DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Epstein
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Thu 4 Jun 10:15

Watched the Netflix documentary on him last night, it is just horrific what happened, especially if you have daughters.

The American justice system was an absolute joke and the celebrities being mentioned makes you wonder?

Massive cover up in high places!
[IP address logged]
 Re: Epstein
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Thu 4 Jun 11:02

As with the racism issue in the US, the silence is the problem.

Those who are accusing everyone who ever met Epstein of criminal activities are probably taking things too far. I would imagine that a lot of them didn't ask enough questions about the ages of the girls at his island home and just gave him the benefit of the doubt about a lot of stuff because of who he was.

The same happened to an extent with Jimmy Savile. I think very few people were directly involved in his crimes but a hell of a lot saw or heard things that they could have reported but didn't.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Thu 4 Jun 15:28

Its very hard to watch - especially having an almost teen daughter of my own.

What a horrible man

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Jul 15:46

Few folk sweating now that Maxwell has been arrested, wonder if she'll do a deal?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Thu 2 Jul 16:05

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Thu 2 Jul 15:46

Few folk sweating now that Maxwell has been arrested, wonder if she'll do a deal?

Surely she'll be dead shortly....

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Sammy_Must_Die  
Date:   Thu 2 Jul 16:16

^^^ This

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 2 Jul 16:56

Oh for sure...she sings she'll be suicided.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Thu 2 Jul 17:41

OOOH .....Hit Fan The Sh*t
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Thu 2 Jul 20:42

Quote:

Buspasspar, Thu 2 Jul 17:41

OOOH .....Hit Fan The Sh*t

If only, the only thing that will hit any fan will be Maxwell...
No way any of the big players are gonna fall for this.
The Panda Eye club are just too powerful.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bandy  
Date:   Thu 2 Jul 21:31

Someone will fall - probably Weinstein who now has nothing to lose.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jul 09:25

Quote:

Bandy, Thu 2 Jul 21:31

Someone will fall - probably Weinstein who now has nothing to lose.

Weinstein is a rapist.....this lot...and the list is extensive...are paedophiles, nonces, beasts...they are literally addicted to it.

Post Edited (Fri 03 Jul 09:36)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jul 09:35

Splattered on all the front pages this morning
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jul 09:37

Quote:

Buspasspar, Fri 3 Jul 09:35

Splattered on all the front pages this morning

Her suicide will be too....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 3 Jul 11:03

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Thu 2 Jul 15:46

You can put money on it. They'll offer her a reduced jail term if she cooperates in bringing others to justice.

No chance Andy will ever go back to the states, nor will he ever face justice in the UK. Who ever said that nobody is above the law?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jul 11:28

Andrew is safe as houses, legally speaking anyway, so long as he stays in the UK - it's questionable as to whether he's actually broken any laws. Even if he did have sex with Virginia Roberts she was above the age of consent at the time - and he can just plead ignorance with regard to the trafficking element.

He's naive and stupid enough to believe that she was actually in to him.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Fri 3 Jul 11:38

Would pleading ignorance hold up in a court of law?

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jul 11:42

No idea - not a lawyer. I guess it would depend if they found evidence that he knew, or was likely to have known.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jul 11:44

Not a lawyer either but I don't think not being aware of a law gives you a free pass if you break it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jul 11:46

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Fri 3 Jul 11:44

Not a lawyer either but I don't think not being aware of a law gives you a free pass if you break it.

Being a Royal does.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jul 15:58

It isn't - although I'm not sure what the Uk law is around having sex with the victims of trafficking if they are of legal age - in the US there's the fairy minor charge of soliciting prostitution; perhaps something similar here?

To hit Andy with that I assume the evidence you need would be some kind of financial transaction, benefit in kind paper trail...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 3 Jul 17:15

I believe trafficking in this case (illicit sexual purposes) was not specifically legislated against by the UK until 2003.

Which, rather conveniently, is a "get out of jail" (pun intended) card on the pleading ignorant of the Law scenario in respect of an alleged 2001 occurence.

Post Edited (Fri 03 Jul 17:17)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jul 17:19

I'm not doubting you VE but I find it incredible that sex trafficking wasn't illegal in the UK until 2003?!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jul 18:37

Quote:

Bandy, Fri 3 Jul 15:58

It isn't - although I'm not sure what the Uk law is around having sex with the victims of trafficking if they are of legal age - in the US there's the fairy minor charge of soliciting prostitution; perhaps something similar here?

To hit Andy with that I assume the evidence you need would be some kind of financial transaction, benefit in kind paper trail...

It's not about the money, it's about the influence and leverage.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Jul 18:55

"I'm not doubting you VE but I find it incredible that sex trafficking wasn't illegal in the UK until 2003?!"

Ditto.

See Prosecution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_trafficking_in_the_United_Kingdom
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Jul 08:22

Ooft Maxwell still alive today....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Sat 4 Jul 08:51

The more I read about this woman, the more objectionable she becomes. To be fair though, her father was an utter, utter, utter ****. It would seem that this particular rotten apple didn't fall too far from the tree.

There was a time when Robert Maxwell could well have become Britain's own Trump and got to be PM. Thankfully, not. Private Eye saw to that. But that was a pyrrhic victory as we got Thatcher instead.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 4 Jul 09:32

I worked for R.M. back in the eighties Oz ...I think you are being kind to him :)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jul 10:10

Still alive, can't have long now.
The paedos won't fall.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: storminNorman  
Date:   Sun 5 Jul 17:04

think during these times Rasta with an election coming up and the timing of her arrest (the FBI,CIA knew where she was all along) means there are other powerful people at work here and she will be well protected.she obviously know's enough to implicate certain folk in power that others who's businesses and profits are being effected by certain sanctions being implemented willy nilly are less than happy. money and wealth and power are all that concerns them so you you might have two factions here one to protect her and one who might not want her to ever testify.
after one or the other gets what they want what happens to her is another thing.

aaaaaaaaaargh Johnny Rotten blew the whistle on savile in 1978 in a BBC interview and they removed it and effectively banned him but never officially,so what you have to think about is here you had a young man just a few years into the music business and some involvement with the BBC and he either knew or had heard the rumours. it makes you wonder how the Biased Broadcasting Company have lasted this long or does it?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jul 19:21

Quote :-

The same happened to an extent with Jimmy Savile. I think very few people were directly involved in his crimes but a hell of a lot saw or heard things that they could have reported but didn't.

I think there were more than a few and some big hitters as well but will we ever find out ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 5 Jul 19:41

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sun 5 Jul 19:21

Quote :-

I think there were more than a few and some big hitters as well but will we ever find out ?

We already know who they are, will they ever face justice...unlikely.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 6 Jul 03:18

I remember Esther Rantzen saying that there were rumours about Savile at the BBC, in the music industry, in Fleet Street, even in the NHS. But nothing was done. She defended her own inaction on the basis that it was just a rumour, which would not stand up in court.

That was a similar defence to the one used by the newspapers when it all came to light. But we all know that the newspapers have published plenty of stories that were based on the flimsiest of evidence, so why the silence on Savile?

They were all happy to publish photos of him running from John O' Groats to Lands End, but not a word about the goings-on in his caravan at night.

Were powerful people enforcing silence? This is one conspiracy theory that seems to have very solid legs.

If Ms Maxwell meets an untimely death then we will know with some certainty that there are powerful and sinister forces at work.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Jul 13:07

"I remember Esther Rantzen saying that there were rumours about Savile at the BBC, in the music industry, in Fleet Street, even in the NHS. But nothing was done. She defended her own inaction on the basis that it was just a rumour, which would not stand up in court."

She could have reported her concerns to very top management in confidence.

Her high profile status within the BBC would have allowed her such access.

Then she could claim she had discharged her responsibility at least.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Jul 13:40

I think it was more deep rooted at the Beeb than people knew
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 7 Jul 13:59

I would imagine Savile had friends in higher places than just the head of the BBC, with his closeness to people like Prince Charles, his annual new years eve invite to Chequers from Margaret Thatcher. I would imagine he was able to groom and present victims to those that needed them. His list of Honours is quite impressive, Knighthood, Papal Knighthood, Knight of Malta. He was well rewarded, and well protected by those in power
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Tue 7 Jul 16:38

Maxwell's father was very well regarded by Mossad, the Israeli intelligence service. I am sure that is one reason he was never effectively called to account for his financial cheating.

Whether Mossad's protection extends to his daughter is less certain. Technically she is not even Jewish but given the eulogy made at Maxwell's funeral by the Israeli PM I would suspect she is someone that they would feel obliged to help.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Jul 16:43

Quote:

sammer, Tue 7 Jul 16:38

Maxwell's father was very well regarded by Mossad, the Israeli intelligence service. I am sure that is one reason he was never effectively called to account for his financial cheating.

Whether Mossad's protection extends to his daughter is less certain. Technically she is not even Jewish but given the eulogy made at Maxwell's funeral by the Israeli PM I would suspect she is someone that they would feel obliged to help.

Mossad are rumoured to be behind Epstein and Maxwell, using them to get leverage over world leaders, not a wild jump given how fawning plenty are over Israel.
Barely a word about the Palestinian genocide.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Jul 17:22

Both the Israeli president at the time, Ireland's Chaim Herzog and PM Yitzhak Rabin eulogised him at his funeral. The latter actually said something 'he has done more for Israel than can be said today'.
I dare say Maxwell also made some connections when he served as a Labour MP under Harold Wilson for six years.
Capt Bob certainly lived an intriguing and mysterious life and was undoubtedly a complex character.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: babs woodhouse  
Date:   Wed 8 Jul 12:50

Im sure Eshters husband was charged by police for taking loads of photos of the same young girl at their home swimming pool.
think the charges got dropped I think she knew exactly what went on and with who
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Jul 14:31

Have no idea about the credibility but there's a new book coming out making claims Epstein was blackmailing high powered individuals for Mossad....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 08:12

So it turns out Epsteins island is an ex military base with a submarine port, Miss Maxwell owns a submarine company and has a neighbouring island belongs to touchy feely, little bit rapey Joe Biden.
Paedos in control.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 08:56

Never seen any reference to Little St. James as having been a military base in the past.

Who is reporting this ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 09:27

This from this mornings papers

Maxwell'has tapes of two prominent US politicians having sex with minors' and boasted of 'owning' powerful people, according to a former friend.

The ex-jewel robber, who used the pseudonym William Steel, said they 'forced' him to watch the footage as they wanted to convince him of their 'power'.

He also claimed to have seen clips of 'celebrities' and 'world figures' having 'threesomes, even orgies' with minors.

Apparently she is under constant watch and is wearing paper clothing so she can't harm herself .....Watch this space .....
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 10:17

<<So it turns out Epsteins island is an ex military base with a submarine port, Miss Maxwell owns a submarine company and has a neighbouring island belongs to touchy feely, little bit rapey Joe Biden. Paedos in control.>>

Really Rasta, is there no end to this daftness? You continue to drop this insane QAnon nonsense on here no doubt hoping to impress us with your incredible insight. How many times have such posts from you turned out to be utter piffle?

Too many times to count.

A couple of quick observations. I don't know if little St James was ever a military base, but I do know with some certainty that it would never accommodate a submarine port.

You don't have to go any further than looking at the satellite feature on Google Maps to confirm that the island has a small finger jetty with a shed on the end of it. The jetty has room to accommodate a couple of 60 ft launches and maybe a few dinghies. It has neither the length nor the depth to take a submarine.

Perhaps there's a secret submarine base hidden in the cliffs around the island?

Perhaps not. I have a Navionics app on my phone from which I can extract navigation charts of anywhere in the world in very fine detail. I took a look at the island and it is skirted on its northern shores by shallow beaches and to the south, treacherous rocky outcrops.

Submarines would not come within miles of the island.

As for Joe Biden owning an island... Do a search online for his current assets. It is all readily available. Categorically no island.

Sorry to puncture your tyres.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 10:32

Dude calm the **** down, I posted it after reading an article on a fairly mainstream site
I wouldn't even know where to look for q anon or whatever they call themselves..

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 10:52

Which fairly mainstream site was it on, Rasta? I would be interested to know. QAnon can be found lurking on many a "fairly mainstream" site.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 11:17

Sounds like a normal docking jetty - pretty much standard on small islands for shallow draft craft.

As for the submarine - most likely one of those small submersible types with glass bottoms that you see in holiday resorts to let tourists observe underwater life.

Most likely that's what Epstein kept for impressing guests.

They have limited diving capabilities.

I doubt if Ms. Maxwell owns a submarine company - she has a licence to operate submersibles, probably connected to her involvement with TerraMer ?

Post Edited (Sat 11 Jul 11:52)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 11:30

What a shame. It was all starting to sound like a James Bond plot for world domination for a minute there.
I could almost visualize the top man with the ugly scar, dodgy eye and questionable taste in pets.

Post Edited (Sat 11 Jul 11:30)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Johan_Cruyff  
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 12:16

The #wayfair conspiracy theories are rampant amongst my US based facebook friends last 24 hours...

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 12:26

Yes, and snopes.com has already debunked it. Here's what snopes had to say...

"The claim that Wayfair is trafficking children is based almost entirely on one person’s confusion over an expensive cabinet. This conspiracy theory, like so many conspiracy theories, started with a wild and unfounded assumption that would be sickening if it were actually true. As of this writing, absolutely no credible evidence has been offered to back up this accusation."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 12:39

Quote:

OzPar, Sat 11 Jul 12:26

Yes, and snopes.com has already debunked it. Here's what snopes had to say...

"The claim that Wayfair is trafficking children is based almost entirely on one person’s confusion over an expensive cabinet. This conspiracy theory, like so many conspiracy theories, started with a wild and unfounded assumption that would be sickening if it were actually true. As of this writing, absolutely no credible evidence has been offered to back up this accusation."

Hope you're not implying a poster on here was spouting fairy stories again. 😒😒

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 15:12

Doesn't really matter to me as long as the paedos go down.
We know there's support for them on here.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 15:59

You will have to establish what a ‘paedo’ is first before they are jailed. The simple definition would be a person who has sexual relations with a young person that is below the age of consent. However the age of consent varies from country to country. In Germany and Italy it is 14; in Philippines 12; in Japan 13; in Bahrain 21.

Jet setters and cruise launch socialites such as Epstein and Maxwell may well have been aware of this when arranging their various parties.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 16:01

Quote:

Rastapari, Sat 11 Jul 15:12

Doesn't really matter to me as long as the paedos go down.
We know there's support for them on here.

Ah so spout any old crap accuse people who may not be involved but just maybe a paedo may get caught. You are worse than the low life accusing anything and anyone without evidence.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 16:47

Quote:

sammer, Sat 11 Jul 15:59

You will have to establish what a ‘paedo’ is first before they are jailed. The simple definition would be a person who has sexual relations with a young person that is below the age of consent. However the age of consent varies from country to country. In Germany and Italy it is 14; in Philippines 12; in Japan 13; in Bahrain 21.

Jet setters and cruise launch socialites such as Epstein and Maxwell may well have been aware of this when arranging their various parties.

12 in the Philippines? That's outrageous, just kids. As much as I agree with where Rasta is coming from, the way he spouts stuff without real evidence and then disappears when pulled up about it is pretty annoying and it's the sort of thing that sees other stories debunked as conspiracy theories
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 11 Jul 16:59

Who here supports paedophiles ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Kessel  
Date:   Fri 17 Jul 09:10

Quote:

veteraneastender, Sat 11 Jul 16:59

Who here supports paedophiles ?

If you are to believe Rasta then every poster on this website supports paedophiles except him 👍🏽
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Fri 17 Jul 10:53

Where do we support peodo's?

Is there a specific colour of scarf? A 'strip'?
Where do we 'play'?

Any popular songs or ditties?
Wait - I got one...

We are the Fife paedo's - The pervs of the North
We lurk in Dunfermline - Just over the Forth

We'll letch at your daughters - and make them go 'down'
The Fifeshire paedo's are in town

NaNANahhhh nana nananananana

Lets's all do the Epstein bounce

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 Jul 17:59

Prince Andrew is now officially an unperson.
His daughter Beatrice was married today in what media describe as a 'secret ceremony.' As a father I am sure Andrew would have been present for this big day in his life.
However our ever compliant media have not reported his presence far less his name. The Queen and Prince Philip were name checked but not him. I would anticipate an announcement of a health problem in the near future which will restrict his public appearances and travel.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 Jul 18:47

He was present and named - according to other media reports.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 Jul 19:45

A widely reported secret ceremony it seems.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 Jul 21:41

VEE,

Later reports I read said, 'It was believed he was in attendance.' There is also a photo of him in a car probably driving to the 'secret' ceremony. The media have presumably been asked to play down Randy Andy's (as he was once gleefully tagged by the UK tabloids) attendance at his daughter's wedding and have complied. No photo of the happy bride being handed over by dad.

Was this wedding not, about a year back, being touted as a big TV event? Or maybe I've mixed up my royal weddings.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 Jul 22:40

Aye, the daughter who got married must be hugely pissed by the low-key media coverage of her wedding. A year or so ago, her sister had the full "royal wedding" treatment with live TV coverage of the "event" and adoring crowds in the streets.

The majority of Aussies were bemused that one of our TV channels gave over about eight hours to that wedding. The same channel had nothing of the wedding yesterday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 17 Jul 22:52

I think the wedding was originally scheduled for May but had to be postponed because of the pandemic. It would still be a pretty low-scale affair which may explain the limited coverage.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 17 Jul 22:55

"Hello" magazine have probably paid an arm and a leg for exclusive photo access.

This is the sort of establishment mince that their readers thrive on.

"The same channel had nothing of the wedding yesterday."

Lucky you Oz !!!

Have not watched any BBC today - I wonder how they are reporting on it ?

Not that it matters - I immediately change channels - even cricket is more watchable.

Post Edited (Fri 17 Jul 22:59)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 18 Jul 08:28

We've probably saved £2 million
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 18 Jul 12:22

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sat 18 Jul 08:28

We've probably saved £2 million

Exactly. Pompous pihs

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 20 Jul 13:09

I haven't gone anywhere, unlike some I can spend days sometimes weeks away from .net.

Some of you should try it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Saltire  
Date:   Mon 20 Jul 21:16

ahh the resident expert in these matters salivating. Amazing with all the evidence that they have available there has been 0 convictions. Maybe work with the police with the evidence rather than rambling on a football forum about it?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 31 Jul 18:11

Not looking good for our royalists!🤔😯😡😡😡

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/prince-andrew-lobbied-us-government-064933256.html
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 31 Jul 19:37

We'll see.
Maxwell hasn't got long and Andrew....well...he would do well to avoid skiing any time soon.
Hanks already bolted to Greece, Ellen to follow.

There will be the usual small fry thrown to the wolves, the big players will die before their story is told.
Same as it always is.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 31 Jul 19:49

Ellen 😂
QAnon strikes again.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 08:42

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Fri 31 Jul 19:49

Ellen 😂
QAnon strikes again.

We'll see.
The usual suspects laughing at the subject of paedophilia, the usual suspects defending their heroes.
Been noted away from here too.
We'll see.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 11:49

I'm sure your right wing QAnon promotion has been noted as well Rasta.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 13:19

Quote:

Rastapari, Sat 1 Aug 08:42

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Fri 31 Jul 19:49

Ellen 😂
QAnon strikes again.

We'll see.
The usual suspects laughing at the subject of paedophilia, the usual suspects defending their heroes.
Been noted away from here too.
We'll see.

It is very true, it is always the same people, very keen to defend the alleged abusers. Always makes me wonder why? Who is noting it away from here though, Rasta?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 13:50

"It is very true, it is always the same people, very keen to defend the alleged abusers. Always makes me wonder why."

The why is easy - innocent until proven guilty.

A concept too far for some.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 14:13

Red-Star here is the basis of the allegations against Ellen Degeneres.
https://filmdaily.co/obsessions/degeneres-wayfair-conspiracy/
Absolutely ridiculous isn't it?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 14:19

What's the "evidence" against Tom Hanks ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 14:40

The allegation was his name appeared on Epsteins flight logs.
Of course they don't though.
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/jul/31/facebook-posts/no-tom-hanks-name-not-jeffrey-epsteins-flight-logs/

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 17:49

I'm of the opinion that you do your own fact checking and then come to your own decision (whether it's right or wrong... It's your decision).
Having had a wee peruse of the Web for twenty minutes or so earlier in the week I came to the decision (my decision remember) that the stuff about Tom Hanks /Ellen whateverhernameis /and Oprah wifery being involved with this nonsense seems to be (as far as I can see), absolute bunkum & malarkey.
And I have no allegiance to any of them by the way... I just can't find any evidence to the contrary.
Unless I go down the route of so called conspiracy theory sites of course.... According to them the three individuals I mentioned are guilty as sin.
Who do we believe???
You read the info available... Then decide who you believe.
Disclaimer *
The use of the term "conspiracy theory" is not meant as a slight on any poster... I'm just stating that they are called conspiracy theory sites.
Thank you kindly.
Message ends.
🙄

Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 18:03

That's all anyone can do Widders. Look at the available evidence and come to your own conclusion. I just feel that the so called evidence against the likes of Hanks, Oprah Winfrey and Ellen Degeneres to be totally bonkers. So because I believe that I have had a couple of posters making absolutely disgusting insinuations against me and others that don't believe the right wing conspiracies.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 19:05

Nailed it widtink

In my lengthy life I think we believe what we want to believe
We will not listen to or accept anything that is contradictory to our beliefs
But we will accept a lie if it augments our belief and shun a truth if it doesn't

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were

Post Edited (Sat 01 Aug 19:06)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 19:10

You've nailed it yourself Buspass.
As Robert Heinlein said; "You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic."

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 19:36

Thanks Towk .....and an interesting aphorism from RH never read that before
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 22:02

John Oliver had a good point in conspiracy theories in that human nature says big events need big causes (I work in risk and I know for a fact small causes lead to big events) and used the example; JFK death of a president needs a big cause so a lone dead assassin cannot be the answer so conspiracy agogo. Counter that to attempted assassination of Ronald Reagan - no dead president & the suspect apprehended so there are no conspiracy theories at all.

I quite enjoy a conspiracy theory but my two main beefs are (1) those that accept all conspiracies as fact are tools that allow real conspiracies to be consumed & hidden in the vastness of nonsense (which is dangerous) and
(2) they often don’t attach any discerning reasoning instead leaning on an outsider personality type and thinking all things ‘establishment’ are conspiracy (and by extension just because you are famous you are inherently evil). Perfect example will be the same people screaming a few years ago that we are under the boot of big oil will now say green power and electric transport is a scam to make the wealthy wealthier or Ellen/Tom Hanks nonsense (but if you disagree you are sheeple etc etc).

The John Oliver piece did conclude you can never use logic or evidence to change their minds - he did lean into using reason and empathy but I prefer to just enjoy it as entertainment 🤷🏻‍♂️.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 23:11

With so many conspiracy theories common sense seems to go out the window. A recent one on here was that Boris Johnson wasn't as ill as the MSM was making out. In fact some didn't believe he was even in hospital. For that to be the case there would have to have been an inconceivable degree of collusion involving politicians, civil servants, medical staff, media etc, many of whom would have had no motive in pretending he was ill. Any sensible person would have dismissed the theory he wasn't seriously ill as nonsense but that didn't prevent a few subscribing to it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 1 Aug 23:43

Agreed Eck. Johnson was certainly ill, whether by Covid or something else, and he has not looked the full shilling since. He looks a shaken man. His judgment has since been impaired in my view.

But don't underestimate the ability of those in power to create their own narrative. The term 'conspiracy theorist' 'was actually created by elements in US government who were trying to dampen down resistance to the Warren Report: i.e. that Lee Oswald shot Kennedy. It worked up to a point but even today, a half century after the event, about 50% of the people do not believe the narrative. So it was not such a success. In fact the Warren Report was widely viewed as a whitewash at the time.

Sometimes the conspiracy theorist are correct. For example there was a secret plan to close down the UK mining industry which was what the conspiracist Scargill claimed in 1983. He has been proved right. Yet you won't find many today agreeing with that. Even if they do, they will clam it was Scargill's fault! So even when conspiracies happen, you can offload the blame on to the victims. Long live Lee Harvey Oswald.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Aug 07:42

Again, we'll see, interesting use of language used by the uk newspapers...
"Teenage girl forced to have sex with Prince Andrew"
Should really be trafficked teenage girl raped by Priblnce Andrew"
No doubt VEE will be along to proclaim his innocence and redefine rape.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 2 Aug 08:03

Quote:

Rastapari, Sun 2 Aug 07:42

Forgot "allegedly". The media here won't pick up on this. Our precious Royals made up of racists, rapists and reprobates. I'm not bothered about their funding, but the fawning over them is shameful.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Aug 08:32

I see a direct corollary between the conspiracy theories in relation to Tom Hanks, Oprah Winfrey and Ellen Degeneres and the fact that all three were vocal supporters of Barack Obama.

As said earlier, the claim that Wayfair is trafficking children is based almost entirely on one person’s confusion over an expensive cabinet. Absolutely no credible evidence has been offered to back up this accusation.

I wonder if Rasta - and now red-star-par too - will continue to maintain that efforts by posters on here to debunk unfounded conspiracy theories are down to nefarious motives? Wouldn't recommend that clearly libellous route myself.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Aug 09:10

"No doubt VEE will be along to proclaim his innocence and redefine rape."

I have never defended Prince Andrew, or any of that circle, at any time.

You are so predictable, tedious and persistent with this personal guff, the usual mantra.

Why not keep it for Tom Hanks and Ellen Degeneres etc., the ones you have "something" solid on ?

There is more than a little irony in that you follow a right wing conspiracy circus that (allegedly) embraces Donald Trump.

Post Edited (Sun 02 Aug 10:04)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 2 Aug 21:43

So now the "Ellen" show is implicated in sexual impropriety...what once was a leap is now a step.
Tick tock...
The paedos are reeling heat from somewhere l, we'll see in time.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Mon 3 Aug 10:07

Bit of a leap to go from a toxic work environment and witnessed sexual misconduct by the head writer in the work place to paedophilia but a massive leap of logic didn’t stop the Ellen child trafficking conspiracy based around selling overpriced throw cushions and cabinets because they had names similar to missing children (spoiler alert the linked children were all found bar 1 so clearly a coincidence)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Aug 14:15

Quote:

Rastapari, Sun 2 Aug 07:42

Am I the only one that read her statements:
"Prince Andrew was just another job"
"I got paid $1000 which is was more than what I thought anybody at my young age could make for a couple days of work"

"job"?
"paid"?
"work"?

She is/was clearly a self-professed prostitute.

(depending on your morals) nothing wrong with that - it was her choice, after all

- the current screams of 'trafficked sex-slave' are just nonsense.

- young pretty girls have always been tempted/swayed by money/gifts/travel/drugs/glamour, it's not nice, and I would be devastated if it were my daughters, but unless they are under 16, it's not a crime (in UK...)

I'm disgusted at the whole story,
obviously there was a lot of nefarious stuff going on, with a lot of high powered folks dipping into the well
Epstein was silenced bcs he knew too much,
surprised Maxwell hasn't been 'suicided' yet...

But just how a hooker who was paid extremely well, and has received a subsequent pay-off, is elevated to the status of 'poor wronged angel' and continues to be feted by the media, is beyond me.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Wotsit  
Date:   Mon 3 Aug 14:18

She was a trafficked child.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Aug 14:53

Behave.

I'm sure there were children involved, and I hope that Maxwell feels the full force of the law if any are proven.

But not this one.
This particular one was 17 & 18 years old while she was flying the globe, meeting many rich and older men as 'jobs' and being paid extremely well for it.

= prostitute. (yes, that is a full stop)

I was living on my own at 16, taking care of my 14 yr old brother at 17.
Working full time AND passing college.
Was I a child too? Exploited?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Aug 19:23

It doesn't matter if she was above the age of consent for the UK as she was below the age of consent for where it happened. Whether she took money or not is irrelevant, though I do have to admit the pure as the driven snow portrayal is clearly questionable.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Aug 19:24

Was under the impression that she was 14yrs old when recruited, at least according to the Netflix documentary on him?

Or is it the wrong female?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Aug 19:44

Only know she was 17 when she allegedly did the deed with randy Andy.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 3 Aug 20:53

"Only know she was 17 when she allegedly did the deed with randy Andy."

Is that the alleged sexual encounter said to have have occurred in New Mexico in 2001 ?

Post Edited (Mon 03 Aug 20:54)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 4 Aug 07:59

Wasn't it Florida?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 4 Aug 09:07

One of the locations and years mentioned in this sordid mess was Epstein's ranch near Santa Fe in 2001.

Ms. Roberts was 17 then - which is the age of consent in New Mexico.

The age of consent across the continental USA and its territories in not consistent and historically has necessitated Federal legislation to prevent transportation of minors across state lines to avoid local laws.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Aug 10:42

"Was under the impression that she was 14yrs old when recruited, at least according to the Netflix documentary on him?

Or is it the wrong female?"

Different victim it appears, not Ms.Roberts.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Aug 11:39

Ignoring age of consent, is there a legal age for prostitution?

Essentially is sounds like Epstein/Maxwell were pimps and Prince Andrew was a customer (allegedly).
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Aug 13:52

"Ignoring age of consent, is there a legal age for prostitution?"

One and the same ?

The age of consent can't be ignored - it's a fundemental aspect, even if the victim was a willing participant.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Aug 14:47

There's no legal age of consent for prostitution in New Mexico according to Google...because it's not legal.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 5 Aug 15:26

This is the real problem area - so many differing variables across national and international jurisdictions when it comes to laws on sexual relationships and associated offences.

Incredible as it seems - the reports on the NM story made no direct allegation of sex between Ms. Roberts and Prince Andrew.

If there were a violation of state law on prostitution then it would be down to NM to press charges on those grounds- not the Federal authorities.

On the wider picture it appears that the Feds were intent on charging Epstein on more modern trafficking legislation - whereas they now plan to use the much older Mann Act to convict the "lady" Ghislaine.

Post Edited (Wed 05 Aug 15:28)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Aug 06:58

Wow.
VEE, you never disappoint.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Aug 08:16

Quote:

Rastapari, Fri 7 Aug 06:58

Wow.
VEE, you never disappoint.

I almost gagged when I read the phrase "laws on sexual relationships" to be honest.

What we are discussing here isn't and wasn't about relationships in any normal sense of the word. It's about the profiling, grooming and trafficking of children.

"Who you are and what you feel comes not just from inside you, but from where you are in the power structure"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Aug 08:40

"I almost gagged when I read the phrase "laws on sexual relationships" to be honest."

I'm talking about the allegations surrounding Virginia Roberts - not the minors who were abused.

Hers is a very different story.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Aug 09:35

I'm not so sure VE that hers is a very different story. Perhaps legally she was old enough but I doubt Epstein and his cohorts first approached when she was seventeen. I'm speculating here as I don't know but I think it's reasonable to assume she was being groomed for a period before that age.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Aug 12:10

Significant doses of speculation and assumptions TOWK.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Aug 12:55

Saying with certainty that hers is a very different story is surely also making some significant assumptions? Especially given the characters of Epstein and Maxwell and what he was subsequently found guilty of.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Aug 14:53

The level and degree to which she was "persuaded" is far from established.

Nor was she a minor in some of the alleged scenarios.

One source stated that she gave the FBI her wrong age when questioned.

As I said before, the key to this whole sordid affair is Maxwell - and her appearance in court is (was) long overdue.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Aug 21:41

There are some people on this site that you wouldn't ask to babysit for you
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 7 Aug 22:20

Like who ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Sat 8 Aug 02:01

Quote:

veteraneastender, Fri 7 Aug 22:20

Like who ?

You.

I'm certainly not accusing you of anything but some of your attitudes to suspected paedophiles and now child sex traffickers would make me very uncomfortable at leaving my kids with you.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Aug 08:18

"You.

I'm certainly not accusing you of anything but some of your attitudes to suspected paedophiles and now child sex traffickers would make me very uncomfortable at leaving my kids with you."

My sins are many and varied - but a sexual predeliction for children is absolutely not one of them, with numerous background checks over 50 years (civilian and military) which clear me to work with children and vulnerable adults.

Maybe we could get back to the subject matter - cheap innuendo is beyond contempt, but clearly not absent hereabouts.

Post Edited (Sun 09 Aug 10:42)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Aug 09:45

Yeah you can always count on VEE to blame the victim and look for a way out for sexual predators.

So VEE you think a 17 yr old girl can't be manipulated by a billionaire, really?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Aug 10:02

Surely the point is that the ANYONE, regardless of age could be manipulated by the likes of Epstein? We're manipulated every single day but it's not considered a crime.

In the case of Prince Andrew I would expect the only crime that can be brought against him is (allegedly) having sex with a prostitute. She was above the age of consent, didn't attempt to stop what allegedly happened and accepted money for it. Legally, there's little wrong but morally it is very, very wrong in my opinion.

Technically not a paedophile but surely have to have suspicion about guys in their 30s hanging around teenage girls.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Sat 8 Aug 10:42

Louie Mountbatten encouraged 18yo Philip to pursue the 13yo Elizabeth, the upper class and wealthy have form on these matters.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Aug 11:55

"So VEE you think a 17 yr old girl can't be manipulated by a billionaire, really?"

Replace manipulation by recruitment.

The crux of the matter is the degree of willingness she exercised in the process.

She must have been very niave to be taken in, and looking at her troubled background it would appear she would "have" been sufficiently street smart to recognise that Epstein and Maxwell were not philanthropic benefactors.

Post Edited (Sat 08 Aug 11:57)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Aug 12:59

"Louie Mountbatten encouraged 18yo Philip to pursue the 13yo Elizabeth, the upper class and wealthy have form on these matters."

Unfortunately a cursory glance through the weekly papers will show that such abhorrent as is being discussed on this thread isn't limited to any single class or section of society.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Aug 14:44

I think you mean paedophiles don't have a particular class. I can't imagine there are many examples in Western society of parents encouraging their kids to go after under-age girls.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Aug 15:01

That's exactly what I meant.
ETA, Mountbatten wasn't Philips father was he?

Post Edited (Sat 08 Aug 15:03)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Aug 17:13

Mountbatten's alleged predilictions are also starting to see sunlight.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Aug 20:57

Topic Originator: sadindiefreak like | nolike
Date: Sat 8 Aug 02:01

Quote:

veteraneastender, Fri 7 Aug 22:20

Like who ?

You.

I'm certainly not accusing you of anything but some of your attitudes to suspected paedophiles and now child sex traffickers would make me very uncomfortable at leaving my kids with you.

red star and sad freak

Is this the level we have stooped to on this post in particular and the forum in general ?

Shame on both of you
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Aug 21:13

^^^^ Just wow!!!🤔
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 8 Aug 22:02

LA just wow all you want ...your not a daft Laddie... but some of the last few posts against Vee are not acceptable at any forum level I am surprised the Admin have not intervened ....just saying
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sun 9 Aug 00:41

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sat 8 Aug 22:02

LA just wow all you want ...your not a daft Laddie... but some of the last few posts against Vee are not acceptable at any forum level I am surprised the Admin have not intervened ....just saying

What should admin be intervening on?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Aug 06:43

DIRECT QUOTES FROM THE FORUM RULES:-

"Unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, intimidating, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually-oriented, sexist, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable...

"Each user will be held responsible for any message they post and should any complaints be received DAFC.net will help the authorities trace the offending user. Please help this process by adding your name to any such controversial posts. It is less likely that the post will be deleted if you are prepared to stand by what you have written and not hide behind an anonymous name..."

There are not many things I am an expert in, but one area that I am comfortable that I am is defamation. In a past life, I was editor of a daily newspaper with an international audience and you don't get a job like that unless you have undergone rigorous ongoing training over years in the defamation laws as they apply in the major markets. It should go without saying that to make a mistake can be extremely costly to all involved.

A few days ago, I expressed concern on here that certain posters on this thread had clearly crossed the line and defamed another poster. It was a warning to both the posters who had done so, and to dotnet administration, to bring a halt to this behaviour before it got any further into dangerous territory.

As I see it, it has gotten worse.

This thread had value initially as it was a topic worthy of discussion, but it has descended into something very different and very ugly. The thread should be closed and those responsible for making it so should be told in no uncertain terms that their continued freedom to use dotnet is on a very shuggly peg.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 9 Aug 07:52

Some apologies are in order

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Aug 08:06

I have no knowledge of the law on defamation but, speaking as a layman, I'm often surprised at some of the stuff Admin lets go unchallenged on here, not just on this thread. Anything mildly critical of the club or club personnel is more likely to be punished than anything else.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Aug 10:41

I have nothing to answer for, in this world, or the next, in respect of the above.

Atonement will be for other failings.

Maybe we can move on ?

Meanwhile this recent report appears to have slipped under the radar.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/prince-andrew-virginia-giuffre-nightclub-epstein-woking-pizza-express-a9652796.html

Post Edited (Sun 09 Aug 11:30)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Aug 10:57

A classy response VE.

Prince Andrew's story certainly seems to be on the brink of falling apart. I know it was twenty years ago but surely there must be some record to definitively say if he was in the UK, like he insists, or that he was Stateside like is alleged on the night in question.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Aug 11:29

Apparently his whereabouts, based on bodyguard "bullet catchers" location duty records for that period no longer exist.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Aug 12:28

After Prince Andrew claimed he was at Pizza Express in Woking with his daughters that day two things surprised me. Firstly, that no one from the restaurant, either staff or customers, came forward to confirm his claim and, secondly, that the media apparently made no attempt to find someone who could corroborate his statement.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Aug 13:41

Trawling throught the jigsaw of media reports - has there not been a significant passage of time between the date of the alleged event and it surfacing into public focus ?

The former is specifically known, however the latter seems to have been 2015 or thereabouts.

If so, it's 14 or so years later.

On the other hand, how could PA be so precise as to his whereabouts on the day in question ?
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

closed
 This thread is closed 
© 2021-- DAFC.net