DAFC.net
Home 23 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Delaying the restart
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Mon 23 Sep 12:22

I know not all of us follow the EPL - but I`m interested in the Pars view on the yellows given to my local team (Bottomnal) for `delaying the restart`.

It does seem slightly odd - given that this kind of thing happens almost every free-kick, that only, to my memory, 4 players have been booked for it this season. Rice (second yellow v Brighton), Saliba (v Spurs), Bruno Fernandes (Man Utd vs Southampton) and Trossard (yesterday).

My memory might be being incredibly selective (alas the EPL doesn`t seem to provide data on yellows given and reasons, so happy to hear additional examples not involving Bottomnal), but it does seem that Bottomnal are being punished for this way more than other teams. Do they delay the restart more than other teams, or have they been unlucky?

There seem to be plenty of examples of restarts being delayed (including in the same game as the Bottomnal yellows) that have not been punished in the same way.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Delaying the restart
Topic Originator: Paralex  
Date:   Mon 23 Sep 13:16

I thought Trossard should have been yellow carded for the "shoulder charge" on the Man City player, which amounted to grievous bodily harm. He wiped him out, barged into him with no attempt to play the ball. Going by the highlights, to be fair, it was a very physical game and maybe he was reacting in a sense of injustice to a previous bad tackle on himself, but he badly let the side down with the reckless challenge.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Sep 13:42

I really don`t think the shoulder charge was a booking. If you watch it he`s tracking the ball and Bernardo actually moves towards Trossard before contact is made. Foul - probably, but not a booking for me (especially after what Haaland got away with later in the game.

Sky have timed the gap between the whistle blowing and trossard delaying the restart at 0.84s - his leg was already in the kicking motion prior to the whistle blowing. It`s actually quite hard to stop a kick once you`ve started it...so I feel Trossard has been hard done by here. As I said above, if every player gets booked for it, fine. But they don`t

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 23 Sep 14:54

Arsenal fans are getting progressively more paranoid as the weeks go by.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Sep 14:58

That may be the case DA-go. Do you have evidence to substantiate?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DA-go Par Adonis  
Date:   Mon 23 Sep 15:16

Your post about Declan Rice a couple of weeks back, for starters...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love it when we go sell Kevin Nisbet,
He's gonna pay for everyone this season.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 23 Sep 15:18

Quote:

Paralex, Mon 23 Sep 13:16

I thought Trossard should have been yellow carded for the "shoulder charge" on the Man City player, which amounted to grievous bodily harm. He wiped him out, barged into him with no attempt to play the ball. Going by the highlights, to be fair, it was a very physical game and maybe he was reacting in a sense of injustice to a previous bad tackle on himself, but he badly let the side down with the reckless challenge.

If thats the case then surelt Haaland should have gone too then? Nearly as bad as Harry Kane for putting defenders in danger from his dodgey tactics
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 23 Sep 15:28

Not sure what you`re getting at DA Go. I posted about it because I can`t comprehend how any ref (let alone a whole panel) can look at that incident and conclude that the correct decision was a yellow for rice, and nothing for Veltman who`s deliberately punted him in the shins.

I am quite conscious that I`m looking at this through biased lenses, and am willing to be corrected. But, as I say, give how prevalent delaying the restart is, that 3 of the 4 yellows given for it this season have been to Arsenal players, is an incredible statistical anomaly.

If you can show evidence to the contrary id be really grateful.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net