DAFC.net
Home 09 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Taylor Sutherland
Topic Originator: Ahoy!Ahoy!  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 13:33

What’s everyone’s option regarding Taylor, in regard of starting?

Personally I’d have him starting next week as he has earned his chance given his recent performances. We look a little more dangerous when he’s on the pitch in the final third.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Taylor Sutherland
Topic Originator: FRED1981  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 13:36

After every game Mcpake praises him then doesn’t start him the next game strange.

F muller
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 13:38

He started against Forfar and didn’t see the ball until he came deeper and wider.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 13:43

The kid has an eye for goal and appears to do something our other "strikers" can`t - score! I can`t imagine he`s going to become Ronaldo for us but he seems a solid option for us, which is impressive given his age.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ReturningParsFan  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 15:57

Based on yesterday only, he brings loads of energy, is willing to run into dangerous areas...and can finish. That was a half-chance at best, maybe marking could have been tighter. He`s young, for sure, but definitely worth a run of starting appearances.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 16:08

Can actually score so better than Wighton and Mccann. Isn`t perma injured like Kane. Deserves more play time
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jacko Par42  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 17:24

Start him up front with either McCann or Wighton in a 4-4-2 formation, needs to get away from this 3-5-1-1 garbage that isn’t working

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ahoy!Ahoy!  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 17:31

2 out and our strikers is the way to go.

Think Wighton being the one that drops while Sutherland goes in behind would be a good combination.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Kba990309  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 17:38

Quote:

Jacko Par42, Sun 28 Jul 17:24

Start him up front with either McCann or Wighton in a 4-4-2 formation, needs to get away from this 3-5-1-1 garbage that isn’t working

Definitely

Keith allan
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: king lad  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 18:11

I think he needs to start. As others have said I wouldn`t mind seeing him with a two striker pairing up front. Whenever it`s just the lone striker role they never manage to get the support they require
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 18:45

Looks better as an impact sub to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 19:08

He’s a much better version of McCann as he gets himself into positions to score and takes his chances.

I’d have him ahead of McCann every day of the week. Might as well give the guy a run, if he takes 1 chance a game that a goal more than the 3 other duds will mange.

Shame there’s not more players coming through, at this point they would come
Straight into the team.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 21:01

It`s a shame the junior keeper is too young. I completely appreciate that Mehmet is under extra pressure as the only viable keeper and trying to keep injury free so getting someone in asap is an absolute must. Surely there are some keepers in the lower English and Irish leagues who would be good?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 21:50

I think he needs to play off a target man? Kane and Sutherland could be a good combination ?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Sun 28 Jul 21:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 22:00

Quote:

jake89, Sun 28 Jul 21:01

It`s a shame the junior keeper is too young. I completely appreciate that Mehmet is under extra pressure as the only viable keeper and trying to keep injury free so getting someone in asap is an absolute must. Surely there are some keepers in the lower English and Irish leagues who would be good?

Probably. According to the broken record we only sign players from 2 clubs so that`s that plan humped.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Sun 28 Jul 22:18

Play him up top as we have fek all to lose at this moment in time…Will Kane be available? Play both up top and play attacking football for once!

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 06:56

A broken record or someone who can back up what they say with facts?

If it’s just a short filler young keeper then it’s likely the net will be cast wider than Dundee.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 07:25

Quote:

Berkey, Mon 29 Jul 06:56

If it’s just a short filler young keeper then it’s likely the net will be cast wider than Dundee.

A broken record.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 08:57

Quote:

Berkey, Mon 29 Jul 06:56

There`s lots of examples of players McPake has signed who`ve no connection with his former clubs. You choose to ignore them for some odd reason. A lot of the "duds" (as you quaintly put it) that he`s signed came from clubs he`s had no connection with. You also ignore this.

You are a broken record.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 09:51

There`s lots of examples of players McPake has signed who`ve no connection with his former clubs.

Not one to normally defend Berkey`s lines of thought but he`s consistently referred to "senior players" that are permanent signings. Can`t think of "lots" of examples in this category, unless I`m missing some?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 10:18

Quote:

kelty_par, Mon 29 Jul 09:51

There`s lots of examples of players McPake has signed who`ve no connection with his former clubs.

Not one to normally defend Berkey`s lines of thought but he`s consistently referred to "senior players" that are permanent signings. Can`t think of "lots" of examples in this category, unless I`m missing some?

I`m sure he`ll be along shortly with a detailed list.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 10:45

Spot on Kelty, its amazing how da no 1 always (conveniently) forgets this and tries to make out it’s all players when I always say it’s experienced pro’s. He knows this but can’t argue or deflect on this.

Mcpake does not permanently sign players over 23 Unless they have played with him at Dundee or Dave at st Johnstone. Not one single experienced player has been brought in without meeting this criteria. Not one.

I created a thread on this which must be on page 2, didn’t see you post on the da no 1, a very rare post of mine where you haven’t within 10 mins tried to refute it or misrepresent it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 10:57

It has changed though.

It used to be that he wouldn`t sign players on a permanent contract who hadn`t played for Dundee or St.J.

Then we signed Otoo and KRH, so it was we would only sign players on a permanent contract from St J or Dundee - unless we`ve had them on loan before.

Then we signed Ngwenya on a permanent contract, so now we have an over-23 year old caveat which has now appeared.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 11:09

I`m still waiting to hear what`s wrong with signing players the management team have worked with before. It happens in football all the time and it makes even more sense if you`re working on a tight budget.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gthyde  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 11:12

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Mon 29 Jul 10:57

It has changed though.

It used to be that he wouldn`t sign players on a permanent contract who hadn`t played for Dundee or St.J.

Then we signed Otoo and KRH, so it was we would only sign players on a permanent contract from St J or Dundee - unless we`ve had them on loan before.

Then we signed Ngwenya on a permanent contract, so now we have an over-23 year old caveat which has now appeared.

What age is Ngwenya? Thought he was still quite young
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 11:21

Quote:

gthyde, Mon 29 Jul 11:12

Quote:

DA-go Par Adonis, Mon 29 Jul 10:57

It has changed though.

What age is Ngwenya? Thought he was still quite young

He’s 21.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 11:25

He`s signed permanently, has not been on loan to us and has never played for Dundee or St J.

He`s under 23 though, so we have a new proviso.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 11:31

He has a thing for signing players from Dundee or St Johnstone? Why hasn`t anyone mentioned this before? This is new information.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 11:45

Berkey if you don`t like people replying to your very opinionated posts maybe the Internet isn`t for you?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 11:59

I don`t remember Berkey ever approving of any signing made by any Pars` manager since I joined this Forum so I don`t understand the sudden relevance of which clubs they played for.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 16:52

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 29 Jul 11:09

I`m still waiting to hear what`s wrong with signing players the management team have worked with before. It happens in football all the time and it makes even more sense if you`re working on a tight budget.

They are all not good enough would be a good start.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 17:18

That`s a different issue isn`t it and a matter of opinion? For some reason Berkey seems to have an aversion to signing players from the management team`s previous clubs.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 17:33

If they were fit ,would be a start.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 18:09

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 29 Jul 17:18

That`s a different issue isn`t it and a matter of opinion? For some reason Berkey seems to have an aversion to signing players from the management team`s previous clubs.

It`s an opinion based on the shambles that were our cup games and the limp towards safety last season. We have signed players who aren`t good or fit enough to compete in this league. None of our players will score more than 7 goals this season and we will finish at best in the relegation playoffs if we don`t improve this squad dramatically. Don`t even get me started that we released a keeper and still haven`t replaced him.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 18:15

I don’t have an aversion to it at all, you would expect mcpake to know how to get the best out of them and know where he wanted to play them right????

The problem I have is that surely we can all agree there’s more quality outside of these 2 clubs than in them, how have we not been able to bring even one player on a perm deal who is over 22 from the rest of the footballing world in what is our 3rd summer and 5th window….

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 18:18

You probably didn`t think we would get out of League 1 in one season and would be relegated last season so we`ll have to see how your predictions pan out. I gave up forecasting the results of football matches years ago as it`s a mug`s game, especially this far out.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 18:23

"I`m still waiting to hear what`s wrong with signing players the management team have worked with before. It happens in football all the time and it makes even more sense if you`re working on a tight budget."

I think there`s a difference between bringing in one or two guys who can supplement things, maybe specific skills you lack or roles you haven`t filled (leadership, specific positions) but when it seems every player comes from that pool then it limits the number if potential targets. It also causes issues the longer the manager has been out of the game - a lot of the players we`ve signed are even players that have played with McPake and/or MacKay. Clearly that means it`s likely to be older players and will get worse if that`s a strategy that they keep using. Dundee fans did say that a lot of his signings there seemed to be from his contact book. When that`s Charlie Adam and he can win you games singlehandedly then it`s not an issue but sadly we`ve not had the same difference maker.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 18:30

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 29 Jul 18:18

You probably didn`t think we would get out of League 1 in one season and would be relegated last season so we`ll have to see how your predictions pan out. I gave up forecasting the results of football matches years ago as it`s a mug`s game, especially this far out.

I said the squad wasn`t good enough to challenge top 4 which was pretty accurate and I`m looking on track to making it 2/2. I hope I`m wrong but realistically it looks like we will struggle again this year.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 19:09

Did you not foresee the injury crisis we experienced last season? There are so many variables during a football season, some outside the club`s control, that make predictions a lottery.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 20:33

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 29 Jul 19:09

Did you not foresee the injury crisis we experienced last season? There are so many variables during a football season, some outside the club`s control, that make predictions a lottery.

Wish people would stop using the injuries of last year to deflect from this year…….we have no sub keeper and a squad thats threadbare and looks like will be fighting a relegation battle this year due to managers tactical nouse.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 21:10

That`s not what I was doing. I was using it as an example of why predicting what`s going to happen in the course of a season is such a lottery.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 21:30

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 29 Jul 21:10

That`s not what I was doing. I was using it as an example of why predicting what`s going to happen in the course of a season is such a lottery.

I would agree predicting the championship this season will be a lottery except for one team and that is us unfortunately
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 23:48

Quote:

A team plagued with injuries and the decisions from the board (most likely) is to reduce even further our playing squad. Madness
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 06:55

Quote:

Dave_1885, Mon 29 Jul 20:33

Quote:

Wish people would stop using the injuries of last year to deflect from this year…….we have no sub keeper and a squad thats threadbare and looks like will be fighting a relegation battle this year due to managers tactical nouse.

That`s all he has hence why I didn`t reply. I said we would struggle to compete last year and I was right I`m saying the same again this year as I`d say the squad is worse than last year at the moment. I`d love to be wrong but we have to be realistic.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 07:19

Without the long term injuries to Benedictus, Fisher, Breen, Comrie, Todd and KRH, I think we would definitely have made the playoffs

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 08:18

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Tue 30 Jul 07:19

Without the long term injuries to Benedictus, Fisher, Breen, Comrie, Todd and KRH, I think we would definitely have made the playoffs

We have these players this season so we will see.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 09:01

"We have these players this season so we will see"

It`s not quite as black and white as that as our opponents are not the same - no Arbroath, ICT or DU and many of our existing opponents have made numerous changes to their squads.

Matty Todd is out already

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 09:30

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Tue 30 Jul 09:01

It`s not quite as black and white as that as our opponents are not the same - no Arbroath, ICT or DU and many of our existing opponents have made numerous changes to their squads.

We were lucky that Inverness had the season they did.

I`ve just finished listening to the Scottish football podcast and they predicted us to go down as well. We are probably the worst team in this division and not even having 2 Keepers at this stage is inexcusable. If Denis gets injured or suspended we are goosed. The longer we don`t have one the higher the wage demands will be as everyone knows we need one. It`s totally unacceptable to not have signed a backup at this stage.

Coupled with half of our squad are injured every second week what chance realistically have we got? We are banking on another team having a worse season than we are to stay up.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 09:33

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Tue 30 Jul 09:30

Quote:

I`ve just finished listening to the Scottish football podcast and they predicted us to go down as well. We are probably the worst team in this division and not even having 2 Keepers at this stage is inexcusable. If Denis gets injured or suspended we are goosed. The longer we don`t have one the higher the wage demands will be as everyone knows we need one. It`s totally unacceptable to not have signed a backup at this stage.

Coupled with half of our squad are injured every second week what chance realistically have we got? We are banking on another team having a worse season than we are to stay up.

Is that the podcast with Craig Telfer was going to give it a listen
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 09:47

Quote:

LEGEND85, Tue 30 Jul 09:33

Quote:

Quote:

If it is they never predicted us to go down. 8th was the prediction.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 09:49

Quote:

LEGEND85, Tue 30 Jul 09:33

Quote:

Quote:

It`s basically a recording of sport sound from the night before.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 14:04

Canny wait to finish in the playoffs and get promoted. Mcpake to get a statue in the city centre then his head called for after getting put out next seasons league cup.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net