DAFC.net
Home 16 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Game v Ayr Utd
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 12:49

As we go into our 4th league game of the season, I was just wondering if there was any collective wisdom among the faithful that might shed some light ( hopefully positive) on our prospects, tomorrow, against the resurgent Ayr Utd.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Game v Ayr Utd
Topic Originator: evo!  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 13:06

Bottom v top..perfect game for an upset

1-0 pars. Late deflected shot from Ritchie-Hosler

BEAST!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ReturningParsFan  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 13:11

Well...after enduring the horrors of the Cove game with wife, son-in-law and grandson (aged 6), we`re going back tomorrow with reinforcements, daughter and 10-year-old grandson (his first ever game). Pleased that the two young ones (in their Pars shirts) qualify for the kids-for-a-quid initiative, well done DAFC. Still an expensive day out though!!! On the game itself, I fear a 3-0 hiding, but live in hope that we`ll all be pleasantly surprised.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 13:20

Unless we change our shape/tactics then we will lose again.

Was hoping Clay would have signed before now.

Just can’t see any combo of Otoo/Chalmers/Hamilton in centre mid working and unless KRH is played as a winger then it will be business as usual I am afraid.

Like most fans I hope I am proved wrong…

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 13:47

Ayr have went for it and have a superb squad. I reckon we lose 4-5 nil…..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 14:01

Ayr will line up 4-4-2 as usual with the two big lumps up front.

If I was the manager, I`d go 3-4-3, with two markers and Bene spare. Dowds and Oakley are not going to outpace us, so we can afford to play a high line and condense the spaces between the lines, further up the park.

Danger men on the right are Henderson and Musonda. I`d probably deploy Otoo on the left side of our midfield four to take care of this threat? Rus is their creator in the middle and I`d have Hamilton on him. Comrie can take care of Murphy on their left. I`d have Wotherspoon in beside Hamilton for his experience and to use the ball intelligently when we win it back.

I`d certainly play with two wide players up high to stop their full backs from advancing, so Hosler and McCann deployed there.

Kane to keep the two centre backs occupied.

I`ll take a 0-0.

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 14:04

Ayr being backed odds have shortened to odds on 17/20 now,were even money earlier.
But top versus bottom could there be an upset?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ahoy!Ahoy!  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 14:30

While I always remain the optimist and hope we can get results each week, I think we are in for a hiding.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 14:42

Ayr were one of my heavy favourites for top 4 before a ball was kicked (let`s ignore my Raith and Partick shouts just now although I suspect they`ll come good) so I`m not shocked they`ve started well. They look well drilled and in Rus have a player who is probably a cut above this level. Never convinced by Oakley despite his goals last season but when they get the ball wide and cross it they look dangerous. I`d be very surprised if we got anything from this game sadly.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Boss  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 14:43

Quote:

desparado, Fri 30 Aug 13:20

Unless we change our shape/tactics then we will lose again.

Was hoping Clay would have signed before now.

Just can’t see any combo of Otoo/Chalmers/Hamilton in centre mid working and unless KRH is played as a winger then it will be business as usual I am afraid.

Like most fans I hope I am proved wrong…

This 100%. Too many defensive players in our first team.

I like black and white (dreaming of black and white)
You like black and white
Run run away
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 14:54

Hopefully, we can score a goal. That`s all I have to say. Meh.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 14:55

Quote:

evo!, Fri 30 Aug 13:06

Bottom v top..perfect game for an upset

1-0 pars. Late deflected shot from Ritchie-Hosler

I go with you Evo, but my prediction is based upon a first minute OG in the style of Asa Hartford. Backs to the wall with injuries galore and enforced goalkeeping changes, only for wee Hamilton to save a 107th minute penalty that was perfectly played to the top right corner.
if that doesn`t happen, we will get gubbed..
you heard it here first 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 15:24

We are where we are , dull defensive management team, with half the squad that should have been moved on.
Unfortunately I don`t think we can afford to get rid of either, so we have to go tomorrow, back the team and hope we can sneak a 1-0.
we sure as hell can`t afford to go down.

Post Edited (Fri 30 Aug 15:25)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 16:28

All runs have to come to an end. I don’t think it will be tomorrow however.

We might get a goal though. First goal always important, if we concede early it might be a demolition.

Would feel a bit more optimistic if a couple of decent players had come in today.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 16:42

Scott Brown will be looking at how we have been playing, slow pedantic build up, little or no width, few chances created and little goal threat.

They wii have two banks of four when we are in possession and it should be relatively easy to keep us out. They will be confident of scoring and winning.

Only way we get anything from this game is by surprising them and having a go.

Mehmet

Comrie
Ngwenya
Young/Bene
Fogarty/Bene…….not sure if Bene is fit.

Hamilton

KRH Otoo McCann

Kane. Sutherland.

Hamilton and Otoo can swap between sitting deep or getting forward.

KRH and McCann on the wings and Kane and Sutherland in the middle.

Yes it will be a bit risky but if Otoo and McCann ( they have the legs) can get back and defend when we lose possession and get up the park when we are possession then we can give them a game alright.

Will JM be gung ho……or just be his usual ultra cautious self ? Think we know the answer and if so it will mean 0 points….again..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: eastendalloapar  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 16:50

I hope that the game is postponed as I have fractured my knee and cannot get it into a car until I can remove my brace.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AdamAntsParsStripe  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 17:00

Honestly think we’ll get a humping.
I won’t barrage the players with abuse however.
If we’re simply not good enough the blame should never be on the players who are clearly trying their best.

Zwei Pints Bier und ein Päckchen Chips bitte
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rusty Shackleford  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 17:01

Tomorrow could well be one of those weird things that happen in sport where two of opposite runs in form result in the complete opposite of what you`d expect to happen.

I mean it won`t, but it might.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 17:11

1- 0 the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Par  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 17:21

Ayr seem to be coping well with major ground improvements and building a decent team.

I feel considering our record against Ayr we could get something, but if they score first they could get a few.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 17:31

The reaction at FT will be toxic if we lose, especially it no goal scored .☹️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 17:35

Quote:

Rusty Shackleford, Fri 30 Aug 17:01

Tomorrow could well be one of those weird things that happen in sport where two of opposite runs in form result in the complete opposite of what you`d expect to happen.

I mean it won`t, but it might.

Sums up my feelings exactly, Rusty. I remember us beating Celtic at Parkhead, ICT beating Rangers at Ibrox, Hibs beating Rangers at Easter Road (Souness`s first game) and Stranraer beating Hibs also at Easter Road. In each game, the losing team finished as league champions and the winning team was relegated.

Ooh, maybe settle for a draw tomorrow.... 😱

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 17:44

They’ve got to be clear favourites. If we get anything I’ll be surprised. I’m just hopeful of us being competitive. If we’re not, he’s basically done.

They said we should be expecting 2 in this week (via the courier) so far there’s none and I’m seeing 0 rumours.

That trialist apparently made a difference so 🤷🏻‍♂️

COYP
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 17:44

Yeah best chance is Ayr turn thinking the game is already won and everyone in a pars top has a really good game.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 18:12

I was hoping for a little collective wisdom from the Pars faithful and got barrowloads of it. Some excellent knowledge of opposition players and prospective formations, neither of which are my strong point. None of us are overly confident and that`s understandable. But hopefully the tide will turn soon.

And sorry about the knee fracture eastendalloapar. Maybe you`ll make the next home game.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Milos Drizzle  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 18:48

I’m thinking McPake could do with consulting Raymie for tomorrow’s game!

This is my signature
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hudza  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 18:53

Wonder if we will have a couple of shots on target

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 18:56

Thanks Paralex I actually has hospitality booked as its my son`s birthday. I hope to be back for the Raith game!

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 19:21

I would give it another week or two eastendalloapar……………

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsfangaz  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 19:54

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Fri 30 Aug 14:01

Ayr will line up 4-4-2 as usual with the two big lumps up front.

If I was the manager, I`d go 3-4-3, with two markers and Bene spare. Dowds and Oakley are not going to outpace us, so we can afford to play a high line and condense the spaces between the lines, further up the park.

Danger men on the right are Henderson and Musonda. I`d probably deploy Otoo on the left side of our midfield four to take care of this threat? Rus is their creator in the middle and I`d have Hamilton on him. Comrie can take care of Murphy on their left. I`d have Wotherspoon in beside Hamilton for his experience and to use the ball intelligently when we win it back.

I`d certainly play with two wide players up high to stop their full backs from advancing, so Hosler and McCann deployed there.

Kane to keep the two centre backs occupied.

I`ll take a 0-0.

wish they were our two big lumps
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: k76  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 20:22

Can’t see anything other than a defeat.
Would take a draw and a goal…

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gordi-b  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 20:58

Don.t think Mcpake really has a plan for various different opponents, its the same old tactics week in week out, we need to get in our opponents face from the off, play to players strengths not inhibit them with dull defensive tactics at least give it a go. COYP

G.B
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 21:02

Problem is Ayr get plenty balls in the box to a couple of big strikers, we have struggled against high balls in the box ,whether from corners or freekicks, or open play , hope the new defender can deal with this.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Fri 30 Aug 23:21

I see they have a MoU with West of Scotland University with the Sportcand Physical Education Dept to work closely together. It states:

He said: “By collaborating with Ayr United, we can pull our collective expertise to provide our students with invaluable learning opportunities. This partnership not only enhances their educational journeys through practical, hands-on experiences but also makes a meaningful contribution to the vitality and development of our local community.

“This collaboration aligns perfectly with our mission to build even stronger community ties and ensure that our academic efforts have a lasting and positive effect beyond the classroom.”

The MoU outlines specific objectives aiming to benefit students, staff, and the wider community. One key component is the provision of practical opportunities for UWS students within the club.
Graeme Mathie, Managing Director of Ayr United, emphasised the importance of the partnership for continuous improvement and community engagement.

He said: “We are excited about the many possibilities this partnership brings. The expertise and resources of UWS will undoubtedly play a pivotal role in advancing our club’s performance and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 31 Aug 07:51

Quite disappointing nothing transpired after fogarty. So we’re going with pretty much the same team again this week, maybe bene out and fogarty in.

Let’s just hope the players have trained fantastically good this week.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: grelin  
Date:   Sat 31 Aug 08:35

I am seriously worried there is a malaise and a significant lack of confidence about the team and management just now. There is a vulnerability about us and I feel we need to score first, or hold out for as long as possible to give us the belief that we could sneak a result. There has been much said about the frailties of the team, whether it`s the goalkeeping position, central defence, midfield or whatever but the issue for me is the lack of quality upfront. I get the impression that when the opposition scores first the team loses belief because they know we have difficulty in scoring.
I fear greatly for the result today if Ayr get an early goal, but often when I have this dread the Pars prove me wrong. Hopefully they do so today and our strikers and the team get off the mark by scoring.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bannockburn Par  
Date:   Sat 31 Aug 09:24

Quote:

grelin, Sat 31 Aug 08:35

I am seriously worried there is a malaise and a significant lack of confidence about the team and management just now. There is a vulnerability about us and I feel we need to score first, or hold out for as long as possible to give us the belief that we could sneak a result. There has been much said about the frailties of the team, whether it`s the goalkeeping position, central defence, midfield or whatever but the issue for me is the lack of quality upfront. I get the impression that when the opposition scores first the team loses belief because they know we have difficulty in scoring.
I fear greatly for the result today if Ayr get an early goal, but often when I have this dread the Pars prove me wrong. Hopefully they do so today and our strikers and the team get off the mark by scoring.

Ayr press very high and I fully expect us to crumble. Reckon we’re at least 2 nil down come halftime. Can’t see how we beat an Ayr team that has quality all over the park. The bottom line is we haven’t signed players we badly needed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Sat 31 Aug 09:59

It will be the same as always, huff n puff and not blow the house down.

Ayr will go one or two up, and they will be happy with that.

We will then have more of the ball and more "effort" closing out the game. But as with Hamilton, that was only a consequence of the opposition being in the lead.

Today`s result.

Dunfermline nil.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 31 Aug 10:37

Quote:

eastendalloapar, Fri 30 Aug 16:50

I hope that the game is postponed as I have fractured my knee and cannot get it into a car until I can remove my brace.

Sorry to hear that - what happened ?

How long before you are back “on the road” again ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 31 Aug 12:29

I go back to the hospital on Thursday they will then xray it again.

matt forsyth
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARSwede  
Date:   Sat 31 Aug 13:33

Can you still park behind the NW?
How do you get into car park?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 31 Aug 13:43

Entry from Leys Park I think.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARSwede  
Date:   Sat 31 Aug 13:44

Cheers
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net