DAFC.net
Home 20 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Cycling Grand Tours - Froome or Thomas
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Fri 10 May 06:44

So Giro d'Italia starts tomorrow but Froome was on telly today saying he's not doing it to focus on the TdF. He was also saying he's in a privileged position as he has the backing of the team... Does that mean Geraint Thomas is not going to be given an equal chance?

Prefer Thomas myself and would like to see him be supported for his second (or ideally they go to different teams and compete!)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Cycling Grand Tours - Froome or Thomas
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Fri 10 May 09:26

Slightly odd that they are both targeting the TdF. That said Froome was team leader in last years TdF, and moved into a support role once it became clear Thomas was stronger.

Given the strength of Team Ineos they can probably have the same flexible approach this year. Cycling is worse than football these days - the majority of Ineos domestiques would lead any other team.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Fri 10 May 11:05

Agreed about strength and depth... I hoped sky would dismantle and their riders be dispersed amongst the other teams... Could have made for a great series of races
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sligo Mick  
Date:   Fri 10 May 20:24

No matter what happens this year this will be the last season they will be Team Mates,Thomas will leave to team up again with Rod Ellingworth at Bahrain-Merida
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net