DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 In other news....
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Fri 10 Sep 22:44

The traffic lights on the roundabout adjacent to Sky are finally working.
And I got right through from North to South without being stopped... So all in all its a thumbs up.
Took their time though... How long ago did they do all the works there?
Seems a while.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: In other news....
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 15:27

Millions spent just to stop folk walking around the roundabout on the motorway junctions and guess what, people still do it. Lazy dumb idiots. If someone gets hit there then it’s their own fault.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 16:57

That's not the reason. There will soon be a new junction for Broomhall. 2000 houses going in. They needed an extra lane on the roundabout. The pedestrian route is a farce.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 11 Sep 18:42

Quote:

jake89, Sat 11 Sep 16:57

That's not the reason. There will soon be a new junction for Broomhall. 2000 houses going in. They needed an extra lane on the roundabout. The pedestrian route is a farce.

Any link to council planning documents showing this junction Jake?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 10:36

Afraid not but it's indicated on the Fife Local Plan. Comes off that roundabout, through the field, over the railway line and then over the fields to the road that heads up to Crossford (Waggon Road?). The housing development doesn't spread as far as that (greenbelt wouldn't allow it) but the road presumably has to connect somewhere.

This link may work. The purple dots indicate roads/routes. I believe the one off the Sky roundabout is the Western Distributor Road. There's also the Northern Relief Road, which will connect Halbeath to Wellwood via Townhill. Disgraceful route and very poorly considered. Probably end up finding the planned route is riddled with mine workings too.

Click here

Post Edited (Sun 12 Sep 10:52)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 11:17

Thanks for that. Always wondered if the roundabout was created as a bowl to allow easier construction of an underpass that would go from the west straight onto the m'way. For years there's been talk of a Rosyth ring road that seemed to have an obvious route to the north of Camdean.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 12 Sep 11:55

Funny you should say that as I was wondering the same. I imagine most traffic on that roundabout goes straight up to Dunfermline so it makes little sense to hollow it out now. However, back in th day there may have been a thought that traffic would head west but that would have stopped years before that roundabout existed. Prior to the Forth Road Bridge there would have been loads of traffic routed through Dunfermline town centre and through to Kincardine.

Funny to imagine what Dunfermline would be like if that bridge had never been built.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net