DAFC.net
Home 07 July 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Supporter Group Update
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 17:18

Article up on the website which I’m struggling with as I don’t understand the value it’s trying to add as it tells us pretty much nothing.

Other than the topics that were discussed, pointless putting an article up without detailing the output, just all fluff.

Anyone here that can elaborate a little?

Need to be careful this doesn’t create an unnecessary divide between the supporters clubs and the general fanbase as the communication across the club isn’t exactly brilliant.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Supporter Group Update
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 17:45

i took it as another advert for it and when the next one is really.

most of what is said at any of these types of things appears online anyway and its fair enough they hear the results etc in person but the club should also put out something themselves shortly after the last meeting, maybe that will happen after the next one?

Post Edited (Thu 04 Jul 17:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 17:46

I thought it was giving notice that the next meeting was on Monday 8 July and inviting interested parties to form their own group if they wanted to get involved.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 17:58

It feels a bit late to tell people how to form a supporters group if the next meeting is Monday!

The article feels a bit clumsy. All it needed to say was:

There is a supporters meeting on Monday. This is for supporters groups only. Here is guidance on how to form a supporters group. Here is a summary of what was discussed at the last meeting and what has happened since then.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 18:06

It read to me like they were promoting they had their meeting to discuss a lot of good stuff (which they haven’t shared) and they’re setting up another one soon and if interested set up your own supporters group.

I don’t really want to have to join or set up a supporter group to find out updates on those subjects from the club.

Do we also really need a whole load of supporter groups?!

I’d rather hear direct from the club and not second hand through those groups as well as inevitably the messages dilute and can be misconstrued.

Post Edited (Thu 04 Jul 18:07)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 21:05

This whole thing seems like a load of nonsense to me. There`s plenty of supporters groups already, I can`t really see the need for any more. The first time it was mentioned they said the couple of folk you go to the matches or pub with could be considered a supporters group- seems like a load of old cobblers to me.

They have had a couple of weeks daft meetings with these supporters clubs to try and slip out their message. I don`t see what use that is. They don`t appear to have confidence in what their message is and want to test the waters and spread it through Chinese Whispers.

For me, it just makes me feel disenfranchised from the club, they only want to talk to their wee supporters clubs rather the the actual support as a whole.

The whole strategy behind this appears amateurish, unprofessional, lacking confidence and clarity.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 21:40

The approach makes sense to me. Get reps from the supporters groups to keep it small rather than opening it up to every man (or woman) and their dog.

However, it defeats the purpose if you can then create your own supporters group consisting if you, your two kids and your granny and then agree you`re the rep 😂
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net