DAFC.net
Home 18 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 4th next week?
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 17:52

If we beat plastic whistle we could be sitting forth. What a change a few weeks can make.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: 4th next week?
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 19:07

Can also be bottom if we lose.

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Higgys Mohawk  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 19:19

Best league in the world
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 19:34

I think the manager understands the formation to play now ,maybe his formation was decided by others before ,
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: SeasonedPar  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 20:05

Quote:

PARrot, Sat 14 Sep 17:52

If we beat plastic whistle we could be sitting forth. What a change a few weeks can make.

One game at a time
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Sat 14 Sep 20:25

Yes, Plastic Whistle won`t lie down. Too many bad memories there, but at least one good one when Cardle came on at half time and scored a hat trick. Forgive me in advance that I will be sitting with my pal in the Thistle end, but to be fair, he did sit with me in the Norrie last time we played them. And another when we beat them there last February. All I can say is COYP.

Post Edited (Sat 14 Sep 20:27)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berkey  
Date:   Sun 15 Sep 07:04

Geezo! If we beat Partick it will be a much bigger win than on Friday night.

Everything going wrong for rovers just now, man sent off after 15 minutes, a big deflected goal and a moment of brilliance from a player left in space immediately after the right back is subbed does not mean we are quite the well oiled machine some think we are. Indeed up to the goal we didn’t really look like scoring and were struggling to do more than pass it around in the middle third.

Here’s hoping performances like Friday can help the players play themselves into a bit of form.

It is set up quite nicely given thistle have had a poor start….its some league as most games feel unpredictable.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Sun 15 Sep 08:09

Quote:

Berkey, Sun 15 Sept 07:04

Geezo! If we beat Partick it will be a much bigger win than on Friday night.

Everything going wrong for rovers just now, man sent off after 15 minutes, a big deflected goal and a moment of brilliance from a player left in space immediately after the right back is subbed does not mean we are quite the well oiled machine some think we are. Indeed up to the goal we didn’t really look like scoring and were struggling to do more than pass it around in the middle third.

Here’s hoping performances like Friday can help the players play themselves into a bit of form.

It is set up quite nicely given thistle have had a poor start….its some league as most games feel unpredictable.

I wish there was a way to hide Berkey`s posts. Reading that feels like he`s spent all the time since the game trying to think of every negative he can. Sucks the life out of me just reading it.

Christ knows how he is able to get out of bed in the morning, a man in need of a massive mindset shift
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 15 Sep 08:24

Edited - can't be arsed

Watched the full game replay last night as I wasn't there on Friday and couldn't watch it either.

My thoughts. It wasn't the perfect performance but there was plenty to be enthusiastic about. We created a few chances in the first half, certainly way more than they did. We got lucky for the first goal but the second was top quality. In between that we controlled a game against a team packed with the very best at this level. The defence including the keeper were excellent. Wotherspoon was exactly what we expected when he signed. And I really like Cooper.

A great result that hopefully gives everyone connected with the club a lift.

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"

Post Edited (Sun 15 Sep 08:49)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Sep 09:02

Plenty positives, as a team we looked fitter, we outworked them and looked the hungrier team.

The sending off allowed us to largely control the game without really ever working thier keeper and the deflection was that bit of luck you sometimes need.

The post below replying to me is by one of .nets finest champions of mediocrity!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ianoappar  
Date:   Sun 15 Sep 09:30

Going by the stats a pretty even game Ayr v Partick yesterday,Ayrs goal by way of a penalty.

As Ayr are playing well a decent performance by Thisle to go there and get a draw.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sun 15 Sep 10:46

Quote:

Berkey, Sun 15 Sept 09:02

Plenty positives, as a team we looked fitter, we outworked them and looked the hungrier team.

The sending off allowed us to largely control the game without really ever working thier keeper and the deflection was that bit of luck you sometimes need.

You get that the sending off wasn`t lucky. It was a result of our player getting into position to pull the trigger.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Sep 11:49

Kane header
McCann free kick
Otoo shot before HT
McCann shot past the post
The goals

He might not have saved any but we definitely "worked" him

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Sun 15 Sep 14:02

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 15 Sept 11:49

Kane header
McCann free kick
Otoo shot before HT
The goals

Got to laugh at that logic 🤣
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Sep 14:14

Yeah that’s a stretch da, fair enough be positive but surely you don’t include shots wide as working the keeper?

Next you’ll be counting shots a yard or 2 wide as on target as they worked the keeper…..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DJAS  
Date:   Sun 15 Sep 14:40

Quote:

Berkey, Sun 15 Sep 14:14

Yeah that’s a stretch da, fair enough be positive but surely you don’t include shots wide as working the keeper?

Next you’ll be counting shots a yard or 2 wide as on target as they worked the keeper…..

To be fair to da. We did make him take goal kicks from them 😂

Predictor league winner 2012/2013
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Sep 15:49

Quote:

Berkey, Sun 15 Sept 14:14

No I won`t. But I can be positive about good attempts that are slightly off target.

I know you detest most of our players so you`ll obviously disagree but Lewis McCann played well. His attempt where he cut inside and curled one just past the post was a great effort.

Try being positive for once in your odd wee world. You might like it

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Sep 15:51

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Sun 15 Sept 14:02

Quote:

Kane header
McCann free kick
Otoo shot before HT
The goals

Why? So a daisy cutter that trundles into the keepers arms counts because it`s on target? That`s good is it?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: alwaysaPar  
Date:   Sun 15 Sep 16:33

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 15 Sept 15:51

Quote:

alwaysaPar, Sun 15 Sept 14:02

Quote:

Kane header
McCann free kick
Otoo shot before HT
The goals

Why? So a daisy cutter that trundles into the keepers arms counts because it`s on target? That`s good is it?

🤦‍♂️🤣
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 15 Sep 16:36

I agree Da that was a good effort but at some point in his career he’s going to need to get the occasional one on target (he hasnt scored a league goal in 2024 so far) and for every cut inside and good effort theres at least 3 run straight into a defender or cross straight into an area where there are no pars players etc. its way to rare that it actually results in a goal scoring opportunity. although fri was a one of his best games as he created a chance for otoo, had a free kick within a few feet of the post and had a shot a foot wide too, won a fair few headers agaisnt thier makeshift right back too, this is more than usual.

the 2 free kicks typified what we get from him, for every close free kick theres the free kick which would have struggled to even reach the keeper and was a bit embarrassing for a pro. alas both off target.

bbc scotland tend to big him up in our games as a danger man to watch but even the commentators were calling him out for the erratic elements of his game.

you get mad at me but we`re just on 2 ends of the same scale, for your endless positivity that he`s just about to come good theres me saying after 5 years without improvement, its not going to happen.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sun 15 Sep 17:06

I think da no1 is just trying to counteract the negativity. Seems to be a vicious circle.

Some folk just can`t give praise for improvements in a specific game without having to offset it with negativity from previous games/seasons.

I don`t see anyone saying he`s going to be the next Ronaldo.

If he can play at the level he did on Friday, he`ll make a decent contribution to the team this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: weemike  
Date:   Sun 15 Sep 17:09

Quote:

Berkey, Sun 15 Sept 16:36

I agree Da that was a good effort but at some point in his career he’s going to need to get the occasional one on target (he hasnt scored a league goal in 2024 so far) and for every cut inside and good effort theres at least 3 run straight into a defender or cross straight into an area where there are no pars players etc. its way to rare that it actually results in a goal scoring opportunity. although fri was a one of his best games as he created a chance for otoo, had a free kick within a few feet of the post and had a shot a foot wide too, won a fair few headers agaisnt thier makeshift right back too, this is more than usual.

the 2 free kicks typified what we get from him, for every close free kick theres the free kick which would have struggled to even reach the keeper and was a bit embarrassing for a pro. alas both off target.

bbc scotland tend to big him up in our games as a danger man to watch but even the commentators were calling him out for the erratic elements of his game.

you get mad at me but we`re just on 2 ends of the same scale, for your endless positivity that he`s just about to come good theres me saying after 5 years without improvement, its not going to happen.

5 years without improvement is harsh.

He has just now appeared 150 for our first team and is now established as a regular. Yes, his apprenticeship is over.

in the last two games, he scored 1 and hit the bar in which the rebound was a goal. In the last game, he performed at a 7/10 rating, which is absolutely fine for this level.

He played well on Friday. No ifs no buts.

So what if he ran into an opposing player?

So what if a free kick embarrassed you?

The boy is playing well. Hopefully, he can carry it on.

He`s gonna feature every weak. You`d be better to put ur energy into something else.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sun 15 Sep 18:15

Quote:

PARrot, Sun 15 Sep 10:46

Quote:

Berkey, Sun 15 Sept 09:02

You get that the sending off wasn`t lucky. It was a result of our player getting into position to pull the trigger.

The sending off was due to hesitant amateur level defending allowing Kane to nip in - if it had been Pars players messing up this forum would be highly critical.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sun 15 Sep 19:21

Thought McCann finished the game strongly after Cooper came on and he switched flanks. Wasn`t particularly effective untill then.

Hopefully now with a GK with a decent and consistent kick we can work on him winning those diagonal first balls, it`s his bigest strength IMO but don`t think he is nearly as dominant as he should be for his physical stature and leap.

Will give him his due he puts in some amount of work, i know they track all sorts of player data these days but he must be near, if not at the top, for distance covered per game.

Kane playing off him in a staight 442 would be interesting but we`ll never see it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."

Post Edited (Sun 15 Sep 19:23)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 16 Sep 12:27

McCanns scored the same amount of league goals as the following:

Chris Kane
Craig Wighton
Taylor Sutherland
Chris Hamilton
Kane Ritchie Hosler
Josh Cooper
Andrew Tod
Joe Chalmers
Michael O’Halloran
And all of the defence (excluding Otoo)

But lets just pick on him because he didn’t score v the Rovers but played well 😂🤦🏻‍♂️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 16 Sep 13:01

I think with the new keeper big kicks towards McCann and Kane will be part of the tactics.

I don’t think there is will be any fullback who will enjoy competing with McCann in the air for 90 minutes - although he needs to show more aggression for me. Last couple of games he has performed better, as have the team in general.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Mon 16 Sep 14:52

I wouldn’t get ahead of ourselves, Thistle are going to be a tough test although I’m more confident than I was 3 weeks ago.

I don’t get the negativity though. McCann played well, done what was asked off him and was unlucky no to score. He needs to work on his crossing but if he plays like that most weeks he’ll be a real asset in the championship. I like how we’ve started using the cross ball to him and look to get onto the second ball. I liked how effective he was at cutting inside, hopefully he’ll score a couple this season doing that. If he gets 8 goals this year from playing wide on the pitch it will be a very good season for him.

Let’s also not forget our centre backs had a combined age of 38 on the night. They both acquitted themselves very well. Foggarty IMO looks like he could go on to play at a much higher level. A season with us will hopefully help him.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 16 Sep 15:45

Lets hope we do a repeat of last seasons match at Firhill.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Mon 16 Sep 16:01

I think Lewis McCann lacks a bit of balance that you see with Dave Wotherspoon for example. He is probably a bit over eager on the ball but that`s just experience. It`s good to see him having a go from the edge of the box as I believe that`s his strength. I see an improvement in him from last season, and with a little composure in front of goal he is capable of putting them away in my view. It`s in there it`s just taking a bit of time to get it out. There is no doubting his application and willingness. That`s the main thing. The rest will come.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Mon 16 Sep 16:14

Don`t think any keeper had much that caused problems on Friday in fairness but DW goal was unstoppable and a massive deflection but who cares how they go in.

We move onto Saturday with a defensive line who if they stay fit look solid.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: thebear  
Date:   Mon 16 Sep 21:10

Interesting the banter, but a great result and hopefully confidence. My worries are that we we either score brilliant goals or no goals at all, long shots and deflections are part of the game, but we need normal goals as well.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 17 Sep 13:19

Kane surely due a goal now he is getting sharper 🤞🏻
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net