DAFC.net
Home 19 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Positives from Saturday
Topic Originator: Par-timer  
Date:   Tue 13 Aug 15:34

Having had a few days to lick our wounds having seen our fears realised and the current state of DAFC cruelly exposed, it’s easy amongst all the negatives and obvious criticisms to overlook the positives from last Saturday. Here are a few in my opinion:
1. Chris Kane is back and could have scored twice on another day. He will be a key player this season for us, with hopefully 15+ goals to come.
2. Ewan Otoo showed his versatility at left-back, and hopefully adding another 50k to his value for the watching scouts from England.
3. Wighton looked quicker and more interested than usual, especially at the start of the second half when the whole team seemed to show a bit of fight.
4. McCann’s long throws and Fisher’s crosses had the kind of trajectory that our players seemed able to get across their man and win, a more promising line of attack than snail’s pace McPake-ball, as well as injecting a bit of much-needed excitement for our long-suffering and entertainment-starved fans.
5. O’Halloran looked hungry off the bench and was the key to the injection of pace in the last ten minutes which gave us a late rally when the game was petering out.
6. Bene seemed a bit more on the ball and was able to make more of an impact at both ends.
7. Mehmet was rarely exposed but made a couple of good blocks.
8. KRH appeared more of a threat despite being a magnet for defenders (but needs more and earlier possession).
9. We only lost to an early own goal and a late and very soft penalty. Not the demolition many had feared, with the defence generally coping well with a tricky opponent whose confidence was riding high.
10. Pars fans showed up in reasonable numbers considering recent form and backed the team until the late second goal.
Still a very bad day overall obviously, but some signs of progress to take to Hamilton.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Positives from Saturday
Topic Originator: summeragent  
Date:   Tue 13 Aug 15:52

Quote:

Par-timer, Tue 13 Aug 15:34

Having had a few days to lick our wounds having seen our fears realised and the current state of DAFC cruelly exposed, it’s easy amongst all the negatives and obvious criticisms to overlook the positives from last Saturday. Here are a few in my opinion:
1. Chris Kane is back and could have scored twice on another day. He will be a key player this season for us, with hopefully 15+ goals to come.
2. Ewan Otoo showed his versatility at left-back, and hopefully adding another 50k to his value for the watching scouts from England.
3. Wighton looked quicker and more interested than usual, especially at the start of the second half when the whole team seemed to show a bit of fight.
4. McCann’s long throws and Fisher’s crosses had the kind of trajectory that our players seemed able to get across their man and win, a more promising line of attack than snail’s pace McPake-ball, as well as injecting a bit of much-needed excitement for our long-suffering and entertainment-starved fans.
5. O’Halloran looked hungry off the bench and was the key to the injection of pace in the last ten minutes which gave us a late rally when the game was petering out.
6. Bene seemed a bit more on the ball and was able to make more of an impact at both ends.
7. Mehmet was rarely exposed but made a couple of good blocks.
8. KRH appeared more of a threat despite being a magnet for defenders (but needs more and earlier possession).
9. We only lost to an early own goal and a late and very soft penalty. Not the demolition many had feared, with the defence generally coping well with a tricky opponent whose confidence was riding high.
10. Pars fans showed up in reasonable numbers considering recent form and backed the team until the late second goal.
Still a very bad day overall obviously, but some signs of progress to take to Hamilton.

Great to get a bit of balance and positivity on things 👍
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Tue 13 Aug 17:37

Great to hear positivity.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Tue 13 Aug 17:52

All very true , another positive was that Mehmet never got injured and we didn,t have to call on our reserve keeper

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan97  
Date:   Tue 13 Aug 18:56

Are they points actually for real?
1. Kane will be lucky to play half the league games this season
2. Otoo miles out of position for the 1st goal, was nowhere to be seen
3. Wighton looked not too bad but will struggle to play 90 mins, will miss plenty games too this season as his knees struggle
4. Aimless long throws into the box, how often do they turn into goals? And fisher’s distribution is shocking the amount of times he over hits it or can’t find a team mate
5. O’halloran an absolute waste of a wage, yet to see him have a good game here
6.Bene looking slower every week and looks like injuries have caught up with him. Got beat in the air quite a bit which isn’t like him.
7.Mehemts poor kick out leads to the first goal and he’s been at fault for a few goals already this season
8. KRH was ineffective 2nd half as he’s absolutely wasted at RWB by the manager playing a back 5
9.Defence coped well? Anytime we stepped up Falkirk cut right through us and defending was embarrassing for the first and it was a penalty.
10. Only point I’ll agree, fans were good as usual but getting served that up each week, they won’t be getting crowds like that again

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 13 Aug 19:44

The pitch was in great condition - maybe not so much now after the numpties threw flares on to it though. The ground staff wouldn`t be too impressed by that nonsense.

The referee was very good IMO.

Otherwise struggling with the positives.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect69  
Date:   Tue 13 Aug 19:47

Was good to see my mates pre match for a pint, unfortunately couldn’t hear them for the din in Legends. Hay ho, apparently there was a survey :-/
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ahoy!Ahoy!  
Date:   Wed 14 Aug 10:42

No wonder it took 4 days to post the points.

Must have been an absolute chore to find them, I personally don’t agree with any of them.

I know everyone tries to find the best in bad situations but they are just not true, it’s not as if we keep telling ourselfs them, then everything will be alright.

I’ve come to terms with the fact this season is going to be horrendous and don’t think McPake is capable of getting that team playing as the majority of players aren’t good enough.

Will I still go every week…YES
Will I still believe in my heart we will get a result…..YES
Will I still support the players and managers come kick off….YES

However I’m realistic enough to understand we are going to struggle and be lucky to finish anything above 9th.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: MinnesotaAndy  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 11:03

I appreciate the positivity. This forum too often becomes a borefest of negativity.

Everyone gets the squad would benefit from 2-3 quality signings, but if the money is not there, there is absolutely nothing wrong than living within your means.

My own view is that the club, off the park, is putting in place what is necessary for a successful and _sustained_ presence in the top league. It might be 2-3 years before the playing side is competitive enough for a promotion push.

If Chris Kane gets fit enough to play the majority of games this would be huge. The return of Matty Tod will also be extremely impactful.

COYP

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net