DAFC.net
Home 22 July 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 This seasons strips
Topic Originator: 68guns  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 11:34

Just wondering if anyone can explain why the badge on the goalkeepers top is back to the gold background of circa 2000. I thought at that time we had changed to a gold background over some copyrighting issues but not sure. Outfield kits still sporting the coloured background. Don’t mind the gold background but wondering why we are using different designs.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 11:45

It`s a direct copy of the goalie kit we had back in 1998 including the gold badge. The away strip this year is rumoured to be all black, so would be good if it is a copy of the 1998 3rd strip.






Post Edited (Tue 02 Jul 13:15)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 11:56

I`ve often wondered who makes the final decision regarding the design of the various strips. It`s such a subjective issue yet could have a significant bearing on the club`s revenue streams.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 12:15

The home one is ok but I think the new away one if all black/gold will be a good seller.
The best strips were brought out when the GM was that Mike....not going to try and spell his last name but they were really good kits Imo.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 12:25

The blue away top from 1998 had a gold badge too. I didn`t think there was any real reason behind it.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 12:45

Was an old regime attempt at something new. Mind Yorkston talking about it at some point.

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 14:12

Remember the home avec kit around then was a cookie cutter job, had it on in Rhodes that summer and kept getting mixed up for Grimsby even down to the sponsor logo and colour being similar to Autowindscreens.

The black away top is probably my all time favourite even withstanding the material which resembled the underside of a carpet.

---------------------------------------------------------------


"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 15:00

The black/gold Avec is a holy grail top, been asked to sell mine several times. Not a chance!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
-
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 16:56

That tinkering with the club badge to all gold is a disgrace. Whoever sanctioned that the first time was bad enough, but to repeat it is criminal.

An affront to Dunfermline Athletic
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 17:10

Quote:

red-star-par, Tue 2 Jul 16:56

That tinkering with the club badge to all gold is a disgrace. Whoever sanctioned that the first time was bad enough, but to repeat it is criminal.

An affront to Dunfermline Athletic




"How did I hurt you, RSP?"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 13:44

New away one looks like it could be a cracker from the teaser sent out.





Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Ahoy!Ahoy!  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 14:34

What’s this teaser?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 14:37

Email newsletter from the club, they have a sneak peek of it. It looks like it could be sensational.

Kit released tomorrow.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Ahoy!Ahoy!  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 15:27

Just checked and found it. That is going to be beautiful.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 15:28

Quote:

Ahoy!Ahoy!, Wed 10 Jul 14:34

What’s this teaser?


It looks black with black satin stripes and a gold badge.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Ahoy!Ahoy!  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 17:23

Looks black with thin gold pinstripes.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Lucho_8  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 17:32

Looks good but our massive SRJ ugly sponsor will ruin it.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 17:36

Quote:

Lucho_8, Wed 10 Jul 17:32

Looks good but our massive SRJ ugly sponsor will ruin it.


That`s the spirit 👏

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 18:07

Quote:

Ahoy!Ahoy!, Wed 10 Jul 17:23

Looks black with thin gold pinstripes.


That’s how it looked to me. Had to double check after Jake’s post lol





Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 18:28

This could be sensational!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 19:27

Could be a thing of beauty.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 20:55

Hopefully the SRJ logo fits the style this time.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: JnrB  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 06:08

My guess is the logo will be gold to suit.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: SusieQ  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 12:16

If it`s got a gold badge it`s a no for me - we have one of the best badges going. No need to change it`s colour(s).

Same when it was on the grey strips a few years ago.

Just no.


COME ON YE PARS!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 12:35

Quote:

SusieQ, Thu 11 Jul 12:16

If it`s got a gold badge it`s a no for me - we have one of the best badges going. No need to change it`s colour(s).

Same when it was on the grey strips a few years ago.

Just no.


It is. You can see it in the picture





Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 17:46

What picture?
Sorry see it on an email
Looks like they’ve kept the red in the badge?

Post Edited (Thu 11 Jul 17:48)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 18:44

from the preview this strip looks a thing of beauty - just wait till its got a bright pink sponsor though 🙄
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 19:00

That is smart as feck

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 19:03

Lovely strip
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 19:04

Cracking away kit…looks class and iv been ordered to get the top at East End tomm.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 19:05

Best strip in a long time. Also credit to srj for ditching the blue logo for the gold.

c'mon the pars

Post Edited (Thu 11 Jul 19:05)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 19:05

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Thu 11 Jul 19:05

Best strip in a long time. Also credit to srj for ditching the blue logo for the gold.


c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 19:07

Great video too.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 19:21

Is it gold stripes on the back too or is it just solid black?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 19:22

Classy-looking kit; much better than last season`s.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: rsmith  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 19:22

Away kit is very smart. Was going to maybe get my 2 year old a strip this year. Checked the website and the price says £55 for the home one. Assuming it’s not a mistake and the away one is the same, that can’t be right surely? That’s more than it would be for an adult one

Post Edited (Thu 11 Jul 19:25)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 19:28

What time is the club shop open tomm?

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 19:31

Quote:

rsmith, Thu 11 Jul 19:22

Away kit is very smart. Was going to maybe get my 2 year old a strip this year. Checked the website and the price says £55 for the home one. Assuming it’s not a mistake and the away one is the same, that can’t be right surely? That’s more than it would be for an adult one


Where are you seeing that? I can`t see it on the website and says tomorrow for it going on sale.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: allanwilson10  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 19:33

rsmith - the £55 is for the full mini kit so includes the shorts and socks.

Not sure if you can buy the top on its own or not at these sizes.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: rsmith  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 19:33

Quote:

jake89, Thu 11 Jul 19:31

Quote:

rsmith, Thu 11 Jul 19:22

Away kit is very smart. Was going to maybe get my 2 year old a strip this year. Checked the website and the price says £55 for the home one. Assuming it’s not a mistake and the away one is the same, that can’t be right surely? That’s more than it would be for an adult one


Where are you seeing that? I can`t see it on the website and says tomorrow for it going on sale.


That’s me just going by the home mini kit prices mate. That one is on the shop just now, assuming the away kit will be the same price

https://dafc.co.uk/product/24-25-home-mini-kit/

Post Edited (Thu 11 Jul 19:56)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 19:37

The home top is £42, would imagine same price for the away?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 19:52

Cracking top. Trim on the sleeves same design as original collar. Badge same as that top too. Original is only pars top I own. Might have to make this my second.





Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 21:43

Nice top, good to see Kane make his first appearance ;-)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: parak obama  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 22:17

It`s here and it`s perfect!

[IMG]https://share2.co.uk/f/1152_471_P300411_16.49_[02].jpg[/IMG]
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 06:58

The strip is cracking, but in my opinion ,the way the badge is attached looks cheap and tacky.
It`s the same on the other tops also.
Would`ve finished it better if the badge had been incorporated the same as the srj logo.

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 10:04

Lovely strip, going to need a 3rd kit though aren`t we, run into a team in black and white and potentially both kits will clash.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 10:08

Can’t get on site to buy them just now





Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 10:12

Quote:

Westies squint kicks, Fri 12 Jul 10:04

Lovely strip, going to need a 3rd kit though aren`t we, run into a team in black and white and potentially both kits will clash.


I think Craig mentioned that there may be a 3rd kit launched in 6 weeks.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 10:19

Quote:

DJAS, Fri 12 Jul 10:08

Can’t get on site to buy them just now


Struggle to get on site then they aren’t there anyway lol





Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 10:21

That is a beautiful strip—as good as any I can remember in the last twenty years. I am looking forward to seeing the team play in that one.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 11:05

First Pars top I`ve bought in yonks. Absolute belter.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 12:01

Sorry I got the prices wrong. Just bought ours. It was £42 for a kids size YXS and £52 for a L
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: FA1968  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 12:24

Top effort from the club and errea, the away shirt should be a top seller.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 12:27

Quote:

FA1968, Fri 12 Jul 12:24

Top effort from the club and errea, the away shirt should be a top seller.


Big queue this morning

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 12:54

Club are aware of issues on the website for buying the new strips and are trying to sort it.

Not a surprise given the amount of people all trying to purchase at the same time - and it’s great that they’re so popular!

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 13:24

Despite my opinion of the badge finish, bought one this morning and it`s cracking. Well done to the club and errea for this effort 👏👏

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Hockeyboy  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 13:41

Been trying to order one all morning......on one occasion I even managed to get a top in the basket before it crashed 😂

There may be a long unproductive afternoon ahead of me!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 13:46

Forever known as the top that brought the website down 😂
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 13:53

This must be a first - virtual unanimity on the Football Forum! 😊😊😊

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 14:05

Noo if they sold them as sports 👗 I’d be right in there.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 14:13

Not showing on the shop website anymore

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 15:16

Just been in shop.
Selling like hot cakes.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 16:12

Wait for the melt down ,when the club take ages to reorder ,supply more of these.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 16:17

Have we sold out already??
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Lucho_8  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 17:09

Would have been better with a proper collar and the same pattern on the edge as the sleeves.

Still nice but could have been even better.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 17:11

Quote:

Lucho_8, Fri 12 Jul 17:09

Would have been better with a proper collar and the same pattern on the edge as the sleeves.

Still nice but could have been even better.


Not so sure about the pattern on the edge but 100% with you on the collar, that would’ve made it perfect. Still an excellent effort, best in a while.

Post Edited (Fri 12 Jul 17:12)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 17:20

So I got mine and the wee boys first pars top today. I`ve got to say £55 for the kids ones needs checked. I`m sure I won`t be the only one who would like there to be a shirt only option which must reduce the cost. Before the usual culprits bang on about if you can`t afford it don`t buy it patter it`s still a bit much for what it is.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 17:39

How much for a full Rangers kit for a sprog?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: rsmith  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 17:40

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Fri 12 Jul 17:20

So I got mine and the wee boys first pars top today. I`ve got to say £55 for the kids ones needs checked. I`m sure I won`t be the only one who would like there to be a shirt only option which must reduce the cost. Before the usual culprits bang on about if you can`t afford it don`t buy it patter it`s still a bit much for what it is.


Yeah that’s what I was saying yesterday. Ridiculous price for a top that likely won’t fit them for the full season, was hoping it was maybe a mistake on the website but appears not
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 17:47

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 12 Jul 17:39

How much for a full Rangers kit for a sprog?


£55





Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 18:14

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 12 Jul 17:39

How much for a full Rangers kit for a sprog?


Unsure I don`t support rangers??

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 18:16

Quote:

rsmith, Fri 12 Jul 17:40

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Fri 12 Jul 17:20

So I got mine and the wee boys first pars top today. I`ve got to say £55 for the kids ones needs checked. I`m sure I won`t be the only one who would like there to be a shirt only option which must reduce the cost. Before the usual culprits bang on about if you can`t afford it don`t buy it patter it`s still a bit much for what it is.


Yeah that’s what I was saying yesterday. Ridiculous price for a top that likely won’t fit them for the full season, was hoping it was maybe a mistake on the website but appears not


Would be interesting if there is a top only option instead of top and shorts. By the time the kit is released and the fact we hardly get the sun shorts won`t be that much of a must have for infant kits anyway.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 18:36

Quote:

DJAS, Fri 12 Jul 17:47

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 12 Jul 17:39

How much for a full Rangers kit for a sprog?


£55


So the price is fair then. I get the point that you`d rather just buy the top but I`d imagine a fair percentage of cake eaters would want the full kit and for top shorts and socks that seems a fair deal

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 19:16

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 12 Jul 18:36

Quote:

DJAS, Fri 12 Jul 17:47

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 12 Jul 17:39

How much for a full Rangers kit for a sprog?


£55


So the price is fair then. I get the point that you`d rather just buy the top but I`d imagine a fair percentage of cake eaters would want the full kit and for top shorts and socks that seems a fair deal


Not quite,considering we only offer shorts and top coincidentally the same rangers one is £45. £55 for a full kit.

c'mon the pars

Post Edited (Fri 12 Jul 19:23)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: StevenPar77  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 19:20

Silly question, but are the sizes as expected, in that is an XL actually an XL?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 19:22

My Medium was spot on

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 19:24

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 12 Jul 18:36

Quote:

DJAS, Fri 12 Jul 17:47

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 12 Jul 17:39

How much for a full Rangers kit for a sprog?


£55


So the price is fair then. I get the point that you`d rather just buy the top but I`d imagine a fair percentage of cake eaters would want the full kit and for top shorts and socks that seems a fair deal


Wouldn’t say it was fair, not that I need to buy they sizes , regardless of team I would say it was excessive . I’m assuming you already knew though given you picked rangers. Quick google search showed Celtic, Hibs etc were a bit cheaper.





Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 19:26

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Fri 12 Jul 19:16

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 12 Jul 18:36

Quote:

DJAS, Fri 12 Jul 17:47

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 12 Jul 17:39

How much for a full Rangers kit for a sprog?


£55


So the price is fair then. I get the point that you`d rather just buy the top but I`d imagine a fair percentage of cake eaters would want the full kit and for top shorts and socks that seems a fair deal


Not quite,considering we only offer shorts and top coincidentally the same rangers one is £45. £55 for a full kit.


Fair enough mate, I stand corrected

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 19:26

Quote:

DJAS, Fri 12 Jul 19:24

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 12 Jul 18:36

Quote:

DJAS, Fri 12 Jul 17:47

Quote:

da_no_1, Fri 12 Jul 17:39

How much for a full Rangers kit for a sprog?


£55


So the price is fair then. I get the point that you`d rather just buy the top but I`d imagine a fair percentage of cake eaters would want the full kit and for top shorts and socks that seems a fair deal


Wouldn’t say it was fair, not that I need to buy they sizes , regardless of team I would say it was excessive . I’m assuming you already knew though given you picked rangers. Quick google search showed Celtic, Hibs etc were a bit cheaper.


No I didn`t know. I just plucked them out of thin air.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 20:17

£55 for a full kit is an absolute rip, especially the baby kits that last 6 months……I used to work in JJB years ago and a full kit was £30 Im sure. But the prices for football kits these days are astronomical - shorts are scandalous pricing now across the board.

ETA - the training gear is lovely, but £35 for a tshirt is outrageous….

Post Edited (Fri 12 Jul 20:17)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 20:30

JJB has been shut for about 15 years!

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Paralytic77  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 21:38

£75 for a 2 year old strip with name and number delivered is crazy 😡
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 21:49

Can anyone remember what number faulconbridge wore that day against Celtic?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Ahoy!Ahoy!  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 21:57

Looking at the video I’d take a guess at 14.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Taxipar  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 23:09

Quote:

StevenPar77, Fri 12 Jul 19:20

Silly question, but are the sizes as expected, in that is an XL actually an XL?


Go for 2XL as I feel they’re small made

A par since 1985
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 23:15

Looks like it has sold out all adult sizes

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 00:57

Around 500 Away shirts sold in only 6 hours this afternoon! 🔥

Very limited numbers now left

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 01:09

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Sat 13 Jul 00:57

Around 500 Away shirts sold in only 6 hours this afternoon! 🔥

Very limited numbers now left


Nice wee earner for the club. Just shows you, what happens, when you get things right.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: neilholland999  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 07:26

Perhaps in future the club should consider letting supporters pre-order new kit, so they can better gauge how many need to be ordered in etc?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 07:28

Hopefully they’ll order more in, with the hype around them they could easily sell another 250/300.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 07:37

I remember we had that before and the club didn`t re order because joma had a minimum order and I don`t think you could order more of the popular sizes and less of the other ones. Unsure if we will have a similar deal with errea.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 10:17

Really they should be thinking ahead. Get the promotional photos out for the strip before the end of the season, take pre paid orders for it so they know how many they need and have them on sale/ ready for collection before the start of the school holidays for all those that want to head away on holiday with the new kit. I always feel they seem to be scrambling around trying to get the kit out
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 10:37

The #DAFC Club shop is open from 10am-12noon today.

Please note, there are very limited numbers of the youth and adults away kits remaining in store, with all adult sizes now sold out online.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 10:39

An absolute shambles. Never got a sniff. Sold out on line and nothing but XS sizes left. No answer on phone either. Whos running this sh1t show?

Those who were working 9-5 yesterday never got a sniff either. Web site was unreachable most of yesterday too. So unless you could actually get to EEP you had next to no chance. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.



Post Edited (Sat 13 Jul 10:40)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 10:57

Quote:

GG4, Sat 13 Jul 10:39

An absolute shambles. Never got a sniff. Sold out on line and nothing but XS sizes left. No answer on phone either. Whos running this sh1t show?

Those who were working 9-5 yesterday never got a sniff either. Web site was unreachable most of yesterday too. So unless you could actually get to EEP you had next to no chance. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.



I`ve just come from the shop they have 3 people working at the counter and they are run off their feet they are doing a great job.

Plus folk want to pick up season tickets so that all takes time.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Geordiepar  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 11:32

Quote:

GG4, Sat 13 Jul 10:39

An absolute shambles. Never got a sniff. Sold out on line and nothing but XS sizes left. No answer on phone either. Whos running this sh1t show?

Those who were working 9-5 yesterday never got a sniff either. Web site was unreachable most of yesterday too. So unless you could actually get to EEP you had next to no chance. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.


I work 9-5 and managed to order a top online yesterday. They obviously had an issue with the online shop which they eventually resolved.

Imagine producing a kit which the fans love and demand was so high they sold out quickly. I imagine the stock levels were based on historic sales/what Errea could supply and hopefully won’t be long before back in stock.

Some people just look for a reason to be negative.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 12:04

From the club x account 2 hours ago

“Away kit will be reordered and restocked. We will update supporters accordingly 🏁”

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 12:08

GeordiePar - I coulnt give 2 flying ***** if its negative or not. The club could`ve handled this so much better. RSP suggestion above being one.

Very frustrating and bully for you managing to get on line before it closed down. Give yourself a pat on the back.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 12:14

Quote:

GG4, Sat 13 Jul 12:08

GeordiePar - I coulnt give 2 flying ***** if its negative or not. The club could`ve handled this so much better. RSP suggestion above being one.

Very frustrating and bully for you managing to get on line before it closed down. Give yourself a pat on the back.


Anger management course working out?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Geordiepar  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 12:33

Quote:

red-star-par, Sat 13 Jul 10:17

Really they should be thinking ahead. Get the promotional photos out for the strip before the end of the season, take pre paid orders for it so they know how many they need and have them on sale/ ready for collection before the start of the school holidays for all those that want to head away on holiday with the new kit. I always feel they seem to be scrambling around trying to get the kit out


This does sound a very decent suggestion. However given that absolutely no club at our level does this (that I am aware of) suggests there may be valid reasons why this wouldn’t work. I’m not saying there are, or what obstacles there might be. Maybe something to ask the club why they don’t do this?

Post Edited (Sat 13 Jul 12:34)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 12:35

Do one Jake.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 12:40

Quote:

Geordiepar, Sat 13 Jul 12:33

Quote:

red-star-par, Sat 13 Jul 10:17

Really they should be thinking ahead. Get the promotional photos out for the strip before the end of the season, take pre paid orders for it so they know how many they need and have them on sale/ ready for collection before the start of the school holidays for all those that want to head away on holiday with the new kit. I always feel they seem to be scrambling around trying to get the kit out


This does sound a very decent suggestion. However given that absolutely no club at our level does this (that I am aware of) suggests there may be valid reasons why this wouldn’t work. I’m not saying there are, or what obstacles there might be. Maybe something to ask the club why they don’t do this?


We did this with the UEFA Cup shirts back in the day.I pre-ordered mine and collected it once I returned from holiday.I think we were already out by that point🤣I can`t remember exactly but maybe there was only 1000 made and you had to pre-order?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 12:44


I suspect the club have simply been overwhelmed by the sales and their staff are working hard to remedy it.

GG4 (and anyone else) next time you want something from the club shop give me a bell. I’ve collected (and arranged collections via other Pars fans) for a few years now - especially folk who live / work outwith Dunfermline. 😊

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 12:51

Thank you Buffy. That`s very nice of you to offer your services to help out others. You are a star unlike some i could name above.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 13:06

I`ve missed out on the first run, gutted but completely understand that it`s a fine balance for clubs at our level. They can`t exactly stick an order in for 3000 shirts then be left with 2000 dead stock shirts come the end of the season.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 13:39

Quote:

GG4, Sat 13 Jul 12:35

Do one Jake.


😂
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Swisspar  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 15:57

Quote:

SusieQ, Thu 11 Jul 12:16

If it`s got a gold badge it`s a no for me - we have one of the best badges going. No need to change it`s colour(s).

Same when it was on the grey strips a few years ago.

Just no.


I`m not a fan of monochrome badges, they should be displayed in their full colours. I`m not just talking about the Pars in this aspect.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 17:33

Quote:

GG4, Sat 13 Jul 12:08

GeordiePar - I coulnt give 2 flying ***** if its negative or not. The club could`ve handled this so much better. RSP suggestion above being one.

Very frustrating and bully for you managing to get on line before it closed down. Give yourself a pat on the back.


You ok babes you need a wee cuddle?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: GG4  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 17:44

Ram it dicksplash

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 17:58

Stay classy neebs

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 18:00

Has anyone asked the club if you can make a pre order booking ,sure something can be agreed upon ,I`m sure the club are not making it difficult ,my understanding is the first 500 were released and additional 500 released for sale today .
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 19:42

Quote:

Rigger Al, Sat 13 Jul 18:00

Has anyone asked the club if you can make a pre order booking ,sure something can be agreed upon ,I`m sure the club are not making it difficult ,my understanding is the first 500 were released and additional 500 released for sale today .


In theory it would work but it would require the strips to be released a month maybe more before they were mass produced in order for them to set pre order up so we could then say to errea this is what we need by this date but we would also like 2-3 hundred more for general sale

But If I’m being honest the club made the right call to take the shop offline until the shop had closed for the day I’d have been raging if I got to the front of the line only to be told sorry all sold but once the the came online again I managed to get the two sizes I was after no bother even if I did have to sneak away and hide at work to order them
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 20:36

I think people are forgetting a few things.

1. There are minimum orders. I don`t know what they are but it`s likely the cost goes down the more you order in one go (but obviously the risk of unsold tops goes up the more you buy).

2. Each order will be a mix of sizes meaning, just like in any shop, you`ll find the ones left are XS or XXL.

3. The club has the data from each season on tops sold so doesn`t need a pre-order as it already knows how many it`s going to sell.

However, this season they`ve clearly pulled it out the bag and underestimated just how popular this top was going to be. They`ve got another order in so people should easily be able to get one before the start of the season proper. It`s not like it`s a limited run and people are flogging them for 3 times the price on eBay!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 22:25

The people in the club shop are the last people anyone should be having a go at just to point out.
The club can’t order an excess of strips in a hope and prayer they sell but it is fair to say they didn’t anticipate how popular this away top would be.
Good news is they are ordering another large batch though and I can see it overtaking the home top for the first time in my experience as a fan.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 22:33

Plenty of new tops on show today. Looks really good 👍

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Sun 14 Jul 04:04

Just been thinking how good would it be if this seasons third kit was an ode to the denim blue away kit we had for the 96/97 season
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Sun 14 Jul 05:56

3rd Strip anyone?



[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Sun 14 Jul 06:40

https://images.app.goo.gl/FxN6z9v9ZLcccYCW9
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sun 14 Jul 08:32

Is there a need for a 3rd kit ?

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: This seasons strips
Topic Originator: Turps  
Date:   Thu 18 Jul 14:47

Club now taking pre-orders of the away strip.

Click here
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 


Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:
   
 Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net