DAFC.net
Home 16 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Cross eye/hand dominance for darts snooker
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 30 Dec 21:32

I’m left eye dominant, kick a ball with my left foot, on the odd occasion I do archery, it’s left handed …but write (thanks to school) with my right hand and also play darts/snooker right handed.

Haven’t played either since lockdown started, so when I take them up again, would I be better just going for it and learning again left handed?

Also, The sight in my right eye isn’t as good as my left

Ps I have watched Phil Taylor who kinda sights with his left as party of his throw but felt a bit odd

Post Edited (Thu 30 Dec 21:33)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Cross eye/hand dominance for darts snooker
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Fri 31 Dec 10:48

Do whatever makes you happy but if you`re not ambidextrous it could be a fruitless persuit trying to change.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Fri 31 Dec 11:40

Similar for me DBP. When I played football I preferred to control and carry the ball with my left foot since my left eye was very much dominant, but when it came to shooting I had more power in my right foot. When I did rifle shooting or darts I had to lean across and try to line up my right hand with my left eye, which is probably why I was not very good. The last time I played darts I decided to throw left handed which didn’t make me any more accurate but felt a bit more comfortable. Best of luck.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Sat 1 Jan 22:34

Ref: Sammer

>>The last time I played darts I decided to throw left handed which didn’t make me any more accurate but felt a bit more comfortable...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeh but how did the guy standing at the chalk board feel? Did you see the nervous sweat glistenin` on his foreheid? 🙂

Post Edited (Sat 01 Jan 22:36)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net