DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Consumer rights....
Topic Originator: Bertiesback  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 11:57

I bought an article on line on the 1st and was told it would arrive on the 5th and to-day I received an email saying my order was cancelled as it was no longer in stock.

I refreshed the bookmark page I kept on my desktop and they still appear to be selling the item.

They have not debited my account.
This was a really good deal from a high street name, is there no comeback?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Consumer rights....
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 12:05

Have they taken payment?

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 12:35

I had similar experience with "sweatshop " who seem to be an arm of sports direct
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 14:07

I don't think there is if they haven't taken payment. There's normally a clause about items being subject to availability in the sales terms to protect them if an item suddenly goes out of stock. Annoying none the less.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 15:13

No comeback I’m afraid as there is no payment taken. Online is an indicator of what is available, however, due to the nature of online shopping, it may just be an indicator of what was available at close of play e.g. you want to buy a TV, you see it online for a bargain price at 930pm. The TV was available when the company closed at 530pm but somebody else ordered it at 730 pm. The orders were then picked up the following day and entered into the company’s system in the morning meaning the first order was fulfilled and all following orders rejected. Since no money was taken there has been no “contract” entered into for sale of the goods.

Nightmare I know but some smaller companies don’t have the ability to stock check “on the fly” online.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 16:59

I could have handled the disappointment if they had got back to me say the next day but 5 days later ..............
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Westies squint kicks  
Date:   Tue 6 Nov 19:38

Bertie you haven't said who it was so are we to presume it lovehoney ;-)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 16:40

Had to google that Westies - and no. It was actually Earnst Jones, I was looking for a new watch.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: parforthecourse  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 16:52

Upmarket H Samuel. Terrible group. Had problems with wife's wedding ring only resolved by contacting group directors. Avoid!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Wed 7 Nov 21:35

From my understanding, anything a shop does is just an invitation to tender and they don't have to accept, even if you agree to buy

Post Edited (Wed 07 Nov 21:35)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net