DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Tesco - Carnegie Drive
Topic Originator: Parplod  
Date:   Wed 2 Oct 10:02

Anyone who uses Tesco for free parking should note that the 3 hour stay has been reduced to 2 as of 1 October.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Tesco - Carnegie Drive
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Wed 2 Oct 10:50

I'm outraged at this....
Naw I'm no... But someone will be 🤣

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parsbilly  
Date:   Wed 2 Oct 11:22

don't think it is possible to spend longer than that when you visit the high street anyway
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 2 Oct 20:33

The Press Facebook has over 100 comments on this. Absolute belters losing it because they'll need to spend a pound on parking.

What's more interesting was I heard on the radio they've slashed the price of unlimited parking tickets in Kirkcaldy (assume this is aimed at town centre workers) so it's £50 for the month rather than £150. Assume Fife Council will do the same in other Fife towns? No?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Al  
Date:   Wed 2 Oct 21:06

Just park at Leys Park Rd and cut through Debenhams into the centre and you can park as long as you want!

Folk need to realise that Dunfermline town centre isnt that bad, there are a lot worse places out there!!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Wed 2 Oct 21:13

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 2 Oct 22:07

It's when people mention places like Livi. So they'll spend £££ to drive to Livi to save about 50p in parking charges only to go to much the same shops.

If they want free parking then they can always go to Glenrothes. Weird how free parking has never benefited the Kingdom Centre.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Wed 2 Oct 22:13

Quite right. Parking at Tesco should be for Tesco customers

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Wed 2 Oct 23:16

I park and use town but usually buy something at the store.I never understand why they dont use the same as some where a receipt,over a set amount is free, but no buy you pay for parking.Loads use it for free parking to go up town and spend not a penny in Tescos.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sarah  
Date:   Thu 3 Oct 11:08

It's a right pain when you've got something on in the Leisure Centre that takes more than two hours...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Thu 3 Oct 12:15

The final nail in the toons overpriced coffin.

Thoughts are with the family.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Thu 3 Oct 16:52

Did say when they opened that they'd review the parking but I've not seen it full so seems a strange move.

I often park there to go to Carnegie and always buy something, probably won't now.

Wonder if there's anything significance in the fact it's almost exactly 5 years since it opened.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BigJPar  
Date:   Thu 3 Oct 17:29

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Oct 19:37

What's the relevance of 5 years?

I've seen it near full a fair few times when there's nowhere near as many people in the shop as there are cars. I'll bet there's people started parking there to use the Kinema too. They're also probably looking at the fairly significant housing development happening over the road and thinking about that too.

End of the day, it's not Tesco's responsibility to provide parking for the town centre. Fife Council have for many years made suggestions about a multi-storey at Walker Drive but have never done anything about it. In the meantime they're cutting charges in Kirkcaldy and keeping it free in Glenrothes. It's a disgrace.

Parking for the Carnegie is incredibly poor. I don't know why they haven't sought to acquire the land by Ceramic Tile warehouse to create a car park there.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Aylesbury_Par  
Date:   Thu 3 Oct 23:02

Looks like most people have forgotten that Tesco were effectively given for free publicly owned car parks around the Bruce Street area for their development on the understanding that as part of the original plans public parking would be incorporated into the overall development.

Remember that what Tesco eventually built was a very watered down version of the promised retail hub that was going to enhance Dunfermline Town centre!

Nevermind at least we got a stunning display of road traffic management to replace the previous free flowing junction at Pilmuir Street.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Thu 3 Oct 23:32

Whoever designed that car crash (no pun intended) of a road layout needs to take a long hard look at themselves.🙄

Admin
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net