DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Abbeyview speed champion
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 26 Oct 08:41

Did anyone hear the idiot attempting to beat the land speed record on Linburn or Aberdour road last night? It must have been about 2am and whatever it was tore along the road sounding like an F1 car.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Abbeyview speed champion
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Mon 26 Oct 09:16

My daughter lives opposite St Columbas, parallel to Linburn Rd, and says it's like living next to a grand prix track every night!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Mon 26 Oct 09:16

He was also in Glenrothes last night somewhere. I could hear him. It must have been about 3am here
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Oct 09:22

Surely easy to pick the guy up? That racket could be heard echoing across town. Surprised there's not been additional traffic calming put on Linburn and Masterton Road yet.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shrek par  
Date:   Tue 27 Oct 21:11

Sounds like a Lamborghini, hear it quite often.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Oct 21:13

Slows down for the mini roundabout at the crem and then nails it up to the heathery.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Tue 27 Oct 22:04

It's me in my dafc.net company car.
It's a McLaren 720S.
It's quite nippy.
😏

Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 27 Oct 23:14

Does the same between all the roundabouts I think. Assuming it's the same guy. When he did it at 2am he was definitely speeding going by the racket. The only saving grace is knowing that by accelerating and braking like that he will have awful fuel economy. I assumed it was a ned in a Corsa or Fiesta ST. If it's admin in a Lambo then I demand lower prices for Pars TV 😂
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Fri 30 Oct 15:25

Money to burn. Would not fancy putting tyres, pads and discs on a lambo.Not the kind of thing Dingbro carry in stock...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Fri 30 Oct 18:25

Highly doubt it’s a lambo, generally owners of such vehicles have day jobs and aren’t cutting about at 2am.

Aside from that lambo drivers in particular are all about image and being seen in a lambo - again something not likely at 2am

Post Edited (Fri 30 Oct 18:26)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 30 Oct 19:04

Glenrothes and Lamborghini in the same sentence does not sound quite right :)

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 30 Oct 19:54

Lambo or not, they're an antisocial nuisance. Gies peace!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 11 Nov 09:08

Saw the car today. It's no Lambo...it's a Vauxhall Zafira! It's an old VXR so very fast but also good for the family. Fair play to the guy but the noise is quite silly. Pops as it drives along.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mr Mac  
Date:   Wed 11 Nov 13:50

Quote:

jake89, Wed 11 Nov 09:08

Saw the car today. It's no Lambo...it's a Vauxhall Zafira! It's an old VXR so very fast but also good for the family. Fair play to the guy but the noise is quite silly. Pops as it drives along.

If it's an old Zafira, they have a known fault in the heating system which causes them to go up in flames. There were 2 or 3 different recalls to sort them but you might be in luck...... as long as everyone gets out OK obviously!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: BMMMH  
Date:   Wed 11 Nov 16:51

Is it blue by any chance?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 11 Nov 18:14

It was dark. Think it was black but could've been dark blue.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 11 Nov 18:16

Quote:

Mr Mac, Wed 11 Nov 13:50

Quote:

If it's an old Zafira, they have a known fault in the heating system which causes them to go up in flames. There were 2 or 3 different recalls to sort them but you might be in luck...... as long as everyone gets out OK obviously!

I think they fixed the fault.

It's each to their own but I figure you wouldn't walk round shouting so why have a car that is effectively doing the same thing?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Mr Mac  
Date:   Wed 11 Nov 19:44

Quote:

jake89, Wed 11 Nov 18:16

Quote:

Mr Mac, Wed 11 Nov 13:50

Quote:

I think they fixed the fault.

It's each to their own but I figure you wouldn't walk round shouting so why have a car that is effectively doing the same thing?

They did do several recalls that have apparently solved the problem.... we got rid after the second recall.
Also depends if the owner bothered or not.....

I don't mind a 'loud' exhaust on a car that makes nice noise but the current trend for pop and crackle maps and exhausts don't make a nice sound.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndBoy  
Date:   Thu 12 Nov 09:42

I tend to get a better phone signal when I drive fast, so it's totally worth it.

...ken?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Thu 12 Nov 11:59

Generally find the the noise coming from many mapped cars are seldom backed up by actual power and they just look ridiculous creating a racket while pulling away with zero acceleration.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Thu 12 Nov 12:21

Agreed.
There's a particular noisy visitor to our street a couple of times a week in a Corsa but it sounds like a rally prepared impreza. Even a 5/10 mph it's popping and banging.
Ridiculous so it is.
Sitting at the traffic lights at the Barnton a few weeks back heading back to Fife and a Fiat 500 Abarth pulls up next to me fizzing and banging. Decent enough wee motor (if your a girl🤣) and probably a fast wee thing from a standing start for a wee car. But it sounded like thunder.
I thought there was noise laws to stop these menaces to eardrums?
Incidentally the guy in the Fiat had very poor clutch control and upon the lights turning green his wheels just spun and he stayed motionless in a cloud of tyre smoke as I slowly drove off.
With age comes wisdom 😏

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: OzPar  
Date:   Thu 12 Nov 12:21

Totally agree, P.

All mouth and no trousers, as we used to say back in the day.

:)

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 12 Nov 13:12

The emptiest barrels make the most noise, as ma faither would say
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net