DAFC.net
Home 09 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Mcpake stay? Or Go??
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 16:54

Another lacklustre performance lacking in creativity. Players look lost and for me he should be out the door. Were not going to improve with the squad as it stands.

Should be sacked tonight.

Post Edited (Sat 10 Aug 17:00)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Mcpake stay or go??
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 16:56

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Sat 20 Jul 16:54

Another lacklustre performance lacking in creativity. Players look lost and for me he should be out the door. Were not going to improve with the squad as it stands.

Who would want to come in ? It seems the the Germans are pulling all the shots .It would just be a new face to blame
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 16:56

For me, he is not good enough,

You can spot a well trained and well drilled team a mile off. We are not one. He is mediocre at best. Luckily, we ran into a struggling falkirk side or else we`d still be down there.

The dundee utd game papered over the cracks.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 16:57

Yeah starting to feel like the tactics and formation are holding some of the players back and not giving us a fighting chance.

You don’t score you don’t win, are we going to try and survive this season with 36 0-0 draws?

We’re behaving like a small club who are punching in this league in our approach.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 16:59

Quote:

Rigger Al, Sat 20 Jul 16:56

Quote:

Who would want to come in ? It seems the the Germans are pulling all the shots .It would just be a new face to blame

Then what is the answer investment in the squad?? Mcpake is not the answer, it’s just a question of when….
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: xgatespars  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 16:59

He`ll no walk and we probably can`t afford to sack him. So we`re gonna be stuck with him, for now at least. He`s obviously a football man, so surely he`s got to see we can`t play the way he wants. I can never understand going into a game with the mindset not to lose. If we were getting beat and having a real good go to win then I`d no be sitting here miserable as fook at what`s going on.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RossF  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 17:03

Has to go. Some of the lengthy contract renewals he gave players when we came up are starting to bite us and we are playing brutal football that results in little chances for us to score. Dundee fans warned us that his tactics are his downfall and it’s beginning to show now. Wasting KRH in the centre of midfield is beyond baffling as well. Sad as I was convinced we’d go from strength to strength when we won league one. The feel good factor from that season looks to have vanished and even the players look lost compared then. It looks like they’ve lost faith in him. This league cup group was a fairly straight forward one to progress from but we’ve ended up producing our worst attempt since the group stages began.

The board are a complete and utter disgrace as well. We are a poorly run club and it is beginning to show in all areas.

Post Edited (Sat 20 Jul 17:06)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 17:03

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Sat 20 Jul 16:59

Quote:

Quote:

Then what is the answer investment in the squad?? Mcpake is not the answer, it’s just a question of when….

I`m not disagreeing
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 17:05

Quote:

Rigger Al, Sat 20 Jul 17:03

Quote:

Bannockburn Par, Sat 20 Jul 16:59

Quote:

Quote:

I`m not disagreeing

Sorry dude, just frustrated at why our club can’t compete at this level….
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gegganpar  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 17:06

Maybe all season ticket holders should boycott the first 3 home championship games to let them know how p-ssed off we are!!!

Club wouldn`t lose money just our support!!!

J angus blacklaws
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 17:09

A new manager would also have to work under these constraints, but he might be a better tactician right enough coz McPake is woeful

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 17:09

Seriously what is that going to achieve?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 17:11

Stay. A manager with his hand tied behind his back can only do so much. He can’t physically make the players do what the average fan in the stand thinks is best. There are issues way above the level of mcpake. It would take a special kind of idiot not to realise this. This forum is full of them. People who know better than folk who have been involved in football all their lives. A bunch of people that probably couldn’t even spell ball nevermind kick one.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsloyal98  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 17:11

He should be on a shoogly peg but won’t be. Survived that honking run last year but had injuries to blame/reason behind that - fair enough. His downfall will be his reluctance to move away from this back 5 nonsense. There’s very little attacking impetus despite their being talent there who are not being utilised correctly. Football is ultimately a form of entertainment as far as a fan is concerned and there’s been very little in way of entertainment since the L1 title win.

Frustration continues to grow amongst fans as per a large amount of the discourse on here, X and Facebook.

Can’t see us being able to afford to sack him anyway but if results don’t pick up and fans turn completely, the ownership group will perhaps have no option to punt or face footing another expensive bill for us being relegated

We love Dunfermline We do!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: rikaka  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 17:30

What`s the point, it`s rotten at the top.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 17:33

Quote:

General Zod, Sat 20 Jul 17:11

Stay. A manager with his hand tied behind his back can only do so much. He can’t physically make the players do what the average fan in the stand thinks is best. There are issues way above the level of mcpake. It would take a special kind of idiot not to realise this. This forum is full of them. People who know better than folk who have been involved in football all their lives. A bunch of people that probably couldn’t even spell ball nevermind kick one.

The whole point of his job is to build and train a team to win matches, he struggles at his job.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 17:37

When he gets interviewed for cows nobody asks him about playing 5 at the back playing Hosier out of position etc what are they frightened off .

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 18:00

Go. Failure to get even close to getting out of this cup group is the final straw for me - 3 teams in leagues below us and another poor champ team - we made a right good go of it though…….add to that his horrendous tactics and playing players out of position just adds to it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 18:04

cant believe were worst than last season at least could win and score this time struggling will be lucky to beat cove can see pummelings in first 3 league games

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 18:07

Zod, look at the facts, the experienced players we have signed have all previously been known to mcpake or Mackay. These are his choices. It’s not like he’s been told who to sign.

The board have given him some wage budget and he’s blown it on his old mates and they are either not playing or not contributing when they do play. Not to
Mention misplaced loyalty in those who did well against the part timers in the seaside league.

Given what’s happened with Kane and how mcpake limited himself in the experienced players he signed I’m not sure giving him more budget will change anything.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 18:07

Quote:

gegganpar, Sat 20 Jul 17:06

Maybe all season ticket holders should boycott the first 3 home championship games to let them know how p-ssed off we are!!!

Yeh that will help the players , great idea 🙄
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 18:10

The club is skint and run by the Germans/Cook who seem to look like they say who signs etc so McPake can only do so much….However he really needs to make a formation change and play more attacking football as it’s boring watching at the moment.
It’s going to be a loooooong season imo.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 18:44

Look yes we have some players that aren’t good enough - but the whole team look unmotivated and clueless at what to do!! What are we doing in training? How to pass sideways (poorly)?

We have the basis of a squad that can compete mid to above mid table but are looking like cannon fodder at the moment!

We need a proper manager in - one who can motivate, one who can change tactics midway through a game, one who can recognise our weaknesses and strengths and play to them - McPake can do none of these. It’s time he’s gone before we really are relegation candidates

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 19:05

He made a rod for his own back with the contract extensions league 1 players who can`t cope with the step above.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 19:09

What a difference a season makes. This time last year there was a great sense of optimism, felt like there was a connection between the players and fans that had been missing since the Bert Paton days and a real feeling we were on an upward trajectory.

Total opposite this time around.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SergioDuarte  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 19:10

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 19:58

I think it`s more likely he`ll walk tbh. He`s clearly frustrated he can`t sign who he wants.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 20:03

Quote:

jake89, Sat 20 Jul 19:58

I think it`s more likely he`ll walk tbh. He`s clearly frustrated he can`t sign who he wants.

Don’t be stupid. He’ll walk nowhere when he’s likely to be sacked and contract paid up
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 20:12

Should’ve been punted last year but we won’t get rid as we are skint.
He is clearly not getting backed but he is also persisting in this unwatchable football. Personally would get rid but it’s not going to happen

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 20:38

Quote:

FRED1981, Sat 20 Jul 17:37

When he gets interviewed for cows nobody asks him about playing 5 at the back playing Hosier out of position etc what are they frightened off .

Hopefully the courier will be along to get answers to the important questions... ah wait
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Row_ZZ  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 21:10

We can`t afford players and lost 1 million quid but we have a CEO that hoovers over 100k a year for what exactly? Club is ran like a total circus. More than the manager that is the issue.

"A smile might be good!"
"Nothing to smile about in my life"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARadise  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 22:06

I seriously don’t understand the obsession with the back 3/5 and I’d love for Mcpake to explain his pros and cons of playing that way because to me for the past season there is zero threat when we attack and it’s not as if we are set up in an impenetrable shape that we don’t get cut open. if his answer is to get crosses in the box from wing backs when Comrie and Ngwenya arent able to beat a man never mind cross a ball then I have serious doubts of his competence. And if it’s to play through the middle which I doubt after the long ball fiasco today, we don’t have the technical players high up the pitch to make the ball stick like an airdrie done very well last season.

I seriously dislike 3/5 at the back anyway, I don’t remember many teams playing that formation in the Scottish champ and being successful with it other than maybe county a few year ago?? Remember when AJ switched from his beloved 442 with direct/quality wingers and working strike partnership to recruiting players for a back three possession based style, how did that turn out for him?

Ultimately the board have to back the manager which they are still some way off doing. However, I don’t believe we are actually a million miles off a competitive squad with Todd and Kane (if he ever appears) to come into the fold. I like Mcpake but he’s been here a few year now and number of signings this season or not it’s his team and he needs to realise quickly what he’s planned for already isn’t working.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 22:21

Not sure how mcpake would get another job, tbh there can’t be many experienced players left who he and Dave played with who haven’t already moved down the leagues or retired.

Then who is he going to sign? Someone he doesn’t know personally? C’mon.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Taxipar  
Date:   Sat 20 Jul 22:41

Not sure who would take McPakes job to be honest with the constraints the CEO and Germans have put on the squad

A par since 1985
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dover par  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 16:26

Taxi for McPake 🚕

"Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the hell you're doing."

Post Edited (Sat 27 Jul 16:26)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jacko Par42  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 16:30

Go, and he can take all the ***** players he’s signed or gave long term deals to with him 🤬🤬🤬

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 16:31

He’s just a puppet for the Germans I feel.
They are all useless

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 16:33

Really need to back him or sack him as at the moment you can see what’s coming.

Not sure what he would do with the money if they backed him to be honest, his record is poor when it comes to the experienced pro’s he’s kept or brought in and there’s no grand plan or signing players to play a formation etc.

In my head, If mcpake is going to stick with the formation and tactics may aswell punt now and give the next guy whatever funds can be found.

Not sure who we would get but would love someone like McCabe, he’s not paralysed with fear of losing like mcpake so his teams go for it and score plenty of goals and ultimatey are better than us with less of a budget. Earned rave reviews for the performance up in Aberdeen on Tuesday and it’s almost a whole new team, night and day from us.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Steviethepar2  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 16:34

It is either the manager or board there are too many rumours and poor decisions being made

Personally Think the board needs to have a good look in the mirror - we seems to have no coherent plan and everyone around us with lesser fan bases seem to be signing players etc

With the current setup I don’t see who would come in and change anything

The clubs strategy and tactics do not remotely match the rest of the championship or any teams either looking for promotion or at the bottom end of the premier league
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 16:37

The board are useless but they weren`t the ones giving long contracts to a striker who can`t score and a keeper who can`t save shots.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 16:39

I`ve tried really hard to be positive and hope we turn it around but it ain`t happening .

Think the management team has to do the decent think and resign.

These players also need to take a hard look at themselfs, letting down the club and fans week in and week out
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: istvan kozma  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 16:40

Go now. Please 🙏

KOZMA

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 16:43

Quote:

jake89, Sat 27 Jul 16:37

The board are useless but they weren`t the ones giving long contracts to a striker who can`t score and a keeper who can`t save shots.

100% that’s being overlooked by some folk that and only method of scouting experienced players is “I knew him at Dundee”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 16:44

Go. Something has to change by Monday or we are down.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 16:45

I think he should go,but I don`t know who could do any better. Surely at some point we have to get lucky with a managerial appointment though.

Just keep hiring and firing until something good happens.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 16:46

Has to go. To finish bottom of the group is unacceptable.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 16:49

Don`t see benefit doing anything yet.

All the good work in the promotion season earns him a crack at turning it around.

Todd missing (again) is massive. All our better players are either centre backs or holding midfielders, we have next to heehaw creatively in the final third. Hopefully Kane is being wrapped in cotton wool and back for the league starting, or at worst the Falkirk game.

If we don't take anything from first two games and more so if Falkirk do a job on us at home then it might start to turn a bit poisonous. Hopefully doesn't come to that.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."

Post Edited (Sat 27 Jul 16:51)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 16:51

Or Kozma we could stop going for the cheap option and get someone in that has capability, maybe even someone foreign! We’ve gone for the cheap option ever since we signed Davie Hay

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 16:53

Quote:

kozmasrightfoot, Sat 27 Jul 16:45

I think he should go,but I don`t know who could do any better. Surely at some point we have to get lucky with a managerial appointment though.

Just keep hiring and firing until something good happens.

Maybe Ian McColl?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 16:53

Quote:

ParfectXI, Sat 27 Jul 16:51

Or Kozma we could stop going for the cheap option and get someone in that has capability, maybe even someone foreign! We’ve gone for the cheap option ever since we signed Davie Hay

Untrue. AJ wasn’t the cheap option, his stock was fairly high after leaving Killie as a premier league team. He was by far and away the outstanding candidate. Jeffries was the same. The rest I wouldn’t argue with
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alf  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 16:59

McPake will go and Meggle will take over, cheap option
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 16:59

To be fair Dave hasn’t helped mcpake by selling a couple of dummies in o’hallaran, Wotherspoon and potentially Kane if he is ever fit.

I mean surely there’s quite a lot of managers out there who can do a better job than what we’re currently seeing?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 17:01

Time to go Mcpake

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 17:02

Mcpake has to carry the can for extending contracts of players who clearly aren`t good enough for this level.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 17:04

Anyone got Cardle`s number? Or Crawford? Or Shields? Anyone?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 17:07

It’s not all Mcpakes fault, he needs to be able to bring in 2-3 quality loans and fast. If Meggle and Co can’t see it then it’s time they put the club up for sale.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ahoy!Ahoy!  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 17:07

Based on the fact he cannot get a tune out of those players, I can’t see that changing any time soon. We have players there who are nowhere near good enough but are stuck with them.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 17:08

Mcpake can’t seem to get a team together to beat Forfar and cove. That lies on him. He can’t blame the board for that

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 17:08

Mcpake doesn`t have the ability to get 11 players performing at the level they are capable of. It`s quite simple really. He can`t even get a few performing. It`s now time.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 17:16

Him, Meggle and Cook are all needing binned.

"A smile might be good!"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 17:27

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Sat 27 Jul 17:16

Him, Meggle and Cook are all needing binned.

Indeed something is rotten cook supposedly business and marketing yet we are getting panned by other teams that way with no real change I can see (I’m small business owner and rovers and east fife far ahead at engaging local guys)

Meggle who has hidden from fans for last 2’years no experience in Scottish game and hasn’t brought any experience from Germany thought we would see coaching crossovers , training in Germany in preseason, young players doing student type exchanges for experience etc

However the manager doesn’t help and I will be on volume 2 for that bit……
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OorWullie  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 17:48

I can’t be certain, but I think he was sat in the dugout for all or nearly all of the game ? That’s so strange
That team should have been beating Cove. It looks like the players are needing a new voice in the dressing room ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: irishmcbride  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 17:51

Quote:

Steviethepar2, Sat 27 Jul 17:27

Meggle who has hidden from fans for last 2’years

Meggle attended the fan group update a few weeks ago.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sammy_Must_Die  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 17:56

The team that started today had more than enough about it to beat Cove Rangers. Whatever issues are hamstringing McPake he clearly isn`t getting enough out of what he has.

For that reason, for me, he has to go.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Foxypar  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 17:59

“We’re behaving like a small club who are punching in this league in our approach.”
Seen this in a previous post and I couldn’t have put it better myself.
Spot on and never thought I would see the day where I said that.

Post Edited (Sat 27 Jul 18:00)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 18:00

Quote:

irishmcbride, Sat 27 Jul 17:51

Quote:

That’s nice for him
Im a season ticket holder for over 40 years I wasn’t invited to that “so called fans group “! Over 2k consistent season ticket holders not represented..
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 18:03

We cannot blame the board for the results against Forfar and now cove.

This is on mcpake, we are not losing to Championship clubs here, it’s part time outfits. Or are we saying this team will struggle in the league 2?

Mcpake a busted flush with this group now, they are clearly are not playing for him or can’t play the way he wants. Either way it’s his team.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 18:04

Hard to take positives from today. Taylor Sutherland’s goal was superbly taken and he needs to be starting games.
MOH worked hard and was positive for the time he was on.
Comrie gave his all.

Other than that…

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 18:06

A blind man can see the manager isn`t getting the backing ,and probably the players , or some of them has either not been his call or all that was within his permitted range .
I`m sure manager picks who he wants and it`s the C
EO and board to get the contract across the line
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 18:15

Quote:

Steviethepar2, Sat 27 Jul 18:00

Quote:

irishmcbride, Sat 27 Jul 17:51

Quote:

That’s nice for him
Im a season ticket holder for over 40 years I wasn’t invited to that “so called fans group “! Over 2k consistent season ticket holders not represented..

Anyone can go to the supporters meetings.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc-chris1  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 18:15

McPake needs to go but the board also deserve some blame here
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: irishmcbride  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 18:20

Quote:

Steviethepar2, Sat 27 Jul 18:00

That’s nice for him

What, are you expecting a personal invite? The various fan groups represent the interests of the wider fan base, that`s how it`s always worked. It was reported on both here and over at Bounce, Buffy often takes requests for questions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 19:01

We all know what happens with some players when the chips are down and getting beat every week….small knocks and they are ‘injured’ for months and the death spiral begins.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 19:16

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 27 Jul 19:01

We all know what happens with some players when the chips are down and getting beat every week….small knocks and they are ‘injured’ for months and the death spiral begins.

Kane must still be on holiday🤷‍♂️absent again today.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NW 1966  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 09:23

James McPake, stay.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 11:56

I keep reading “McPakes not getting the backing” and it’s true this season , however he did get the backing last season and his recruitment was poor! This shows in the final league position! We were rank rotten last season and his signings so far this season have done nothing to inspire! Even if we gave him a bit of budget I wouldn’t trust him to do great things with it!

However, I do reckon he’s hampered by having an almost non-existent scouting “team”.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 13:07

I`m not a football manager (clearly) but reflect on my experiences managing a team in a "normal" job. I`ve regularly been told "no money" when I`ve asked for new software/tools and staff. In my experience two things generally happen:

1. You adapt and get on with it.
2. Things go south (deadlines not met, staff quit etc).

I think we`ve tried for 1 but ended up with 2. However, I`d say money has been made available but it`s been spent in a poor way. A seasoned pro is only worthwhile IF they can play AND they are good. I`d say we`ve definitely got a mixed bag.

As I`ve said before, that team on paper should not be struggling against part timers.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 15:32

^^ thinking through stuff that was said 2 years ago until now, im not sure they have adapted at all whether that is individually or as a group.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Fethiyespar  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 16:33

Spartans 9pts
Livingston 9pts
Forfar 6pts
Dunfermline 3pts
Cove Rangers 3pts

Go, the evidence is there.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 22:20

Quote:

jake89, Sat 27 Jul 16:37

No but they did sign off on those long contracts though so are partly to blame
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 16:28

Enough now, his team…Bye bye
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 16:48

Terrible negative tactics, signing old mates who contribute nothing and zero ideas. He won’t go of course but it’s time.

Signed a treatment table filler on a 2 year deal while ignoring the obvious problems from last season, he’s out he’s one of the biggest.

If you were the board would you allow him to sign more experienced duds?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 16:50

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 3 Aug 16:48

Terrible negative tactics, signing old mates who contribute nothing and zero ideas. He won’t go of course but it’s time.

Signed a treatment table filler on a 2 year deal while ignoring the obvious problems from last season, he’s out he’s one of the biggest.

If you were the board would you allow him to sign more experienced duds?

Who had "signing old mates" on the Berkey bingo?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 16:51

Thank god we can have a go at me rather than focus on yet another poor result for Dunfermline nil.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 17:51

He is a dead man walking. As are the board. When we leave the first round of fixtures bottom of the table, miles away from 8th, hopefully then they will wake up to reality.

"A smile might be good!"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 17:52

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Sat 3 Aug 17:51

He is a dead man walking. As are the board. When we leave the first round of fixtures bottom of the table, miles away from 8th, hopefully then they will wake up to reality.

Owners are going nowhere unless someone repays them, highly unlikely.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 87Par  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 18:22

After that interview. McPake to stay. He was honest, humble and sounds like he really cares. FAO board. Back our manager. We`re the biggest club in the league by a mile (yes I`m saying it). Sort it out.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 18:28

Quote:

87Par, Sat 3 Aug 18:22

After that interview. McPake to stay. He was honest, humble and sounds like he really cares. FAO board. Back our manager. We`re the biggest club in the league by a mile (yes I`m saying it). Sort it out.

They have backed him. Backed him signing a bunch of crocks.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 18:54

Stay for now. Nothing to be gained by sacking him at this point.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 19:08

McPake sounds like he had enough of the board and is calling them out.

He’s been left out to dry, today first half we looked decent and deserved to be going in at half time leading.

Injuries and lack of options from the bench is what is going to cause us problems.

We clearly need more options in the squad that can come from the bench and change the game, hosler is wasted ring wing back, we have one left back who went off injured, a right back in Comrie went left back, Hamilton marking Yengi is a mismatch to say the least.

We need players in pronto, McPake can only do so much, I have no doubt he asked for certain players to be brought in and the board haven’t backed him this window and the buck stops with them.

Heard today also academy players are being let go as we can’t afford the keep them on, thought that’s the reason we can’t strengthen the first team as we’re finding that. My missus personally knows one who has been released and he’s going another club and he says there’s a fair few been told we can’t afford to keep them and there all off.

So if the money isn’t strengthening the first team and we can’t afford to keep academy players where exactly is it all going?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 19:17

Heard today also academy players are being let go as we can’t afford the keep them on, thought that’s the reason we can’t strengthen the first team as we’re finding that. My missus personally knows one who has been released and he’s going another club and he says there’s a fair few been told we can’t afford to keep them and there all off.

So if the money isn’t strengthening the first team and we can’t afford to keep academy players where exactly is it all going?

How old is he? As some have graduated to apprenticeships. Was he maybe deemed not worthy of the next step?

Post Edited (Sat 03 Aug 19:17)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 19:18

Quote:

Ahoy!Ahoy!, Sat 3 Aug 19:08

McPake sounds like he had enough of the board and is calling them out.

He’s been left out to dry, today first half we looked decent and deserved to be going in at half time leading.

Injuries and lack of options from the bench is what is going to cause us problems.

We clearly need more options in the squad that can come from the bench and change the game, hosler is wasted ring wing back, we have one left back who went off injured, a right back in Comrie went left back, Hamilton marking Yengi is a mismatch to say the least.

We need players in pronto, McPake can only do so much, I have no doubt he asked for certain players to be brought in and the board haven’t backed him this window and the buck stops with them.

Sounds like we have very serious financial issues. Administration just around the corner???
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 19:25

Unsure how old he is but she says he away of either Hibs or Hearts so can’t be bad.

All I know is that they were told they were being let go as they can’t afford to keep them.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 19:44

Can’t be that bad as we turned down an offer for otoo who would also be a higher earner.

Really needed to move on 1 or 2 of the 4 senior pro’s but clearly no one was interested so we’re stuck with them on the bench this season while mcpake complains there is no options. Perhaps his signing policy is to blame.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 19:52

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 03 Aug 19:44

Can’t be that bad as we turned down an offer for otoo who would also be a higher earner.

Really needed to move on 1 or 2 of the 4 senior pro’s but clearly no one was interested so we’re stuck with them on the bench this season while mcpake complains there is no options. Perhaps his signing policy is to blame.

They’ll just be let go soon if admin is on the cards.

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 19:54

Get McPake and the board to f*** before it is too late and we are back in League 1.

"A smile might be good!"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 20:37

Personally don’t think McPake can do much else. He knows we need players, board aren’t backing him so he has to play with what he has.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 20:39

McPake is showing the club we are **** in the way we play and needs help.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 20:44

Exactly, he can’t change anything with what we have on the bench. It’s just like for like replacements. The game was there for the taking today as first half I thought we were excellent.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 22:15

Quote:

Ahoy!Ahoy!, Sat 3 Aug 20:44

Exactly, he can’t change anything with what we have on the bench. It’s just like for like replacements. The game was there for the taking today as first half I thought we were excellent.

He didn`t have to play our right back Comrie in Left centre back then left wing back. There is plenty other left footed options

He also didn`t need to put Hamilton back into defence against a giant when Fisher went off.

Normally if you have a small squad with limited options you fit the players into a tactic that suits what you have.

He is insistent to play 3 centre backs with wing backs regardless of what he has available.

They had 1 striker v our 3 centre backs, it`s a waste of a player back there.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 23:23

Honestly after the summer I was more questioning the board but if I’m being honest, I’m not seeing what McPake is bringing at the moment. We’re obviously not as strong as we were last season (worryingly) but we should be better than we have been. I couldn’t make today but the 2-0 score line was extremely predictable.
I don’t have anything against 3 centre backs but we’re not seeing the benefits of that system with McPake and when we do move to 4 at the back we’re throwing everything we’ve got at Forfar and hoping a teenager can nick a goal for us. Nothing against the teenager just think we shouldn’t be looking at him to get us the goals.
Kane-injured
Wighton-waste of a shirt
McCann-suppose this could be another year he could breakout 🤷🏻‍♂️

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 09:15

The manager sets the mindset of the group and brings in players to cover deficiencies in the squad and plays a formation and tactics to get the best out of his players and exploit weaknesses identified in other teams.

Under mcpake the players know the games a bust unless we score first ans everything is geared towards not conceeding, he takes no account of the opposition and he’s not addressed any of the problems from last season.

He’s failed. Some of his tactics now appear to be solely for the purpose of getting a payoff. He signed o’hallaran who didn’t even get on the park yesterday. Don’t complain about squad depth when you sign experienced players who you don’t play or in the case of Kane can’t keep fit.

Post Edited (Sun 04 Aug 09:37)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 10:35

My reading of JMs interview is that he is appealing to the fans to stand by the players. There is a danger here that you can talk yourself into a crisis. Crisis in any form is rarely caused by individuals. Rather, it`s down to a series of issues that come together to create an environment for them to manifest into a bigger problem. 80% of your problems have 20% solutions after all. The way I see it is;
Root cause - funding that leads to the issue of recruitment. Next - injuries, Next - low confidence. I don`t attribute any of that to the manager and players. These are caused by external factors and the environment within the club.

There are different perspectives on what you call success. For the fans, this is obviously playing well and being in the promotion mix. For people funding the club, it is financial security and a sustainable future that protects that investment and keeps the club afloat.

You can only perform to a standard based on the environment and system you work within. Poor performance on the park is a indication of systemic issues off the park that cannot be laid at the front door of JM. It far more nuanced than that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 10:39

Quote:

Indiapar, Sun 4 Aug 10:35

My reading of JMs interview is that he is appealing to the fans to stand by the players. There is a danger here that you can talk yourself into a crisis. Crisis in any form is rarely caused by individuals. Rather, it`s down to a series of issues that come together to create an environment for them to manifest into a bigger problem. 80% of your problems have 20% solutions after all. The way I see it is;
Root cause - funding that leads to the issue of recruitment. Next - injuries, Next - low confidence. I don`t attribute any of that to the manager and players. These are caused by external factors and the environment within the club.

There are different perspectives on what you call success. For the fans, this is obviously playing well and being in the promotion mix. For people funding the club, it is financial security and a sustainable future that protects that investment and keeps the club afloat.

You can only perform to a standard based on the environment and system you work within. Poor performance on the park is a indication of systemic issues off the park that cannot be laid at the front door of JM. It far more nuanced than that.

Excellent post, Ingdiapar.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 10:46

My fear is Mcpake getting funding and him still being a weak link. I feel other managers 2 years into a squad would have better standards and squad cohesion. We do not look like a well drilled, well trained side.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 11:10

I think that’s my problem, we don’t look like a unit that knows and is drilled in their, and their teammates roles in different scenarios.

I think we have (and have had) reasonable squads who really should be doing better - but I think that is down to individual/team coaching and tactics more than the players per se (I’d use seeing ‘poor’ players go on to do well in other teams as an example of that)

I also recognise players are human, and like all of us, will be (de)motivated by the context and environment we find ourselves in - and while some of that will be down to results, most of it is down to what we see in terms of the vision and strategy for our team, how well were being trained, the people were working with, the demonstrable impacts of what we’re doing, feeling that we’re part of a team that’s making progress, etc

…For me that’s down to the management team, as I don’t believe we are making the best use of the resources available
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 11:16

Quote:

weemike, Sun 4 Aug 10:46

My fear is Mcpake getting funding and him still being a weak link. I feel other managers 2 years into a squad would have better standards and squad cohesion. We do not look like a well drilled, well trained side.

100% this.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 11:21

Quote:

jake89, Sun 4 Aug 11:16

Quote:

weemike, Sun 4 Aug 10:46

100% this.

Look at the job McCabe is doing at Airdrie. I would bite your hand off for his style of attacking football at East End Park. We’re stuck with Mcpake and his boring boring style of play.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 12:09

I maybif misunderstood the statement from zjM and the club at the end of last season but I`m sure I read it was going to be a busy pre season with transfers .

My thoughts are JM had the players he wanted but was unable to get over the line.

Wasn`t his because the identified players didn`t want to sign
Or,board pulled the rug away around funds reducing the quality of player JM could sign .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 13:25

Let’s be honest, his style of play wouldn’t be so much of an issue if we were winning most weeks and there or there abouts at the top of the league. It’s all nice watching nice football but there would be the same backlash if we payed nicely and still got pumped.

That being said, JMcP seems to be putting out the world’s most negative team. Best football I’ve seen under him was when we had KRH on one side and Edward’s/Todd double team on the other running at defenders

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 17:30

I struggle to decide what side of the fence to sit on with this stay/go.

I do feel that all parties, owners and management are to blame with under-investment in the 1st team v. Investment in the academy.

I don`t think a balance was struck with the finances but some of the signings/tactics has been a bit naive.

I am pushed to keep the status-quo and have faith that the manager will sign some decent loan`ees to keep us mid-table in the league for this season.

Sacking him now may detrement our league security and may contribute to the guarantee of our relegation

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 18:39

“Sacking him now may detrement our league security and may contribute to the guarantee of our relegation”

It’s a sound arguement, perhaps best to judge him after more games? It’s currently 6 league games since we last won.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 18:40

If we continue to play with this formation I’ll be shocked to see us win another game under Mcpake

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 19:49

I feel sorry for him, he seems to stick to a certain formation, but is he getting told what formation to play. Plus he isn`t getting the funds to strengthen the team, are we so short of money. I would give him until the first quarter that way we will see where in the league we are.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 19:58

I`m not saying he should be sacked but the lack of support in the transfer market shouldn`t mask the fact that he had enough resources available to beat Forfar and Cove Rangers at home and failed miserably on each occasion.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 20:38

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 4 Aug 19:58

I`m not saying he should be sacked but the lack of support in the transfer market shouldn`t mask the fact that he had enough resources available to beat Forfar and Cove Rangers at home and failed miserably on each occasion.

And Livi away twice and the team scored 1 goal in the 4 games. Managers as much to blame, get rid
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 21:01

Don’t forget east fife.

One of his marquee signings in o’hallaran not good enough to even get on the park despite us needing to push for a equaliser. That’s not a lack of squad depth, it’s a lack of good enough players.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 21:19

East Fife? Wasn`t that a friendly? There could be all sorts of reasons why players were played or not. I wasn`t aware he announced any of his recruits as `marquee` signings! That`s all in your head.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 22:05

This thread will be bonkers at around 17.00 on Saturday…

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 22:12

Falkirk ran riot last season and they’ll be looking to keep that going on their way up. Not sure why some folk think we will rip them a new one at the weekend.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kozmano1  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 22:30

I wouldn’t want to imagine thinking Falkirk are going to turn up and give us a right doing. I’m hopeful we turn up and give them a doing, otherwise what is the point in going to games. That’s the problem with this forum, doom and gloom constantly. I’m looking forward to the game, and will back the team on a Saturday , regardless.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 22:37

How could anyone watch our recent performances and think we are going to give any team a doing? We can barely score a goal ffs

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big G Ball  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 23:05

Mcpake should be sentenced to watch the same ***** that we have to endure every week…….extend his contract as a punishment for signing players who would be better as extras on holby city

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 23:29

He does.
All the matches are filmed.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 10:20

"Falkirk ran riot last season and they’ll be looking to keep that going on their way up. Not sure why some folk think we will rip them a new one at the weekend."

Who is thinking that? Most folk I speak to are braced for a comfortable Falkirk win on Saturday.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 15:23

If we get hammerd on Saturday will Cook say something like "we haven`t any money to reinforce the team". Or will he pocket his £2000 per week and blame our players?

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Aug 14:24

If Kane doesn’t make it and o’hallaran stays on the bench cook could prob ask if the small budget has been spent anywhere near as well as it could have….

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Aug 17:09

Quote:

Berkey, Wed 7 Aug 14:24

If Kane doesn’t make it and o’hallaran stays on the bench cook could prob ask if the small budget has been spent anywhere near as well as it could have….

That’s a good point and something that’s flying under the radar at the moment. I don’t understand how we’ve ended up with the goal keeping situation we’ve got and there is a couple of first team players who really are a waste of a shirt.

With that being said - if we had a bigger budget, would those guys still be around?

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 16:55

It’s over, should be sacked tonight. No if’s or but’s, sacked tonight .
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 16:57

Yep. That`s the end of the line. We look a defeated team before a ball is kicked.

"A smile might be good!"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 16:57

Quote:

Row_ZZ, Sat 10 Aug 16:57

Yep. That`s the end of the line. We look a defeated team before a ball is kicked.

Sack him now. Get out our club, be better bringing AJ back
[IP address logged]
 Re: Mcpake stay? Or Go??
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 17:02

GTF now. Gave him the benefit of the doubt for weeks now but the team look like they’ve accepted defeat before a ball is kicked. Falkirk and every other team look far sharper and fitter than us, we just look like we’re going through phases and not trying. I’m sorry but GTF.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 17:03

He`ll be kept till October/November before this board finally bite the bullet.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 17:09

I`ve felt sorry for him from last season, but at the end of the day this is his team and they look miles off being a competitive championship side. You want to come to football to have some level of entertainment, haven`t seen that from the pars in quite some time.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: craigypar35  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 17:11

Needs sacked! Will be relegated by Xmas. German charlatans need to open their wallets and get new management and players in.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Higgys Mohawk  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 17:15

I feel for McPake because he has not been backed, however I don’t think the team are performing as well as they could and that falls to the manager.

If things don’t improve over the next few weeks he’ll have to go or we’ll be looking at relegation again.

On current performances we are the worst team in the division.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: broontroot  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 17:16

We can`t play at tempo and the football being played would make your eyes bleed , if Mcpake had been backed financially and gotten a couple of his first choice signings would we still be playing the same type of football.....we`ll never know, but the dross being served can`t go on .
I`d still back him to the end of the first quarter, if he doesn`t walk , we need some cash injected into the team and our German investors don`t seem to be Interested in going down that route, in all honesty I`d rather see them gone than Mcpake
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 17:22

Quote:

Higgys Mohawk, Sat 10 Aug 17:15

I feel for McPake because he has not been backed, however I don’t think the team are performing as well as they could and that falls to the manager.

If things don’t improve over the next few weeks he’ll have to go or we’ll be looking at relegation again.

On current performances we are the worst team in the division.

All his signings and not good enough. That’s on him.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 17:22

We’ve went backwards. I think he’s got to go.

I feel sorry for him but that’s not good enough.

Also, I’m spending no more money at that club. They’ve dragged their heels at putting together an acceptable squad. Well I’m dragging my heels on giving them my money. I’ll be writing an email to tell them that as well

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 17:23

Get mcpake and Dave out now. We need a manager who can get us fitter set up
To have an go and change the mentality in the dressing room.

Shame they can’t take all their mates with them.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 17:25

There is absolutely zero point in giving mcpake scope to sign more players. He will only bring them down with his lethargic setup. Time to get someone in who knows what they are doing.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 17:25

Change needed. Game went exactly how most of us expected it too.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 17:26

Sorry thanks for the League 1 title but it’s time to go

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 17:31

No urgency, no pace, signings look awful, no further signing, turgid tactics, no goals, dreadful goalkeeper, no back up goalie with experience, captain and vice captain well off form….do I need to keep going?

Bye bye James and take Cook and his two money taking cronies with him 👍🏻
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 17:44

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sat 10 Aug 17:31

No urgency, no pace, signings look awful, no further signing, turgid tactics, no goals, dreadful goalkeeper, no back up goalie with experience, captain and vice captain well off form….do I need to keep going?

Bye bye James and take Cook and his two money taking cronies with him 👍🏻

Money taking cronies?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 17:50

Quote:

Kozmano1, Mon 5 Aug 22:30

I wouldn’t want to imagine thinking Falkirk are going to turn up and give us a right doing. I’m hopeful we turn up and give them a doing, otherwise what is the point in going to games. That’s the problem with this forum, doom and gloom constantly. I’m looking forward to the game, and will back the team on a Saturday , regardless.

Doom and gloom or calling it as it’s seen?

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 17:57

Ohalloran, Wotherspoon and kane, none can go for 90mins because of age and injury basket cases, although kane was decent when coming on.

Btw Falkirk weren`t much better so they cannae bump their gums.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 18:29

Gaz, you could include McCann in that, he’s only got 60mins of headless chicken in him. Oh and also wighton!

Todd the only player with any sort of engine to get up and down the park.

It’s a league 1 side in all but name just now.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 18:41

If we don`t make change now we will drive away more fans and it will be hard to get them back ,
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 18:54

I would drive one of then away tonight if I could. One way. No return trip.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 18:55

Quote:

da_no_1, Sat 10 Aug 18:54

Have you finally lost the plot with this lot then? 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 19:07

Change needed.

How anyone thinks McCann is a football player is beyond me yet he starts every week.

No other options?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 19:31

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sat 10 Aug 18:55

Quote:

Have you finally lost the plot with this lot then? 😂

I was talking about one of our "fans"

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 19:32

C’mon Dave 1885, if we just clapped a bit more everything would turn out fine.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 21:56

Quote:

Hopefully it`s your yourself.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 01:43

Quote:

CrossPar, Sat 10 Aug 21:56

Quote:

Hopefully it`s your yourself.

Nearly 40 years following the Pars. Go **** yourself inside out

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 10:37

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Sat 10 Aug 17:22

I do agree with that. He has either signed or extended all the players and that is on the him. It may ultimately cost him his job.

But, I do think he has been hampered this preseason. If we’d been able to bring in 2 or 3 additional first team players (which every pars fan will agree we need) then we might be in a better position.

Most other teams in this league have strengthened their squad while we have gone backwards with Edwards, Jakubiak, Allan, MFW, MWH and Moffat leaving or returning to their parent club. They’ve been replaced with Ngwenya, Wotherspoon and youth players.

Sutherland looks a threat when coming from the bench but I’m not sure the other young players look ready to play in a struggling team.

If we do sack McPake I think the incoming manager will have to be given some funds to add signings or loans, which highlights the squad isn’t strong enough regardless.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 10:44

Quote:

Higgys Mohawk, Sun 11 Aug 10:37

Quote:

JamesAndrew74, Sat 10 Aug 17:22

I do agree with that. He has either signed or extended all the players and that is on the him. It may ultimately cost him his job.

But, I do think he has been hampered this preseason. If we’d been able to bring in 2 or 3 additional first team players (which every pars fan will agree we need) then we might be in a better position.

Most other teams in this league have strengthened their squad while we have gone backwards with Edwards, Jakubiak, Allan, MFW, MWH and Moffat leaving or returning to their parent club. They’ve been replaced with Ngwenya, Wotherspoon and youth players.

Sutherland looks a threat when coming from the bench but I’m not sure the other young players look ready to play in a struggling team.

If we do sack McPake I think the incoming manager will have to be given some funds to add signings or loans, which highlights the squad isn’t strong enough regardless.

I don’t think we have a pot to p*** in. Mcpake wont be sacked just yet and we lack the funds to sign any additional players. We are stuck with this team and manager for the season ahead. The Germans won’t spend any additional cash, it’s not in their business model. They are ruining our club and we must let them know we want them gone.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Angus_W  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 11:03

Yes - IMO we are between a rock and a hard place with no clear solutions.

Listening to McPakes interview he’s well pissed off.

Great start to the season. This is going to be one hard slog.

“.........it ain’t over till the Pars score!”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 16:14

Time he was away….terrible tactics enough is enough
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nick_dafc1  
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 16:18

He extended contracts for all the players that were already here and the rest his signings, he can`t complain.

He should have built a squad capable of competing in this league by now but stuck now with too many players that aren`t going to cut it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 16:55

Think a new manager would give the players a lift but not sure who would want the job on a limited budget and with the club in turmoil.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 16:57

Got to go now
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 16:59

We will be down by January if we keep him.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 17:00

The 2 lower division teams that beat us at home in the Cup, Forfar and Cove are doing great! Both bottom of their respective divisions 🤣🤣!! Depressing though!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 17:05

How quick can whoever is interested in buying us come in? At this rate by the time they get control we could be adrift and unless they spend loads in Jan AND replace mcpake.

Business head on here but you’d think they may be better to sit tight and pick us up on the cheap when we looks likely to be relegated.

Mcpake is safe under this ownership regardless.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 17:09

The board won`t replace Mcpake as it`ll be admitting the fans are right.

We need mcpake to walk. A better manager will get better results with this group.

It`s better for Mcpakes career if he walks the longer it goes on the worse it`ll get.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 17:11

Quote:

weemike, Sat 24 Aug 17:09

The board won`t replace Mcpake as it`ll be admitting the fans are right.

We need mcpake to walk. A better manager will get better results with this group.

It`s better for Mcpakes career if he walks the longer it goes on the worse it`ll get.

McPake won’t get another club our size. He’s been lucky to have Dundee and then us.

You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 17:21

I’d go get Ian Murray in. At least he sets up attacking teams and gives it a go.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 17:34

Quote:

Ahoy!Ahoy!, Sat 24 Aug 17:21

I’d go get Ian Murray in. At least he sets up attacking teams and gives it a go.

I’ve recently said the same thing.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nightboat  
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 17:46

He’s had his chance. BBC stats say we didn’t have a single shot today. That says everything.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 17:50

Post Match interview was just 5 minutes of talking yet saying absolutely of note.

Appears well out his depth, go get Murray.

Can see numbers dwindling over the coming weeks, next week could be embarrassing possibly worse than Morton at home last season.

Post Edited (Sat 24 Aug 17:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: tappies par  
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 18:01

Seems demotivated and flat. Think he probably wants out but won’t walk. He has a mortgage and bills to pay so I’m sure he would probably be happy to get fired and put out of his misery with a fat pay cheque to see him through to his next job. The football with McPake has been dire even our promotion winning season it was bland at best grinding out results. Noticed the team all having a go at each other which isn’t great. 3 defeats so far in the season 5 goals lost and none scored. You won’t score if you don’t shoot. According to the BBC stats 1 shot on target and 1 save from their goalkeeper over 90 mins. He has no real enthusiasm and the team are similar. New owners & new manager asap. Before it’s too late.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 18:01

5 minutes of absolute bollox if anyone would care to listen to his analysis of the game.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wetherby  
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 18:06

Unfortunately I cant see The owners getting rid of him , they will surely leave it as a decision for the new owners whether thats in 6 weeks or 6 months.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 18:09

Quote:

wetherby, Sat 24 Aug 18:06

Unfortunately I cant see The owners getting rid of him , they will surely leave it as a decision for the new owners whether thats in 6 weeks or 6 months.

Depends how much it will cost them in the long term. if we get relegated the overall value of the club will drop as well as shrinking the pool of potential buyers.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: craigypar35  
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 18:13

Don’t think they will sack him but want him to go. I’m a walk up fan due to work commitments on some Saturdays and I’ll be reluctant to go now and watch anymore of this utter garbage. It’s his team and signings! We support our team win, lose or draw but expect some entertainment along the way. We don’t even score let alone get a draw now under him.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 19:14

"business as usual" has been said a couple of times lately...

results on their own, 6 wins in 29 games in all comps would get most managers the sack?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 19:16

Quote:

GJS93, Sat 24 Aug 19:14

"business as usual" has been said a couple of times lately...

results on their own, 6 wins in 29 games in all comps would get most managers the sack?

He should`ve been gone after Morton and QP at East end park.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 19:19

The injury crisis last year gave mcpake cover for the quality of his team and how they played. What’s his excuse this season?

He hasn’t got one, he’s just not very good and the players he’s shown loyalty to haven’t bothered to kick a ball for him.

He’ll end up as assistant manager to o’hallaran or wotherspoon as his next job, they are due him a favour.

Post Edited (Sat 24 Aug 19:27)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 20:19

"go get Murray"

why would he accept it?

"A better manager will get better results with this group."

the odd result here or there maybe but definitely not on a consistent basis. our supposed best 11 is nowhere near the level required, i dont see another couple of signings changing that either.

Post Edited (Sat 24 Aug 20:21)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 20:24

Quote:

GJS93, Sat 24 Aug 20:19

"go get Murray"

why would he accept it?

"A better manager will get better results with this group."

the odd result here or there maybe but definitely not on a consistent basis. our supposed best 11 is nowhere near the level required, i dont see another couple of signings changing that either.

I disagree.

Our best 11 is good enough to compete in this league.

A Mcpake coached 11 cannot even beat Cove or Forfar at home.

A Mcpake 11 is going to end up marooned at the bottom by Xmas.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 20:27

He has to go with his defensive style of football..Dundee fans did warn us of this and we are brutal to watch….

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 20:37

Mcpake has to go! Football is utter garbage to watch and we get no results from his ‘style’ of football

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: mars par  
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 20:57

Go

5 at the back wasn`t working last season, changed to 4 and it improved us but here he is sticking to 5 at the back and failing with players he has picked for that formation

His defensive mindset sacrifices an attacking threat but he still somehow has a poor defensive setup. It`s not working and he doesn`t have a plan B

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 20:59

McPake sets up defensively to not lose a game a sneak a goal. Done the same in league one when we won the league, we weren’t hammering teams we were getting wins by the odd goal.

Now we’re setting up not to lose and not even creating any chances so what’s the point.

Team feels so flat and we need some change to boost the place and I feel that the only way to achieve this now is change the manager.

The players we have we should have a good enough squad to be performing a lot better and scoring plenty goals…all down to the management approach to games.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 21:18

As has been said elsewhere, we played with two CBs today and have done so a few times this season so the poor performances can`t really be put down to formation.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 21:32

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 24 Aug 21:18

As has been said elsewhere, we played with two CBs today and have done so a few times this season so the poor performances can`t really be put down to formation.

We played 2cbs doesn`t mean we played 4 at the back. Was definitely a 3
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 21:38

Quote:

the saline hill puma, Sat 24 Aug 21:32

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 24 Aug 21:18

We played 2cbs doesn`t mean we played 4 at the back. Was definitely a 3

I think the confusion is probably because it might be a hybrid of 3 at the back out of possession, 4 at the back in possession. The trouble is when periods of possession only last 10 or 15 seconds. It`s yo-yoing
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 21:43

3 at the back 4 at the back ,it`s garbage .

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 21:45

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Sat 24 Aug 21:43

3 at the back 4 at the back ,it`s garbage .

Agree, doesn`t matter when we have no aggression or pace to our play.
We are weak and easy to play against
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 21:46

We have been garbage to watch since he came in , excused for the league 1 debacle

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 22:45

Quote:

Alter Ego, Sat 24 Aug 20:27

He has to go with his defensive style of football..Dundee fans did warn us of this and we are brutal to watch….

Funny how it’s going almost exactly the same way as Dundee. Good start, gets young boys playing well, won a promotion then just everything starts drying out and eventually collapsing

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Athletico  
Date:   Sat 24 Aug 23:27

I`ve been a McPake fan, defended him more than once, but 6 defeats and 1 goal for, is inexcusable. But he won`t go. Not in the position the club is now. The current owners won`t pay him off, why would they? They have no interest in spending any more money.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 00:34

Quote:

Athletico, Sat 24 Aug 23:27

I`ve been a McPake fan, defended him more than once, but 6 defeats and 1 goal for, is inexcusable. But he won`t go. Not in the position the club is now. The current owners won`t pay him off, why would they? They have no interest in spending any more money.

I’m in a very similar group to you. Defended him more than once, I think the reason there was so much attention on the board is the amount of people who defended him but it’s a results business and the results are no longer there. Performances have totally disappeared as well.
A hammering from Ayr and he’ll probably be gone, failing that defeat from the lang toun tinks will probably finish it off

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 01:28

McPake has to go. Feel like we’ll get relegated without even scoring a goal with his tactics.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 07:32

Whoever takes over surely can`t offer contracts to players like wighton Mehmet and co.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 07:37

When the other team score first we’re done and the heads go down, we’re looking nailed on for relegation at this point and the leaders in the team already posted missing.

Only way to turn this around is a new manager. Although looks like current board are giving what’s left of the budget to mcpake to sign up more central defenders.

Anything that could go wrong has gone wrong.

Cammy new manager stuck with mehmet until 2026. Players like wighton will be playing for a contract so might start to do us a turn. Theres not many in our team who if we let go would be able to stay in full time football.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 25 Aug 12:01

It’s looking like he will take us down if he stays.

Pretty much been outplayed by every team we’ve faced this year.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net