DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Vaccine passport - heads up
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 19 May 16:48

The Scottish Government have just announced introduction of the so called Vaccine Passport certificate for anybody needing such for foreign travel.

Tel. 0808 196 8565

I got in quickly and am sorted, no doubt it`ll get busier soon as word gets around.

Up to 21 days for delivery, although it can be downloaded immediately from the website

vacs.nhs.scot

You need a username to register, apparently it`s on your appointment letter.

The nice lady who answered my call gave ours out over the `phone for website access.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Vaccine passport - heads up
Topic Originator: PARSpars  
Date:   Wed 19 May 16:58

Yeh I noticed it this morning when looked to see if could move my 2nd appointment to same day as my Mrs.

The unique username is on the letters sent out (though it wasn't on my dads 1st appointment letter) and it's very simple to register and use.

Thought not seen any announcements from Scot Gov though

Post Edited (Wed 19 May 17:01)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 May 17:10

https://www.gov.scot/news/covid-19-vaccination-status-scheme-launches/

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 May 17:15

Quote:

veteraneastender, Wed 19 May 17:10

https://www.gov.scot/news/covid-19-vaccination-status-scheme-launches/

just seen Jason Leitch tweet about it
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: allparone  
Date:   Wed 19 May 19:42

Why are people doing this when they’ve been told only to do it if you are travelling to a country that requires it in the next 21 days?

There are currently no countries that require this.

"They should only access their record if they are planning to travel within 21 days and it is a requirement of their destination."
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 19 May 19:48

Quote:

allparone, Wed 19 May 19:42

Why are people doing this when they’ve been told only to do it if you are travelling to a country that requires it in the next 21 days?

There are currently no countries that require this.

"They should only access their record if they are planning to travel within 21 days and it is a requirement of their destination."

some holiday companies have said no tests required if fully vaccinated so this is the proof for people living in Scotland. It's already on the system you just need register if not done so before
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Rastapari  
Date:   Thu 20 May 07:29

It's just a step to further demonise those not wanting to be part of the experiment, to further coerce those with questions and who have the temerity to look after themselves and trust their immune system.

Carole Baskin fed Rasta to a tiger.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Thu 20 May 07:42

Why do you keep inferring that anyone who gets unwell with this is at fault and have done something wrong? Yes, some will be more at risk because they are unhealthy or overweight but don't you realise that there are large percentage who were previously healthy, were unlucky enough to just be ill with another condition or simply were affected because they are old?!?

What a weird way to behave.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 20 May 08:22

Quote:

Rastapari, Thu 20 May 07:29

It's just a step to further demonise those not wanting to be part of the experiment, to further coerce those with questions and who have the temerity to look after themselves and trust their immune system.

I don't quite agree with your take on it, Rasta, but it's certainly pushing anyone who wants to travel to a foreign country to be vaccinated.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Thu 20 May 08:24

Totally agree with Rasta, looks like I’ll be enjoying the scenery in Scotland a lot more than normal.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 20 May 08:30

Rasta is a Daily Mail wannabe with suggestions that those with health conditions should just be healthier 🤦‍♂️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Thu 20 May 08:34

The risks involved with air travel far outweigh those associated with the vaccine so I don`t think those who aren`t getting vaccinated will mind.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 May 08:59

Aye true right enough TOWK, I’ll go jump in the queue now for one.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 May 09:03

Yes but that is actually only if you fly. If you don`t fly then the risks of air travel will be zero.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 May 09:07

Concern about receiving the vaccine shouldn't be mocked, but neither should getting the vaccination. I don't think anyone is bothered about people not getting the vaccine. The issue is where people use mistruths to justify themselves not getting it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 May 14:35

"I don`t think anyone is bothered about people not getting the vaccine."

The NHS professionals who have to deal with hospitalised cases might differ with that observation ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Thu 20 May 15:22

Got mine done now.Printed and laminated ready as the fact they are available then places will start to want them for events.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 May 16:57

Quote:

donj, Thu 20 May 15:22

Got mine done now.Printed and laminated ready as the fact they are available then places will start to want them for events.

exactly, got it saved as document on phone as well, handy to have.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 May 19:02

Quote:

veteraneastender, Thu 20 May 14:35

"I don`t think anyone is bothered about people not getting the vaccine."

The NHS professionals who have to deal with hospitalised cases might differ with that observation ?

I was referring to the general public (people on this forum) but not sure NHS pros care too much. Numbers are very low.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 May 19:15

Probably due to the number of punters being vaccinated ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Thu 20 May 19:30

Quote:

Berry, Thu 20 May 08:24

Totally agree with Rasta, looks like I’ll be enjoying the scenery in Scotland a lot more than normal.

From what I have seen if you don't get vaccinated so are unable to get vaccine passport then a recent negative test or a previous positive test will be acceptable.
I don't know the mechanism for providing this info but that certainly isn't forcing people to be vaccinated. Despite what the conspiracy theorists might say.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 20 May 21:54

Thanks SIF.

To be honest trying to turn it into a positive, even if we had the chance to go abroad, I don’t think we’d want to in the near future and I’m ashamed to admit that whilst I’ve lived in Scotland all my life I’ve failed to actually explore much and appreciate it so hoping this would be a good opportunity to sort that out.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Fri 21 May 06:01

You and pretty much everyone else Berry!

Looks like Highlands and Islands will be getting swamped with Scottish and rUK visitors next couple of years...

...obviously they’ll charge too much and folk will realise they can get 2wks in Spanish sun for same money, so probably won’t last as everyone crams on some beach somewhere soon again
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Fri 21 May 06:18

Quote:

Berry, Thu 20 May 21:54

Thanks SIF.

To be honest trying to turn it into a positive, even if we had the chance to go abroad, I don’t think we’d want to in the near future and I’m ashamed to admit that whilst I’ve lived in Scotland all my life I’ve failed to actually explore much and appreciate it so hoping this would be a good opportunity to sort that out.

Did the NC500 last year and I would highly recommend it. As pointed out hotels are a little dearer than you would hope and meals a little dearer but considering remoteness and availability of accommodation it’s not ridiculous.

A bigger problem was people dragging their sleeping sheds behind their cars and diesel spewing campervans driven by folk concentrating more on scenery than the road. These folk all load up with provisions at Tesco at home or Inverness and add zero to the local economies on the way round other than waste, slow traffic and pollution.

Other than that it was brilliant though - definitely worse places to spend a holiday than Scotland and some of the best beaches in the world

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shrek par  
Date:   Fri 21 May 10:07

I know a Councillor on the NC500 route. Real problems with campervans and wild camping and folk leaving all their crap behind. On the plus side the garage in Tongue now has 5 full time recovery wagons collecting broken toys from the side of the road and fields. The locals see it as a necessary evil at the moment,thankful for the increase in receipts but not so happy with folk tear arsing around the far north in sports cars. A friend now has planning permission for hobbit huts in the top left corner of the route and is fully booked already till 2022. Still only one policeman from Lochinver to wick though.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 May 12:58

Quote:

jake89, Thu 20 May 08:30

Rasta is a Daily Mail wannabe with suggestions that those with health conditions should just be healthier 🤦‍♂️

Illustrate where I said that...I'll wait.
You'll find the Dailly Mail is pro vaccine.
Do try thinking.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 May 13:02

Quote:

Inferred that it's only those who don't look after themselves that are affected.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 May 13:19

Quote:

jake89, Fri 21 May 13:02

Quote:

Inferred that it's only those who don't look after themselves that are affected.

Absolute pi5h....I'm advocating those who can be healthy and well trusting their immune system.
You think I said to my mate who died when his cancer treatments were paused for covid....hey don't worry chap, just get fit?

Yeah, I'll stick to it, try thinking, you're the Dail Mail wannabe.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 May 17:34

Saying it as I read it though understand you wouldn't make such a remark to someone with cancer.

The risk of death due to COVID reduces based on your general health rather than having a healthy lifestyle. Obviously having a healthy lifestyle is likely to result in better general health, but there are fairly common health conditions such as asthma that will affect your chances.

It's all about risk, but the best protection, as far as CURRENT research can advise, is to get vaccinated. Being clear on current as I'm aware there are people rightly concerned about long term effects. It'll be years before we can determine these effects but we can broadly understand as the vaccines are using an existing vaccine base.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 May 18:32

Nah you’ve got it all wrong jake, folk with asthma need only go for a jog and they will be fine.

It’s a total coincidence that the areas with high cases at the moment are areas with high vaccine hesitancy and I am sure 100% of cases are of those cases are lazy fatties 🤔

Also weird is that those high hesitancy areas remain in a higher state of restrictions - it’s almost as if the vaccine was a route out of lockdown.

The dichotomy of bawling eyes out about lockdowns and yet opposing the SINGLE route out of lockdowns would be amusing if it were not so sad.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 21 May 20:25

I think the point there, P, is that people could suggest they are being coerced into getting the vaccine in order to get freedom.

Though I do agree it would be laughable if people not getting vaccinated then throw their arms in the air when things are locked down due to rates increasing.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 May 08:14

So, we're discounting the value of keeping fit and having a healthy immune system?
Some of you are buying the glossy adverts telling you you're brave and "not giving in" ....by not actually doing anything....and it shows.

Y'all are the ones catching the rona....

Cruckets and a gentle breeze over here.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 May 08:32

No normal people include the value of keeping fit and having a healthy immune system as only part of a wider regime to good health including considering what they consume (food/drink/fags/vapes etc) and taking the appropriate medical precautions for their circumstances.

Personally in the last week I have been running 3x, swimming 4x, returned to football first time in a year, played golf 3x (and once more today) and walked the dogs at least once a day on top of that. I will still take my second vaccine next Friday.

Post Edited (Sat 22 May 08:35)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sat 22 May 08:33

IMHO It’s quite a self centred view though Rasta?

While the young, fit and healthy may suffer minor symptoms and make a full recovery, maybe even without knowing they had it... could you not also say that, without immunity, the likelihood of the virus remaining and the likelihood of them passing it on to people will be higher?
... and while the vulnerable age group may indeed get vaccinated, it’s not a 100% effective, so having all these young, for, healthy people without immunity, passing it round, going on holiday and introducing other variants will only increase the risk to the wider society.

But I suppose when you’re young, fit and/or healthy it’s easy to not consider them elderly, unfit, people with underlying conditions, etc.

One of my mates repeats your mantra all the time, and it’s normally coupled with other “individual over society” arguments about freedoms, laws, taxes, etc- all a bit right wing, ultra conservative for me

Edited to say that I took my vaccine two days after cycling a very hilly 100 miles (in a smidge over 6hrs), so guessing I’m fit and healthy enough to be alright if I caught it ...but then how could I forgive myself if I didn’t take the vaccine and passed it on to my vulnerable mum, my unwell friend, my work colleague who’s had a transplant, my elderly neighbour, etc and they had a more serious reaction?

Post Edited (Sat 22 May 08:38)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 May 09:03

There's no point in using logic DBP.

I've had it. It didn't affect me. Well done me for keeping myself tidy and nice and fit. That's clearly the conclusion isn't it? It certainly helps but there's a degree of luck too.

But I'm not ignorant enough to ignore the facts that are in fromt of my face.

Although perhaps it is all a massive conspiracy theory so the lizards can make a mint and the numbers and news footage from many countries is all made up.

Post Edited (Sat 22 May 09:04)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 May 09:04

Yes it is self centred, who's centre and to focus on?
I look after me and mine first as is my right....and you're wilfully twisting what I'm saying, I'm sorry but if you are really saying there is little or no value to keeping healthy and watching your immune system then you have been brainwashed.
Brave little soldiers, not giving in....by not actually doing anything.
Well, still not surrounded by ill people.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect68  
Date:   Sat 22 May 09:15

Quote:

Rastapari, Sat 22 May 09:04

I look after me and mine first as is my right....and you're wilfully twisting what I'm saying, I'm sorry but if you are really saying there is little or no value to keeping healthy and watching your immune system then you have been brainwashed.

The only one wilfully twisting here is you, not one person here has stated there is little or no value to keeping healthy or watching your immune system, in fact I think most agree that's good to do. The most obvious difference between you and other posters is that they recognise the benefits of above AND what can be done to protect others in society, going beyond their immediate family, whereas you quite clearly state you look after you and yours first. That infers you are not concerned of your impact beyond that. Please correct me if I've misinterpreted your post? I honestly don't know if you truly think like that or just do it to bait, either way it's uncomfortable to me and reflects a lack of concern for others, despite your protestations to the contrary.

Editted for clarity, this is not a vaccine versus no vaccine post, whilst I clearly advocate the use of vaccine. This is about how people go about engaging in debate and imposing their views on others. Some with a difference of opinion from me, like Berry, do it respectfully and state their opinion, and I respect it and their right to choose, assuming they will be taking other measures to mitigate risks to themselves and others. You, whereas, are repeatedly disrespectful of others and use inflammatory phrases like "brave little soldiers" and "brainwashed" and show little respect or value for others opinions... It's either the trademarks of a narcissist or the pub know it all/bore, and again, i can see the irony of me posting that whilst arguing that people should be respectful of others but sometime a line is crossed where individual behaviours need called out.

Post Edited (Sat 22 May 09:41)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 22 May 10:22

I see Rasta, who hates the Tories, is still displaying a classic right-wing, `I`m alright, Jack` attitude towards the pandemic.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 May 11:16

What I see over many months of reading posts:
Where most are in agreement with Rasta
-there is a novel corono virus
-being fit , younger and healthy puts you less at risk if serious effects or hospitalisation
-it has far reaching consequences beyond that of direct covid infection (impact of lockdown on mental health, other illness and economy)
-there have been downright corrupt and probably illegal practices in "tendering" for contracts and some people will do very well out of it
-we don't know the long term impact of the vaccine at this point
Where people differ with Rasta:
-whether to have the vaccine or not
-that there is a worldwide collaboration to control people with an intent to harm people or for monetary gain
-on the basis of looking after self or community
-on ability to interact with others in a respectful way
-providing clear, validated evidence for viewpoints either as we make the point or are asked to provide
-that governments instantly know what to do and aren't learning and changing practice as we learn more

Rasta, i genuinely wish you and your family well and good health and I hope we find a way out of this soon for all concerned. I also hope there is continued scrutiny of handling and where corrupt practice it is called out, it is dealt with appropriately. I'm encouraged by the emerging evidence that whilst new variants may be more transmissable they do not seem to lead to increases hospitalisation and death, is that the vaccine? Due to lockdown? Due to natural tendency of virus and an element of herd immunity,,? All of the above? Only time, research and analysis will tell.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 May 16:39

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 22 May 10:22

I see Rasta, who hates the Tories, is still displaying a classic right-wing, `I`m alright, Jack` attitude towards the pandemic.

I'm really not, you don't know the slightest thing about me, I make those comments here, for you lot, you lit that have called me many names and made many insinuations..I owe you lot nothing, wouldn't cross the street for you, so I certainly wouldn't take an experimental treatment for you.

What gives any if you lot the right, without medical expertise to bully me into being a guinea pig?
You don't have the right.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 May 16:42

Quote:

Parfect68, Sat 22 May 09:15

Quote:

The only one wilfully twisting here is you, not one person here has stated there is little or no value to keeping healthy or watching your immune system, in fact I think most agree that's good to do. The most obvious difference between you and other posters is that they recognise the benefits of above AND what can be done to protect others in society, going beyond their immediate family, whereas you quite clearly state you look after you and yours first. That infers you are not concerned of your impact beyond that. Please correct me if I've misinterpreted your post? I honestly don't know if you truly think like that or just do it to bait, either way it's uncomfortable to me and reflects a lack of concern for others, despite your protestations to the contrary.

Editted for clarity, this is not a vaccine versus no vaccine post, whilst I clearly advocate the use of vaccine. This is about how people go about engaging in debate and imposing their views on others. Some with a difference of opinion from me, like Berry, do it respectfully and state their opinion, and I respect it and their right to choose, assuming they will be taking other measures to mitigate risks to themselves and others. You, whereas, are repeatedly disrespectful of others and use inflammatory phrases like "brave little soldiers" and "brainwashed" and show little respect or value for others opinions... It's either the trademarks of a narcissist or the pub know it all/bore, and again, i can see the irony of me posting that whilst arguing that people should be respectful of others but sometime a line is crossed where individual behaviours need called out.

All of what you say can be levelled at you lot.
What gives you the right to cheerlead an experiment?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 22 May 16:50

Maybe if you made your point without abusing/bullying the rest of us people would engage with you.

Works both ways

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 May 17:04

Quote:

Rastapari, Sat 22 May 16:42

Quote:

Parfect68, Sat 22 May 09:15

Quote:

All of what you say can be levelled at you lot.
What gives you the right to cheerlead an experiment?

I don't have a problem with you not taking the vaccine , I'd prefer you did from a public health perspective but I recognise your right not too. I actually don't have a problem with you advocating others not to if you 1)respectfully state your opinion without digs and name calling and 2)give your reasons why with good clear substantiated evidence. Neither of which you do.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 May 17:06

Quote:

da_no_1, Sat 22 May 16:50

Maybe if you made your point without abusing/bullying the rest of us people would engage with you.

Works both ways

I'm not bullying anyone, laughing at them, yeah sometimes, frustrated...guilty, wondering what all your medical qualifications are....yeah, astonished you think you are not part of an experiment...yeah guilty again, bullying....I'm not the one mob handed here.
Whether or not you engage with me, please take on board, I really really do not care, not one bit, there is not one person on here would influence me in any way and I'm sure vice versa.
I don't seek any validation nor acceptance from any of you.
Seems to rattle some of you.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 May 17:41

Rasta, you are by far the most self-obsessed person on this forum. You dish out insults to people right, left and centre and accuse everyone else of insulting you. You say you don`t care what anyone says about you but you can`t help yourself reacting to anyone who dares to challenge your posts.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 May 19:35

Think you're protesting too much, Rasta. If you were comfortable with your decision you wouldn't be chucking insults at people who have chosen to be vaccinated.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 May 21:29

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 22 May 17:41

Rasta, you are by far the most self-obsessed person on this forum. You dish out insults to people right, left and centre and accuse everyone else of insulting you. You say you don`t care what anyone says about you but you can`t help yourself reacting to anyone who dares to challenge your posts.

Why should I not be?
People who are getting sick are blaming people who are not getting sick as being the reason they are getting sick....without asking...why are you not getting sick?

This is a forum, it's about post and response...I can respond without caring about the other's stance...come on you're sharper than that.

I dish out insults because I get them and vice versa, it's ok....you'll survive.

"Dare's to challenge your posts"
Bit dramatic there dear, it happens on a daily basis.

None of you know me and I don't know you, words on a screen at this point...I can say this though, it's no persona...I'd say everything I say here in real life and to a face.

A lot of people dig that, some don't.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Sat 22 May 21:30

, there is not one person on here would influence me in any way

Rasta I remember you being swayed to independence when you said you were undecided. Someone pointed out that this surprised them that an anarchist would vote for another layer of government (Westminster) and you said that made your mind up.

I get you have your own strong opinions on the vaccine etc but you should stop belittling others who disagree with you. There’s plenty ways you can get your point across without being so hurtful and insulting.
Be nice.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 May 22:11

` "Dare`s to challenge your posts"
Bit dramatic there dear, it happens on a daily basis.`

Indeed they are constantly challenged and debunked.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 May 22:33

Quote:

dd23, Sat 22 May 21:30

, there is not one person on here would influence me in any way

Rasta I remember you being swayed to independence when you said you were undecided. Someone pointed out that this surprised them that an anarchist would vote for another layer of government (Westminster) and you said that made your mind up.

I get you have your own strong opinions on the vaccine etc but you should stop belittling others who disagree with you. There’s plenty ways you can get your point across without being so hurtful and insulting.
Be nice.

Oh come on, grasping at straws, years ago, different topic, different me, people grow and change 😉

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 May 22:34

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sat 22 May 22:11

` "Dare`s to challenge your posts"
Bit dramatic there dear, it happens on a daily basis.`

Indeed they are constantly challenged and debunked.

Debunk Pfizer's criminal activity...debunk me saying last year we'd still be locked down...so you get the odd hit...I'm flattered🤣

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 May 22:46

Aye right the odd hit 😂
I wish I could say it was a case of steel sharpening steel but in every case the briefest of Google searches did the trick.
I do rather enjoy you though Rasta, makes the forums more interesting.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 22 May 23:06

The trouble with having your head up your own backside is you can`t hear what anybody else is saying.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 08:25

Quote:

wee eck, Sat 22 May 23:06

The trouble with having your head up your own backside is you can`t hear what anybody else is saying.

Calm down petal, you're awfully rattled for a bunch of words on the screen.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 08:25

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Sat 22 May 22:46

Aye right the odd hit 😂
I wish I could say it was a case of steel sharpening steel but in every case the briefest of Google searches did the trick.
I do rather enjoy you though Rasta, makes the forums more interesting.

That'll be a no then, enjoy the experiment.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 08:44

So, any of you got any genuine ideas why compliant seem to be getting ill all over the place but non compliants aren't?
I have lots of friends who have been going about their business one of them got ill in London, not bad going for the middle of a pandemic?
Also I see cremations and funerals appear down in a lot of areas, wtf are people doing with the bodies?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 09:04

What is your data set that supports your statement "getting ill all over the place"?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 09:35

Quote:

ipswichpar, Sun 23 May 09:04

What is your data set that supports your statement "getting ill all over the place"?

Probably The Metro again....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 09:37

Quote:

Can you read?
Then try the Coronavirus threads, plenty on here been ill and had people round them all, all claim to be doing the rules thing, are they liars?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 09:38

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 23 May 09:35

Quote:

Bless, you really get rattled with me, relax.
You get upset when I answer like that, wee hypocrite me thinks...

Post Edited (Sun 23 May 09:45)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 09:43

So your evidence is posts on here. But you said "all over the place" so I'm not sure a website focussed on a football team from Fife is the most statistically robust daatset.

I can read....I was asking a question as a result of you making a statement.

Can you actually answer a question?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 09:45

Quote:

Rastapari, Sun 23 May 09:38

Quote:

Quote:

Sitting on my decking with a cup of tea with 2 dogs by my side. Perfectly relaxed thank you and more than able to call out your absolute nonsense. Enjoy your Sunday.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 09:47

Quote:

ipswichpar, Sun 23 May 09:43

So your evidence is posts on here. But you said "all over the place" so I'm not sure a website focussed on a football team from Fife is the most statistically robust daatset.

I can read....I was asking a question as a result of you making a statement.

Can you actually answer a question?

I was addressing the people on here, not many folks outside of Pars fans will read it eh?
I think you knew that though, just any excuse to have a go.
Hope it felt good :)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 09:47

FFS...time to open a v2 of this thread an aw!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 09:48

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 23 May 09:45

Quote:

Rastapari, Sun 23 May 09:38

Quote:

Quote:

Sitting on my decking with a cup of tea with 2 dogs by my side. Perfectly relaxed thank you and more than able to call out your absolute nonsense. Enjoy your Sunday.

That would make a change, the last time you tried running a smart mouth you didn't address or call out anything, you fancy a revisit?
We'll try this one, what's your favourite Pfizer criminal conviction?

Post Edited (Sun 23 May 09:57)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 10:26

😂 This is getting laughable. Post sources or stop posting ill-informed nonsense.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 10:34

Quote:

jake89, Sun 23 May 10:26

😂 This is getting laughable. Post sources or stop posting ill-informed nonsense.

You can Google that one, go on you try it, which one of Pfizer's criminal convictions gives you faith in their product?
Bribing and buying doctors or illegal experimentation?

Don't be scared....have go min..

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 10:49

Quote:

jake89, Sun 23 May 10:26

What you gone quiet for?
🤣🤣🤣👊

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 10:55

Because it's been 10 minutes 😂 Honestly...

Still waiting for your evidence. Google isn't evidence. Can you provide links about people being sick or Pfizer criminality relating to the COVID vaccine?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 11:02

Quote:

jake89, Sun 23 May 10:55

Because it's been 10 minutes 😂 Honestly...

Still waiting for your evidence. Google isn't evidence. Can you provide links about people being sick or Pfizer criminality relating to the COVID vaccine?

Why are you scared to look yourself, simply Google Pfizer's criminal history, plenty to read, you know what if you can't even do that, do one.

Edit, I didn't say to do with the covid vaccine, that'll come later, after the experiment.

Post Edited (Sun 23 May 11:07)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Sun 23 May 11:06

Quote:

Rastapari, Sun 23 May 09:48

What's your favourite Pfizer criminal conviction?

As far as I can see Pfizer only has one criminal conviction.
This is for health care fraud where their representatives were giving financial kickbacks to doctors to push their products over the products of rival firms.
This is a result of the messed up "free market" healthcare system in the US where medicines are advertised on TV and the person who is requiring treatment chooses what they get.
Sure Pfizer were unethical in providing kickback but you can guarantee in America ever pharmaceutical company dies it to varying degrees.

There have been a few civil cases against them. Some have been dismissed. Others settled.
Thats the nature of America again where folk try to sue companies over anything. There was a guy bought a boomerang in America and when is came back and twatted him on the head he sued the makers cause it didn't warn him.
This is why we have messages like "May contain peanuts" on packs of peanuts.
It's why we have massive bits of paper listing possible side effects in ever medicine we get.

The only particularly bad thing I have seen that Pfizer have done is unauthorised trials of Trovan in Nigeria. It was for treating meningitis in children. It left 11 children dead and dozens disabled.
Now meningitis is a killer disease, which can also cause disability due to causing brain damage. I suspect the meningitis was the cause but because if was an unauthorised trial they paid out.

I've had a look through the various litigations against them and not a single one of them would make me refuse their covid vaccine if I had been offered that.

Here is a source with some info on them.

https://www.drugwatch.com/manufacturers/pfizer/

It would be really good if you could provide links to some of the claims you make so we could all examine the evidence that makes you come to the conclusions you do. You never know maybe we would agree with you or at least be able to understand your stance better.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 11:07

So you can't provide a single link relating to Pfizer criminality relating to the COVID-19 vaccine?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 11:09

They sound charming Sadindiefreak, a company you can have real confidence in, props though, unlike da no 1 and jake at least you weren't too scared to acknowledge it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 11:09

Quote:

jake89, Sun 23 May 11:07

So you can't provide a single link relating to Pfizer criminality relating to the COVID-19 vaccine?

Can you read son?
That comes later after the experiment.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 11:13

Ah, that's convenient.

So, just to be 100% clear on this - you can provide no evidence whatsoever of criminality relating to Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine? I think we can all assume the answer so let's move on.

Can you provide any data evidencing sickness as a result of receiving a COVID vaccine (can be any)? It would be good if you could provide the data displaying the level of sickness in vaccinated vs not vaccinated.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 23 May 11:13

Look north for the great experiment, on level 1, controls on who arrives and testing done, watch how it pans out.

Bigger expansion come?🤔
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 11:23

Quote:

jake89, Sun 23 May 11:13

Ah, that's convenient.

So, just to be 100% clear on this - you can provide no evidence whatsoever of criminality relating to Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine? I think we can all assume the answer so let's move on.

Can you provide any data evidencing sickness as a result of receiving a COVID vaccine (can be any)? It would be good if you could provide the data displaying the level of sickness in vaccinated vs not vaccinated.

I'll ask again can you reader or are you being wilfully ignorant?
I didn't say anything about he covid vaccine, that still under trial you brought up that.
I simply asked what criminal activity made you confident in their product?
Quote me mentioning that in regards to the covid vaccine....I'll wait.

Post Edited (Sun 23 May 11:44)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 11:30

So no evidence of sickness? No evidence of criminality? Thanks for clearing that up.

Anyway, good to hear the vaccines are offering good protection against the B.1.617 variant, especially the Pfizer one.

Edited to add a link - though sure everyone can use Google 🙊

Guardian story on vaccine effectiveness against B1.617 (Indian) variant

Post Edited (Sun 23 May 11:34)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 11:46

Quote:

jake89, Sun 23 May 11:30

So no evidence of sickness? No evidence of criminality? Thanks for clearing that up.

Anyway, good to hear the vaccines are offering good protection against the B.1.617 variant, especially the Pfizer one.

Edited to add a link - though sure everyone can use Google 🙊

Guardian story on vaccine effectiveness against B1.617 (Indian) variant

Ok, continue your Trump like projection, quote where I said in connection with the latest vaccine or really, pipe down.
You are being wilfully stupid.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 11:51

It's okay. I understand that you accept there is no evidence. No need to resort to petty insults.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 12:02

Quote:

jake89, Sun 23 May 11:51

It's okay. I understand that you accept there is no evidence. No need to resort to petty insults.

Just quote me or shut up you utter child.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 12:04

Quote:

Rastapari, Sun 23 May 12:02

Quote:

jake89, Sun 23 May 11:51

Just quote me or shut up you utter child.

There you go.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 12:49

I was fitting skirting then cutting my grass. Far better things to do than trawling the internet.....son

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 23 May 13:15

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 23 May 12:49

I was fitting skirting then cutting my grass. Far better things to do than trawling the internet.....son

Yeah, typical no show when challenged.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Mon 21 Jun 07:42

Moderna, Pfizer or AstraZeneca? The ridiculous, diverting rise of vaccine envy
Euro export boost for Newry as Irish whiskey sales continue to flourish

The Government has been accused of trying to usher in national ID cards “by the backdoor” after one firm awarded a vaccine passport contract boasted about being able to “redeploy” them into a national identity programme, i can reveal.

Entrust, a global IT firm, was awarded a contract by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) last month to work on the Government’s Covid vaccine certification system.

The company, which describes itself as a “global leader in identities, payments, and data protection”, was handed £250,000 to provide cloud computing software for the Covid-status certification scheme run by NHSX — the Government’s digital health unit.

A blog post on the company’s website from February, before the contract was signed, said vaccine passports could be used to “consider a national ID strategy” and “become part of the infrastructure of the new normal”.

Jann Markey, Entrust’s product marketing director, wrote: “With the infrastructure and investment necessary to ensure a viable vaccine passport, why not redeploy this effort into a national citizen ID programme that can be used for multiple purposes including the secure delivery of government services, secure cross-border travel, and documentation of vaccination.”

Entrust also hosted a webinar in January detailing how vaccine passports would enable governments “to collect valuable data” about citizens.

Senior product manager John Bejjani said: “You’ll understand why it’s not just for travel, you can take it and repurpose it to do such things as national IDs and permits.

“Deploying something like a mobile travel credential also enables governments to collect valuable data.“It can provide governments a quick and standard mechanism for securing their citizens.

“It also doesn’t hurt that this information can be used to identify criminals and other bad actors as they move around the same system trying to hide anonymously in the crowds.”

The company has already helped roll out national ID systems in Albania, Ghana and Malaysia using its digital technology.

The Minnesota-based firm has previously been awarded seven other contracts to produce technology for different Government bodies.

The contract with DHSC, which is due to expire in March 2022, can be extended for one year, meaning Entrust could be working on any vaccine passport scheme until 2023.

MPs and civil liberties groups have slammed the Government for signing a contract with the firm, claiming it marks the first step on the road to a national ID programme.

David Davis, former Cabinet minister and member of the Covid Recovery Group (CRG) of Tory MPs, described the contract as “sinister” and demanded further explanation from the Government.

He told i: “The health department is a

Let`s try making it till Christmas
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 21 Jun 08:10

Are you able to append the remaining part of your post please Dave?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 21 Jun 10:04

Working on it until 2023, same time the trials end...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Mon 21 Jun 11:25

Sorry Berry thought I had copy and pasted the whole article

He told i: “The health department is able to go around signing these contracts without explicit Parliamentary permission. But it is doubly extraordinary that they sign one with a company with this sinister attitude to surveillance of citizens.

Former Tory leader Sir Iain Duncan Smith added that the contract “runs counter to the stated position of the Government and should be scrapped”.

Jake Hurfurt, head of research at civil liberties group Big Brother Watch told i that “Covid certificates would introduce ID cards in the UK by the backdoor.

“The fact that the government has done a deal with Entrust, a company which is openly plotting a route from vaccine passports to digital identity cards, only underlines what a serious threat Covid passes would be to our civil liberties and our privacy,” he said.

Read More - Featured Image
Read More
EU set to allow travel with Covid vaccine passports, giving green light for UK holidays to Spain and France

Baroness Shami Chakrabarti, former director of civil liberties group Liberty, said the contract with Entrust suggested ministers were trying to shuffle vaccine passports into legislation without proper Parliamentary debate.She said: “This isn’t a mere question of competence but far more sinister.

This is studied chaos.”We need to be explicitly reassured that the Government has not already decided in favour of some kind of national ID system.”

The Prime Minister earlier this year appointed Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove to oversee a review into the introduction of vaccine passports both for international travel and for entry to large-scale events with the UK.

Speaking in the Commons last month, Mr Gove said the Government is still reviewing whether Covid-status certifications could be used to help the return of “mingling at the bar” at large-scale pubs and to facilitate major events such as Premier League matches.

A DHSC spokesperson said: “The NHS App is not and will not be used as a national ID system.

“The COVID-19 vaccine status service provides a simple and secure means of verifying users’ vaccination status for international travel. The service shows only a very small part of an individual’s medical record and this information is held securely by the NHS.”

Entrust did not respond to requests for comment.

https://inews.co.uk/news/government-accused-of-ushering-in-national-id-cards-by-the-backdoor-after-covid-vaccine-passport-contract-1062476

Let`s try making it till Christmas
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 21 Jun 15:32

I did say....but I'm just a conspiracy nut.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 21 Jun 16:32

Struggling to see how this is different to a normal passport.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 22 Jun 12:58

totally agree jake89

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 22 Jun 14:25

Is this only in England?

The vaccine passport I have has no mention of my hospital stay in January, though I think I read that the English ones have.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 22 Jun 15:06

On company policies and fines we have to understand the detail behind what has happened. I am a senior person in a multi billion dollar company. We have had regulatory fines for people receiving kick backs. We found the evidence of lack of compliance in advance of any hearings, fired and prosecuted the individuals. If I worked in the world of Pfizer does this make me complicit to such crimes-no. Does it make us a bad company -no. It ensures we continue to review our working practices and review our ethics policy. A bad group of employees doesn’t make a company bad. If that were the case I think some of us would have been jailed before now instead of retaining our positions and truly believing in the good of our workforce. Things happen outside of senior management and directors control that can get us fired if the systems are not robust. We can even go to jail. That is the difference from a senior persons view. So it is not fair to brand the company as bad because certain elements have been found to break regulatory rules.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 22 Jun 20:59

Quote:

jake89, Mon 21 Jun 16:32

Struggling to see how this is different to a normal passport.

If it was the same as a passport it would just be the passport.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 23 Jun 17:22

You can no longer print off your certificate, only by phoning in can you now get one, 14 day delivery quoted.

I ordered one for my wife and the quality (laser printer) to my ink jet download was like night and day, made my one look like a forgery!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 23 Jun 23:03

If the vaccine passport is just to be for overseas travel, why cant they enter the information onto the actual passport system itself?

They already tie in your picture for your passport and driving licence so surely wouldt be too difficult to organise.

End of the day, if you want to travel overseas you require a passport so they should combine that with vaccination status.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 25 Jun 12:39

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Wed 23 Jun 17:22

You can no longer print off your certificate, only by phoning in can you now get one, 14 day delivery quoted.

I ordered one for my wife and the quality (laser printer) to my ink jet download was like night and day, made my one look like a forgery!

Certificate arrived this morning, 2 days after requesting, now to find an all inclusive in the Antarctic!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 16:04

Just had email from NHS asking me to apply for digital vaccine passport, cost £1.99 just supply your card details!

Check on email source, SCAM ALERT!🤔😷🤬🤬🤬
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 17:27

The internet address is always a giveaway - ends .fi

Since when did the NHS operate out of Finland ?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 27 Jun 17:54

Source of email:- info@transporteshi.com
Maybe it's a collection for Hancock!

Ain't Finland!🤔
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net