DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Funds
Topic Originator: 2004Par  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 17:54

I think is fans would very much appreciate some transparency to the severe lack of funds. . Over 3000 ticket sales, away kit sold out, gaining close to 100k for edwards, decent money from euro fan zone. There’s no other team in the league I don’t think that has generated that much money from what I’ve listed so far this season. So where is it all going, why can’t we afford another goalkeeper or more players. Us fans deserve to know where the funds are going …

Post Edited (Sat 10 Aug 17:54)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Funds
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 17:56

Quote:

2004Par, Sat 10 Aug 17:54

I think is fans would very much appreciate some transparency to the severe lack of funds. . Over 3000 ticket sales, away kit sold out, gaining close to 100k for edwards, decent money from euro fan zone. There’s no other team in the league I don’t think that has generated that much money from what I’ve listed so far this season. So where is it all going, why can’t we afford another goalkeeper or more players. Us fans deserve to know where the funds are going …

Prize money or lack there of makes up the difference.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par4ages  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 18:04

It’s obvious where it’s going, training ground/staff and Cook and co. The overheads must be enormous compared to before the German lot took over. We also have the first team back room staff that much be close to being larger than the first team squad.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 18:05

And lifeline money going into a bottomless pit that is DAFC
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 18:19

Where is the money going?

7,500 fans today, averaged over 5,000 last season yet clubs with average gates thousands less can still put out better squads than us.

Training ground is costing but Ayr have built a new stand which must take a significant investment but can still put a better squad together with at least half the income we get from gate receipts.

Big question from me is are the ‘investors’ actually tacking money out of the club and filling their own pockets?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 18:23

Quote:

k76, Sat 10 Aug 18:19

7,500 fans today, averaged over 5,000 last season yet clubs with average gates thousands less can still put out better squads than us.

Training ground is costing but Ayr have built a new stand which must take a significant investment but can still put a better squad together with at least half the income we get from gate receipts.

Big question from me is are the ‘investors’ actually tacking money out of the club and filling their own pockets?

Lack of prize money evens the playing field.

Ayr`s board is chucking money at the club.

The board are not embezzling money.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 18:33

Misdirecting the money me thinks.

Post Edited (Sat 10 Aug 18:33)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 18:36

Prize money at this level means sod all 😂 Cooks annual salary is worth the same prize money as winning League One…..
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 18:38

Quote:

weemike, Sat 10 Aug 18:23

Quote:

k76, Sat 10 Aug 18:19

Lack of prize money evens the playing field.

Ayr`s board is chucking money at the club.

The board are not embezzling money.

The lack of prize money is DUE to the board being absolutely useless at running a football club.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 18:41

We don’t know what our wage bill is compared to other teams. Until we know that there’s no way to tell quite how much has been redirected away from the squad.

Mehmet
Comrie
Bene
Otoo
Chalmers
Hamilton
KRH
Kane
Wighton
O’hallaran
Wotherspoon

These 11 first teamers must be on pretty decent money.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 18:43

Quote:

Berkey, Sat 10 Aug 18:41

We don’t know what our wage bill is compared to other teams. Until we know that there’s no way to tell quite how much has been redirected away from the squad.

Mehmet
Comrie
Bene
Otoo
Chalmers
Hamilton
KRH
Kane
Wighton
O’hallaran
Wotherspoon

These 11 first teamers must be on pretty decent money.

Berkey,you would think that listbof players would be good enough to atbleast compete
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 19:22

Board have gambled.
Limited investment in the 1st team could now mean a payoff for a manager and potential relegation. Then there’s the fans you lose in the process.

Just p*** poor judgement.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 19:26

It’s a perfect storm westie, limited investment given to a manger with limited contacts to bring players in and poor judgment in the transfer market.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parallel Lines  
Date:   Sat 10 Aug 19:31

Obvious given the league is anyone`s this year.
Other clubs Ayr, Morton, Faith, Partick have realised this and invested money in the squads as the potential reward of straight promotion is far in excess of their spend.

Dunfermline board have tried to spend hee haw and hope they can survive for a few seasons until the stream of wonder kids from the academy come through...🤣

I looked for my pet in all the books on animals and birds and then I found it in the Book of Revelations.Marty Feldman
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net