DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Pfizer Vaccine Approved
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Wed 2 Dec 10:29

The American Covid-19 vaccine has been approved in record quick time and the vaccination of the highest priority groups may start as early as next week.

A cause for celebration, a time for legitimate concern, the beginning of the end for Covid-19, or a false new dawn?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Pfizer Vaccine Approved
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Wed 2 Dec 10:48

`Cautious optimism`.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Wed 2 Dec 11:55

Just waiting for Rasta to appear, telling us that It`s a Bill Gates masterplan to track us all...

I`ve not yet heard a compelling reason as to why Mr Gates and any authorities would want to know when I am on the crapper...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Wed 2 Dec 12:21

Bring in the NEEDLES

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Wed 2 Dec 12:35

It's reassuring to know that Rasta and Dander won't be leaving the UK as it certainly looks like no vaccine no foreign travel. I for 1 am in 100%. Agreement if it keeps overseas countries safe from people who have no thoughts about the well being of others.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Wed 2 Dec 14:10

Bless Thaipar, obsessed much.
All I've said is plenty lab rats like you to go first.
Given how you make your pound, your demoralising about me means nothing.
Oh and I've never gone down the "tracking" route so both you utter children are wrong.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Wed 2 Dec 14:16

Quote:

Rastapari, Wed 2 Dec 14:10

Oh and I've never gone down the "tracking" route so both you utter children are wrong.

Ah right gotcha, you don't believe in the vaccine or the no vaccine. No fly BUT if it works for others you will do it. You are such a principled man. Hats off to you.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 2 Dec 14:30

Quote:

Thaipar, Wed 2 Dec 14:16

Quote:

Rastapari, Wed 2 Dec 14:10

Ah right gotcha, you don't believe in the vaccine or the no vaccine. No fly BUT if it works for others you will do it. You are such a principled man. Hats off to you.

You want try that again in English and sentences?
I don't believe a Tory telling me a quick vaccine is safe.
Like I said, plenty terrified lab rats like you to test it.
And before you start with your cheap conspiracy lines it was The British Medical Journal editorial about the politicising of covid science that made me sit up and listen, I know you are or were in "medicines" but not at that level eh chap.

Post Edited (Wed 02 Dec 14:34)
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Wed 2 Dec 15:32

I`m sorry Rasta, but I think you are mixing two (or many things) together.

The BMJ editorial did indeed highlight the problems with the politicising of science, and I think it was quite rightly aimed at the Tories and Trump. Anyone who wants the new Covid vaccine because a politician says it is good for them is naive at best and an idiot at worst.

The good news is that this vaccine has not been deemed safe by the Tories. It has been deemed safe by the MHRA. Hopefully next Friday the FDA will come to the same conclusion.

I agree with Wee Eck that `cautious optimism` is probably the best approach.
I just hope that the efficacy of the vaccine is as high as they hope, then it should start to have an impact quite quickly.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Wed 2 Dec 16:25

"Just waiting for Rasta to appear, telling us that It`s a Bill Gates masterplan to track us all..."

tell us this by posting from his smartphone...irony.

If only the vaccine was available to be smoked.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Wed 2 Dec 16:50

Just to get ahead of some theories that may pop up;

Full Fact has debunked dozens of false claims about potential coronavirus vaccines since the start of the pandemic, including:

• mRNA vaccines (the type being developed by Pfizer/BioNTech) will alter people’s DNA

• Early participants in Covid-19 vaccine trial have died

• Bill Gates owns a patent for a vaccine which will insert microchips into people’s bodies

• The Government is planning to roll out an untested vaccine

• Vaccines can cause cancer

• A future coronavirus vaccine will be mandatory

• The Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine will ‘infect your cells and transfer genetic material’

• The AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine contains foetal cells

• The vaccine contains nanobots to control you (it contains nano particles which is a totally different thing - this conspiracy theory is reserved for the particularly stupid amongst us).

On the bright side beta testing on 80 year olds first and working out from there should prove its safety by the time it gets to me

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 2 Dec 17:04

Quote:

aaaaaaaaaargh, Wed 2 Dec 15:32

I`m sorry Rasta, but I think you are mixing two (or many things) together.

The BMJ editorial did indeed highlight the problems with the politicising of science, and I think it was quite rightly aimed at the Tories and Trump. Anyone who wants the new Covid vaccine because a politician says it is good for them is naive at best and an idiot at worst.

The good news is that this vaccine has not been deemed safe by the Tories. It has been deemed safe by the MHRA. Hopefully next Friday the FDA will come to the same conclusion.

I agree with Wee Eck that `cautious optimism` is probably the best approach.
I just hope that the efficacy of the vaccine is as high as they hope, then it should start to have an impact quite quickly.

Remember that bit in the Dominic Cummings interview when he said he was "busy getting rid of regulations"?
I do.
So yeah I'm sceptical of those parameters that are now "deemed safe" l, did Dom have them relaxed?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 2 Dec 17:06

Quote:

Playup_Pompey, Wed 2 Dec 16:25

"Just waiting for Rasta to appear, telling us that It`s a Bill Gates masterplan to track us all..."

tell us this by posting from his smartphone...irony.

If only the vaccine was available to be smoked.

What's your beef?
I've never gone down the tracking route, try reading?
Why would I smoke the vaccine?
Poor patter and no need, but if it helped you get your rocks off, happy day.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 2 Dec 17:20

Like wee eck said cautious optimism Its the storing and transportation at -70 that worries me a wee bit

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 2 Dec 17:32

Quote:

Buspasspar, Wed 02 Dec 17:20

Like wee eck said cautious optimism Its the storing and transportation at -70 that worries me a wee bit

Covid vaccine: How will we keep it cold enough? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-54889084

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 2 Dec 17:33

Also interesting

https://theconversation.com/less-than-a-year-to-develop-a-covid-vaccine-heres-why-you-shouldnt-be-alarmed-150414

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 2 Dec 18:32

First to get it and move it over the Channel before Brexit fooks it?🤔😡😡😡
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Wed 2 Dec 18:42

Rasta - If I wrote what I thought of Dominic Cummings then my post would probably be deleted.

He is a typical example of the self-proclaimed geniuses who claim they are here to streamline everything and get rid of the red tape that is holding us back.

A lot of the red tape is there for very good, often life-saving reasons. As far as I am aware, Cummings didn`t have the chance to change anything at the MHRA so I am happy to continue trusting them.

My confidence is possibly due to the fact that I know two people who work at the MHRA and you might be surprised to learn that they probably have more in common with you, me, and many other posters on here than they do with Johnson, Cummings, Hancock, and their fellow cretins.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 2 Dec 19:03

I'm just saying he stated he was busy getting regulations out the way...yeah?
I'm not privy to your friends.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Dec 08:09

Brussels is apparently not impressed with the speed with which the UK has approved this vaccine and suggested a more cautious approach is necessary?

Or maybe we've stolen a march on the EU? Many EU countries have already placed orders for millions of doses, the only difference being that they won't begin to get theirs until early 2021. Another month or two down the line will potentially mean more loss of life.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Dec 10:47

I'm really struggling to believe that both the UK and the devolved governments would purchase millions of doses of this vaccine in the full knowledge that it had been rushed through standards putting those being given at risk of harm simply because Brexit is around the corner.

Post Edited (Thu 03 Dec 10:47)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Thu 3 Dec 11:09

The other theory is that it’s down to cost rather than logistics. As we are still part of the EU it is much cheaper to buy it now than after jan 1st. How much truth is in that, I don’t know.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Dec 13:52

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 3 Dec 10:47

I'm really struggling to believe that both the UK and the devolved governments would purchase millions of doses of this vaccine in the full knowledge that it had been rushed through standards putting those being given at risk of harm simply because Brexit is around the corner.

Do you think Dominic Cummings was charged with removing regulations for no reason?
I'm struggling to believe so many hanging off the words of lying thieving Tories, utter madness.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Dec 14:29

I must have missed the article where this vaccine was only being clinically approved by the Tories then only used in the UK. Ever.

Where does Nicola Sturgeon fall into this Tory conspiracy horsesh1t? Last time I checked she was no Tory? Or Jason Leitch? Or Gregor Smith?

From FMQs at Holyrood earlier today...…….

"The first minister agrees "we all have a responsibility to persuade people that they should come forward for vaccination, that it is safe and that it is in their interests and our collective interests that the maximum number of people take up this opportunity".
Ms Sturgeon insists: "No corners have been cut in the regulatory process."
She goes on to say: "People can have confidence in this vaccine."

Post Edited (Thu 03 Dec 14:32)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Dec 15:18

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 3 Dec 14:29

I must have missed the article where this vaccine was only being clinically approved by the Tories then only used in the UK. Ever.

Where does Nicola Sturgeon fall into this Tory conspiracy horsesh1t? Last time I checked she was no Tory? Or Jason Leitch? Or Gregor Smith?

From FMQs at Holyrood earlier today...…….

"The first minister agrees "we all have a responsibility to persuade people that they should come forward for vaccination, that it is safe and that it is in their interests and our collective interests that the maximum number of people take up this opportunity".
Ms Sturgeon insists: "No corners have been cut in the regulatory process."
She goes on to say: "People can have confidence in this vaccine."

Oh well then you are free to trust away, do it, that's your choice.
Many vaccines passed in 7 months? That the norm aye?
Like I've said many times, go for it.
Pfizer haven't even teased the ingredients so those checks must be very thorough eh?
Have you looked into what Pfizer has released?
Not much according to government websites.

Do you think those showing caution are to blame in some way for the lockdown?

Post Edited (Thu 03 Dec 15:20)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Dec 16:05

"Do you think those showing caution are to blame in some way for the lockdown?"

What are you talking about?

Look I`m getting vaccinated, you aren`t. Fine. I have as much right to be vaccinated as you have not to so stop making out that I`m some brainless numnuts that just follows the herd, OK?

Amyway, you didn`t answer my point. I`m not her No1 fan by any means but it has to be said the our FM is doing a fine job of navigating Scotland through this terrible pandemic, agree or no? So my question is after 9 months of lockdowns, briefings, testing, tracking & tracing to get to a stage where we`re just about getting through a "second wave" do you really think she`d accept the Tories word that this vaccine is ticketyboo knowing that there are issues with it & it would do more harm than good, basically overseeing even more avoidable cases & ultimately, even more deaths.

You blame the Tory UK government for everything. They`ve been given a vaccine that has been tested & found to work. Our government in Scotland is going to roll it out but it`s somehow still the Tories that are up to no good?

You really are one confusing individual.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Dec 16:42

Quote:

da_no_1, Thu 3 Dec 16:05

"Do you think those showing caution are to blame in some way for the lockdown?"

What are you talking about?

Look I`m getting vaccinated, you aren`t. Fine. I have as much right to be vaccinated as you have not to so stop making out that I`m some brainless numnuts that just follows the herd, OK?

Amyway, you didn`t answer my point. I`m not her No1 fan by any means but it has to be said the our FM is doing a fine job of navigating Scotland through this terrible pandemic, agree or no? So my question is after 9 months of lockdowns, briefings, testing, tracking & tracing to get to a stage where we`re just about getting through a "second wave" do you really think she`d accept the Tories word that this vaccine is ticketyboo knowing that there are issues with it & it would do more harm than good, basically overseeing even more avoidable cases & ultimately, even more deaths.

You blame the Tory UK government for everything. They`ve been given a vaccine that has been tested & found to work. Our government in Scotland is going to roll it out but it`s somehow still the Tories that are up to no good?

You really are one confusing individual.

DA Nicola is following the Tories, Tories don't loosen the regulations or grant legal indemnity she has nothing, her policy/their policy, both the same thing, vaccination for the majority when the minority are affected.
If the vaccine works to protect those at risk, what threat is there? Get it and boom, you're safe right?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dander par  
Date:   Thu 3 Dec 16:48

Quote:

allparone, Thu 03 Dec 11:09

The other theory is that it’s down to cost rather than logistics. As we are still part of the EU it is much cheaper to buy it now than after jan 1st. How much truth is in that, I don’t know.

Games nearly up🇺🇸🎺
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dafc  
Date:   Thu 3 Dec 18:38

I’m with Rasta on this one. If there are no risk why has the government created this legal protection for them? All the devolved governments are in the same boat as the tories with this, there is no getting away with that if it goes wrong. We have been following our own science for months so our own experts will have seen all relevant paperwork, as NS doesn’t normally just follow anything the tories do.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Dec 18:50

The MHRA which cleared the vaccine is an independent body. The four UK governments have accepted its decision. How much collusion is necessary for this latest conspiracy theory to be valid?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Dec 19:49

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 3 Dec 18:50

The MHRA which cleared the vaccine is an independent body. The four UK governments have accepted its decision. How much collusion is necessary for this latest conspiracy theory to be valid?

Everything is funded, no?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Thu 3 Dec 20:13

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-pfizer-vaccine-legal-indemnity-safety-ministers-b1765124.html
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 3 Dec 20:55

The MHRA is partly funded by the Dept of Health and Social Care and partly by fees paid by the pharmaceutical industry. What method of funding would be acceptable to you, Rasta, to ensure its neutrality and incorruptibility? I suspect in your paranoid world everyone has his/her price.

I still don`t understand how governments throughout the UK, comprising Tory/Labour/SNP/DUP/Sinn Fein, have put aside their differences to unite in this conspiracy against all their electorates.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Fri 4 Dec 05:45

The annual flu vaccine is passed within 5 months, pretty much the point of it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Dec 13:57

Quote:

wee eck, Thu 3 Dec 18:50

I hope that's correct, wee eck. Dr Fauci, seemed to suggest that Pfizer had reassured the Westminster government that their vaccine was safe and it was then given clearance. Later the same day, he seemed to retract and apologise for any misunderstanding he'd inadvertently caused. What he'd meant was that the USA hadn't cleared the vaccine yet, because they use more elaborate procedures which take longer than those used by the UK.

Must admit I found his contradictions somewhat disconcerting.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Dec 14:14

There`s an awful lot of politics being played around this, and not just in the UK, unfortunately.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ParfectXI  
Date:   Fri 4 Dec 18:05

It’s definitely something to be optimistic about, however, considering this vaccine has taken 7 months from the very first thought of it through to approval it actually fills me with genuine concern.

I have strong concerns that they have tested it on a wide enough section of the public, clearly in this quick turnaround they can’t have much of an idea if it will affect a foetus of a newly pregnant woman who takes it? Is there anybody that shouldn’t take it? I saw Hancock on tv saying it’s ok for everyone to take? If so that must be a first is it not? People are allergic to paracetamol, aspirin and Ibuprofen- yet anyone can take this? It’s not a placebo is it so the UK can be considered the first? Surely not but it does sound suspect. This means it really is a “miracle drug” fit for all or in their haste to get it out first ‘due diligence” has gone out the window and the public will be the test cases as it’s rolled out.

It’s a concern but still one to be optimistic about and when my time comes to have it, I’ll be there front and centre.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Dec 19:28

"It’s definitely something to be optimistic about, however, considering this vaccine has taken 7 months from the very first thought of it through to approval it actually fills me with genuine concern."

Only 7 months? Is that what you believe?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: CAPar  
Date:   Fri 4 Dec 20:20

Pregnant women have been advised not to take it I think
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 4 Dec 21:55

Quote:

CAPar, Fri 04 Dec 20:20

Pregnant women have been advised not to take it I think

As is the case with most medicine

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net