DAFC.net
Home 06 July 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Rhys Breen
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 13:08

Was going to pop this up at the time but slipped my mind.

I had my eight year old son at the open day last weekend and was his first experience of anything like this in terms of meeting the players / staff.

Everyone was really good with him in terms of photos and autographs but the one guy who left a definite lasting impression was Rhys Breen.

Took a good 5+ minutes or so to speak individually with him, was genuinely interested in his own football and even standing listening to him myself i was really impressed by how he carried himself and interacted with everyone. Seemed a genuinely nice big guy (he is a unit!) and great ambassador for the club.....dare i say future captain material if not here then somewhere else.

Can be very much doom and gloom on here - myself included - but wanted to give this a mention as the wee man now has a new favourite player by virtue of that interaction alone :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."

Post Edited (Wed 03 Jul 14:21)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Rhys Breen
Topic Originator: theparsman1885  
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 13:16

Great post.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 13:18

Rhys is a really decent guy! Looks proper down to earth and happy all the time lol

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 13:26

I`m privileged to work with all the players as I coordinate the Pars Tackle Health school visits. All the players are great with the kids, and Rhys is especially so.

Rhys`s first such visit was to McLean PS a couple of years ago. After it, he said, "This is great. I`d happily do this every week." πŸ™‚ I mentioned it to Dave Mackay, who organises the player rota, but Rhys didn`t get any extra sessions. 😟

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 13:34

I saw his interview at the Open Day and was struck by his genuine enthusiasm for the occasion.

It`s good to read some good news on here. After two friendlies and less than halfway through the transfer window I can`t say the comments so far fill me with much enthusiasm for the coming season.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 14:11

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 3 Jul 13:34

I saw his interview at the Open Day and was struck by his genuine enthusiasm for the occasion.

It`s good to read some good news on here. After two friendlies and less than halfway through the transfer window I can`t say the comments so far fill me with much enthusiasm for the coming season.

Brighten up!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 14:15

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 3 Jul 13:34

Maybe that`s because we have been less than impressive in the games and we still have a majority of the players who limped to safety last season. Negative maybe but unfortunately that`s where we are.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 14:17

I`ll maybe recover my enthusiasm by the time Wimbledon and the Euros are over, LA! It`ll be good to see the back of the GE campaign too!

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 14:35

Not going to lie, shirt printing for Breen will be cheaper than Ritchie-Hosler when birthday time comes so every cloud and all that.....;-)

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 14:42

Can you not persuade him to like Tod or Todd/Otoo/Kane?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shellypar  
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 14:49

Rhys is a top top lad, met him a few times in the shops and he is more than happy to talk to you for however long, he is a great ambassador for the club, and its great to hear how engaged players are in the schools programme, no matter how bad the football is, it does make me proud how the players carry themselves off the pitch

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 15:10

He`s a good lad, Rhys is

Post Edited (Wed 03 Jul 15:10)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 15:19

Rhys Breen Baby 🎢🎡
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 16:11

Good post TAFKA

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KnebworthPar  
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 18:01

He’s one I’m looking forward to watching this season. Hopefully he can keep fit week in week out, decent player there I feel.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 22:57

Good lad Rhys but please save your latent mean streak for the opposition. Don`t want you being too nice on the park, if you know what I mean?😏

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bamba-Daft  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 13:55

Said the same after the calendar signing, he was great with our 8 year old. Showed a genuine interest in his football, asking him where he plays and his recent scores etc.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
Β© 2021-- DAFC.net