DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Flu jab
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 5 Oct 18:19

Anybody manage to get one of these?

Having phoned over 3 days and not getting through I sent a message to mobile number that was on the letter, no reply!

E-mailed them today, automated response, phoned again and answered, "not working October bank holiday, phone back "

What a shambles!
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Flu jab
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Mon 5 Oct 19:08

They are going to immunise 2 and a half million people. It might take some time.
Some task they are undertaking. If you don't get a flu jab then it can be called a shambles. Maybe have some consideration of what they are trying to do under pandemic conditions and show some patience.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Mon 5 Oct 22:35

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Mon 5 Oct 18:19

Anybody manage to get one of these?

Having phoned over 3 days and not getting through I sent a message to mobile number that was on the letter, no reply!

E-mailed them today, automated response, phoned again and answered, "not working October bank holiday, phone back "

What a shambles!

I spoke with my dad on Sunday. He has been advised your Doctors surgery will be giving you the jab and NOT to call the surgery. They will contact you in due course.
Hope this helps LA

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: auldpar  
Date:   Tue 6 Oct 07:24

In Fife, only Charlestown, Oakley and one surgery in Glenrothes are giving the jab. That.s what they tell you when you .phone up (I heard the recorded message 65 times before I eventually spoke to a human). Anyone else has to book an appointment and then attend a named venue - Carnegie Hall in my case.

Post Edited (Tue 06 Oct 07:25)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parplod  
Date:   Tue 6 Oct 08:04

My surgery is at Oakley and I was advised some weeks ago that I would be getting my jab there but there were going to be a number of hubs including EEP.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 6 Oct 10:27

The doctors surgery was doing them last year and it was no problem, I now understand that my 91year old mother has to get from Rosyth to Carnegie Hall for this years dose.
Our local chemist ain't too happy with the arrangement either, though they will be busy with paying customers and essential workers.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Tue 6 Oct 13:01

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Tue 6 Oct 10:27

The doctors surgery was doing them last year and it was no problem, I now understand that my 91year old mother has to get from Rosyth to Carnegie Hall for this years dose.
Our local chemist ain't too happy with the arrangement either, though they will be busy with paying customers and essential workers.

Last year there wasn't a pandemic going on and doctors surgeries didn't potentially have a deadly virus floating round them.
My understanding is the places that are being used will have enhanced safety procedures in place to reduce the risk of contracting Covid while there.
Given that around 17.5% of over 85s who get Covid die I'm sure you would like to reduce the chances your mother has of coming into contact with the virus.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 6 Oct 14:39

If GP surgeries are giving it this year I suspect that is the exception rather than the rule. Patients from my surgery and two other neighbouring ones in Edinburgh have to go to Napier University campus for a .drive-in. clinic held over 4 weekends. Appointments aren.t needed as time-slots are allocated based on the first letter of surnames. Walk-in clinics are being held for those without cars. I think it.s up to each health authority how they organise things. As sif says it.s all about minimising the risk of infection from Covid-19.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Tue 6 Oct 15:18

Quote:

auldpar, Tue 6 Oct 07:24

In Fife, only Charlestown, Oakley and one surgery in Glenrothes are giving the jab. That.s what they tell you when you .phone up (I heard the recorded message 65 times before I eventually spoke to a human). Anyone else has to book an appointment and then attend a named venue - Carnegie Hall in my case.

I emailed them, they emailed me back asking for the info I'd already supplied, so I sent it again and got an appt within a week at the Carnegie Hall annexe. Reading this thread makes me think I was quite lucky.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 6 Oct 15:55

Not sure if this is in place but there were plans to centralise vaccinations. So you may be Charlestown clinic but get your jab at Oakley.

Remember that it'll be offered to older people, pregnant women and vulnerable people first.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Tue 6 Oct 16:58

I.m sure I heard that when it comes to the covid vaccine great swathes of the population won.t get it at all.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ghoulz  
Date:   Tue 6 Oct 18:20

We elected to pay for ours early and so others can have the free ones later. .Well Pharmacy. in Douglas Street seemed pretty well organised.

Your friendly neighbourhood Ghoulz.

The Whole Story of The Famous Kinema Ballroom
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Wed 7 Oct 07:47

I must have got lucky, phoned at 2,50 on Friday and Got jab at 3,00 that day at lochore chemist

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: davepars  
Date:   Wed 7 Oct 15:50

I ordered mine through boots on october 2nd. It said I could only book 28 days in advance, and the only timeslot they had was 1pm on the 29th......that.s it....nothing else.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Al  
Date:   Wed 7 Oct 21:39

Was told last night that NHS sent out 75,000 letters on the same day to over 65.s, they set up a call centre with 350 incoming lines, and 8 operatives to answer the phone. Any wonder the system failed??

The letters to vulnerable people who are also eligible will be staggered and have not been sent out yet.

Party in a brewery and all that....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 09:55

Quote:

Ghoulz, Tue 6 Oct 18:20

We elected to pay for ours early and so others can have the free ones later. .Well Pharmacy. in Douglas Street seemed pretty well organised.

I noticed a sign in their window advising that flu jabs are available "from £30."
How can they justify that when other pharmacies are charging £12?

A neighbour of mine, who didn't fancy waiting until mid November for a free jab, got one in Kirkcaldy (can't remember where exactly) for £8.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 19:01

Had mines today Carnegie centre.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: penapar  
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 20:43

At Well Pharmacy Douglas Street today the sign is for "pneumonia jabs from £30" not flu jabs!

penapar
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Mon 12 Oct 21:02

Folks in Douglas st.usually do flu jag.If I remember it was 10 quid.

Post Edited (Tue 13 Oct 00:16)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 00:10

Think you.ve missed out a name Twin.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 12:43

Quote:

penapar, Mon 12 Oct 20:43

At Well Pharmacy Douglas Street today the sign is for "pneumonia jabs from £30" not flu jabs!

Àpologies. I obviously misread it, or maybe they've clarified it since I saw it. I didn't go in to ask. ☹

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 18:31

We'll have no flu vaccine for anyone who isn't old or vulnerable.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 13 Oct 20:41

Quote:

jake89, Tue 13 Oct 18:31

First category for my wife and I, still cannot make contact.

My daughter has a different phone number on her letter and she got straight through.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 05:49

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Tue 13 Oct 20:41

Quote:

jake89, Tue 13 Oct 18:31

First category for my wife and I, still cannot make contact.

My daughter has a different phone number on her letter and she got straight through.

Try emailing or texting them, LA. It worked for me.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 10:12

Have tried that GG, can't get through on phone, met with recorded message.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 13:04

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Wed 14 Oct 10:12

Have tried that GG, can't get through on phone, met with recorded message.

I couldn't get through on the phone but got a quick response to my email and an appt within a week. Maybe just lucky?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 14 Oct 15:03

Finally got through on the phone today, 20 minutes wait, but success!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: phutupfeet  
Date:   Fri 16 Oct 21:34

It's ridiculous that we are still trying to get appointments in Fife when Edinburgh have just about completed their vacation programme.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 10:38

Was at Lochgelly Centre yesterday for the jab, nurse told me they had people from all over Fife turning up for the injection.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net