DAFC.net
Home 09 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Parstv-away fixtures
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 23:03

Heard from a few that the club has pulled the plug on parstv coverage for all away games ,another cost cutting exercise, If true we must be in a bad way ,as surely this is not high cost and I thought the lads were volunteers
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Parstv-away fixtures
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 23:11

Quick and easy way to answer this one - Brian, is it true, yes or no?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Sat 3 Aug 23:41

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sat 3 Aug 23:11

You want his reply posted on here or sent by carrier pigeon? Either way it might take a while
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 00:00

Quote:

Back_oh_the_net, Sat 3 Aug 23:41

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sat 3 Aug 23:11

You want his reply posted on here or sent by carrier pigeon? Either way it might take a while

Most likely, but will still be faster than the clubs response 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 02:51

It is true. A false economy. And please, no smart-ass comments about Brian. He is between a rock and a hard place on this.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 07:13

Can anyone explain to me how the revenue works for Pars TV on away games.
All ticket proceeds for the away games must surely be for the home club (maybe except some percentage administration fees).
I thought the same must happen with Pars TV (except for costs. E.g. fuel and car costs) that all money must go to the home club.
I have always wondered how that works.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 08:37

I want to keep this short, but will ramble about Saturday Block

the club said no away streams due to difficult conditions at away grounds.

how does the platform work. Some of you may notice that this is a generic platform with 6 clubs streaming through it. All income through the platform goes to the indivudual club. (they do have to pay costs for the platform though)
That is my project I developed.
I have helped ParsTV as a volunteer as well.

https://ScottisFootball.online

The SPFL clubs have an agreement that all clubs can stream all matches (home and away) to overseas subscribers. Strange IMO but thats the rules.

There is a block on a Saturday afternoon preventing clubs streaming to the UK/RI. so thats why it`s overseas subscriptions only.

However it is worth noting that the is only one country this season that has a block on a Saturday afternoon. I`ll leave you to guess which country that is.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Fethiyespar  
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 09:44

Quote:

brian, Sun 4 Aug 08:37

how does the platform work. Some of you may notice that this is a generic platform with 6 clubs streaming through it. All income through the platform goes to the indivudual club. (they do have to pay costs for the platform though)

https://ScottishFootball.online

Link updated 😁

The SPFL clubs have an agreement that all clubs can stream all matches (home and away) to overseas subscribers. Strange IMO but thats the rules.

There is a block on a Saturday afternoon preventing clubs streaming to the UK/RI. so thats why it`s overseas subscriptions only.

However it is worth noting that the is only one country this season that has a block on a Saturday afternoon. I`ll leave you to guess which country that is.

Of the four championship matches that were listed on the Scottish Football menu in my IPTV system yesterday not one of them streamed the match. Three of them streamed the Motherwell v Ross County match and one had an advert for the Hearts v Rangers match.
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sun 4 Aug 12:00

I personally would like to thank Brian and the other parstv team members who have spent their own free time and on many occasions taken abuse when coverage was poor .

As Brian has stated this has been a club decision not that of Brian or the other parsrv team volunteers

Again thanks to all pars tv team who have helped provide pars away games over the years
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 01:21

This is deeply concerning. I don`t know if it was the very start, but I`ve watched Pars TV since around 2005 back when, I think, it was Groovy Dave running it. Board need to get the absolute finger out
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 01:33

Quote:

Andrew283, Mon 5 Aug 01:21

This is deeply concerning. I don`t know if it was the very start, but I`ve watched Pars TV since around 2005 back when, I think, it was Groovy Dave running it. Board need to get the absolute finger out

Agree
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MinnesotaAndy  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 08:39

As a long time overseas fan I have greatly appreciated the effort made by PARStv to stream away games. It feels like a massive retrograde step to no longer be doing this.

Perhaps there is more to this story than has so far been revealed. Some clubs may be wishing to maximise their own PPV income and so have decided either to deny access to PARStv or ask for an unreasonable high access charge. (This is speculation on my part.)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 16:45

Quote:

MinnesotaAndy, Mon 5 Aug 08:39

As a long time overseas fan I have greatly appreciated the effort made by PARStv to stream away games. It feels like a massive retrograde step to no longer be doing this.

Perhaps there is more to this story than has so far been revealed. Some clubs may be wishing to maximise their own PPV income and so have decided either to deny access to PARStv or ask for an unreasonable high access charge. (This is speculation on my part.)

There is no access charge - the ‘reciprocal’ permissions were at the insistence of the OF, who obviously assumed that they would be the only distributors and didn’t want to pay anything to home clubs when they sold their away games to their foreign supporters.

Many clubs were deliberately obstructive from the outset, Hibs were by far the worst, but others would try to be difficult at times.

‘Lux-TV’ as nicknamed never got point-blank refused by any clubs, but I did have direct contact with SPL at the time to sort out issues…
I was broadcasting for Pars, Dundee Utd, Livi, Falkirk, Motherwell, and had done some games for St Mirren, Killie, Aberdeen

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 18:06

Appreciate this would be difficult to coordinate but wouldn`t the simplest option be to have ALL clubs streaming their home games and those streams available to all subscribers. The subscriber states who their "home" club is and that`s where their fee would go (minus admin fees etc). The ParsTV service is in a few clubs already but presumably it could be any service provided it was compatible with the subscription service?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 18:19

why do you think SFO was setup - LOL ;o)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 18:21

But can we get all Championship sides signed up and agreement that if you`re signed up to "Club X" the subscription to SFO gives you access to all their games home and away?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 20:08

Putting my tin hat on but could it simply just been down to the quality of service, ParsTV has been poor for a while, it’s rare when I look at posts on those kind of threads where there isn’t complaints about buffering/freezing/cutouts etc.

And the last game there was quite a bit of noise on arranging refunds so rather than it be specifically a cost cutting measure is it more realistically not worth the hassle for the reputation it has aligned to it?

I get that some grounds are dodgy connection wise but there are a good few stadiums that stream fine but we always tend to have glitches of some sort.

It was more expensive to watch it on ParsTV than it was to go in person for the League Cup fixtures.

Not trying to be an erse, get it’s all voluntary and is a massive investment of time and is appreciated by many posters.

I’m just not convinced it’s down to budget constraints, if it really is, then we are in an absolutely horrendous situation financially.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 20:34

Berry, I think your confusing things. Yes of course the odd person can have buffering issues.
I checked the logs of away games from January to may, there was one time at Arbroath where there was a drop in the second half. All others went without a glitch.
We don`t tend to have glitches, although will agree Spartans had a couple issues and said Livingston game.

At the last game (Livingston you mean 2 weeks ago) where we had technical issues you imply there was a lot of fuss regarding refunds.
You won`t want to hear the truth that refunds were done on the Sunday without any fuss.

Yes indeed the League Cup fixture was dearer but the clubs agreed that (NOT ParsTV) and I surmise that the clubs wanted people go to the match.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 20:48

Think we can agree to disagree, from what I’ve seen on this forum in the past there’s been more issues than your logs suggest.

When I mention fuss about refunds, I’m not talking about the actual processing of the refund, which I’m glad has gone well. It’s more the need for a refund in the first place.

Would the club be happy to put out an offering/service which isn’t fit for purpose? Wouldn’t have thought so.

Just think that is more likely the reason than folk thinking it’s a cost cutting measure because in the large scheme of things, you’d think there are other areas they’d be focussing on cutting their cloth on (aside from the playing squad which is already clearly taking a hit), it can’t be costing a high amount of money surely?

Not blaming the pricing on ParsTV, just thought that was a bit of a stinker of a move from the club.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 21:10

I think you are confusing the one-off issue at Livingston and implying it happens every week, totally untrue, so your complaining about having to do one refund ??

the ParsTV team at the match wanted to pull the plug just before kick-off but in my opinion at the time I thought it would have been solved pretty quickly. In the peace and quite the issue was identified and if happens again will know very quickly. I think you have to commend people for trying numerous options to attempt to get the stream out for viewers.

how many times have you actually used ParsTV ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 21:14

Seems that half of my post above was cut off…

The bit that was missed:

I am surprised that the club has pulled the plug on streaming away matches - there has been occasions that signal was flakey, or the home club refused access, and the whingeing on here was out of order at times.

Perhaps the board just decided to get rid of one lump of complaints that they had no control over.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 21:16

Berry, sometimes there were a few people on the forum complaining about the stream but weren’t actually watching it.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 21:21

like Berry who never watches it either !

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 21:46

Would it not be sensible to have an agreement between sides to share streams as it is obviously easier to set up a permanent camera system in your home ground.It would help all the volunteers as they would only have one site to concentrate on.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 21:52

donj, don`t be silly, thats too obvious an answer.

however, IMO, the Pixellot system was kind of intended for that, but didn`t work out

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 22:13

Seems I’ve touched a nerve but come on, every once in a while there is a thread complaining about the service and then a general whinge at you Brian for refusing to accept there is an issue with it.

I’ve seen it a good few times over the years.

I don’t need to be an avid user of the service to come to that conclusion.

Buffy, you’re probably right, there will be people watching it on dodgier streams and will be complaining in the same thread no doubt.

Anyway, I’m not precious, I was just trying to raise the argument that it may not be a cost cutting exercise with those concerned about administration.

Didn’t intend to get into a debate about the service or offend, I appreciate the work that it entails and how appreciative those abroad are.

Post Edited (Mon 05 Aug 22:19)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 22:26

Not a raw nerve.

Just don`t like the way your spreading lies. If you are taking about 2 years ago (when I was not directly involved) then why, issues thereafter got sorted

Happy for you to come down and see the proof of the streams for last season to show the performance levels.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 22:32

The logs don`t show sound issues or camera issues.

It`s a bit disingenuous just to say it`s fine because the logs don`t show an issue.

You won`t even accept that it is not up to standard when other clubs are providing a better product.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 22:35

I`m afraid the logs of each user shows if they were watching continuously or not. You may not understand the technology.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 22:45

Quote:

brian, Mon 5 Aug 22:35

I`m afraid the logs of each user shows if they were watching continuously or not. You may not understand the technology.

OK Brian. Maybe you don`t understand what your customers are experiencing

if the sound quality is bad at source, I.e mics not connected correctly then that won`t show up on the logs. As the connection will be fine, just a poor quality connection is being broadcast at EEP.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 22:57

Ok, sorry, not sure what you mean about audio issues

When and where were these issues reported?

We are well aware of customers issues on the support chat.
If people had real issues then they would report them on official channels?

Also to note for the last 15 months parstv used Rode wireless mics and not once has their been any reported issues

Post Edited (Mon 05 Aug 23:10)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 5 Aug 23:19

Weemike, how often do you use parstv?

Ah, ok you don`t 🤔
Your also making up stories.

See, I can tell your lying when you talk about poor connection at EEP

Why am I even bothering about this dialogue,.

Post Edited (Mon 05 Aug 23:47)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 10:31

I don`t know why you`re bothering either because you never accept there is an issue!

- whenever there is an issue, the viewer`s set up is blamed automatically, even when there are multiple complaints
- whenever there is an issue, it`s always something that`s not your fault (connection was lost, laptop rebooted, microphones hadn`t updated properly, a cable came loose, etc) even when a lot of them are clearly issues that could have been checked ahead of time
- whenever there is an issue, it`s always minimised (well I heard it was down so I fixed it, so I don`t see the issue? I know you missed a goal but I fixed the problem so who cares?)
- whenever there is an issue, the fact that it is done by volunteers is brought up (even though every other club outside the top flight uses volunteers)

Then on top of this, dropping away games when people have seen an increase in their subscriptions is really poor. Blaming connections at other grounds is also weird given that the grounds in this league have all seen decent streams in the past with the possible exception of Hamilton. It`s not like we have Edinburgh City or Cove or Arbroath in the division where there historically have been issues getting a stable Internet connection?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 10:44

deary me. I don`t know where you are getting all your excuses.
why am I replying, because people need to know what you are talking about.
indeed some of these issues have occurred, though very few actually happened during the stream.

-- connection was lost - yes indeed that can happen at times. once last year at Arbroath the stream dropped briefly in second half. At Spartans recently had a couple drops in the stream, due to connection.

-- laptop rebooted - don`t ever recall laptop booting during a match. maybe once or twice over the years it rebooted while setting up.

-- microphones hadn`t updated properly - ever since purchased new wireless mics (more than 15 months ago) we have never had any problem

-- a cable came loose - our camera and laptop are very old and the cables are not always making a good connection. we have requested a new Camera and new laptop to overcome this.

-- even when a lot of them are clearly issues that could have been checked ahead of time - you seriously think kit isn`t checked before matches ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 10:59

Quote:

brian, Mon 5 Aug 23:19

Weemike, how often do you use parstv?

Ah, ok you don`t 🤔
Your also making up stories.

See, I can tell your lying when you talk about poor connection at EEP

Why am I even bothering about this dialogue,.

Are you seriously just accusing me of

A. Not being a customer and

B. making stuff up now?

How often do you actually take on-board what people are saying to you?

You are arrogant.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 12:16

Don`t want to teach grannies to suck eggs here but it seems to me like Brian`s reviewed the feedback, cut out what is simply user error or unavoidable and accepted genuine failures and identified how to resolve them.

If other clubs have better feeds (I don`t know if they do) it would be worth engaging with them to share ideas on how to improve the service reliability and quality.

Surely the club accepts that this service needs continuous support to ensure a good service is delivered? They can`t keep taking the subs money and not investing any of it back in the running of the...oh, hang on...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 12:26

As much as it pains me I’m going to side with Brian on the problems at away games! I work in the Football Technology side so have an insight.

To get a decent stream out for a game it clearly relies on a decent upload speed and a hardwired connection (it can be done through mobile but when there’s a decent crowd that upload speed will drop making it unstable - I worked at St Johnstone last night and couldn’t even get a text message out never mind anything else).

You need the away club to allow you to use their internet and their cat 6 ports! Not every club will allow that. Then there is a club like Livingston who last season had TV cameras there every week which were required by VAR so would have had a very decent broadband connection - now they’ve gone down and no longer need VAR or a high speed broadband connection (since they aren’t streaming themselves) they won’t be paying for a decent high speed connection since it’s not required!

So every away game provides a different set of challenges! It’s not as straightforward as it would seem!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OorWullie  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 13:53

A good insight, parfectX1. Provides some balance and context

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Swisspar  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 15:29

I`m more concerned about both the loss of away games (which weren`t guaranteed) but also a price hike of ÂŁ20 to watch fewer games!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Higgys Mohawk  
Date:   Tue 6 Aug 20:53

Now that we are only getting home games, will the subscription be half price? As we are effectively getting half of the goods we were previously?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Wed 7 Aug 06:29

To say there hasn`t been issues is a bit misleading. Were there not refunds handed out a couple of weeks ago because the stream was unwatchable?

I watched pars TV like most during COVID and I thought the stream offered was poor due to others that were on offer Arbroath had the best imo. I have watched it a few times since and it serves a purpose for fans like Luxembourg par rigger,Oz etc who can get access to games they are missing. Although I also feel that when posters make suggestions it`s met with "there are no issues".

I get it`s ran by volunteers but when guys are paying decent dollar for a service that doesn`t meet their expectations( nobody is expecting sky coverage and the fact our CEO said as much during a fans meeting was cringe worthy) I think as a club we can do better with listening to suggestions instead of hiding behind the volunteers banner.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Aug 14:28

Quote:

Higgys Mohawk, Tue 6 Aug 20:53

Now that we are only getting home games, will the subscription be half price? As we are effectively getting half of the goods we were previously?

‘We’?
Are you a ParsTV season ticket purchaser?

As far as I recall, the subscription was for home games plus as many away games that could be managed.
THE CLUB have declared that away matches would no longer be an option, not Brian or ParsTV.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Aug 16:39

Quote:

Luxembourg Par, Wed 7 Aug 14:28

Quote:

‘We’?
Are you a ParsTV season ticket purchaser?

As far as I recall, the subscription was for home games plus as many away games that could be managed.
THE CLUB have declared that away matches would no longer be an option, not Brian or ParsTV.

“We” as in the fans/subscribers. I am not a pars tv season ticket holder, but spend time working overseas and cannot purchase for a single game - it’s a monthly or yearly subscription. Regardless of whether the club or parstv made the decision, it’s still still less content for the same subscription price.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Aug 17:09

Quote:

Higgys Mohawk, Wed 7 Aug 16:39

“We” as in the fans/subscribers. I am not a pars tv season ticket holder, but spend time working overseas and cannot purchase for a single game - it’s a monthly or yearly subscription. Regardless of whether the club or parstv made the decision, it’s still still less content for the same subscription price.

Riiiight - so you’re not a subscriber, season ticket or monthly.
Glad we cleared that up.

You have polled all the paying viewers, who all gave you authority to mank and moan on our behalf? No? Colour me surprised.

Regardless who made the decision?
Really?
The club makes a decision, and you’re complaining to the service provider that is acting under instruction?

I guess when Irn Bru went ‘low sugar’, you were giving abuse to wee Mrs McKechnie in the Spar - cos it’s obviously there that decisions are made.
Gimme strength.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Aug 18:28

Quote:

Luxembourg Par, Wed 7 Aug 17:09

Quote:

Higgys Mohawk, Wed 7 Aug 16:39

Riiiight - so you’re not a subscriber, season ticket or monthly.
Glad we cleared that up.

You have polled all the paying viewers, who all gave you authority to mank and moan on our behalf? No? Colour me surprised.

Regardless who made the decision?
Really?
The club makes a decision, and you’re complaining to the service provider that is acting under instruction?

I guess when Irn Bru went ‘low sugar’, you were giving abuse to wee Mrs McKechnie in the Spar - cos it’s obviously there that decisions are made.
Gimme strength.

I am an occasional subscriber. Probably 2/3 times a year I use the service.

More often than I drink Irn-Bru, so wee Mrs McKechnie is safe for now.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 05:27

Can someone give me Mr Cook`s email address?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NW 1966  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 06:31

Here`s it is:

ADMIN: email address removed, see terms and conditions.
p. s. Don`t think it was right anyway

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OorWullie  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 07:36

Put us all on copy, Oz :-)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 08:08

I think it`s a reasonable question for those who subscribe even if just for a month for one game. Previously they got home games and most away games. Now it`ll only be home games but the price remains the same? Are the club going to review pricing or at least go back to being able to pay for individual games when you`re on holiday abroad?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 09:10

Thanks very much.

:)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 09:27

Quote:

jake89, Thu 8 Aug 08:08

I think it`s a reasonable question for those who subscribe even if just for a month for one game. Previously they got home games and most away games. Now it`ll only be home games but the price remains the same? Are the club going to review pricing or at least go back to being able to pay for individual games when you`re on holiday abroad?

From ParsTv.co.uk
(Obviously not updated yet)

<<For clarity, league home games are covered and some away league games may be covered.>>

You want a reduction for games that were only ‘may be covered’ but are now not?
Unlikely.

Being able to subscribe for individual games is a reasonable request though.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 13:43

Facts..

1. For the last few seasons the ParsTV feed from the majority of away games has been fine with only the occasional and usually temporary minor hic-ups with sound or brief buffering. I know this as a long-term ParsTV season-ticket holder. Yes there is room for improvement but this service is run by volunteers.
2. The recent complete failure of the League Cup stream at Livi was not the norm.
3. Each year ParsTV season-ticket holders have bought on the understanding that ParsTV will be endeavouring to stream as many away matches as possible [in addition to home matches] but on the understanding that there may be the odd time there will be issues or it may not be possible.
4. It means a lot to us foreign-based fans to watch the games and follow the season.

If all away games have indeed been scrapped [as reported]; as others have pointed out, we are then being denied part of what we have paid for by the club. This is also for no good reason [given that most away games have been screened fine over the last few seasons].

It may not have been possible to stream the last Livi game if a suitable connection was not possible. That I can understand - provided attempts have been made in advance to try to arrange with the away club to stream. I stand to be corrected but as I understand it the issue at Livi a few weeks back could have been solved by removing one cable and reconnecting it. However, it does not follow from difficulties at one ground, that all away steams have to be scrapped.

This decision also shows a disregard for foreign fans. Like some other ParsTV regulars, I am very unhappy about this decision [if it has been made as reported] and have started the process of taking this up with the club. I hope other ParsTV season-ticket holders and occasional monthly subscribers to the service do the same.

Let`s hope that this decision is reversed soon, foreign fans are listened to and we get what we have paid for; [ or find out our concerns are unjustified because it has been incorrectly reported that the club has stopped all away streaming when they haven`t actually made that decision].

Post Edited (Thu 08 Aug 13:55)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 20:30

Quote:

Except, the price does NOT remain the same, it`s increased by ÂŁ20 ! (an increase of MORE than 10% !)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 8 Aug 23:57

And isn`t it ironic and a wee bit inconvenient that the German owners won`t be able to follow the Pars at away games?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 03:18

I`m getting old ,prior to covid was Parstv set up directly for overseas fans ?

When covid hit in we were lucky to open parstv to all
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 06:26

Quote:

Luxembourg Par, Thu 8 Aug 09:27

Quote:

From ParsTv.co.uk
(Obviously not updated yet)

<<For clarity, league home games are covered and some away league games may be covered.>>

You want a reduction for games that were only ‘may be covered’ but are now not?
Unlikely.

Being able to subscribe for individual games is a reasonable request though.

The expectation was there when people subbed that some away games were included. I`m not a subscriber as I like in Scotland so it doesn`t impact me. What I`m saying is it seems perfectly reasonable for overseas fans to query this even if it can be explained as "we only said `may`". Instead there`s silence from the club and posts on here that come across a bit as "shut yer hole", which feels reputationally damaging to the club IMO, particularly when fans feel their money is being chucked down a hole.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 08:29

Kind of looks like a noisy minority, who maybe use the service infrequently, have stamped their feet and now the long standing regulars are left with a cut down service.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: andycarp  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 09:22

I use Pars TV to watch the majority of games and at a cost of ÂŁ20 a month it is a bargain. I get to watch 3 or 4 games a month.

At times there is the odd issue but what streaming services don`t have issues? Brian and his team do an excellent job considering they do it voluntary and give up their own time to do so.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 12:06

Quote:

fcda, Fri 9 Aug 08:29

Kind of looks like a noisy minority, who maybe use the service infrequently, have stamped their feet and now the long standing regulars are left with a cut down service.

If it is the case that wanting to save face and avoid any complaints has led to the club preventing away feeds, that is pathetic given that most away feeds have been OK and this is such a valued service for those fans who live abroad (and who have also bought season-tickets on the understanding that away games will be covered whenever possible). We can accept that on the odd occasion it may not be possible to stream. However If the ParsTV team are prepared to give away streaming a go they shouldn’t be prevented from doing so by the club. Yes - there are occasional glitches with some feeds but wouldn’t it be better to see how and what would be needed to make the service even better. While there is still room for improvement, the reliability of the service has improved considerably over the last few years. If equipment is an issue I would suspect some of the foreign subscribers would be prepared to help contribute towards costs.

Post Edited (Fri 09 Aug 12:15)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 12:32

The point is andycarp, that the price has went up and you`ll no longer get 3 or 4 games a month, it`ll be one or two?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JamesAndrew74  
Date:   Fri 9 Aug 12:58

Quote:

RhinoPars, Fri 9 Aug 12:06

Quote:

fcda, Fri 9 Aug 08:29

If it is the case that wanting to save face and avoid any complaints has led to the club preventing away feeds, that is pathetic given that most away feeds have been OK and this is such a valued service for those fans who live abroad (and who have also bought season-tickets on the understanding that away games will be covered whenever possible). We can accept that on the odd occasion it may not be possible to stream. However If the ParsTV team are prepared to give away streaming a go they shouldn’t be prevented from doing so by the club. Yes - there are occasional glitches with some feeds but wouldn’t it be better to see how and what would be needed to make the service even better. While there is still room for improvement, the reliability of the service has improved considerably over the last few years. If equipment is an issue I would suspect some of the foreign subscribers would be prepared to help contribute towards costs.

They should absolutely be prevented from putting out a stream if rhetoric club say so, it’s the clubs right to have their name attached to something which only exists due to them.

I understand they have to pay everybody for each and every game and no such volunteering is carried out completely free.

I lived abroad a long time ago and the service didn’t exist but would have subscribed for sure, I watch the occasional game now and have no real issue.

I’d await a formal reply (to OZPAR) from David Cook who might just tell us the reason
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 02:43

This might be too logical, but, why can`t subscribers (of any club) become "affiliated" to other clubs, & watch each other`s games? This way, only the home team needs to broadcast.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 11:28

Quote:

brian, Sun 4 Aug 08:37

https://ScottishFootball.online

Link updated 😁

I`ve not noticed anyone saying the link doesn`t work, is this your website Brian?

https://scfoot.online/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 12:36

Yes both are, one is backup

Sorry about the faulty link 🤦‍♂️

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nazpar  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 12:54

I see with Sky Sports + they are broadcasting EFL League Two matches at 3pm today

nazpar
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 12:57

Quote:

nazpar, Sat 10 Aug 12:54

I see with Sky Sports they are broadcasting EFL League Two matches at 3pm today

Premier Leagues not on so rules probably relaxed 🙄 one rule for one lol
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 13:54

no black-out in England.

only Scotland.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 14:34

Quote:

brian, Sat 10 Aug 13:54

no black-out in England.

only Scotland.

Poor, but not unexpected really.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: nazpar  
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 14:31

Next week premier sports are streaming premier sports cup games are 3pm

nazpar
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 15:53

Yes there are odd days such as cup dates, more here:

https://scottishfootball.online/streaming-dates-saturday-blocked-2024-2025

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 16:10

After watching the Falkirk highlights a few things we can try to improve our package?

How can we not have commentators on the highlights?

Can we have the time lineups at the start?

Highlights of the penalty challenge would have been better than the actual penalty goal?

Showing subs on and off.

Just a few ways we can try and upgrade our highlights?

The quality seems sharper than ours.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 18:59

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Sun 11 Aug 16:10

After watching the Falkirk highlights a few things we can try to improve our package?

Highlights of the penalty challenge would have been better than the actual penalty goal?

Showing subs on and off.

A lot of this used to be in the highlights iirc
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 11 Aug 20:15

Quote:

Andrew283, Sun 11 Aug 18:59

Quote:

cammypar 1995, Sun 11 Aug 16:10

Showing subs on and off.

A lot of this used to be in the highlights iirc

I`d love it to return as the highlights package at present is rather poor compared to theirs.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
Š 2021-- DAFC.net