DAFC.net
Home 16 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Laptops for kids
Topic Originator: parforthecourse  
Date:   Thu 11 Feb 17:49

There's a chap called Mike Saint collecting unwanted laptops in Dunfermline and surrounding towns, converting them to chrome books, and then delivering them to people who need them for schoolwork.

I donated an ancient netbook, and a couple of days later he'd converted it and given it to a family who needed it.

If you want to donate a laptop, or need one, then contact him at tech4all.scot@gmail.com

Cheers,

PFTC.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Laptops for kids
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 11 Feb 20:37

He sounds aptly named. Well done to him
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 11 Feb 20:38

Nice one,

Don’t have any old/unused ones myself, but I’ve posted your message on another couple of forums I’m on in case others do
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Feb 06:05

Question on this subject: One of the instant replies I got on the other forum I posted this on was that in giving him your old laptop, you’ll be giving him your bank details etc...

Think that put a lot of folk off... is there a way you can safely wipe that sort of stuff away beforehand?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlfonzoBonzo  
Date:   Fri 12 Feb 06:13

FFS- people these days. I know who the guy is. He’s most likely a millionaire and is doing this to help, not to steal

Show us yer....
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Jeffery  
Date:   Fri 12 Feb 07:35

I don't imagine he needs to even boot the laptop into windows never mind login to windows and hope that card details are saved somewhere. Chrome OS will just be installed from a bootable USB.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 12 Feb 08:21

How to wipe your machine before donating
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 12 Feb 11:17

Thanks Jake I’ll pass that on

PS think it’s a valid concern giving how everyone manages and recently lives their lives online, but looks pretty easy to wipe your personal stuff
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net