DAFC.net
Home 09 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Bene`s Thoughts
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 13:24

Bene`s post match interview, worth a read if you`re interested in a different perspective from .net:

https://dafc.co.uk/defending-not-good-enough-for-skipper/
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Bene`s Thoughts
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 13:34

Players are not daft they must see that we are in for a difficult period it must be quite demoralising
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 13:37

I can’t recall a more negative feeling going into a new season since I started supporting us.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 13:45

Interestingly he mentions the squad size "That’s Chris Kane, Matty Todd and Fisher out now. Obviously this happened last season and we don’t want it to happen again so it’s evident we need a few boys in.”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 15:15

“It’s evident we need a few boys in” -There’s only one small group who it isn’t evident to, and that’s those in control of the budget.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 15:20

The silence from the CEO and Board is deafening. The manager and club captain telling us that we need additional players.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 15:23

Club captain saying we need players in is just showing an embarrassing inditement of where we are now!

Will we have a keeper on the bench by Saturday?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RMGpar  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 15:29

I am positive we will have a keeper on the bench ?(if not starting) on Saturday, I don`t even think the board would be as stupid as to not get a keeper in, they know they are under pressure!

Training must be so difficult the now with one senior keeper in training, not even thinking about trying to avoid injury etc...

Mad to think that Mehmet collapsed on the pitch last game of the season and we go into this season without even a backup currently!

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 15:33

I`d be surprised if the CEO decides the size of the player budget.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: bigdonnie  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 16:02

im beginning to think our club is just a plaything for this german mob remember state hearts were in with romanov pars and dundee utd actually turned him down before he got hearts bringing in goalkeeper wont help we need strikers

donald mcneil
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 16:15

I`m not sure that comparison stands up, Donnie. Our owners are criticised for not being open enough. Romanov was the exact opposite - he loved publicity and self-promotion.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OorWullie  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 16:28

Topic Originator: wee eck like
Date: Mon 29 Jul 15:33

"I`d be surprised if the CEO decides the size of the player budget."

Well as CEO, he is surely responsible for the P&L of DAFC and as a consequence, the player budget will form part of that?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 16:30

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 29 Jul 15:33

I`d be surprised if the CEO decides the size of the player budget.

Id be surprised if he didn’t decide the budget, given that he is the CEO 😂

Post Edited (Mon 29 Jul 16:45)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Gaz3822  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 16:32

Oh to be a fly on the wall in the boardroom, the changing room and McPake`s sitting room when he goes home to the wife lol

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 17:13

"The silence from the CEO and Board is deafening"

the CEO last week:

"The Club continues to assess Kai in training and look at options to support the squad"

taken from kelty_par`s post from the last "supporters group meeting" which Meggle was at:

"Squad - want to to add GK and defender by league cup and start of season and then use loan market after that"

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 17:15

In most companies the board of directors would approve the budgets for the main areas of expenditure and charge the CEO with implementing them. I can hardly imagine he can tell the people who are financing the company how much they are expected to spend in each area. It`s the same mistake fans make about Neil Doncaster at the SPFL. They assume he can do as he pleases but his job is to carry out the wishes of the SPFL board.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GJS93  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 17:30

"However, it is hoped a deal for one of several loan options originally identified by Dunfermline will soon be concluded, possibly as early as on Tuesday."

Courier

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 17:36

Will you be able to add to your squad this week?

“I don’t think so. Potentially a goalkeeper, we will wait and see, we are working on a goalkeeper but other than that I don’t think so.
From McPakes post match interview.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 17:48

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 29 Jul 17:15

In most companies the board of directors would approve the budgets for the main areas of expenditure and charge the CEO with implementing them. I can hardly imagine he can tell the people who are financing the company how much they are expected to spend in each area. It`s the same mistake fans make about Neil Doncaster at the SPFL. They assume he can do as he pleases but his job is to carry out the wishes of the SPFL board.

So if the CEO is "in charge of implementing them" he is at fault for not getting anything done to solve the dire situation ?

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 18:01

Which particular `dire situation` are you referring to? The team`s form? The size of the squad? The trading losses?

The fact is we don`t know exactly what the CEO`s remit is so he gets blamed for everything. The problem is that all these issues are inter-related. To get the losses down the board might say we`re going to invest less in the playing squad which might impact the team`s results. It`s a difficult juggling act to get all three right. As fans we would like more money to be invested in the squad but it`s easy to say that if it`s someone else`s money.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 18:07

“That’s Chris Kane out now” this was a known though as there was little chance he was going to play more than 60-70% of our games.

Would be really interesting to see how our wage budget compares to others in the league, could it be that mehmet, chalmers, wighton, otoo and KRH are on pretty big money for this level? Wasn’t KRH on £2k-£3k a week at rangers before he came here? Otoo surely would have been earning at least 4 figures a week?

It might be we have a decent budget but 2-3 players are on money which means we just can’t have a big enough squad? Obv we broke the wage structure last Jan in an attempt to stay in the league.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 18:13

Quite a lot of guesswork in there - everything is speculation in fact!

One other snippet from the Courier is that Fisher is fit enough to take part in full preparation for next Saturday`s game.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 18:31

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 29 Jul 18:01

Which particular `dire situation` are you referring to? The team`s form? The size of the squad? The trading losses?

The fact is we don`t know exactly what the CEO`s remit is so he gets blamed for everything. The problem is that all these issues are inter-related. To get the losses down the board might say we`re going to invest less in the playing squad which might impact the team`s results. It`s a difficult juggling act to get all three right. As fans we would like more money to be invested in the squad but it`s easy to say that if it`s someone else`s money.

The fact we have 1 goalkeeper who is woeful to start the league season I`d say is pretty dire ?

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 18:56

I know I`m like a broken record on this, but we need to get beyond reliance on loans. We`ve had some great loans but they take a while to gel and then leave so we`re back to square one.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Mon 29 Jul 18:57

Quote:

wee eck, Mon 29 Jul 18:13

Quite a lot of guesswork in there - everything is speculation in fact!

One other snippet from the Courier is that Fisher is fit enough to take part in full preparation for next Saturday`s game.

To be fair to Berkey, the only higher earner he forgot to mention was O`Halloran.....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 12:36

You have got to invest in the first team. If things are going well on the pitch revenue off it increases. This board will reap what it sows I’m afraid.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Lambo1885  
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 13:02

"You have got to invest in the first team. If things are going well on the pitch revenue off it increases"

Didn`t work for Masterton and Yorkston.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 13:05

Quote:

Lambo1885, Tue 30 Jul 13:02

"You have got to invest in the first team. If things are going well on the pitch revenue off it increases"

Didn`t work for Masterton and Yorkston.

Slightly different circumstances I would suggest
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 14:49

Not that different - people are advocating to spend money we don`t have in the hope of recovering it later through increased gates, prize money, merch sales etc etc.

That`s pretty much exactly what happened in the Yorkston/Masterton era - paying wages on the expectation of 8k gates every week and the misplaced assumption that success would breed success.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 15:07

Quote:

Bandy, Tue 30 Jul 14:49

Not that different - people are advocating to spend money we don`t have in the hope of recovering it later through increased gates, prize money, merch sales etc etc.

That`s pretty much exactly what happened in the Yorkston/Masterton era - paying wages on the expectation of 8k gates every week and the misplaced assumption that success would breed success.

Not quite. People are suggesting spending money to avoid further financial issues in a year when we get relegated.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 17:57

Quote:

I’m not talking the 5 grand a week wages of the past but if we can’t offer someone an extra £100 or £200 for them to come to us then that’s worrying. I would love to know where the lifeline money goes. Around £20,000 a month remember the days of get your season ticket early to help the player budget. Long gone.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kdy Par  
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 18:15

Quote:

Parfect69, Tue 30 Jul 17:57

Quote:

I’m not talking the 5 grand a week wages of the past but if we can’t offer someone an extra £100 or £200 for them to come to us then that’s worrying. I would love to know where the lifeline money goes. Around £20,000 a month remember the days of get your season ticket early to help the player budget. Long gone.

The lifeline money now goes directly to the youth academy.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 18:41

That’s a fair chunk, maybe split it up a wee bit
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 18:57

The only way we will ever be able to be self sufficient is to be in the Premier league with increased crowds and TV money. We show no ambition to get there, we will always run at a loss in this league. Penny pinching just makes our squad weaker and more likely to struggle. I wonder what our owners actually thought when they said our aim was to be self sufficient
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 19:12

Quote:

Pars Athletic, Tue 30 Jul 18:57

The only way we will ever be able to be self sufficient is to be in the Premier league with increased crowds and TV money. We show no ambition to get there, we will always run at a loss in this league. Penny pinching just makes our squad weaker and more likely to struggle. I wonder what our owners actually thought when they said our aim was to be self sufficient

Good post.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 19:26

Quote:

Objection!

Pure speculation.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 20:47

Quote:

weemike, Tue 30 Jul 19:26

Quote:

Objection!

Pure speculation.

Objection overruled! I would enjoy seeing where this leads! Only because I am a masochist….
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 21:00

There is one positive I see in all of this, and to be honest, I`m as despondent as the rest of the posters on here. That is that the squad we presently have are the very ones on whom the burden of success lies. They know they can`t pass the buck to anyone else. The onus of responsibility is on them and them alone. What better incentive is that to go out there and prove us all wrong. We have no alternative. The team we have is the team that needs to produce the goods. Life is full of challenges and this is a big one. But just imagine the transformation if they just started to believe. It`s happened before, it can happen again.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 22:06

Does the team believe in the current manager and back room staff… players getting played out of position as he wants to play such a boring defensive formation…🤷

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 22:45

I think it`s more down to inspiration and belief than anything else. Sometimes a manager can instill that but sometimes the inspiration can come from the players themselves. The challenge appears before them and collectively they focus on the challenge and go for it. In the process they individually develop their abilities and become a formidable team.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Wed 31 Jul 08:17

Got to agree with alter ego here paralex.

We now have a situation where for example Kane plays if fit, that’s demoralising to the other forward players who have completed pre season training and pretty much regardless of how they perform they will be dropped for a few weeks until Kane picks up a knock etc.

If you were a player would you rather have a go at a team and if you get beat you get beat, or would you rather set up to nick a 1-0 and get beat without having really tried?

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Wed 31 Jul 08:25

Quote:

Berkey, Wed 31 Jul 08:17

Got to agree with alter ego here paralex.

We now have a situation where for example Kane plays if fit, that’s demoralising to the other forward players who have completed pre season training and pretty much regardless of how they perform they will be dropped for a few weeks until Kane picks up a knock etc.

If you were a player would you rather have a go at a team and if you get beat you get beat, or would you rather set up to nick a 1-0 and get beat without having really tried?

Kane only "plays when fit" if the strikers ahead of him currently aren`t performing. Bizarre speculation to say our strikers are demoralised, but standard fare for you.

Not even going to address that last paragraph.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 31 Jul 10:02

Aye, in both the Forfar and Cove game, we were the side with all of the ball and territory. It was them who set up to nick a 1-0, albeit we somehow conspired to give away 2 goals to each of them. We also played a different formation from one game to the next, so you can`t even blame starting with 3 centre backs.

From a defensive point of view, the failure was down to us defending poorly and the keeper making mistakes. Going forward, there was complete lack of any idea or plan to create any chances - this despite us signing Wotherspoon for this very reason.

It was not a negative set up that cost us, more the fact that it is completely pedestrian, there`s a lack of movement off the ball and, on the rare occasion we have got into a dangerous situation, the execution has been sadly lacking. There also looks to be no confidence or belief in the side at all - especially strange in the Forfar match given that it was on the back of a good result at Spartans.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Wed 31 Jul 11:10

From a defensive point of view, the failure was down to us defending poorly and the keeper making mistakes.

I knew we`d be discussing it, but I didn`t think it would be so soon.

We must be very low in confidence throughout the squad.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bucuresti Par  
Date:   Wed 31 Jul 11:25

It was a negative setup that cost us against Forfar, we had 3 centre backs which we didn`t require, 2 full backs playing as wing backs and largely defensive midfielders in front of them. In short, too many defensive players that simply weren`t needed. There is no guarantee that we would have won playing more attacking, but there would have been more chance. To be fair, McPake did make changes for Cove, it helped a bit, some of the combinations didn`t work (Wighton & Wotherspoon for example) but although it was a poor game, we didn`t deserve to lose.

The team does need to be set up in a more positive way, will give the fans something to get behind. Confidence is low as well, the only way to get that going is by scoring. Too much pressure on Mehmet and the defence knowing if you make a mistake that could be it, as we don`t look like doing anything at the other end.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Wed 31 Jul 12:25

Anyone that watched the Cove game and thought we were better is seeing something very different to me. The main takeaway for me was that Sutherland, O'Halloran and Chalmers all looked far better off the bench than starting.

I actually hope we set up to be solid against Livi and try and nick a result. We did that twice at Tannadice last season and got a couple of points (should have been 4). We are far poorer at EEP when we have the majority of possession/territory.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.

Post Edited (Wed 31 Jul 12:28)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 31 Jul 16:00

There is absolutely no need for this squad to be lacking in confidence.
They only need to read dotnet, and they would be brimming with it. Especially Mehmet, McCann, Chalmers, and O`halleron.
McPake, too. He should just have a squint now and then and he would be on top of the world.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LEGEND85  
Date:   Wed 31 Jul 16:11

Quote:

PARrot, Wed 31 Jul 16:00

They only need to read dotnet, and they would be brimming with it. Especially Mehmet, McCann, Chalmers, and O`halleron.
McPake, too. He should just have a squint now and then and he would be on top of the world.

Or they could interact with fans in the real world where the message would be straight to the point
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 31 Jul 16:13

I`m definitely a contributor to slating performances but you`ve got to consider how pointless it is. The players and management know when something is crap. Us all shouting about it doesn`t solve the issue.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 31 Jul 16:19

Quote:

LEGEND85, Wed 31 Jul 16:11

Quote:

PARrot, Wed 31 Jul 16:00

Or they could interact with fans in the real world where the message would be straight to the point

Aye so you`d interact in the real world with the players, aye?

Of course you would. You`d walk right up to Mehmet or Bene in the street and tell them they`re useless.....

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 31 Jul 17:25

Quote:

jake89, Wed 31 Jul 16:13

I`m definitely a contributor to slating performances but you`ve got to consider how pointless it is. The players and management know when something is crap. Us all shouting about it doesn`t solve the issue.

I`m sure the players know when they have played badly, but they are truly blessed to be able to have their personal opinions confirmed on here with such grace.
The amount of thought behind each carefully calculated critical analysis can only serve to help them improve.
There is nothing like loyal fans giving up their valuable time to lift your spirits when you are hurting.
I`m sure they really appreciate the unselfish commitment.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net