DAFC.net
Home 08 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Partick Thistle 2 Clyde 3
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 04:46

Think I`ll pop over to the Thistle chat rooms and see if they are all schitting themselves and screaming, "Sack the board we`re doomed ah tell ye!"

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Partick Thistle 2 Clyde 3
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 05:01

I don`t think Partick have the same atmosphere surrounding their club and it`s utter incompetence.

This forum isn`t blowing up over 1 bad result...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 05:04

Actually, joking apart, I just had a wee nosey.
It isn`t as dramatic as here, but there are very similar concerns.
It was almost just like reading dot net but with a lot less over the top pisch and speculation

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CrossPar  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 09:56

For a team that have narrowly missed out at the top the last 2 seasons, they have a lot less to be anxious about than us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 10:11

I think the point is that they were praised for their astute moves in the transfer window and for getting their business done quickly, unlike us. All five of their signings were involved last night but that didn`t stop them losing at home to a League 2 side, just as we did last week.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 10:29

Not really sure why folk want to compare Partick result with what we are doing.

3 competitive games so far and we have been poor in all 3 albeit we did win against Spartans.

Let`s not kid ourselves on here our squad isn`t good enough, The style of play is brutal. So maybe we should concentrate on ourselves
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 10:32

I think we shouldn’t be concerned with other teams we have our own issues to worry about.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 10:34

One of the joys of football is taking comfort from your rivals` misfortunes even when things aren`t going your way. It`s always been that way.

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 10:37

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 24 Jul 10:34

One of the joys of football is taking comfort from your rivals` misfortunes even when things aren`t going your way. It`s always been that way.

There is 0 joy for us just now.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 11:07

And why would Partick be the same? They’ve done ok for the last few seasons, they’ve made the playoffs the last few seasons and made the QFs in a cup last season!

We however have been in a mess, lucky to finish 6th last season after a year in the seaside leagues! And when was the last time we went on a run in. The cup??

Patrick have around 26 players available for this season - we have around 18! Another season with some injuries and we are gonna have McPake pulling on his boots again!!

So Partick are in no way near the same position! Silly post!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 11:18

In what way were we `lucky` to finish 6th last season after suffering one of the worst injury crises I can remember since I started supporting the Pars?

Anyway, what happened in the past is irrelevant. I can`t imagine Jags` fans are taking much comfort from it this morning.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 12:38

Partick have a team capable of feeding their strike force rather than one that moves side to side like crabs on a beach.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 12:55

"Better to have tried and failed than to have never tried at all"

I can`t remember a season where I was less excited for the start of it, that`s 100% on the clubs lack of ambition.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 13:13

I wasn`t very excited at the start of the season two years ago but each to his own.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 13:31

Quote:

wee eck, Wed 24 Jul 13:13

I wasn`t very excited at the start of the season two years ago but each to his own.

are you excited now then?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 13:39

Not particularly but I try and follow Rudyard Kipling`s advice and (to paraphrase) `meet with triumph and disaster just the same`. I`ve had lots of experience of both.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: vasco  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 16:07

In the game itself Lee Ashcroft scores the worst og I’ve seen in years.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 16:14

The og can be viewed on the TRANSFER WINDOW OFFICIALLY OPEN` thread. it`s certainly a belter and he managed to injure his goalie too.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 16:20

The goalie should have kept it out tbf!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 16:35

Quote:

Dave_1885, Wed 24 Jul 16:20

The goalie should have kept it out tbf!

Agreed. Poor pass but GK has to save that.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 18:20

At least they can sign a player properly.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 18:31

Quote:

ParfectXI, Wed 24 Jul 11:07

And why would Partick be the same? They’ve done ok for the last few seasons, they’ve made the playoffs the last few seasons and made the QFs in a cup last season!

We however have been in a mess, lucky to finish 6th last season after a year in the seaside leagues! And when was the last time we went on a run in. The cup??

Patrick have around 26 players available for this season - we have around 18! Another season with some injuries and we are gonna have McPake pulling on his boots again!!

Not silly at all. Despite their recent performances, we were not too shabby against them last year. They still just did the same as us. They lost to a division 2 side.
Dress it up all you like. It is the same result without the ridiculous response.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 18:47

Is this the same team that has finished in the playoffs for the last 3 seasons? Some comparison. I know people are trying to clutch at straws but deary me.

We are nowhere near them. Our club is a shambles on and off the park. Sooner people wake up to this the better. The more we just accept the goings on at the club nothing will change.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 18:49

This thread is just desperation. Trying to grasp at any silver lining.

Partick will finish 15+ points ahead of us this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Vamos Pars  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 18:57

Partick will finish way above us this season though let’s face it. They are actually capable of making signings to improve their squad. Something that our owners seem to have difficulty with.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 19:25

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Wed 24 Jul 18:20

And still the same result. Will we just go round in circles now

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 19:28

Quote:

Andrew283, Wed 24 Jul 18:49

This thread is just desperation. Trying to grasp at any silver lining.

Partick will finish 15+ points ahead of us this season.

I`m happy to take a bet on that.
Anything over 14 points, I`ll give you a quid per point. Anything less, you reciprocate.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: purekozma  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 21:36

Quite enjoyable game to watch on YouTube highlights, ashcroft own goal is worth it on its own. The keeper picks up an injury trying to keep it out and is subbed. Partick have chances but mccall has a reasonable team, playing a 20 year old 6 feet 5 defender he converted to a striker and he gets 2 goals, great decision. Clyde also have lee connelly the wee ex queen of the South player.

‘League 1 title winners 2023.’
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 22:26

Quote:

PARrot, Wed 24 Jul 18:31

Quote:

ParfectXI, Wed 24 Jul 11:07

Not silly at all. Despite their recent performances, we were not too shabby against them last year. They still just did the same as us. They lost to a division 2 side.
Dress it up all you like. It is the same result without the ridiculous response.

We cannot qualify ,Partick with a win can
Partick will not finish bottom of the group , we can , Partick have more than 1 keeper, not quite the same situation for both teams

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Wed 24 Jul 22:58

PARrot have a mare again, who`d have thought it!?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 01:10

Quote:

DBA, Wed 24 Jul 22:58

PARrot have a mare again, who`d have thought it!?

The Parrot is totally chilled. Everyone around him appears to be having Mares.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 04:53

Quote:

PARrot, Wed 24 Jul 19:25

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Wed 24 Jul 18:20

And still the same result. Will we just go round in circles now

Nope one of us is right the other is clutching at straws to find a positive.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PansPar  
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 07:25

Not everything being said on here recently is fact (CEO salary, financial situation, what went on with the young goalie etc). Speculation doesn`t help. At the same time though what I`m seeing here and elsewhere is loads of genuine fans, people who really care about the club and will have poured a lot of money in to it over time, who are worried, frustrated or both.

None of this is just because of the Forfar game. It has built up over a year or more due to a combination of signing policy, communication, style of football, fear of relegation and other things.

The suggestion that everyone who has concerns like this is a hysterical bedwetter is pretty disrespectful.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 07:42

Quote:

PansPar, Thu 25 Jul 07:25

Not everything being said on here recently is fact (CEO salary, financial situation, what went on with the young goalie etc). Speculation doesn`t help. At the same time though what I`m seeing here and elsewhere is loads of genuine fans, people who really care about the club and will have poured a lot of money in to it over time, who are worried, frustrated or both.

None of this is just because of the Forfar game. It has built up over a year or more due to a combination of signing policy, communication, style of football, fear of relegation and other things.

The suggestion that everyone who has concerns like this is a hysterical bedwetter is pretty disrespectful.

100% this but when others can`t find any positives because realistically there is none then bed wetting is the only stock reply they can use.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 08:23

As much as that`s probably true, it`s important not to label folk "happy clappers" just because they refuse to go overboard when we lose a game.

Works both ways

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Thu 25 Jul 08:23)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 08:27

Totally agree DA, it goes both ways.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 09:06

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 25 Jul 08:23

As much as that`s probably true, it`s important not to label folk "happy clappers" just because they refuse to go overboard when we lose a game.

Works both ways

Agreed, but its more than just losing 1 game now…..its a lot bigger than that.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 09:24

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 25 Jul 08:23

Works both ways

More than one game though isn`t it. Completely winnable group and now likely we will finish at the bottom. Limped to safety last season and have a worse squad than we did the last game of the season.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 09:30

Of course it is.

However even when we`re doing OK and on a decent run there`s folk on here who are seemingly incapable or unwilling to offer any praise or positivity.

There`s also a guy who resurrects his thread wanting the manager sacked at 4.55 when we lose.

I`m happy when we win and don`t like when we lose. I know nothing about formations or tactics. If we score more than the opposition that`ll do for me. I know nothing about what goes on behind the scenes. I`ve no contacts at the club. I don`t do twitter or Instagram. I almost pine for the 80s when all we had was the games then the press reports. It was simpler but much happier times.

Can`t be arsed with fitba in general and this forum these days.

Post Edited (Thu 25 Jul 09:31)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 10:36

I`m not sure there`s anyone saying things are remotely good right now, myself included, but I hope I don`t come across as a "happy clapper" and more of a pragmatist who tries to find alternative points of view or a centre ground. Running a business is brutally difficult and I`m drawing on my experience of being on the board of a business that`s growing and has a similar turnover to the Pars. Mistakes are made along the way, constantly, and most folk in life are just trying to do their best.

It`s also worth noting that a percentage of Pars fans just have a negative disposition. That`s maybe true of all supports, it no doubt is. But there was a section of the Pars support that insisted Falkirk would beat us to the league. They were wrong. There was a section of the Pars support who thought we were certainties for relegation last year. They were wrong.

That said, there are legitimate concerns over profit and loss, recruitment and playing style. Communication concerns I think are overblown, in the social media age we tend to collect the best examples of everyone else and compare it to our own, singular situation. Our board (and previous incarnations of the board) have basically facilitated consistent, face to face meetings and it`s the same, small pool that attend time after time.

The digital age and open access to everyone and everything has created a monster.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 10:41

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Thu 25 Jul 10:36

I`m not sure there`s anyone saying things are remotely good right now, myself included, but I hope I don`t come across as a "happy clapper" and more of a pragmatist who tries to find alternative points of view or a centre ground. Running a business is brutally difficult and I`m drawing on my experience of being on the board of a business that`s growing and has a similar turnover to the Pars. Mistakes are made along the way, constantly, and most folk in life are just trying to do their best.

It`s also worth noting that a percentage of Pars fans just have a negative disposition. That`s maybe true of all supports, it no doubt is. But there was a section of the Pars support that insisted Falkirk would beat us to the league. They were wrong. There was a section of the Pars support who thought we were certainties for relegation last year. They were wrong.

That said, there are legitimate concerns over profit and loss, recruitment and playing style. Communication concerns I think are overblown, in the social media age we tend to collect the best examples of everyone else and compare it to our own, singular situation. Our board (and previous incarnations of the board) have basically facilitated consistent, face to face meetings and it`s the same, small pool that attend time after time.

The digital age and open access to everyone and everything has created a monster.

Sack the board.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 10:43

Excellent post Rusty

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 13:16

Ok, so I`m being disrespectful, lol.
Go back and read all the crap that some of you, who are so easily offended, have written about people you barely know.
Players, coaching staff, investors, the board....
Everyone is fair game for abuse, based mostly on speculation, except the perpetrators of that abuse.

Respect is not a right. It is earned.

If you can`t take it, don`t dish it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 13:39

So first off Parrot, you`re generalising - Everyone who is worried or unhappy with things must surely have dished out loads of abuse and therefore deserve insults in return. Is that your point? Because if it is, it`s way off the mark. Some will have said things that they shouldn`t, but others have not. So don`t just assume everyone deserves that language.

Second, the point I was making is that the language is insulting. Whether its saying people are bedwetters, p**s themselves, are happy clappers or whatever, it`s mocking other people because you disagree with them. Don`t try to justify that by claiming that everyone resorts to it and is therefore fair game.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 16:15

Quote:

PARrot, Thu 25 Jul 13:16

Go back and read all the crap that some of you, who are so easily offended, have written about people you barely know.
Everyone is fair game for abuse, based mostly on speculation, except the perpetrators of that abuse.

Post Edited (Thu 25 Jul 16:15)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 17:52

Quote:

PansPar, Thu 25 Jul 13:39

So first off Parrot, you`re generalising - Everyone who is worried or unhappy with things must surely have dished out loads of abuse and therefore deserve insults in return. Is that your point? Because if it is, it`s way off the mark. Some will have said things that they shouldn`t, but others have not. So don`t just assume everyone deserves that language.

I didn`t.

Second, the point I was making is that the language is insulting. Whether its saying people are bedwetters, p**s themselves, are happy clappers or whatever, it`s mocking other people because you disagree with them. Don`t try to justify that by claiming that everyone resorts to it and is therefore fair game.

Why not?

Btw everyone doesn`t.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 19:11

Quote:

Fine but don`t go crying to admin when you and your cohort of see no evil get it tight

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 25 Jul 22:57

Quote:

saltonsgonagetu, Thu 25 Jul 19:11

Quote:

Fine but don`t go crying to admin when you and your cohort of see no evil get it tight

Lol
Aye right. I won`t be losing any sleep

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Fri 26 Jul 20:32

Aye, Dick Campbell and Ian McColl have turned around East Fife and Clyde. Think Clyde are favourites to win league 2. IMc could still do a good job for a championship club 🤔.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 27 Jul 04:11

Ian McColl is probably the best manager we have never had. Over the years, he has often been mentioned as a realistic candidate, but we seem to time our management vacancies when he is employed elsewhere. I have always admired the robust style his teams display.

The years are passing, and it`s hard to believe McColl is 59 now. I still have happy memories of a youngster, freshly signed from Queen`s Park, flying down our right wing much like Alex Edwards did 20 years before him.

McColl is proper "old school" in a way that Grant and Hughes are not. Of course, we don`t have a vacancy right now, but I would be delighted to see him given a chance at EEP if the opportunity arose.

Post Edited (Sat 27 Jul 05:52)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net