DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Dunfermline - Glasgow bus
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 13 Nov 18:37

Ages ago I read Stagecoach were doing a £10 return but can't see it anywhere on their website. Does it not exist anymore?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Dunfermline - Glasgow bus
Date:   Wed 13 Nov 19:30

Answering my own question. It's an off-peak return ticket. Stagecoach website is a shocker.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Thu 14 Nov 13:22

Ask for a cheap same day return. It’s £10.50 or something. As long as it’s just journey out and journey back. No other buses.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kelty_par  
Date:   Fri 15 Nov 08:37

They seem to be doing that weird thing where a return is cheaper than a single. I assume that is so they can fiddle the statistics and say they have 2x the number of passengers they actually do or something?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 15 Nov 13:51

I got the £16 east Scotland ticket. Unlimited travel all day across east Scotland (which somehow included Glasgow/Paisley...). This was cheaper than a return to Glasgow. The whole fare structure is baffling.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect68  
Date:   Fri 15 Nov 21:49

Same day return £10, 28 day open return £19.50, or East Coast day rider which will take you all way to Glasgow Airport £16,
Weird but true...
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 Nov 00:06

The app is pretty decent but it refers you to the website for the other tickets. Have to say it was a clockwork service. Turned up on time, arrived on time. Plenty seats and pretty comfortable. Only downside is the time it takes but not really much more than the time it takes to go to Haymarket and then swap to go to Glasgow.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net