DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Just when I think Sturgeon is losing her touch...
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 18 Dec 00:12

... she comes long and finds the top corner.
https://youtu.be/Ums5hdy0YOA

Shredding the Daily Mail reporter to bits. 😂

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Just when I think Sturgeon is losing her touch...
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 18 Dec 10:25

She never tries to conceal her contempt for the Tory press, probably on the grounds that they`re never going to print anything favourable to her so why be nice to them?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Sat 18 Dec 10:56

Superb response.

She should let him ask the first question from now on.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sat 18 Dec 11:09

“EVEN for the Daily Mail” đŸ€ŁđŸ€ŁđŸ€Ł
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Sat 18 Dec 11:54

Yip put in his place. Dross and other Tories are up in arms as she spoke in a condescending manner to the reporter.
A reporter who knows or at least should know that Scotland will not get extra funding until WM decides England needs extra funding.

“An equal partner in the family of nations”..remember ? Aye right

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 18 Dec 13:25

Quote:

desparado, Sat 18 Dec 11:54

Yip put in his place. Dross and other Tories are up in arms as she spoke in a condescending manner to the reporter.
A reporter who knows or at least should know that Scotland will not get extra funding until WM decides England needs extra funding.

“An equal partner in the family of nations”..remember ? Aye right

Minor correction:

"Until WM decides England needs extra funding...and then borrows a stack of cash on the shared credit card and claims to have done us a favour."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: McCaig`s Tower  
Date:   Sat 18 Dec 18:27

I’m not a big fan of these briefings – there is little chance for the journalists to ask follow-up questions, which devalues the whole exercise in my opinion – but I thought NS behaved appallingly.

I only saw the first couple of questions from the BBC and STV (I think) before the BBC cut away, but I thought they were sensible questions which weren’t really answered.

The media will have viewers and readers who will want specific questions raised even if the media think they know the answer already, they are entitled to ask.

I think the questions were legitimate – if you can suddenly find £100m (or was it £200m?) can you find more? If not (or there were some other unforeseen contingency) could you rejig the budget? Well, yes you could because you’ve already said you might have to. Given the frequent changes to self-isolation guidance, is there scope for a relaxation there?

(And of course, the previous profligacy of the SG should be called into question – surely there are legitimate questions to be asked there?).

Instead we had the unedifying spectacle of Mr Blackley being treated like a recalcitrant pupil at school assembly.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 18 Dec 18:39

Behave Min ^^^^ He deserves to be .. he could not string a sentence together ..that has to be your worst post but is in line with much of your garbage .. there is absolutely no chance the media or public being allowed a follow up .. go watch Boris the Brave

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sat 18 Dec 18:46

Unionists don`t like these briefings because NS comes across well in them. She is always well-briefed and rarely wrong-footed. You won`t hear Labour at Westminster complaining about Johnson being allowed free air-time because he comes across so poorly. Journalists like Blackley are simply trying to catch her out and play up to their readership.

Post Edited (Sat 18 Dec 19:03)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 18 Dec 19:08

Good post wee eck

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 18 Dec 19:32

The boy got his bottom handed to him and deservedly so. His questions were the laziest of lazy journalism.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Sat 18 Dec 22:02

Some think she’s a wee chit, but she’s bigger than that.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Dec 10:08

Just when you think there`s going to be a civilised discussion... somebody throws in a random insult.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sun 19 Dec 11:59

Yoon patter really is terrible. Like, why do right wingers find it so hard to be funny? Every time they make a `joke` you can just sense their teeth crunching and faces going bright red with rage
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Dec 12:11

I`ve lost track of the various `nicknames` they`ve come up with for NS. It`s excruciating primary school playground stuff.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 19 Dec 13:33

They know they’re losing the arguments wee eck

so to use a fitba analogy - like all crap teams, if they’re not getting a kick off the ball, they revert to trying to kick the players
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 19 Dec 14:39

I wonder if they`d have so many names for a male politician?

I`m not great fan of Sturgeon`s government but I`d much rather have her leading the country than someone like Douglas Ross or whoever leads the Lib Dems nowadays.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Sun 19 Dec 15:12

McCaig raised some points, just got abuse for his pains. - worst post, garbage etc.
He can speak up for himself, but to use another footie analogy why not play the ball not the man and respond to his arguments?

Having said that, my poke at our esteemed Leaderene wasn’t very gentlemanly. I apologise for lowering the tone even further than already set by someone elsie 

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Sun 19 Dec 15:36

I`ve never been the most fervent fan of Nicola Sturgeon and I would still argue that the SNP could do a lot to strengthen their arguments, which rings the competency alarm bells in my head.

Not one single Unionist politician I can think of that`s capable of mounting a strong offensive against the SNP. If I was Nicola Sturgeon, I`d be diverting attention away from the opposing the Tories and be more vociferous in attacking Labour and Lib Dem - offer them a role in writing the constitution of an Independent Scotland (which would be largely social democratic) and if they refuse just highlight the lack of integrity of these parties for supporting a right wing England.

Tbh, at this point though, its just kinda funny to watch the Yoons slowly realising that the whole basis of their ideology is crumbling away and the inevitability of the situation - its like when an animal is cornered. UK economy in chronic decline due to Brexit and the demographic is really shifting against them. More and more youngsters in Scotland growing up in Scotland used the idea of a Government in Edinburgh being mainly responsible for their daily lives. It really is only going one way. Get Independence done! ;)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 19 Dec 17:46

Mc T, the problem is that journalist didn`t ask any of those questions that you have raised. He didn`t make any of the points you made (not that I agree with the spirit of your question either but that`s neither here nor there). This journalist asked a shockingly lazy and inept question and the most capable Scottish politician of this century felt his bum for it. Maybe he`ll learn from it. He was questioning the First Minister of Scotland, he should have brought his A game.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Dec 19:30

Topic Originator: Parboiled
Date: Sun 19 Dec 15:12

McCaig raised some points, just got abuse for his pains. - worst post, garbage etc.
He can speak up for himself, but to use another footie analogy why not play the ball not the man and respond to his arguments?

Having said that, my poke at our esteemed Leaderene wasn’t very gentlemanly. I apologise for lowering the tone even further than already set by someone elsie 

Apologies to McCaig for the garbage slur .. but the post was total nonsense and I will stand by that
Parboiled who is Elsie ? .. :-))

Post Edited (Sun 19 Dec 19:31)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Dec 21:19

TOWK

What questions do you think the journalist asked?

As far as I can see MB asked 4 questions:

Does she (NS) agree that those in the hospitality industry are suffering lockdown by stealth?
Is ÂŁ66m enough?
Could she find more?
If she can’t find more, are there other solutions?

Do you agree?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 19 Dec 21:24

Apologies to McCaig for the garbage slur .. but the post was total nonsense and I will stand by that

Buspasspar

Apology accepted, but are you saying my post was total nonsense but not garbage?

You have to marvel at my consistency.

Do you mean that nothing I said could be interpreted as making sense? In the spirit of civilised discussion, of course.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 1
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net