were really good kits Imo.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 12:25

The blue away top from 1998 had a gold badge too. I didn`t think there was any real reason behind it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 12:45

Was an old regime attempt at something new. Mind Yorkston talking about it at some point.

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 14:12

Remember the home avec kit around then was a cookie cutter job, had it on in Rhodes that summer and kept getting mixed up for Grimsby even down to the sponsor logo and colour being similar to Autowindscreens.

The black away top is probably my all time favourite even withstanding the material which resembled the underside of a carpet.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 15:00

The black/gold Avec is a holy grail top, been asked to sell mine several times. Not a chance!

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 16:56

That tinkering with the club badge to all gold is a disgrace. Whoever sanctioned that the first time was bad enough, but to repeat it is criminal.

An affront to Dunfermline Athletic
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 17:10

Quote:

red-star-par, Tue 2 Jul 16:56

That tinkering with the club badge to all gold is a disgrace. Whoever sanctioned that the first time was bad enough, but to repeat it is criminal.

An affront to Dunfermline Athletic

"How did I hurt you, RSP?"
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net