DAFC.net
Home 04 August 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Giosue Bellagambi
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 9 Jul 21:21

I`ve not seen it named on here, but I see in The Courier it mentions that Giosue Bellagambi, is the young goalkeeper we have on trial at the moment. Not that young actually almost 23 and just released by Huddersfield. Not much actual experience other than 15 games in a couple of loan spells at Ebbsfleet in the National League South and Spennymoor in National League North and warming the bench at Salford. Bizarrely, he`s got a full cap for Uganda. He qualifies for them due to his Italian father travelling to england to watch Fiorentina play Arsenal in 1999, where he met (and seeming got very friendly with) his Ugandan mother. Sounds like a fruitful away game
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Giosue Bellagambi
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 00:40

You deserve an award for spelling his name correctly red star par. Quite a mouthful and if we signed him, the BBC Scotland commentators might need some practice before the match. But if he did the business in our neck of the woods, he`d become a household name. The name, of course, may be wholly Italian or maybe a mixture of Italian and Ugandan.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 01:18

Quote:

Paralex, Wed 10 Jul 00:40

The name, of course, may be wholly Italian or maybe a mixture of Italian and Ugandan.

I`m sure GG will be along soon to keep us all right, but I imagine his first name is simply the Italian equivalent of Joshua, and his last name sounds completely Italian - it`s almost (but not quite) "Goodlegs".

His middle name is apparently Ebong, which I presume is from his mother`s side - the language in Uganda is Swahili.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 8000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 06:47

Right on cue..... 😀

Stanza is spot on with his analysis.

I can`t agree with Paralex`s suggestion that his name is "a mouthful." Italian is a very phonetic language, and the vast majority of children can read it fluently by the end of their first year at school.

Contrast that with English, which is an absolute nightmare with pronunciation of similar looking words oftrn being wildly different. e.g. though and through. My "favourite" sentence is, "There is a pool of blood on the floor." Try and explain that to someone learning English as a second language. 🙄

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 09:51

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 10 Jul 06:47

Right on cue..... 😀

Stanza is spot on with his analysis.

I can`t agree with Paralex`s suggestion that his name is "a mouthful." Italian is a very phonetic language, and the vast majority of children can read it fluently by the end of their first year at school.

Contrast that with English, which is an absolute nightmare with pronunciation of similar looking words oftrn being wildly different. e.g. though and through. My "favourite" sentence is, "There is a pool of blood on the floor." Try and explain that to someone learning English as a second language. 🙄

I have a Belgian friend who used the example of Ghoti as how stupid English is. He used to explain that ghoti is pronounced fish in English.
I was surprised that this was an example in Wikipedia too.

gh, pronounced /f/ as in enough /ɪˈnʌf/ or tough /tʌf/;
o, pronounced /ɪ/ as in women /ˈwɪmɪn/;
ti, pronounced /ʃ/ as in nation /ˈneɪʃən/ or motion /ˈmoʊʃən/.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 11:30

I thought Brian Clough visited Slough. How lucky we are that so many people across the world learn English as a second or third language.

Post Edited (Wed 10 Jul 11:31)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 12:24

English is literally one of the easiest languages to learn.

Ep.17 of East End Tales is out now with Andrius Skerla

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/15082607
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 13:20

Is it still the lingua franca of the EU?

That used to get right up the Froggies noses..

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 13:44

Lingua franca? That`s not English is it?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 16:39

Means ‘a language adopted as common language between speakers of different native tongues’

Lingua Franca is an Italian phrase that literally means ‘language of the Franks’, which originally was a mix of Italian, Spanish, French, Greek, Arabic

‘Frank’s’ historically referred to any/all Western Europeans.

To answer the question, yes, English is de facto the lingua franco of the European Institutions, but some (such as the EIB) require the ability to speak French too.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 16:46

I don`t think it`s a remotely difficult name to pronounce. Bella gambi (as in Disney`s Bambi).

I`ve been to Italy twice and it`s firmly my favourite country. The people are welcoming (not to mention a higher ratio of attractive to somewhat less attractive people from what I saw), amazing food and beautiful architecture. So many amazing well known and not so well known places to visit.

I actually got married there, on top of a castle, with the Mayor of the village reading the vows (obviously with a translator by his side). If only God or time travel was real, I could go back and not fudge everything up. I really don`t like me very much.

But I digress, Italy is amazing. If I win the lottery,I`ll be buying a second home there, or I might just emigrate and be done with Scotland altogether.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 17:58

Italy is my favourite country too KRF. I pretty much visit every year at least once.

My cousin also got married there and it was a beautiful intimate ceremony and the villagers were so warm, friendly and welcoming.

Heading there in October. Small fishing village called Massa Lubrensa about 50km outside Sorento

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 18:16

Italy is tremendous to visit. Wouldn`t live there, but amazing holiday location.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 19:34

Quote:

EastEndTales, Wed 10 Jul 12:24

English is literally one of the easiest languages to learn.

How did you arrive at that conclusion, EET? Is it because you learned it without any trouble? Neighbours of mine lived in Hong Kong for 2 years. Their 4 year old son spoke fluent Chinese. He couldn’t understand why his parents couldn`t understand him when he came in from playing with other kids. I wouldn`t say Chinese is easy.

English grammar is easier to master than that of many other languages, but reading and writing are a nightmare for English as a second language students.

Post Edited (Wed 10 Jul 19:34)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 20:00

I work for a translation company and I`m told that by people from literally every corner of the globe.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 20:03

GG is correct. Learning to speak English / broken English is relatively easy.
Reading and writing……spelling….an absolute nightmare……and I do know from experience……not myself obviously..

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 10 Jul 23:59

Perhaps Bellagambi could be easy enough to pronounce, if not remember, but Giosue might require some advice. I can`t profess to having any proficiency whatsoever, in any foreign language, having failed my French O-level twice, but I do have some experience as a teacher of English as a foreign language and can wholeheartedly agree that the anomalies in pronunciation of similarly spelt words is quite bizarre. However, I do absolutely love the language, and my admiration for my young friends, primarily from China, who have mastered English, knows no bounds.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 10:17

Quote:

Paralex, Wed 10 Jul 23:59

Perhaps Bellagambi could be easy enough to pronounce, if not remember, but Giosue might require some advice. I can`t profess to having any proficiency whatsoever, in any foreign language, having failed my French O-level twice, but I do have some experience as a teacher of English as a foreign language and can wholeheartedly agree that the anomalies in pronunciation of similarly spelt words is quite bizarre. However, I do absolutely love the language, and my admiration for my young friends, primarily from China, who have mastered English, knows no bounds.

Free Italian lesson for you hete, Paralex.

There is no `J` in the Italian alphabet and a g is pronounced hard like in golf when followed by an a, o or u. To make it soft, an `i` is inserted after the g, so Giosue is pronounced Josue. Note that the u and e are pronounced separately.

And while we`re at it, double consonants are pronounced differently from single ones, so his surname is not Belagambi but Bel-lagambi. I.e. the l is pronounced twice.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 10:40

Going way off topic now but Paralax you taught English as a foreign language but can only speak one language yourself? Wouldn`t that have made teaching it somewhat difficult since the students couldn`t already speak the only language you`d be able to converse with them in? Or am I misunderstanding what you did?

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 10:53

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Thu 11 Jul 10:40

Going way off topic now but Paralax you taught English as a foreign language but can only speak one language yourself? Wouldn`t that have made teaching it somewhat difficult since the students couldn`t already speak the only language you`d be able to converse with them in? Or am I misunderstanding what you did?

Paralex may correct me but I`m fairly sure the emphasis in these classes is to get the learners conversing in English, TOWK. If the teacher speaks the learner`s first language it cou3ld conceivably slow down their progress. To learn a new language, you really have to immerse yourself in it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 11:53

Correct GG my wife was a full time TESOL teacher of asylum seekers in Clydebank College and not proficient in a second language. Our teaching in Glasgow was mainly to Chinese students studying in English, who required further tuition but with our teaching in China, there were Mandarin speakers proficient in English to translate if required. But it seldom was required since most Chinese young people learn English at school and have a good basic grounding.

But getting back onto topic, I`ll try to remember that Josoo Bel-lagambi, is the correct pronunciation. I have been to Italy about 10 times and the words destro and sinistro, I learned from the Rome underground as the voice on the speaker indicated which side of the train to exit from.

And getting well off topic again, Rome is my favourite city in Europe, great climate, fantastic ancient ruins, wonderful piazzas (and pizzas), beautiful basilicas, incredible catacombs, glorious fountains, splendid architecture and what about the Michelangelos and Carravagios. Please stop me, I`m salivating and longing to go back again.

Post Edited (Thu 11 Jul 12:50)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 12:56

Don`t tell an Italian that Rome has good pizza, whatever you do! See Naples and die (after having authentic pizza from DA Michele or somewhere similar).

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 13:07

As we`ve taken so much time to establish how to pronounce his name I hope we sign him!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 13:27

Yes, maybe a bit of poetic license about the pizzas Kelty and even if we don`t sign the lad, Wee eck, the linguistic digressions have been very informative.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: answer  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 13:38

Best pizza I`ve ever had was in Glasgow.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 13:45

I just can`t help myself. 😀

The plural of pizza is pizze not pizzas and the goalie`s name is pronounced Jo-soo -eh. Bel-la-gam-bee.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 14:05

Na, GG, in English the plural of pizza is definitely pizzas. Ask any Scottish youth ordering up two from any pizza delivery outlet. And yes, there is a certain melodic aspect to the Italian language, which was, demonstrated some years ago, with no great quality, by several Scottish footballers, who had the great good fortune play in Italy. I believe Joe Jordan`s parliamo Italiano was the worst ever attempted.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 14:06

No doubt the players will find a nickname which is easier for them to handle!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 17:48

Quote:

Paralex, Thu 11 Jul 14:05

Na, GG, in English the plural of pizza is definitely pizzas. Ask any Scottish youth ordering up two from any pizza delivery outlet. And yes, there is a certain melodic aspect to the Italian language, which was, demonstrated some years ago, with no great quality, by several Scottish footballers, who had the great good fortune play in Italy. I believe Joe Jordan`s parliamo Italiano was the worst ever attempted.

I believe Ian Rush wins the wooden spoon for that, Paralex. He spent a year at Juventus and complained that none o6f his teammates spoke English,

Paul Gascoigne learned to burp in Italian. 😀

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swainy  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 18:36

Quote:

answer, Thu 11 Jul 13:38

Best pizza I`ve ever had was in Glasgow.

Agreed!

D.A are the number one!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 21:14

`the goalie`s name is pronounced Jo-soo -eh. Bel-la-gam-bee.`

Given in scots we can`t agree on how to pronounce the letter J I`m still not entirely sure how to pronounce his first name.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 11 Jul 21:53

Quote:

pars4life1, Thu 11 Jul 21:14

`the goalie`s name is pronounced Jo-soo -eh. Bel-la-gam-bee.`

Given in scots we can`t agree on how to pronounce the letter J I`m still not entirely sure how to pronounce his first name.

It`s "jay" and anyone who says otherwise is a dirty weegie.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 00:41

I thought jaye as in "aye that`ll be right", was the Fife pronunciation and Jay as " it`s a fine day", was the Glasgow one. But what do I know.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 03:44

He is going to get "Joe".
If he is good, he might get "Super Joe".
Or is that bordering on blasphemy?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 03:53

Having the pronunciation issues out of the way, I have a question: Has he signed yet?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 12:26

Quote:

Paralex, Fri 12 Jul 00:41

I thought jaye as in "aye that`ll be right", was the Fife pronunciation and Jay as " it`s a fine day", was the Glasgow one. But what do I know.

Absolutely a Weegie thing. Same applies to calling Primark "Premark" and saying "did ye, aye?". Get it in the bin.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 19:07

Can he play tomorrow, if not who’s back up goalie?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 19:19

Quote:

PARadise, Fri 12 Jul 19:07

Can he play tomorrow, if not who’s back up goalie?

Probably the goalie coach unless the trialist signed and just not announced

Post Edited (Fri 12 Jul 19:19)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: obiwanyouknowme  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 19:24

We have youth goalies, Margetts may take his place in the bench.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 19:24

According to the Courier he hasn`t yet been offered a deal and won`t be in the squad tomorrow.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Fri 12 Jul 20:02

Margetts isnt old enough to be involved.

if we were down to one keeper because of an injury then ok, but not having another signed before the first competitive game when knowing months ago one was needed is poor.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 01:22

Young Margetts... is that one of Deek`s boys?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 07:22

Quote:

GJS93, Fri 12 Jul 20:02

Margetts isnt old enough to be involved.

if we were down to one keeper because of an injury then ok, but not having another signed before the first competitive game when knowing months ago one was needed is poor.

Agreed. We either want to sign him or not, if not get rid of him and look elsewhere.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 10:12

Quote:

OzPar, Sat 13 Jul 01:22

Young Margetts... is that one of Deek`s boys?

It is. He seems to be doing well and highly thought of. One for the future. I think the other one is at Kelty Hearts
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 11:23

According to the Courier we`ll have no keeper on the bench! If so, I don`t see how that`s compatible with the manager saying we`re taking this competition seriously and are determined to get to the knockout stages.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 11:25

The only solution would be to sign Bellagambi but is he decent enough?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 11:30

If he`s decent enough why hasn`t he been signed already? If he`s not considered good enough why is there no Plan B to get someone in for today`s match?

And what`s the position with the other trialist? It`s not so crucial as he`s an outfield player but he won`t be able to play in any more games as a trialist.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Geordiepar  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 11:37

I think the club get a lot of undue stick about a lot of things. However not having a back-up goalie as we begin competitive matches is astonishing inpetitude.

Don’t think anyone can defend the club on this one.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 11:42

It’s an absolute embarrassment a professional side won’t have a sub goalie on the bench for a game

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swifty  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 11:43

Difficult to defend the club on this one! Are we hoping to take Sharp on loan from Dundee?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 11:52

I haven`t seen an outfield player in goals for a while.

If Mehmet gets injured or suspended it will be panic stations trying to get somebody in for Tuesday night. I`ve played in goals at Ainslie Park and it isn`t the most forgiving surface either.It was in our last competitive game that Deniz went off with a mystery illness, too.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 12:00

I’m away for a lie down. wee eck has been critical of the club

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 12:06

Mehmet could get sent off and we`d be playing with 10 men and an outfield player in goals! He could take ill or get hurt overnight and we`d have no one to start in his place! Let`s see what the situation is this afternoon but it just seems an outrageous risk to take. Couldn`t we get someone in on a short-term loan to tide us over? I suppose Bellagambi could have been offered a deal but didn`t like the terms but we should have anticipated that contingency too.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 12:08

Aye, very good Raymie, but it`s not the first time.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 12:26

It’s a ridiculous situation and we have to hope Deniz gets through the game. I can only imagine McPake is looking to get someone in capable of challenging Deniz for the number one spot.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 12:27

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sat 13 Jul 12:00

I’m away for a lie down. wee eck has been critical of the club

And now he`s made a post that didn`t include a question, people are feeling dizzy everywhere.....😄
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 12:35

There was a question actually, in fact loads of them. What`s wrong with asking questions? (There`s another one for you!).

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 12:49

"Are we hoping to take Sharp on loan from Dundee?"

ive thought that for a while but there comes a point when you have to move on if its not happening whether that is Bellabambi or someone else.

even if you get through today, what about Tuesday? will the position be sorted before then?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 13:08

Will I be putting his name into the autocorrect or no’? That’s the question.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 13:18

The club have stated that they want a good cup run so to be going with only one keeper is amateurish. GB should have played the whole game against Dundee to better judge him.
We better have a plan B if he is not being signed. He looked OK to me.

Better communication has been promised. Not off to a good start now are we.

JM talking in riddles pre match regarding players available was the norm last season. Just be honest with us. Don’t think that the opposition will be too worried about us that we have to smoke screen them about one or two players availability tbh.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 14:06

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 13 Jul 12:06

Mehmet could get sent off and we`d be playing with 10 men and an outfield player in goals! He could take ill or get hurt overnight and we`d have no one to start in his place! Let`s see what the situation is this afternoon but it just seems an outrageous risk to take. Couldn`t we get someone in on a short-term loan to tide us over? I suppose Bellagambi could have been offered a deal but didn`t like the terms but we should have anticipated that contingency too.

I`m not sure the best way to flag this with admin, but I think wee eck has been hacked
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 18:56

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 13 Jul 12:06

A post critical of the club from wee eck and the pars free scoring in the same day. Strange days 😂
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 19:03

I call it as I see it. Apparently Mehmet wasn`t feeling 100% before the game.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 19:07

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 13 Jul 19:03

Hope you feel better soon, wee eck? 😂

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Sat 13 Jul 20:08

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sat 13 Jul 19:07

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 13 Jul 19:03

Hope you feel better soon, wee eck? 😂

😄😄
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Jul 12:11

"We better have a plan B if he is not being signed. He looked OK to me."

need a plan C, D, E and F too. Jacques Heragthy who was at Queens Park is on trial with Kelty the now, seems an obvious one but maybe the club have already looked and said no or been turned down.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Jul 12:57

Euros are over thankfully. Where is our second keeper???

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Jul 18:12

McPake in the Courier is saying they are looking at a few options for goalie but Bellagambi isn`t mentioned.

They`ve turned down another 5-figure offer from Crawley for Otoo which is way below the club`s valuation.

Bene is back training and should play tomorrow night but Wighton is still out and Breen is touch and go.

Liam Buchanan, who played with Taylor Sutherland when he was on loan at Bonnyrigg, was very impressed with him and thinks he has a great future in the game.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Jul 19:56

Surely we can’t go into a second game with only one keeper ?

Injury prone players was discussed on another thread…..Breen is surely. He can hardly string a handful of games together without getting injured it seems…

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Jul 20:26

Completely amateurish from the club. In fact utterly ridiculous.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 15 Jul 20:56

Need another CB as Breen seems to be made of chocolate

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kba990309  
Date:   Mon 15 Jul 21:03

Could it be the type of training the team is undertaking that`s the issue with players getting injured??

Keith allan
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Mon 15 Jul 21:13

Quote:

Geordiepar, Mon 15 Jul 20:26

Completely amateurish from the club. In fact utterly ridiculous.

It is pretty embarrassing. As a club we’ve definitely went backwards under the new ownership. It’s amateur hour.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 00:06

The club have made it clear they are not signing anyone who doesn`t improve the squad. They said they have options, so obviously, they have choices. Personally, I like that they don`t panic. They obviously weigh up the risk of a keeper getting injured with the consequence of signing a dud.
Does anyone know which of our outfield players would likely fill in if required?
Nothing amateurish or embarrassing about it, and we most certainly are not going backwards.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 03:05

Whilst I am broadly supportive of our club`s direction, I find some of these expressions of blind support for the club quite disheartening.

It should go without saying that there is much that is amateurish and embarrassing about not having a substitute goalkeeper available to play in a competitive match.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 05:28

Sounds daft at this time of year but surely the club can aquire a goalkeeper on an emergency loan to provide cover.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 06:23

Quote:

OzPar, Tue 16 Jul 03:05

Whilst I am broadly supportive of our club`s direction, I find some of these expressions of blind support for the club quite disheartening.

It should go without saying that there is much that is amateurish and embarrassing about not having a substitute goalkeeper available to play in a competitive match.

Agree totally. We managed to get away with it on Saturday. Maybe Bellagambi’s agent held off thinking they’d improve an offer? The Club shouldn’t be held to ransom.

I’m sure they’re working hard to rectify. Where’s the young goalie for the bench?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 07:12

Have to say it`s pretty poor not having 2 keepers available for selection.

However I'd stop short of saying it's "embarrassing" and "amateurish"

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Tue 16 Jul 07:13)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 07:38

By definition, only having one keeper in the squad is amateurish,

If someone else has to go in goals, it`ll be embarrassing.

Across the board, there are a lot of things we could improve on as a club.

I remember one of meggles first interviews when he was stating our 1st team goalkeeper was also the Gk coach and meggle used that as an example of how we could do things better.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 09:11

It`s not Sunday League we are playing in. A professional club playing in a cup competition with the potential to bring much needed revenue when we are supposed hard up is taking an unnecessary risk. Imagine if Mehmet got injured early in the game and had to go off and we lose the game because of it?
And some on here don`t see a problem...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 09:37

I`m surprised the club hasn`t sought out an emergency loan if they are still figuring out who they want to bring in on a more permanent basis, which I understand but when competitive action starts you should really have at least 2 senior goalkeepers minimum.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 10:11

I believe you can only get an emergency loan if all goalkeepers are unavailable due to injury etc, won`t apply during the transfer window
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 10:14

Yeah I guess it`s a self inflicted emergency by not signing another keeper. Let`s hope something gets sorted soon!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 10:16

So da no 1, If mehmet gets injured or sent off tonight, it wouldn’t be embarrassing if an outfielder has to go in goals?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 10:20

Usual suspects on here defending it though, that’s embarrassing in itself.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 10:36

Quote:

parsfan97, Tue 16 Jul 10:16

So da no 1, If mehmet gets injured or sent off tonight, it wouldn’t be embarrassing if an outfielder has to go in goals?

I said it`s pretty poor, did you not read my post fully.

I guess I`d only feel embarrassed if it was something I`d done or had any sort of influence over. I`m not sitting here at work ashamed to be a Pars fan because the club I support hasn`t got 2 goalies.

Hope that helps.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 10:45

It isn`t embarrassing
A bunch of guys with no idea what is going on or why isn`t going to make it so. Regardless of their insistence.

The folk in the know are not panicking, so I would guess they know more than us.

There will also be sensitive reasons why the "Entitled" have not been enlightened.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 10:52

It isn`t embarrassing but suggests poor planning. Don`t we even have a junior or reserves keeper who could sit on the bench?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 10:56

Repeat of last summer flapping about waiting for the right option to become available. The club knew months ago it needed a new keeper and should have made it a priority for pre season. It will be embarrassing if Den gets injured and we have no backup. What do I expect from Cook and Co….stretch it out saving a few quid running a bare bones squad. Imagine we do the usual flapping about for loans at the end of August. My expectations are one of struggle for the forthcoming season. That squad will not challenge for the title.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 11:01

Quote:

PARrot, Tue 16 Jul 10:45

It isn`t embarrassing
A bunch of guys with no idea what is going on or why isn`t going to make it so. Regardless of their insistence.

The folk in the know are not panicking, so I would guess they know more than us.

There will also be sensitive reasons why the "Entitled" have not been enlightened.

I am usually supportive of what the board are doing. I have no problem with their transfer policy generally, am quite optimistic about the coming season.

However we do know what is going on. We are playing competitive games, in a competition we want to do well and qualify for the knockout stage, which would bring in much needed revenue and we have no back-up goalkeeper. That is absolutely embarrassing for a professional club. No matter what the circumstances, it simply can’t be defended. Playing Russian roulette in the hope Mehmet isn’t ill/injured/sent off is in no way acceptable. If they aren’t panicking then they should be.

As mentioned I am very far from being critical of the club normally, but on this occasion have to call it as I see it.

There is simply no excuse for it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 11:02

Nearly two months has passed since they let Max Little go, so they knew the score from the day they decided he wasn`t good enough.

They might not be panicking but they should have certainly been more organised, 2nd tier club without a sub goalie in a competitive fixture is poor. Indeed we have a CEO mentioning cup runs and we can`t fill a bench properly in the 1st one we play. Ridiculous and preventable.

Post Edited (Tue 16 Jul 11:14)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 11:07

Should also mention that I was 50/50 on making a 300 mile round trip tonight to watch the match, as well as debating on buying a season ticket for the first time in a while even though I’ll only get to 50% or so of the home games.

The amateurism of the club has pissed me off enough that I won’t be going tonight and will wait and see about the season ticket.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Turps  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 11:54

I know he`s young but surely better having Thomas Margetts on the bench than no keeper st all?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LesliePar  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 11:56

Quote:

Turps, Tue 16 Jul 11:54

I know he`s young but surely better having Thomas Margetts on the bench than no keeper st all?

He can`t be registered since he`s only 15.

COYP!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 11:57

have to be 16 to be involved, he is still 15.

"I believe you can only get an emergency loan if all goalkeepers are unavailable due to injury etc, won`t apply during the transfer window"

neither part of that is true.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Turps  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 12:03

Ah, he only turned 15 in January. Born in 2009 to make us all feel old!

Where is Paul Smith when you need him...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 12:08

"The club have made it clear they are not signing anyone who doesn`t improve the squad."

Maybe just me, but I think having a second keeper (even if he ends up being third choice later and only plays reserve games) is better than not?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 12:20

I believe it was said they want someone who will fight for the number 1 spot and I wonder if that`s an issue. Surely most keepers will seek a guaranteed starting spot?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 12:22

Mcpake said post match Saturday that mehmet isn’t even 100%, would surely make it even more of a priority

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 12:32

I`m sure it IS a priority for the club.

Just because it`s a priority doesn`t mean the issue has been resolved.

My gut feeling is that we`re looking for new number 1 and with a limited budget we don`t won`t want to burn that budget on a backup/number 2 - hence we`ve decided to take the risk of compromising the cup run such that we can make a longer term investment in a starting goalie (which is harder to find than a back up).

I could be wrong - just a hunch.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 12:33

I`m not really surprised, to be honest. I`m growing more disillusioned by the day

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 12:49

Could have signed a keeper on a month deal/loan whilst we look for a permanent signing.

Whatever they are looking for, whether it is a new number 1, a back-up etc something needed to be in place BEFORE we started competitive matches.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 12:57

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Tue 16 Jul 12:33

I`m not really surprised, to be honest. I`m growing more disillusioned by the day

You sum up the general malaise perfectly. Since Ross left the club has become so detached from the regular fan it’s nigh impossible to get excited about this season.

David Cook and the owners had a huge opportunity to carry on the good work but with a poor squad/last season, expensive and poor commercial/hospitality offerings it seems a general flatness is in place
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 13:17

I`m not sure Ross would agree there was a `feel-good` atmosphere about the club when he was in charge. He and his family got a hard time from some fans away from the ground and that was no doubt a factor in his departure. He also got a lot of stick on here. Some fans have short memories.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 13:27

"Could have signed a keeper on a month deal/loan whilst we look for a permanent signing."

How many keepers looking for deals do you think would sign up for a month to sit on our bench, potentially taking themselves out of the shop window for a longer term contract? From a players perspective that`s an awful idea at this time of the season.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 13:27

Quote:

PARrot, Tue 16 Jul 00:06

The club have made it clear they are not signing anyone who doesn`t improve the squad. They said they have options, so obviously, they have choices. Personally, I like that they don`t panic. They obviously weigh up the risk of a keeper getting injured with the consequence of signing a dud.
Does anyone know which of our outfield players would likely fill in if required?
Nothing amateurish or embarrassing about it, and we most certainly are not going backwards.

It definitely has went backwards. On and off the park.

I can’t believe any fan can the defend the club from not having a back up keeper on the bench.

Have fans not learnt their lesson from the last time they blindly followed someone telling them everything at the club was rosey?

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 13:30

correct Bandy, and you also cant sign a player on a months loan.

more and more questions in the last couple of years since McPake came in and the changes to a "recruitment team", but you`ll never get the answers to come to a proper conclusion.

Post Edited (Tue 16 Jul 13:56)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 13:56

I disagree that things have gone backwards. People need to take off their rose-tinted specs. I`ll forever be grateful of Ross and co for what they did for the club, especially all the volunteers who loaned their time, skills and expertise. However, whilst I`d suggest the communications were better when Mikey was in post, other commercial matters appear to be better run and improving. That`s not a criticism of previous people involved but an acknowledgement of having full time people in positions.

I wouldn`t say things are much better but they`re definitely not worse, apart from the communications, which have definite room for improvement.

I`m sure the suggestions above have been tried. It IS concerning though that we have no-one in place despite having started the new season, but I would acknowledge the desire to get a challenger rather than a bench warmer. Big risk though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 13:58

Quote:

LesliePar, Tue 16 Jul 11:56

Quote:

Turps, Tue 16 Jul 11:54

He can`t be registered since he`s only 15.

Who on earth made that daft rule up? 🤔

this is why Scotlands so far behind 😂 wee Lamine Yamal playing in La Liga as a 15 year old but a 2nd tier side in Scotland cant name a sub goalie on bench because he’s 15…….couldn’t make it up
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 14:03

Quote:

jake89, Tue 16 Jul 13:56

I disagree that things have gone backwards. People need to take off their rose-tinted specs. I`ll forever be grateful of Ross and co for what they did for the club, especially all the volunteers who loaned their time, skills and expertise. However, whilst I`d suggest the communications were better when Mikey was in post, other commercial matters appear to be better run and improving. That`s not a criticism of previous people involved but an acknowledgement of having full time people in positions.

I wouldn`t say things are much better but they`re definitely not worse, apart from the communications, which have definite room for improvement.

I`m sure the suggestions above have been tried. It IS concerning though that we have no-one in place despite having started the new season, but I would acknowledge the desire to get a challenger rather than a bench warmer. Big risk though.

Under Ross McArthurs leadership we were a play off team in this league. He handed over the reigns to the new owners and we’ve been relegated and then struggled since returning to this flight (not beating our rivals in 6 games) and now don’t even have 2 keepers on the books going into competitive fixtures, with season ticket prices increased as well…….but its ok, we have a plastic pitch and some portacabins in Rosyth 😂

Post Edited (Tue 16 Jul 14:46)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 14:16

Quote:

Bandy, Tue 16 Jul 13:27

"Could have signed a keeper on a month deal/loan whilst we look for a permanent signing."

How many keepers looking for deals do you think would sign up for a month to sit on our bench, potentially taking themselves out of the shop window for a longer term contract? From a players perspective that`s an awful idea at this time of the season.

It was just a thought of ways the club might have mitigated not having a number 2. There may be goalkeepers who had left a club with a view to retiring who might have been willing to sign a short team deal. If not feasible then we had to ensure that we had signed a back up keeper before the start of competitive action, whether as a back up to Mehmet, or as someone to challenge him for the No1 spot. Whatever options were/weren’t available, the deadline for having a second keeper had to be last week.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 14:20

Well. it`s good to see the acquisition of our own training facilities and a base for our own academy is seen as a sign of progress. Of course it`s a medium- to long-term investment which will gradually bear fruit over the years. Most fans pay lip service to the idea of a dedicated training ground and academy but they don`t seem to have the patience to wait for it to contribute to the success of the club.

As I recall Ross had to look for outside investment as it is very difficult to raise in a fan-based club the kind of capital we needed to progress. The investors made it clear from the start it wasn`t their intention to throw money at the player budget to chase short-term success so we shouldn`t be surprised at what`s happened.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 14:34

Couple of things to comment on there wee eck:

"Of course it`s a medium- to long-term investment which will gradually bear fruit over the years."

[B]MIGHT[/B] bear fruit. There`s no guarantee - Hamilton once had a superb academy, Falkirk had a good academy, down south Reading invested in a state of the art training ground... We might see players coming through, we might not. We might like having our own training base, it might end up being a millstone around our necks.

"The investors made it clear from the start it wasn`t their intention to throw money at the player budget to chase short-term success so we shouldn`t be surprised at what`s happened."

Then they (and you?) and I must have different definitions of throwing money at player budget. To me that means a Sevco/Gretna/Kelty in the Lowland League situation where you bring in guys from two or even three levels above on big money. Having a reserve goalkeeper, having specialised cover at centre back, etc is simply standard squad building and not something that should be seen as out of the ordinary.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 14:43

Quote:

Dave_1885, Tue 16 Jul 14:03

Quote:

Under Ross McArthurs leadership we were a play off team in this league. He handed over the reigns to the new owners and we’ve been relegated and then struggled since returning to the top flight (not beating our rivals in 6 games) and now don’t even have 2 keepers on the books going into competitive fixtures, with season ticket prices increased as well…….but its ok, we have a plastic pitch and some portacabins in Rosyth 😂

This 100%.

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 14:45

Last word on the matter. Whatever the strategy regarding recruitment, some people will agree/disagree. I personally have no problem with the general recruitment plan aimed at the longer term/giving youngsters a chance or whatever they call it.

However I do expect them to implement their strategy in a competent manner. No number 2 keeper screams incompetence and if they are so incompetent not to be able to get a No 2 keeper before the competitive matches it does make you wonder regarding the rest of their recruitment strategy/process.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 15:05

Quote:

Quote:

Under Ross McArthurs leadership we were a play off team in this league. He handed over the reigns to the new owners and we’ve been relegated and then struggled since returning to this flight (not beating our rivals in 6 games) and now don’t even have 2 keepers on the books going into competitive fixtures, with season ticket prices increased as well…….but its ok, we have a plastic pitch and some portacabins in Rosyth 😂

Ross also said himself that without the support of the consortium we would be screwed. The flood lights were knackered and it cost a decent six figure sum to fix them. The club didn`t have that sort of money. I`m taking nothing away from Ross or the directors and volunteers involved then though. They saved this club and did a great job, but the money simply wasn`t there. This is the reality of Scottish football.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 15:18

kp, all I would say is there are no guarantees about anything in football. Because of its competitive nature every decision is fraught with risk. Thomas Meggle is hardly a novice at running a football club but there are obviously some characteristics of the Scottish set-up which he is still learning about. It`s his board`s money he is risking so he won`t be making decisions without due consideration.

On the question of recruitment it is pretty obvious the process is not yet complete for this transfer window. I made my views clear on Saturday about the goalkeeping situation and it is a worry that it looks like we may be in the same position tonight. The fact we had a trialist left back/wing back playing in the last few friendlies suggests that is also a position we are looking to fill. Whether there are any more remains to be seen.

In all the years I`ve supported the Pars there have been decisions I didn`t agree with and this regime is no different but I don`t share the apocalyptic views some on here have.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 15:32

The lack of a signed keeper at this stage is totally inexcusable. Max Little was never going to make it, we’ve had plenty time to line up a keeper to rival for the first team. Fair point about the need for cup runs to aid finances.

Maybe we’ll get an explanation at the next supporters meeting - even that won’t satisfy everyone.

However, to say the club are going backwards or is poorly run due to one (big) mistake is complete nonsense.

Post Edited (Tue 16 Jul 15:32)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 15:44

Quote:

kelty_par, Tue 16 Jul 14:34

[B]MIGHT[/B] bear fruit. There`s no guarantee - Hamilton once had a superb academy, Falkirk had a good academy, down south Reading invested in a state of the art training ground... We might see players coming through, we might not. We might like having our own training base, it might end up being a millstone around our necks.

It will bear fruit in the sense that the majority of the first team squad will be a product of the academy. The level of which we are at when that`s the case will be the level of the club.

It`s important to remember that they have invested in the club with this vision in mind.

A sustainable club that produces its own talent.

They are the current custodians, and they have a belief that with the right foundations, we can produce our own first team. The current crop coming through are not even a product of their system so we are still a good 4-5 years away from seeing any results.

If we end up being a mid table championship club, we should at least be a sustainable club.

Then it`s just a case of hoping we can produce an absolute gem and the funds from them can improve the foundations further more.

Rennes in France is an extreme example of how this model can be done very well.

It`s either that or we continue to do what every other club does and what we have done throughout our history, and each takes our turn flirting with bankruptcy.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 15:57

Agree with Bandy on this.

We`re presumably tracking someone else, considered a better option, but not available yet. Maybe a loan, maybe still to be released by their current club, or maybe they`re on trial somewhere better.

Season starts quite early here so that may be a factor.

Clearly a bit of a gamble that we can hold off and not need a sub goalie. Time will tell if it pays off.

Not much point wetting the bed when you don`t know the facts.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: craigypar35  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 16:15

Quote:

Quote:

Spot on with this post. We were told to go to next level we needed new owners. Each season we now start with a threadbare squad. We badly need a good cup run with some extra income from it, and yet we dont have 2 goalkeepers. That’s not taking it serious, it’s unprofessional.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 16:19

"It will bear fruit in the sense that the majority of the first team squad will be a product of the academy. The level of which we are at when that`s the case will be the level of the club."

If we fall below Championship level we won`t be able to afford an academy... (some would argue that we probably can`t afford it in the Championship!)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 16:31

Quote:

kelty_par, Tue 16 Jul 16:19

"It will bear fruit in the sense that the majority of the first team squad will be a product of the academy. The level of which we are at when that`s the case will be the level of the club."

If we fall below Championship level we won`t be able to afford an academy... (some would argue that we probably can`t afford it in the Championship!)

While what your saying could be true, you don`t know that.

But the fact remains should we keep doing what every other club does and flirt with bankruptcy every 10 or so years, or should we try something different?

There is no point spending money hand over fist for the same journeymen players who are just doing the rounds in the hope that we can put a decent squad together.

We`ve tried being bankrolled, and while that provided success, it was unsustainable. This is the route we haven`t tried, and I`m pleased we are trying it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 16:39

Quote:

weemike, Tue 16 Jul 16:31

Quote:

kelty_par, Tue 16 Jul 16:19

While what your saying could be true, you don`t know that.

But the fact remains should we keep doing what every other club does and flirt with bankruptcy every 10 or so years, or should we try something different?

There is no point spending money hand over fist for the same journeymen players who are just doing the rounds in the hope that we can put a decent squad together.

We`ve tried being bankrolled, and while that provided success, it was unsustainable. This is the route we haven`t tried, and I`m pleased we are trying it.

Its all well and good having an academy but of you cant fill the bench with essential players theres an issue there
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 16:46

Its all well and good having an academy but of you cant fill the bench with essential players theres an issue there

I agree.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bannerpar  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 16:54

The club will have known since early May, or before, that they were going to have to replace Max Little and Josh Edwards in this window. There were quite a few goalies and left backs on the move. My guess is that we failed to land our main targets, maybe part of McPake`s frustration shown in that Courier article. It`s not as easy as some people think to land a Plan B replacement who will fit the longer term plan for the club.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 17:50

I’m still not sure why the goal-keeping coach Collier could not be registered as we did last year (and as we and others have done in similar circumstances previously). In recent memory we have had the likes of Archibald and Alexander on the bench but not needed them.

What’s the rule on short term loans? (To save me dealing with the impenetrable SPFL website).

We are running a risk which we have not been able to mitigate, and that is what is causing the concern.

The risk is that our keeper gets ill, injured or sent off and our inability to replace him with another keeper costs us points in one or more matches and makes the difference to us progressing and winning some significant money.

Obviously I don’t know what is going on behind the scenes or how the relative risks have been assessed and the cost of mitigation stacks up – I accept that we might not want to pay over the odds for a keeper that will just warm the bench for 2 years. But I think it right that questions should be asked.

We did name 2 substitute keepers on occasion last season, which seemed a little bizarre, but I guess there was a 10,000 to one chance (maybe more likely?) that we could lose 2 keepers in the one game and it cost little to do this just in case, although giving an academy player a bit of match-day experience might have been deemed more worthwhile.

How likely is it that we will need to replace the keeper?

Off the top of my head I can remember 2 occasions where we have had our keeper sent off (and that’s from maybe 2000 plus matches?)

One was Andy Rhodes at Easter Road in the second last game of the 90/91 season – Paul Smith went in goals and we lost 3-0.

The other was in the cup replay v Montrose in 2011 when Chris Smith was red-carded and Auzzy McCann as skipper put on the gloves and conceded 2 (including the penalty) in short order.

(I think red-cards are more likely now than they used to be – there are more cards in general and refs are possibly relaxed about making the call as it’s less of a game-changer as most clubs carry a spare.)

As for injuries – well, it happened twice last season in 42 games.

We had 2 injured in the pre-season friendly v Bolton in 1994 – that caused a bit of a crisis. Paul Gallacher was injured in stoppage time at Tynecastle once and couldn’t continue (and couldn’t be subbed) but the referee took sympathy and blew up slightly early. Did MacKenzie get injured v Hacken which may have cost us the tie as Murdoch blundered when he came on?

If it’s a 100-1 chance then maybe it’s a 5% chance of happening in the League Cup section. Has anyone any proper stats?

I think the LB situation is different – we have options – suboptimal, possibly, but if we could play Lee Bullen there, then Breen or Comrie or Chalmers or Otoo could fill in for a game or so? Edit - or Hoggan?

Post Edited (Tue 16 Jul 17:55)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Steviethepar2  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 17:58

I can remember days of 2 subs and no goalkeeper on the bench..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 18:20

Andy Collier played with us a youth and was the best keeper at my primary school. Get him signed up!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 18:26

When they introduced the third sub, ostensibly for goalkeepers, Bert put three outfield players on the bench.

Parkhead, Westie gets injured, had to carry on but can hardly move and we lost three late goals.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 18:29

Quote:

McCaig`s Tower, Tue 16 Jul 17:50

I’m still not sure why the goal-keeping coach Collier could not be registered as we did last year (and as we and others have done in similar circumstances previously).

I believe Collier also does the announcements over the tannoy at East End Park, so that might be the reason he can`t make the bench.

Sounds like him to me anyway. Norman I think his first name is
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 19:04

Quote:

AlterPar, Tue 16 Jul 18:20

Andy Collier played with us a youth and was the best keeper at my primary school. Get him signed up!

Better with his father, covered more of the goals!🤔🤣
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MikeyLeonard  
Date:   Tue 16 Jul 20:54

Quote:

red-star-par, Tue 16 Jul 18:29

Quote:

McCaig`s Tower, Tue 16 Jul 17:50

I’m still not sure why the goal-keeping coach Collier could not be registered as we did last year (and as we and others have done in similar circumstances previously).

I believe Collier also does the announcements over the tannoy at East End Park, so that might be the reason he can`t make the bench.

Sounds like him to me anyway. Norman I think his first name is

😂
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net