DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 A sickening murder in Paris
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 17:44

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54581827

A popular school teacher slaughtered for holding a debate on
freedom of speech. Hard to comprehend what could go wrong in the mind of an eighteen year to commit such a heinous act.
Unfortunately scumbags and far right reprobates will be using this to further fan the flames of hatred between peoples and religions.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: A sickening murder in Paris
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 21:16

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sat 17 Oct 17:44

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54581827

A popular school teacher slaughtered for holding a debate on
freedom of speech. Hard to comprehend what could go wrong in the mind of an eighteen year to commit such a heinous act.
Unfortunately scumbags and far right reprobates will be using this to further fan the flames of hatred between peoples and religions.

Absolutely appalling and heinous crime. There are scumbags on both sides of the religious, cultural and racial divide, of course. That boy is one of thousands radicalised by extremists claiming to represent Islam and on the other side there will be similar types who will use tragedies like this to whip up hatred against all Muslims.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Sat 17 Oct 23:37

An appalling crime. I wonder if the man who carried it out thought about the feelings of the schoolgirl who had complained about the lesson. She will be a French girl from a Muslim background, but I cannot believe she ever wanted anything like this to happen. It was done in her name nonetheless. I understand she and her immediate family have all been arrested.

Done in our name nonetheless. The planes that left UK for Iraq, which included Leuchars, did a damn sight more damage than the psychopath did in the outskirts of Paris. None of this violence comes out of a vacuum. Remember Galloway raving about ‘creating a thousand a Bin Ladens.’ Maybe he was not so far off the mark.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Oct 00:45

Indeed violence seldom does come out of a vacuum. No doubt details will emerge of this deranged lunatics background. I think perhaps the reason this girls family has been arrested is because her father had lodged protests over the teachers lessons. Of course it is a huge leap from that to being involved in cold blooded murder. I suspect the arrests are just a precaution until the facts can be established.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 18 Oct 12:54

Surely needs to be questioned by a teacher was displaying what he did in the first place. Doesn't make it right but sounds like the school needs to review it's curriculum.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Sun 18 Oct 13:41

Quote:

jake89, Sun 18 Oct 12:54

Surely needs to be questioned by a teacher was displaying what he did in the first place. Doesn't make it right but sounds like the school needs to review it's curriculum.

GTF with your victim blaming.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Oct 15:31

I'm not in the slightest, SIF. But I'm asking why a teacher was showing these images in the first place. In no way condoning the perpetrators actions.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sun 18 Oct 17:26

Quote:

jake89, Sun 18 Oct 15:31

I'm not in the slightest, SIF. But I'm asking why a teacher was showing these images in the first place. In no way condoning the perpetrators actions.

Don’t forget Jake these where the very same images that fuelled the attack on charlie hebdo a few years ago the very same images they decided to re publish a few weeks ago to but yeh not really sure what a teacher thought was to be gained from showing his class such images

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sun 18 Oct 18:45

France is ultra secular on education which is to be applauded, even regarding those backward ones who still take murderous offence at cartoon images
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Mon 19 Oct 11:02

Personally, I would have not taken such a risk,especially as kids were involved .
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Mon 19 Oct 11:36

Quote:

twin par, Mon 19 Oct 11:02

Personally, I would have not taken such a risk,especially as kids were involved .

It shouldn't be a risk though. We can not bow down to an intolerant religion.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 19 Oct 13:21

Having read further news reports it would appear the images were used as part of a discussion on freedom of speech. It sadly looks like the teacher's point has been made with his own death.

Whilst we shouldn't discriminate against people, it feels to me that we're reaching a point where people won't be allowed to say anything for fear of causing offence.

You could argue that the Charlie Hebdo cartoons were crass and offensive, but the solution is to complain to the relevant authorities and ignore the publication. It's not to go out and murder people. The irony is that everyone has now seen the cartoons so they've led to the spreading of it. I'd imagine most people outside France had forgotten about them yet now the world will be looking again.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 29 Oct 09:53

More barbaric, vicious murders in France this morning, this time in Nice. The situation certainly seems to be escalating.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 29 Oct 11:57

You can't back down and be scared to question, challenge or even ridicule governments, religions etc for fear of violent retribution

You cant change your fundamental principles of freedom of expression and secularism in education so all are equal, just because certain people take this backward religion too literally and put it in front of general human and social decency

Personally, i also think we should stop the pretence that this is a religion of peace because if the followers don't have general social, democratic (Western) values then it just seems to promote and applaud this sort of behaviour.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Thu 29 Oct 18:43

All religions claim to be peaceful: they wouldn’t have many followers otherwise. In practice they have always contained adherents prepared to use violence (or ‘force’) to defend or further their aims. I can’t see that Islam is any more or less violent than the rest. Or backward for that matter.

Breivik in Norway killed over 70 people in a planned slaughter and came from a country as committed to social and democratic values as any other. He saw himself as a Knights Templar and has since asserted his belief in a monocultural Christian Europe. Rarely a month passes in the USA without a white supremacist claiming Christian identity opening up with a shooter at a shopping mall or school gate.

Yitzhak Rabin was Prime Minister of Israel, a country that claims democratic ideals, and was killed by a Jewish man who believed (along with the present Israeli PM incidentally) that Rabin had betrayed his people by signing the Oslo accords. Netanyahu actually led a mock funeral procession with a hangman’s noose around an effigy of Rabin before the attack took place. Rabin was executed under the principle of Halakhic Law followed by some orthodox Jews.

At the moment our focus is on a series of murders on totally innocent citizens in France, being carried out with the clear intention to horrify. I think, as in the above cases, this reveals far more about the individuals concerned than about the religion they profess. Muslim spokepersons in France have, despite the provocation of mosques being closed down in some areas, condemned all of the recent murders and attacks.

sammer
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net