DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Dobbing
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Wed 14 Feb 17:50

Anyone whose read any of my posts probably already knows I'm a bit of a dobber but I was wondering if any .netters were into dobbing and had any decent sites they use?

I've had a look at Patternform and subscribe to Geegeez and also use free sites such as the Racing Post and ATR but was wondering if anyone had a decent site for horses matched in running prices?

I know you can get the info from Betfair but I've always been a bit overwhelmed by their raw data.

Any advice appreciated!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Dobbing
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Thu 15 Feb 16:51

By dobbing do you mean trading ?
I play in running on horse racing, not a term I've ever heard.
The timeform results section on betfair gives you In running high and lows, I'm not familiar with anyone else who produces the data.
[IP address logged]
 Re: Dobbing
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Fri 16 Feb 06:56

Yeah it's the specific type of trading where you back the horse and then lay it for double the amount at half the original decimal odds price. I.e. back a horse for a £100 at 10.00 and then lay it for £200 at 5.0 to win £100 - exchange comission . I guess you could vary it to something like 25% as you're more likely to get that kind of price movement than 50%.

I think its meant to stand for Double or bust. I was interested to see how many horses actually shorten in price that much and if there were any tools to help identify which horses are more likely to have their odds reduce in play.

Cheers Westie
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net