DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Plums
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Sat 7 Jan 00:57

Get these every week and had a few really good price winners.

The pick of the prices in the Bathwick.….

Connections have always thought quite a bit of SOME BUCKLE. They were talking about him being a real chasing prospect when he'd done no more than win a maiden hurdle.

That was 2-years ago. Connections haven’t rushed the 8yo. He finally went over fences at the start of last year – earning a rating of 140 and not disgracing himself against some decent opposition in a novice handicap chase at Sandown in April.

This term, on the face of it, the horse has under-whelmed. He pulled-up on his seasonal reappearance. Next time out at Ascot he was well beaten.

But that was in an open handicap against much higher-rated opposition. Tomorrow's assignment in the Bathwick Tyres Handicap Chase at Wincanton (2.05) looks a more realistic proposition at this stage of his development.

His recent form figures don't look great on paper. But this horse has been producing decent performances in defeat. He can come to the fore against lesser opposition tomorrow.

He’s in at 6s generally. That’s not normally our kind of price. But given the shape of the race, I’m delighted with it.

The pick of the prices in the 32Red Handicap Chase….

Over at Sandown in the 32Red Handicap Chase (1.15), I'm interested in the prospects of Venetia Williams’s MARCILHAC....

As a 5yo he was good enough to run just a short-head behind Carole’s Destrier over hurdles at Kempton. That was almost 3 years ago – and he’s not run much in the meantime. He’s clearly had problems.

But connections must believe he is worth persevering with and at Ascot last month – off a 9-month break – he produced a pleasing enough return to finish 6th of 15.

He understandably tired towards the end. Nevertheless, his figures were the best he’s put up in Britain to date over fences (7 of his 10 chase runs came in France as a 3- and 4-year-old) and he’s entitled to improve again for the run.

He'd dropped down to a mark of 126 from a high of 135 and he can capitalize on that opportunity. Venetia Williams has sent out a few winners over the last fortnight, the ground will suit and there's plenty to like....

I don’t expect the firms to go up with early prices for this class 3 event. Instead. I’m relying on the industry tissue as my guiding light. Marcilhac is on that at 12s.

I’d be delighted with 12s – anything bigger would be outrageously good. But I’d be happy with 8s, 9s, 10s or 11s too.

To recap….

Tomorrow’s selections are as follows….

SOME BUCKLE @ 6s (Generally) in the 2.05 at Wincanton
MARCILHAC @ 12s (Industry tissue) in the 1.15 at Sandown

He does come up with some good ones.Best was 1st and 2nd at massive prices one time.Wish I had done the forecast.

Anyway thought I'd put it out with no guarantees other than he does hit some good ones.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net